IGNORED

Counting On Season 2 - Part 5

Buzzard

Jeremy is so nauseating and Jinge is as well - Derick is at least funny 

Jessa you can't adopt until January 2018 - so unless a humper gives them one 

obviously she doesn't know what the baby is if she has not been to a doctor or a someone 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben don't pretend that Jessa tells you anything. And they are totally either pregnant or trying to get pregnant so they don't have to go back to Central America. 

Jinger is ready to RUN to Laredo. Good for her and I hope it works out. 

ETA: no baebeez for jerrick.

Counting on - dragging this out another 15 minutes - part 4

So the wedding episode is in 3 weeks.  There is 2 weeks of filler... so TLC thought it would have been earlier and they have to fill space...

The three men are alone on the couch.  They're shown clips of jeremy asking boob for permission to court

Jeremy - I just wanted to talk to him but he gets this big muffin and he;s chowing down. I was confident that he wanted us to move foward but there is this feeling in the pit of your stomach what if he says no

Bin - I know what he was feeling as he was trying to get the words out

Berick - you should be nervious around a girls father.  Do you think it was scarier asking boob or the girl?

Clip of JInger talking about their rules.

Enlow - how did you establish standard with the girl

Derick - we tied to establish ourselves and go to our standards

Bin - we knew our relationship may be longer and it was better to err on the side of caution. So we drew the line at holding hands

Jeremy - we are both very affectionate. We have a clean conciseness so long as it doesnt lead us to impurity. The goal is to honor the lord and keep the marriage bed undefiled.

The whole crowd is back, including izzy and spurge.  

A clip of Jill coming back at the airport

Jill - I missed out on some big moments but we coud video chat. Its great to have the baby cousins back together.

Jessa - its so cute how they share toys

Clip of the engagement - rainbow...

JInger looks on lovingly at jeremy

Jessa has  BEC look

They laugh when she says yes

Jeremy - when she said yes it was just a few seconds but it felt like an eternity

They say they love eachother

JInger cries

Jessa -  I still get teary when I watch our engagemetn

Jinger - I was so overwhelmed with joy. It was an answered prayer.  I'm so greatful

Enlow - will you get moved to laredo?

Jinger - yes, I want to move before the wedding

Enlow - are you looking forward to labor, jessa

Jessa - You dont look foward to it, but after that, theres nothing like that in the world. We have our hands full right now but we would love to add to our family soon (adoption)

Jinger - will you see if its a boy or a girl?

Jessa - we dont know

Bin - we want to find out but we may not tell. We'll hang you in suspense

Enlow 0 jill, if you get pregnant will it change?

Derick - blah blah - we can make plans but got will direct steps

Enlow - are you trying?

Jill - i took tests

Jana - I bought an old building, its a tattoo parlor and we'll renovate it.  Its on hold because we have other projects and weddings. We'll do that over the winter.

Jessa - its hard when your family is your work crew

Joy - I'm not going t college but I'm doing online bible classes and helping out aroudn the house.

Jessa - there are exciting things coming in due time.  You'll find out in the months to come.

That was painful. Thanks Buzzard, as always! Really disappointed that Joy didn't announce any actual plans to ACTUALLY do something with her life. She doesn't have to go to college, but geez, online Bible "classes" and helping around the house? Ugh.

18 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I think it probably indicates that she isn't seeking more traditional prenatal care. How many you get and when you get them can vary based off your provider to be honest. There isn't really any standard to follow - you basically get one of it's deemed medically necessary. So for me personally that's meant:

- a transvaginal ultrasound at 5w6d for dating purposes.

- a viability transvaginal ultrasound done around 8 or 9 weeks.

- a Nuchal translucency ultrasound to check for genetic abnormalities around 12 or 13 weeks. 

- anatomy scan right around 20 weeks.

I had a different schedule than most patients due to a prior miscarriage and opting for the genetic testing. Most people will have closer to two or so ultrasounds done.

Jessa had an ultrasound done around 20 weeks or so when they were expecting Spurgeon. I don't think it was done for an actual medical purpose, but just so they could learn the sex. I'd assume she would do the same this time around.

Her lack of hearing the heartbeat during the last episode is more concerning to me to be honest - because I think that really indicates that she isn't getting adequate prenatal care. A Doppler is something that expectant parents can use at home themselves, so I would assume any Midwife she could possibly see would be lire than able to use one. The fact that they hadn't heard it at that point just makes it seem more likely that she isn't getting prenatal care.

Prenatal care is very important. It helps ensure your child is growing and developing properly, while also ensuring the mother is healthy as well. Doctors can screen for genetic abnormalities, as well as observe the mother for complications such as preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, and placenta previa. They also use it to monitor the baby for signs of distress.

Information on ultrasounds: http://americanpregnancy.org/prenatal-testing/ultrasound/

I'm thinking that the reasons vary based off which sister you're talking about.

Jill saw a Midwife during her pregnancy, so she did get some care. I'm thinking she chose that route because it's what she studied and felt comfortable with. She's always had a hippie kind of vibe to her, so going natural would make sense for her.

For Jessa, the concern could be linked to money. I doubt she's getting adequate care at all. Or just a general tone of thinking she has God's favor, so nothing bad will happen.

And I think both of them have the mentality that everything is part of God's plan, so there's no point in screening for genetic abnormalities or anything. 

I first heard my baby's heartbeat during an ultrasound at 5w6d. I burst into hysterical tears because I was so relieved the baby was ok. Our first pregnancy had ended in miscarriage almost three months before that. Our daughter's heartbeat that day is still the single most beautiful sound I've ever heard. 

I have no problem with parents who want home birth or free birth or no prenatal care.  In light of the fact the Duggars would never abort, they don't need to know if there are genetic abnormalities, because that knowledge is useless.  They are going to have the baby anyway.  I think prenatal care is TOTALLY overrated.  It's just something the western world in 2016 thinks is necessary when no one ever had it for milennia and most of the world doesn't get it now.  They believe if the baby dies, it's god's will.  If it's born healthy, it's god's will.  If it's born disabled, it's god's will. If it's born at 39-40-41 seeks, it's all god's will.

My friends who had home-free births were not even fundy, they were atheist burners (burning man folks) and just because you think prenatal scans are necessary doesn't mean it is.

Derick didn't directly answer the question about returning to ScaryMurica if Jilly was pregnant....diid he.....he did some clever blah blah about TheLord....but didn't answer directly.

Anyone get another result from his answer?

Just now, 2manyKidzzz said:

Derick didn't directly answer the question about returning to ScaryMurica if Jilly was pregnant....diid he.....he did some clever blah blah about TheLord....but didn't answer directly.

I think I heard him it depends if she gets pregnant but I also heard they wouldn't so I don't know 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

It sounded to me like plans would change if she was pregnant. I'm not 100% because the god stuff made me clue out and it was gibberish but what I heard sounded like yes. 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Yeah, that was a jumble of jesuspeak... It does sound like if the "lord" ordered a bun in the oven they'd stay because he wanted them to.

Just now, nst said:

I think I heard him it depends if she gets pregnant but I also heard they wouldn't so I don't know 

Yes, I thought he cleverly disguised a clear no answer. That is what I thought. They can't go back with Zika in season. I would hope.

I think it is Derick who wants to be a permanent missionary in SCA. Jill.....not to me. Too many shower curtains. 

2 minutes ago, montyollie said:

I think prenatal care is TOTALLY overrated.  It's just something the western world in 2016 thinks is necessary when no one ever had it for milennia and most of the world doesn't get it now. 

Uh you do realize low maternal mortality rates are a VERY recent thing right?

3 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Yes, I thought he cleverly disguised a clear no answer. That is what I thought. They can't go back with Zika in season. I would hope.

I think it is Derick who wants to be a permanent missionary in SCA. Jill.....not to me. Too many shower curtains. 

Post count proposals:

Hiding from a shower curtain

Crying about a shower curtain

Pray for me, the shower curtain fell

3 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Part of me wishes that Jill gets pregnant just so they won't have to return to Central America.  

Yeah because then we wouldn't have to hear about how scary it is there next season. :P 

8 minutes ago, montyollie said:

I have no problem with parents who want home birth or free birth or no prenatal care.  In light of the fact the Duggars would never abort, they don't need to know if there are genetic abnormalities, because that knowledge is useless.  They are going to have the baby anyway.  I think prenatal care is TOTALLY overrated.  It's just something the western world in 2016 thinks is necessary when no one ever had it for milennia and most of the world doesn't get it now.  They believe if the baby dies, it's god's will.  If it's born healthy, it's god's will.  If it's born disabled, it's god's will. If it's born at 39-40-41 seeks, it's all god's will.

My friends who had home-free births were not even fundy, they were atheist burners (burning man folks) and just because you think prenatal scans are necessary doesn't mean it is.

WTF did I just read?  Sooo, it's OK to skip preventative medical care that could save the life of mother or child because, well, because, that's how they used to do it in the olden days??   And because god?

1 hour ago, Yaoichan12 said:

17 Weeks and no ultrasound yet?

She's 23 she has no NEED for an u/s. I didn't have an u/s with my 2nd kid until I was 31 weeks because my insurance didn't call for one. The only reason I had one at 31 weeks was because I started bleeding.  if a doctor suspects twins an u/s can be ordered to confirm.  US aren't really necessary in a normal healthy pregnancy when the mom is in good health and of "good child bearing age" Like Jessa is. 

Now not having been to a doctor is a concern and down right stupid. But not having an u/s isn't a big deal. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Post count proposals:

Hiding from a shower curtain

Crying about a shower curtain

Pray for me, the shower curtain fell

We have a thread for proposing post count titles so we aren't dependent upon my happening upon them.  Which one do you prefer? 

5 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Feel a little cheated, right?

You could tell it was going to be Jeremy from Jinger's expression in the promos.  TLC drops anvils.

3 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

We have a thread for proposing post count titles so we aren't dependent upon my happening upon them.  Which one do you prefer? 

You could tell it was going to be Jeremy from Jinger's expression in the promos.  TLC drops anvils.

I like hiding from the shower curtain myself! 

11 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She's 23 she has no NEED for an u/s. I didn't have an u/s with my 2nd kid until I was 31 weeks because my insurance didn't call for one. The only reason I had one at 31 weeks was because I started bleeding.  if a doctor suspects twins an u/s can be ordered to confirm.  US aren't really necessary in a normal healthy pregnancy when the mom is in good health and of "good child bearing age" Like Jessa is. 

Now not having been to a doctor is a concern and down right stupid. But not having an u/s isn't a big deal. 

I think part of the concern is because those ultrasounds they get are pretty much the only time they have any kind of legitimate prenatal care. It would be different if they saw an actual nurse midwife (or *gasp* a doctor!) but of course they won't because Jesus.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived