IGNORED

Counting On Season 2 - Part 5

Buzzard

4 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I just watched the final episode, um, Jinger looked scared the whole way through. I think I said it like 12 times before but: I am worried for her!

And although she might know on a theoretical level what is about to happen to her (intimicy, pregnancy, child after child after child....) I don't think she really grasped the consequences of this for HER as an individual. Her spirit and soul might not be ready for this.

And is it just me or is Jessa completely passive aggressive towards Jinger? "Bring out the tissues, the Mascara starts to run" or "you gotta watch your waistline, gotta fit into that dress", and the look in her eyes when Jinger got engaged. She seems soooo passive aggressive. Towards Jana, too, with the decoration incident. The only person she should be passive agressive to are Jill and Jb, imho, because Jill got the great mansion twice, but isn't even pregnant with her second child. THAT would be a reason for me to be jealous and passive aggressive, not my sister decorating a house and my other sister getting married. Jessa seems to channel her frustrations towards the wrong people.

This is so brilliant because this is what I have been trying to say.  Jinge is only doing this because she has to in a sense.   She has no idea outside her family.   I truly don't think she has grasped her future or what that means.  

And Yes JESSA is so passive aggressive it's not even funny the way she treats Ben and Jinge, Jinge so much more aggressively, while Jinge sits there crying and will do so again at the wedding, the rehearsal what will Jessa do she will make fun of her.  That is not what Jinge needs.... Where is jessa's thoughtfulness, no where and that is the problem with the girls, they are trained to do these things... now jessa and Jill were somewhat prepared emotionally to get married while Jinge is just not ready. 

Instead of getting her frustrations out on her parents she is hurting others that don't need more 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

@VelociRaptureThe difference as I see it is, altho you married your first boyfriend, you weren't "on the fast track". You had years to get to know him in every sense. I have no doubt you discussed all the important things in life and came to compromises, agreements etc. for your future life together. I too have confidence that your marriage will stay happy and healthy as you are not the lesser person in your relationship, bending to your husbands every whim, but an equal partner in the marriage.

ETA: I also suspect that you had observed many other relationships and got a sense of how you wanted your life to look. What you definitely did not want as well as what you did want. The Duggar kids only see other "fast track" marriages and no one dares to admit that life is not perfect.

:pb_lol:

I actually agree with you completely. Massive differences between the two situations. Sorry for any confusion!

I do feel badly for all the Duggar spawn. To a certain extent. They aren't offered many options and they're kept limited enough educationally that critical thinking isn't exactly a strong suit. By the time they may actually develop that skill it's a bit too late - they're already married with kids and don't have the experience necessary to make changes easily. I think it's relatively natural to feel drawn towards what you know when that's the case - so, for the Duggars, that means emulating their parents' and siblings' relationships.

Josh (and Anna too) especially was given a shit deal. Instead of seeking legitimate professional help for him or offering him a proper education they married him to the first naive 20 year-old virgin they could find and decided that was all he needed to turn his life around - completely ignoring the reasons why he made the choices he did and why he would have committed such horrific acts. 

4 hours ago, Purrl said:

I waited to read this thread until I'd watched the show because I didn't want to know ahead of time who the "special surprise guest" would be. I watched until the end of the show, still expecting a surprise, before I finally realized it was Jeremy.... Really??

Also, that look on Jinger's face when Derrick suggested she'd be pregnant by the end of the year. LOL. She looked queasy and scared and like she was about to faint, all at the same time.

Finding out you'll be responsible for a tiny defenseless person is terrifying, but I'm guessing the thought may be especially terrifying for a seriously sheltered  and (possibly) emotionally stunted/damaged virgin who has never even been allowed to have private conversations with her fiancé.

Yeah, it's what she's allegedly been raised for, but that doesn't mean she's ready for this type of intimacy or responsibility at all. I mean, I'm pretty certain husband and I have looked sick and terrified a few times since learning I was pregnant - and we're both 28 year-old, married, college graduates. If we're nervous at the thought then I can only imagine what Jinger may be feeling or what Jessa or Jill may have secretly felt.

On 10/24/2016 at 11:15 AM, Buzzard said:

HER KNEES!

I think its really funny how J'chelle made such a big deal out of TLC blurring out her knees in the waterskiing episode while pretty much all the girls are baring their sincaps proudly.

Knees are so ugly and not sexy I never understood that waterskiing false modesty. Nobody was looking at Mechelle's stupid knees anyway! They kill me with this sexualizing of every part of the human body instead of celebrating it for the magnificent creation that it is, since they are supposed to be believers. Ugh.

Pickles has suggested that JB's questionnaires may be a sign of a health issue like dementia.......... or possibly being a control freak.

Yeah, I'm going to put my money on the latter.

10 minutes ago, SunnySideUp said:

Pickles has suggested that JB's questionnaires may be a sign of a health issue like dementia.......... or possibly being a control freak.

Yeah, I'm going to put my money on the latter.

Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if this questionnaire shows up for sale in the near future.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if this questionnaire shows up for sale in the near future.

Yep.

We all know that above all else, JB worships at the altar of $$$$$$$$.

Ultra sound would be important for Jessa to determine the placement and health of the placenta--at some point in the pregnancy.  I hope she's getting some pre-natal care.  We don't know that she isn't.

Two possibilities:  

1).Insurance...have we ever figured out what they do about insurance?  Are they enrolled in the marketplace?  US are expensive without insurance.

2).  Jessa is a big fat liar who lies;  she probably thinks that saying she hasn't heard the heartbeat and/ or hasn't had an US makes her some type of crunchy, trust in Jeebus, earth mother who can conceive and pop out  babies (FU Jana and Jill).  We only have her word.

2b  Jessa is a control freak, we know this.  They didn't share the gender last time, they didn't "show their first kiss", she likely has done all of this and just doesn't want to share because FU to everyone, she's Jessa and doesn't have to.   She takes control of the few things she can control in her life.  

3 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

The very idea of the questionnaire scares the crap out of me.

Very, very controlling for a parent to feel the need to vet people to that extreme.

Plus, what exactly is the point if Bin passed anyway?

Exactly.

If an unemployed, uneducated teenager makes the cut, your standards are way too low and the tool (both the questionnaire and the control freak) is rather useless.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived