IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt. 3: Glory Days Dwindling Away

FundieFarmer

2 hours ago, jerkit said:

I can't snark on a fast food date night. I prefer tacos to anything fancy on date night. Bonus points for ice cream.

I prefer that kind of good also. I was at a wedding on Saturday my friends daughter was eating chicken fingers I would have rather eaten what she had & not the steak I had. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Granwych said:

The Jack Daniels' burger glaze is very very good.  (Good enough to charge for extra sauce at the restaurant.)  So good that I looked up a copycat recipe and made a bottle for home use.

That said, I haven't had an In & Out or 5 Guys burger yet.   Maybe a request to Grampwych for a "date night" is in order...

I love the burgers at 5 Guys, but they have fries with malt vinegar, which puts it over the top for me. I also like that they have a sign in the lobby telling you the name and location of the farm that grew the potatoes that they're using that day :) Somehow, that just makes me happy.

The best thing about a 5 Guys burger is that the last bite tastes as good as the first one. It even has a pickle on it. I don't know how they manage to have a bit of pickle in every bite, but they do. It's awesome.

And we learned our lesson about the fries the first time we went. I've never seen so many fries in one order in my life. 

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

I prefer that kind of good also. I was at a wedding on Saturday my friends daughter was eating chicken fingers I would have rather eaten what she had & not the steak I had. 

My daughter was a flower girl in a wedding in August.  She got the chicken fingers and so did a grown man who was at our table.:my_biggrin: 

38 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

My daughter was a flower girl in a wedding in August.  She got the chicken fingers and so did a grown man who was at our table.:my_biggrin: 

Glad you got what I ment. Dame autocorrect I officially ment food. 

7 hours ago, feministxtian said:

In and Out is a burger place that is in the west. California, Nevadaarrow-10x10.png and Arizona. It is to DIE for!  double double is a double hamburger, double cheese. Animal style has grilled onions and other stuff added. OH MY GOD they are OUTRAGEOUSLY good!!!

Now I need to get one. 

Hahaha a a Canadian a double double is what you order at Tim Horton's! :P 

9 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Hahaha a a Canadian a double double is what you order at Tim Horton's! :P 

Tim Horton's ='s <3. That's where I met my husband.

Just now, Adrienne83 said:

Tim Horton's ='s <3. That's where I met my husband.

Gotta love a stop to Timmy's! :) 

On 10/13/2016 at 11:47 AM, Exjw2015deed said:

Can you please point me to a thread explaining what pulling a shrader is? I know the family but I don't know the story.

I feel very alone and kinda bad but since I saw that wedding I've been thinking David is much more likely to pull a Ted Haggard.... 

Unpopular opinion time: I'm not impressed with In-N-Out. It was okay - but it didn't live up to the hype at all for me. 

Pris is about 4 days past her due date.  Hope she and baby pecan are doing OK.  I remember that Paul arrived a week after his due date, don't remember with Davia, but I think she was closer to "on time" and she was smaller than Paul was.

I hope the baby isn't as big as Spud! Jessa and Whitney also went pretty far past their due date, but Whitney had a real doctor helping her.

5 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Unpopular opinion time: I'm not impressed with In-N-Out. It was okay - but it didn't live up to the hype at all for me. 

Blasphemy!!! Utter Blasphemy! In and Out is the BEST! 

They live in or near Big Sandy.  David's job was moved as part of the eventual shut down of the old headquarters.

On October 16, 2016 at 4:10 PM, Coconut Flan said:

They live in or near Big Sandy.  David's job was moved as part of the eventual shut down of the old headquarters.

I'm hoping the new baby pictures to come will have some good shots indoors. I would like to see how their house is looking now. It started out in very rough shape. I've seen some progress pics but I would like to see more. I'm always nosey about homes.

Their latest Instagram post, regarding the importance of voting for Christians, seems to suggest they'll be choosing a third party candidate (see the comments).  Unless I'm reading it wrong...it's a bit cryptic.

On 10/16/2016 at 8:53 AM, RoseWilder said:

Yeah, they got to Texas a few years ago.  We tried one and it was "Meh".   The hands-down, best burger I've ever had EVER was the Kobe beef burger on a gluten-free bun at the Monument Cafe in Georgetown, Texas.  

Hopdoddy is also pretty damned good. 

57 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Their latest Instagram post, regarding the importance of voting for Christians, seems to suggest they'll be choosing a third party candidate (see the comments).  Unless I'm reading it wrong...it's a bit cryptic.

Interesting... I doubt they are voting for pro-choice Gary Johnson or Jill stein though...

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm hoping the new baby pictures to come will have some good shots indoors. I would like to see how their house is looking now. It started out in very rough shape. I've seen some progress pics but I would like to see more. I'm always nosey about homes.

Don't forget the gaping hole they had to repair in one of the room floors-- I expect it will bust open  again on Halloween. I believe Davia has telekinetic powers that can make this happen.

Poor Cilly. I can't imagine going 6 days overdue with two toddlers and a husband like him. I would beg for a hospital birth just to get some alone time. I would bet she gets zero to none.

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Poor Cilly. I can't imagine going 6 days overdue with two toddlers and a husband like him. I would beg for a hospital birth just to get some alone time. I would bet she gets zero to none.

Zero to none sounds about right. How long after she pushes out the baby do we think he'll give her to rest this time before shooting the introduction video? Poor thing isn't great on camera at the best of times. The video after Davia's birth just seemed cruel. (I don't think he would ever intend to be cruel; he does seem sweet on the rare occasion he's not being inconsiderate. But still.)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived