IGNORED

Counting On Season 2 - Part 5

Buzzard

When I was pregnant, I could not WAIT to hear the heartbeat.  Jessa certainly seems smug that everything is peachy-keen.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MarblesMom said:

When I was pregnant, I could not WAIT to hear the heartbeat.  Jessa certainly seems smug that everything is peachy-keen.

and that is one of the reasons I think this cult is so bad 

"Financially and stuff..." Ugh Jim Bob. You are awful. I cringe every time I see him on here. Creeper. 

Frugal, thrifty; they love these words. 

A questionnaire. Why does this not surprise me? This is absolutely disgusting. 

Ugh more Jim Bob. 

What in the actual hell was in Bin's "financial section" of his questionnaire? Why would anyone put themselves through a freaking questionnaire to date someone?! I hate Jim Boob so much.

I cannot stand the entire questionnaire subject.  It is beyond arrogant and creepy and just affirms - no, seals the deal on the fact that Daddy is way too controlling and involved in his daughters' lives.

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

I cannot stand the entire questionnaire subject.  It is beyond arrogant and creepy and just affirms - no, seals the deal on the fact that Daddy is way too controlling and involved in his daughters' lives.

Definitely. I cannot imagine my Dad giving my boyfriends a big ole final exam. Like how would you ever get a guy to stick around? That's 10 kinds of egotistical and argh. 

41 minutes ago, nst said:

what does this mean - seriously - this can't be good? 

Why is admitting this if this is not good?

I think it probably indicates that she isn't seeking more traditional prenatal care. How many you get and when you get them can vary based off your provider to be honest. There isn't really any standard to follow - you basically get one of it's deemed medically necessary. So for me personally that's meant:

- a transvaginal ultrasound at 5w6d for dating purposes.

- a viability transvaginal ultrasound done around 8 or 9 weeks.

- a Nuchal translucency ultrasound to check for genetic abnormalities around 12 or 13 weeks. 

- anatomy scan right around 20 weeks.

I had a different schedule than most patients due to a prior miscarriage and opting for the genetic testing. Most people will have closer to two or so ultrasounds done.

Jessa had an ultrasound done around 20 weeks or so when they were expecting Spurgeon. I don't think it was done for an actual medical purpose, but just so they could learn the sex. I'd assume she would do the same this time around.

Her lack of hearing the heartbeat during the last episode is more concerning to me to be honest - because I think that really indicates that she isn't getting adequate prenatal care. A Doppler is something that expectant parents can use at home themselves, so I would assume any Midwife she could possibly see would be lire than able to use one. The fact that they hadn't heard it at that point just makes it seem more likely that she isn't getting prenatal care.

Prenatal care is very important. It helps ensure your child is growing and developing properly, while also ensuring the mother is healthy as well. Doctors can screen for genetic abnormalities, as well as observe the mother for complications such as preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, and placenta previa. They also use it to monitor the baby for signs of distress.

Information on ultrasounds: http://americanpregnancy.org/prenatal-testing/ultrasound/

27 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Yes, prenatal care is very important.  They don't do it because....?

I'm thinking that the reasons vary based off which sister you're talking about.

Jill saw a Midwife during her pregnancy, so she did get some care. I'm thinking she chose that route because it's what she studied and felt comfortable with. She's always had a hippie kind of vibe to her, so going natural would make sense for her.

For Jessa, the concern could be linked to money. I doubt she's getting adequate care at all. Or just a general tone of thinking she has God's favor, so nothing bad will happen.

And I think both of them have the mentality that everything is part of God's plan, so there's no point in screening for genetic abnormalities or anything. 

16 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I first heard my baby's heartbeat during an ultrasound at 5w6d. I burst into hysterical tears because I was so relieved the baby was ok. Our first pregnancy had ended in miscarriage almost three months before that. Our daughter's heartbeat that day is still the single most beautiful sound I've ever heard. 

Counting on - Jinger's cartoonish reaction to BABE - part 3

Jinger is asked if its strange because she's a "couple" but is alone

JInger - its exciting but I cant believe I'm here

Jill and Derick - It was neat becasue as you are pursuimg christ you look around to see who has the same principals... blah blah

Jeremy walks in and says "hey babe."  Jinger awkwardly doesnt look back as he walks in.  She coos "I'm so happy."  He sits on the couch next to her. (Jana and Joy are not there). THey hold hands.

Clip of the courtship request

She watches with her head durned.  Jeremy kind of looks on awkwardly.

Jill asks what was going through her mind

Jinger - I was thinking about how I desired to take that step foward. We were super ready for that and every time he would come I would enjoy getting to know him more and I was ready. Its been a joy

Enlow - do you rememebr the moment

Jill - it was like FINALLY

Derick - its a purpose of marriage

clip of boob talking about him not having enough money for jinger's thrift habits

They laugh

Jeremy - I havent answered his question yet.  I think he thought he'd put me on the spot. Jinger loves to shop but its 75 percent off

Jessa - she's going to give up shopping when she gets married

Jeremy - we have similar fashion sense. I enjoy when she gets me a shirt.  I like it

Jessa - she's frugal so youre safe

Jeremy asks if boob grilled the other guys

Derick - its on the 45 page application.

They all discuss the 30 page questionnaire. It was returned at 105 pages. 

Bin - he wanted to do it in the future and he would have the guys do it in the future.

Jeremy - i got it at the front end. The major question was how you came to the lord.

Jessa 0 I think its pretty thorough. Derick and ben sent it back secion by section, especiaally the finance section.

Clip of them ring shopping

Bin - were you going to look at rings or did you want to buy one?

Jeremy - I had no intention of buying it. I was talking to boob about a time frame. Boob asked for my time frame, I thought at NY... as it came out of my mouth he said it was a good idea.

Enlow - wjat was your strategy?

Jeremy - Jessa told me the size and I rememebred it and put that in my mind. I told jessa and she said she wasnt sure of her size. I had to go get my ring resized to see if it was right.

Jinger holds up her ring

Jeremy - Simple, elegant, just like you.

Jinger - I had no clue he was in town and when he showed up I was shocked.

Clip of jeremy delivering her food at the taco shop.

Jinger looks and laughs at jeremy

Jinger says "he ate my taco" and laughs.  OH JINGER!

Bin explains that he just had to take a bite of the taco

JInger - jeremy is really good at surprising me.

Jessa - I enjoy a good surprise. I try not to meddle too much

Derick - Jill is really good detective.  You have to know what your girl likes.

Jessa - her first reaction is being mad that she didnt know.

Enlow - both of these couples had kids at their first year...

Jeremy - we will look to the lord

Bin - expecting by the end of the year

Jinger - (outside) I cant believe he did it again. 

Jeremy - I dont know how we'll do it in the future

jinger - our wedding is just weeks away.

Their wedding as a few weeks away when this was filmed. Hmmm does that mean it's this weekend? 

Who called the 29th? I know there were predictions made somewhere on FJ.....

So Jeremy is the surprise? Even most people here figured it would at least be Sierra or Amy. How we keep overestimating TLC. They need to look up the meaning of 'surprise' in a dictionary.

(If there is another surprise after all I take my words back. Even now I find it hard to believe it is Jeremy.)

Jimbo eating that muffin just makes me think of an old cranky cat who hasn't been fixed so they piss all over everything to mark their territory. 

The evil kind of cat, not the adorable, cuddly, not plotting to kill you in your sleep kind.

"The goal is to honour the lord..." My eyes are going to end up permanently stuck in the back of my head. I hope the wind doesn't change. 

Jeremy is acting so high and mighty. I don't believe that you were so worldy and haven't been with a lady. Bull to the shit! 

2 minutes ago, nst said:

keeping an undefiled marriage bed 

can this be the new heading 

Is that what he mumbled? Oh lordy better than I thought! :D Please! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived