IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

15 hours ago, Pasta said:

One at 21, in school, with a boyfriend (fairly normal)

I doubt it is as normal as that. More like one is a cult like college with a courtship that her parents call by another name after getting a clue that calling it courting makes them look like freaks. I really doubt any of them are "going their own way." You think Gil and Kelly would be okay with a daughter saying "I"m moving out, getting a job and dating a guy that I'll bring home after I'm sure I like him."?

Alyssa wanted to escape that house and marriage was the only way she saw that she could get out. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt they will get away from the cult but I comparing face value of the two women.  Sorry I wasn't clear. I think we all hope they get out but don't expect it.  Clothing won't change beliefs but the two have definitely taken different paths toward the same result.  

1 hour ago, Pasta said:

I doubt they will get away from the cult but I comparing face value of the two women.

I do get that they are a year apart and seem to live such different lives, but I think that shows how absolutely desperate Alyssa was to get out of that house. It is not a sign that the Bates were doing anything right. Poor Alyssa had been raising her mother's children and cooking huge meals since she was a child, no wonder she bolted the second she could. 

I don't see any of the Bates daughters actually using their college degrees, it seems like they all are just doing it to kill time before getting married. Michael went to an actual community college, but she got married and is still neck deep in IBLP. I wonder what the Bates would do if there wasn't an approved Christian college within driving distance. 

Erin is using her degree, she still teaches piano and makes music.
Michael has done a lot of health stuff and we don't actually know how she currently spends her time, I'd be surprised if she wasn't currently working while waiting for a baby.  She's always worked pre marriage (Nanny & volunteer fire person) - and Erin & Alyssa both work with kids.

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I think it's carlinbates98

Thanks! She's super pretty and her pictures look just like a regular instagram for a girl her age, too bad we all know the truth. :(

Since Carlin isn't in a courtship that we know of, I'm thinking UP or sponsors might be encouraging the 18 and above Bates kids to have a public social media accounts. You know for publicity and product placement.

Since Carlin isn't in a courtship that we know of, I'm thinking UP or sponsors might be encouraging the 18 and above Bates kids to have a public social media accounts. You know for publicity and product placement.

Yeah the more happy, well adjusted, Bates promoting the show; the better it is for UP. (By the way I don't think the Bates kids are well adjusted and some of them may not be happy but that's what it is on the surface)

On 12/24/2016 at 4:56 PM, imokit said:

, I'd be surprised if she wasn't currently working while waiting for a baby.  

With her husband working for IBLP, I would be surprised if she was working. She might be helping in children's institutes, but that is just basically teaching propaganda to kids. She also could help with whatever the female ALERT is called, but again, that is bits of real medical info combined with lots of propaganda. 

You are correct that Erin uses her degree to teach piano, she is lucky that she has the talent to do a job that is approved by most fundies for married women to do. But Alyssa didn't go to college and doesn't seem to be working with children. She parents, but I wouldn't say I work with special needs children and teens just because I'm parenting them. 

I'm guessing that at this moment most of the Bates are fairly happy with life. They are reality tv stars. The children are getting older so no one is having to stay up at night with babies. Their parents are IBLP stars and by default all the IBLP families are going to treat the Bates kids as being special. Their sex scandal hasn't tainted their wholesome image. They seem to be finding spouses pretty fast. Life is going pretty good for them. 

On 12/26/2016 at 5:18 PM, HeadshipRegent said:

Thanks! She's super pretty and her pictures look just like a regular instagram for a girl her age, too bad we all know the truth. :(

Carlin went full on preachy today (IMO, see railroad track photo) - beyond anything Erin, Alyssa, and possibly Whitney (but I can never make it through Whitney's sobbing posts about her two infants being too grown up) have ever said on Instagram.

And, a few posts past, likely whenever Carlin first went public, creepy Becky said something along the lines of it being a great Christmas present (if memory serves correctly - if it's incorrect, it was a huge rather inappropriate thank you).

My creeper scale is not decent due to my childhood, but Becky is a 10/10 to me, and makes me want to run away and I'm not even a Bates. Does anyone know more about her other than that she likely lives in an apartment surrounded by photographs of the Bates family?

"...find people who are totally sold-out for Jesus..." 

i don't think that means what she think it means...unless it means anyone who has a tv show "ministry"....then its the same meaning. 

Carlin's Instagram has been public for about 5 seconds and it's already so off-putting. It shows both how immature she is (which is relevant due to how close she is with Joy Duggar, who is about to get married) and how steeped in the Kool-Aid. She sounds more zealous than even Michael. Yikes.

Did we know Josie Bates has an Instagram account too? Hers is still private though. Its @josbates.

5 hours ago, colors_outside15 said:

And, a few posts past, likely whenever Carlin first went public, creepy Becky said something along the lines of it being a great Christmas present (if memory serves correctly - if it's incorrect, it was a huge rather inappropriate thank you).

My creeper scale is not decent due to my childhood, but Becky is a 10/10 to me, and makes me want to run away and I'm not even a Bates. Does anyone know more about her other than that she likely lives in an apartment surrounded by photographs of the Bates family?

Becky M has stated that she has never met the Bates (and I believe never the Duggars), & she lives about 10 hours away from the Bates, in Pennsylvania. She is notorious for chasing down anyone in the Bates/Duggar orbits on social media, friending them, and then begging for pictures or "updates" on the lives of the Bates and Duggars.  She still stalks Nathan's ex Ashley, for example, on her Instagram.

You can ID Becky M quite easily through her social media accounts.

And I am sure her home is plastered floor to ceiling with Bates Duggar pictures.

6 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

"...find people who are totally sold-out for Jesus..." 

i don't think that means what she think it means...unless it means anyone who has a tv show "ministry"....then its the same meaning. 

No I don't think that she has a clue what that means. That was not an instagram post that was a full on rant. 

On 2016-12-27 at 6:56 PM, formergothardite said:

With her husband working for IBLP, I would be surprised if she was working. She might be helping in children's institutes, but that is just basically teaching propaganda to kids. She also could help with whatever the female ALERT is called, but again, that is bits of real medical info combined with lots of propaganda. 

You are correct that Erin uses her degree to teach piano, she is lucky that she has the talent to do a job that is approved by most fundies for married women to do. But Alyssa didn't go to college and doesn't seem to be working with children. She parents, but I wouldn't say I work with special needs children and teens just because I'm parenting them. 

I'm guessing that at this moment most of the Bates are fairly happy with life. They are reality tv stars. The children are getting older so no one is having to stay up at night with babies. Their parents are IBLP stars and by default all the IBLP families are going to treat the Bates kids as being special. Their sex scandal hasn't tainted their wholesome image. They seem to be finding spouses pretty fast. Life is going pretty good for them. 

As far as I know she has worked after her marriage so Brandon must be OK with it to some degree. Perhaps she has stopped now that she is no longer studying but why if she is not pregnant? As far as I understand she worked as a nanny which is usually OK at least before you are married/have children. 

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Becky M has stated that she has never met the Bates (and I believe never the Duggars), & she lives about 10 hours away from the Bates, in Pennsylvania. She is notorious for chasing down anyone in the Bates/Duggar orbits on social media, friending them, and then begging for pictures or "updates" on the lives of the Bates and Duggars.  She still stalks Nathan's ex Ashley, for example, on her Instagram.

You can ID Becky M quite easily through her social media accounts.

And I am sure her home is plastered floor to ceiling with Bates Duggar pictures.

Thanks, @HereticHick. I do identify her easily in comments, but I'm so confused about her motivations. She had the LGBT flag as her profile picture (or whatever it's called) for a long time, but is the most obnoxious and downright scary leghumper ever. I really want to know wtf her deal is, and stay far away ...

15 minutes ago, colors_outside15 said:

Thanks, @HereticHick. I do identify her easily in comments, but I'm so confused about her motivations. She had the LGBT flag as her profile picture (or whatever it's called) for a long time, but is the most obnoxious and downright scary leghumper ever. I really want to know wtf her deal is, and stay far away ...

Me too!  She seems to ID herself as not a Christian fundy--yet obsessed with the fundy lifestyle.  I wonder if there are other "celebs" out there that she obsesses about as well, or if the Duggar-Bates Axis of Fundydom is her one chosen Fantasyland.

3 hours ago, elliha said:

As far as I know she has worked after her marriage so Brandon must be OK with it to some degree

What was her job after she got married? The articles I read said she just continued her studies after marriage. 

Women working outside the home brings them under the authority of someone who is not their husband, which, according to IBLP, causes marriage problems. I can see her doing stuff for IBLP, but I would be surprised if Michael works outside the cult after marriage. 

I keep waiting on them to move out to Texas. I guess they are keeping some people still near the headquarters. 

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

What was her job after she got married? The articles I read said she just continued her studies after marriage. 

Women working outside the home brings them under the authority of someone who is not their husband, which, according to IBLP, causes marriage problems. I can see her doing stuff for IBLP, but I would be surprised if Michael works outside the cult after marriage. 

I keep waiting on them to move out to Texas. I guess they are keeping some people still near the headquarters. 

I seem to remember reading she worked as a nanny. 

Just have to comment here.   I've never actually watched an episode of their show, but I noticed today that there was a marathon on, so I put it on.  It was the episode where Nathan and Ashley are seeking "counseling" from Kelly Jo and Gil.  I couldn't get through it.   Sister Wives is less cringeworthy.  So I offer my thanks to people who can watch the episodes without becoming ill and share here, because I much prefer reading about them. <3

On 12/26/2016 at 0:25 PM, IzzyM said:

Carlin's instagram is public now

It looks like Bobby's Instagram is public too. I am assuming at one time it was private.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived