IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 4

samurai_sarah

37 minutes ago, season of life said:

I mean, it does depend on who the groom is closer to. I don't know Jeremy's bond with his brother, but I don't like Ben, so I want the brother to be the best man.

I don't know their bond either but it's the right thing for his brother to be the best man. 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JMO said:

I'm on board for this coming weekend as well.  I've thought since the engagement that would be the wedding.  But Maaaaybe the 22nd. I can't see them waiting any longer. 

Oh, I hope it's not the 22nd. That's my aunt and uncle's ruby wedding, and, besides not wanting them to share an anniversary with JinJer, I'll be busy all weekend and won't be able to keep up with the snark :P

I know that Jessa and Jinger had that Tacos4Life conversation about how cool it was that they were best friends and that their guys were best friends.  But does anyone really get the impression that Ben and Jeremy are best friends?  Friends maybe, but best friends I doubt.  I would hope to see some soccer or college buddies show up to the wedding or even be part of the wedding party.  Or maybe even some female college or soccer friends. Can fundie men have friends that are women? Also I picture Ben awkwardly trying to be cool in front of Jeremy's older, more worldly friends.  

I'm going to guess the 22nd for JinJer's wedding. That's because I'm going to be out of town at a charity gala that night and busy with the accompanying activities all day.  Also, big Duggar stuff seems to go down when I'm away from home and unable to check in until late in the day, if at all. 

If it doesn't happen on the 22nd, it'll happen on the 29th, because I will still be out of town for a NASCAR race.

You may thank me later.  :pb_lol:

15 hours ago, marmalade said:

I've had October 15th circled since they announced the engagement. Ten weeks seems to be the norm for Duggar engagements (Jessa's was 10, Jill's might have been 11), and all that "fast track" talk has done nothing to change my mind. No way this goes into November since that takes all the attention away from Jessa's anniversary on the 1st, her birthday on the 4th, and Spurge's 1st birthday on the 5th. They aren't going to overlap milestone days until they're down to the Lost Girls and they've run out of open dates. 

eta: This pretty much means that JinJer have to wrap this all up by 10/29. That puts their engagement at 3 months, 4 days. Is that too long? :562479558b1bf_32(11):

I hope you're right. Can't stand any more of it. I wish they'd just skip the next weeding and show the newlyweds moving into their home or something--they've done the big wedding, they've done honeymoon, we've had a toilet birth. How about we just show something "real" for a change? I hope Jennifer is maid of honor. No one remembers she exists.

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

I don't know their bond either but it's the right thing for his brother to be the best man. 

Hi new member, sorry if I do this wrong/this was already mentioned

I bet Bin gets ordained and marries them. Or is he already ordained? I've lost track.

17 minutes ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

Hi new member, sorry if I do this wrong/this was already mentioned

I bet Bin gets ordained and marries them. Or is he already ordained? I've lost track.

Welcome!

Ben is not ordained. He holds an Associate's degree from a Community College and is working on an online program through the Moody Institute - we believe it's a Bachelor's program related to becoming a Pastor.

I don't believe Ben will be officiating their wedding. Maybe when some of the younger Duggar kids get married he will. 

Just now, VelociRapture said:

Welcome!

Ben is not ordained. He holds an Associate's degree from a Community College and is working on an online program through the Moody Institute - we believe it's a Bachelor's program related to becoming a Pastor.

I don't believe Ben will be officiating their wedding. Maybe when some of the younger Duggar kids get married he will. 

My question is will TLC throw him in a quick online program just so he can marry them? I know in Pennsylvania people can get certified online for a small fee. Doesn't seem "holy" enough for Duggar standards but I get the impression TLC is now running the show.

4 hours ago, season of life said:

I mean, it does depend on who the groom is closer to. I don't know Jeremy's bond with his brother, but I don't like Ben, so I want the brother to be the best man.

I have got 2 friends that I've had since grade school we are all in our 40's now and when we married we all had our sisters as our MOH, we each have one, 1 of the friends isn't particularly close with her sister but picked her because she had to. It also saved hurt feelings over who would be MOH between us, family always beats out the friends. in these cases and no one should be upset by it.  At least IMO. 

15 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I have got 2 friends that I've had since grade school we are all in our 40's now and when we married we all had our sisters as our MOH, we each have one, 1 of the friends isn't particularly close with her sister but picked her because she had to. It also saved hurt feelings over who would be MOH between us, family always beats out the friends. in these cases and no one should be upset by it.  At least IMO. 

I feel the same way. That was my problem with the guy I dated. He felt because he was closer to his friend then the brother was he should have been the best man. 

48 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Flame should be the best man!

I just caught up on the show. I do have to say Jeremy and Jinger seem quite taken with each toher, who knows if it will last.

I do think they'd front hug if they were left alone scandalous!

1 minute ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Flame should be the best man!

Bin's poor widdle feelings would be crushed!

16 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

Bin's poor widdle feelings would be crushed!

Good. His tears sustain me. :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Good. His tears sustain me. :pb_lol:

LOL!  

He's nasal-y enough as it is.  Imagine him when he cries.  

I've been following the Duggars since they first started. Mostly cuz I like watching extreme behavior, I'm the person that watched My 600 LB Life, Hoarders, FLDS stuff but I think I missed something. Since when have the Duggars liked football so much? I've never seen them talk about sports unless it's their made up unorganized sports.

5 hours ago, freshlemonade said:

I know that Jessa and Jinger had that Tacos4Life conversation about how cool it was that they were best friends and that their guys were best friends.  But does anyone really get the impression that Ben and Jeremy are best friends?  Friends maybe, but best friends I doubt.  I would hope to see some soccer or college buddies show up to the wedding or even be part of the wedding party.  Or maybe even some female college or soccer friends. Can fundie men have friends that are women? Also I picture Ben awkwardly trying to be cool in front of Jeremy's older, more worldly friends.  

I believe that IBLP members are discouraged from having close opposite gender friends because of temptation and pieces of your heart or whatever. I know this to be the case with other kinds of fundies (I have lost several friends to this nonsense).

On 10/5/2016 at 11:56 AM, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

Way too many JB & DQ appearances for my taste this season. Whyyyyyyy? I especially loathe JimBoob and have developed a conditioned response to the sound of his voice. It's kind of the same reaction I get when the fire alarm goes off...

I KNOW. I think TLC gets that nobody likes them anymore and only features them in negative light, like the whole "Get a second job so my daughter can go to Goodwill and yardsales" fiasco. 

On 10/5/2016 at 1:12 PM, Swamptribe said:

"I have to say. I think John-David would be a great husband. He's hard work, kind and resourceful. "

I don't get why people keep stating this?  Exactly what does he do other than screw around?  He is lazy, as are all the Duggar boys (what ever happened to that one going to college, they ever mentioned that?).  No wonder they can't find wives. 

He sits around and plays with all of daddy's "toys" I.E. heavy equipment and lives on his sister's cooking/cleaning for him. He's a lazy hick.

I'm a bit late to the party, but I just wanted to add a little to the conversation like two pages ago. I think context and intent is everything when it comes to calling someone something, or saying something- as well as who is saying it. I don't usually something gay as an insult, but my sister lovingly calls me "faggot" as a nickname. I am straight, and she is not. Most people I know who use "gay" and "faggot" regularly are, in fact, gay or bisexual. So I will occasionally use it around them, because I know it's an acceptable insult within that group of people, and nobody is offended by it. I think the people that the insult was originally directed at have the final say when it comes to being offensive to them or not. I can certainly see why it would make people uncomfortable, but that's why I monitor my language carefully and make sure I know everyone's boundaries. 

As for the Duggars, I have no doubt that Jessa will be Jinger's MOH. They're besties. And with that many sisters, it's almost as difficult as choosing which of your friends to be in your wedding- someone's going to be left out, no matter what. I wonder if Jill will have a massive amount of bridesmaids- I get the feeling she might not, especially since Jeremy doesn't have a lot of siblings. Then again, that didn't stop Jill. I dunno.

On 10/5/2016 at 1:28 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

I call Mister J's parents by their first names. That's how they introduced themselves to me, so that's how they get called.

I can't help but lol at the idea of the duggar boys being whored out for courting. Did they all fail at approaching some other girls' father or something?

More like girls run and hide because they're not exactly hot and let's be serious Josh Duggar didn't help their chances. Marjorie split real quick after that news broke.

On 10/5/2016 at 9:25 PM, DaysAgo said:

The Duggar males refer to their future (adult) women spouses as "girls." Referring to women as girls is sexist, patronizing, and an attempt to make women smaller--to infantilize them. Would someone please tell the Duggar males to refer to adult women as women and not girls? 

And men referring to other women as girls has sexual overtones--rape, incest, etc... Given the Duggar family's issues with molestation in the home, I would hope that they would immediately change their language.

Would Jesus refer to women as girls?

I think it's more the issue that "women" is too "sexy" for them. "Girls" has "innocent" undertones to it in fundie speak. And let's be serious they're all grown man children anyway! 

On 10/5/2016 at 9:31 PM, Gillyweed said:

Maybe she's actually having twins or triplets or something

That scene of whatever episode where she said "She has to be on a diet to fit in her little dress." UGH. Her tone of voice, her attempt at a joke...something IS horribly horribly wrong lately.

On 10/6/2016 at 1:21 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Ugh--vaccuuming or a root canal sound more fun than this episode.

On John-David: He's gotten OUT. Not just on the family trips but even a small town cop will see some stuff to make you question what you've been taught. He's got a house with no mortgage. Can drive anything that moves. He'll make it in life.

Joe: I see another Gothard Mission trip or 5 in his future trying to find a wife.

Josiah: Tainted.  Let's hope what's her name reconsiders.

Jer/Jed...um...what business? Daddy & Grandma's rentals? Do they have some micro business selling hunting knives on Ebay or something?

Jason....well, maybe they didn't get all the way down to hi.

J'finger just wants ACTION. Needs a cold shower. Jeremy...not so much.

Josh/Anna--Her parents needed to cut the grocery bill and Joshie came calling. Remember their horrific proposal scene. She said "IS that...Joshua?" Like Charles and Diana--afterwards it was crystal clear.  JB will probably make Josh work for cash so if they ever divorce Anna won't ever collect child support.

Why do the couples all call each other "Babe?" (I hate that--sorry if you like it)? No "Sweetie" or "honey" or "pumpkin" or "dickhead" or whatever said affectionately??? Babe.  I only like it when Ranger says in in the Stephanie Plum books.

Please  tell me the rumors of an Amy show are just rumors. But it IS weird that Grandma isn't ever seen now.

OH YEAH Stephanie Plum fan spotted!! I agree Babe is dumb. I call my husband honey...don't know why. I should do Pumpkin since he has red hair...and dickhead fits occasionally LOL

Regarding sisters over friends for bridesmaids, if I ever get married, my plan is the polar opposite. Between Mr Mr and myself we have 2 sisters, 3 half sisters , 1 stepsister, 1 sister-in-law and 2 serious girlfriends. Plus a few cousins I'm very close to. The brothers are a similar picture/mess.

One of them started demanding to be a bridesmaid once she realised how serious we are as a couple. I told her that if the time comes, I will not have any of them as I wouldn't want to choose, we are all going to be in each others lives no matter what and I'd like to offer that "honour/option" to a few select girlfriends. Was fun seeing her try to not be a bitch about it (she is the only one I'm not very fond of!) 

No wonder Mr Mr doesn't want to get married! lol

If I get called anything other than my nickname that everyone uses, I know I done something really stupid like lock the keys in the car when we are out shopping and the other set is at home (old car where that still works) or he is making fun of me. 

Add me to the Stephanie Plum fan wagon that agrees about Ranger and "Babe!"

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived