IGNORED

Counting On Season 2 - Part 5

Buzzard

6 minutes ago, nst said:

it is 

moving on 

they think they are normal 

they are all insane

Completely bonkers and not in the Alice in Wonderland "We're all a little mad here" way either. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew they were a biblethumping freakshow the first time I read about Jim Bob running for US Senate, in 2002. That was about 4 years before the 1st special aired.  Roll Call (a newspaper that covers the US Congress) had this picture or similar. I remember my colleagues laughing about it:

Duggar-Family.jpg

My special guest guesses (in order) are:
Famy
Jeremy
The Kid they're fostering (would that even be legal though?)

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I knew they were a biblethumping freakshow the first time I read about Jim Bob running for US Senate, in 2002. That was about 4 years before the 1st special aired.  Roll Call (a newspaper that covers the US Congress) had this picture or similar. I remember my colleagues laughing about it:

Duggar-Family.jpg

The weird thing is that a lot of them have not changed very much. I can pick out who is who pretty easily. 

First time I remember hearing about them was during the media coverage regarding Jubilee. I remember thinking it was so odd they'd have that many kids and wondered how the fuck they were able to care for them all - but I felt badly they had lost a baby and that people were criticizing them for taking those remembrance photos after she was born. 

But I didn't actually get interested in them until Jill married. I remember doing a double take while reading an article because it stated they had been together a total of only six months or something - which seemed crazy to me because husband and I had been together for almost seven years and engaged for 1.5 at that point.

(No offense intended! I was shocked mostly because they mentioned some of the super strict courtship rules in addition to the short time frame. Seemed insane to me.)

So I googled a bit and stumbled across a mention of this site somewhere. Then I googled this site and the rest is history.

It can't be Jeremy! He's been featured more prominently in this season than most of the Duggar kids. That would be like the guest star being Jana or Joy. It kind of negates all "guest" qualifications, because he's a show regular.

That being said, TLC is horrific and thinks that this drivel is entertaining, so maybe they would stoop low enough to tease a boring show regular as a special guest? I think (hope) it's someone else, though. I don't think they have the balls to bring back Josh, as much as I would love to see him flounder in guilt... but I'm equally happy not seeing his smug face on TV.

Man, this is a slow show. I'm beginning to wonder about my own normal life, my mortality, life's curves and what is wrong with me following this dull and insipid show. 

Maybe the surprise guest will be sassy Gramma Vuolo making a cameo appearance with a new and improved gnocchi recipe to override the tater-tot main for the wedding episode.

32 minutes ago, NorthFace said:

Man, this is a slow show. I'm beginning to wonder about my own normal life, my mortality, life's curves and what is wrong with me following this dull and insipid show. 

Maybe the surprise guest will be sassy Gramma Vuolo making a cameo appearance with a new and improved gnocchi recipe to override the tater-tot main for the wedding episode.

An all pasta reception would be amazing. But you can't really serve that in a parking lot? 

I knew it was fake when they went to Goodwill and found clothes and shoes for all the kids, even the boys. My grandson is the same age as Jackson, and I could go to every thrift store in town and not find a pair of pants without holes. That's just boys of a certain age. So yeah, fake, fake, fake. Then I discovered FJ and learned about their scary cult. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

An all pasta reception would be amazing. But you can't really serve that in a parking lot? 

Oh hell yes, you can. If you can serve ice cream sundaes in a parking lot in blustery November, I think you can serve pasta too...year round. Pasta salads or Primavera in the dog days of summer and something more rustic in cooler weather!

16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Oh hell yes, you can. If you can serve ice cream sundaes in a parking lot in blustery November, I think you can serve pasta too...year round. Pasta salads or Primavera in the dog days of summer and something more rustic in cooler weather!

Just thinking about pasta, made me want pasta. I had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner! :P 

OK, what the ever loving hell is TLC up to?  Next week is an hour long recap of Jill and "Jenna's" weddings.  Was there supposed to be a Jinger wedding in this season and it didnt happen, resulting in the need for filler??? This week, the "singles ad" for the boys, and now a recap episode could have easily been a dress shopping, bachelorette party, and wedding... I have a sinking feeling this bullshit has already been renewed.

Photo Oct 25, 7 39 03 PM.jpg

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

OK, what the ever loving hell is TLC up to?  Next week is an hour long recap of Jill and "Jenna's" weddings.  Was there supposed to be a Jinger wedding in this season and it didnt happen, resulting in the need for filler??? This week, the "singles ad" for the boys, and now a recap episode could have easily been a dress shopping, bachelorette party, and wedding... I have a sinking feeling this bullshit has already been renewed.

Photo Oct 25, 7 39 03 PM.jpg

I don't think the season 2 is over yet or is it?

Just now, sunshine said:

I don't think the season 2 is over yet or is it?

Tonight is the "after show" - aka recaps.  So, they're pretty much feeding us 2 weeks of bullshit to fill time.  Either something was supposed to have happened and didnt, a show isnt ready, or they decided to save some episodes for the future.

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Tonight is the "after show" - aka recaps.  So, they're pretty much feeding us 2 weeks of bullshit to fill time.  Either something was supposed to have happened and didnt, a show isnt ready, or they decided to save some episodes for the future.

they did the same thing when Josh had has fake trip to Gettysburg 

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Didn't they do the recap of the weddings last season? 

Tennessee looks awful like the fridge dented house 

Ok - 17 weeks and no ultrasound 

Mother's is this possible ? 

does this mean no doctor's appointments and just midwives are helping her 

1 minute ago, Yaoichan12 said:

17 Weeks and no ultrasound yet?

what does this mean - seriously - this can't be good? 

Why is admitting this if this is not good?

Just now, nst said:

what does this mean - seriously - this can't be good? 

Why is admitting this if this is not good?

She should've at least had one to check how the baby is growing and to make sure she is 17 weeks along. 

Just now, Yaoichan12 said:

She should've at least had one to check how the baby is growing and to make sure she is 17 weeks along. 

i hate her cavalier attitude and admit it to the world 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived