IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt. 3: Glory Days Dwindling Away

FundieFarmer

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me like this traveling circus comprised most of Pecan's job. If that dries up, is he unemployed? Or did I miss some other responsibilities?

Traveling around the country with two toddlers and pregnant sounds like a literal nightmare. I mean, I am pretty sure I have woken in a cold sweat from something similar.

Since @Buzzard posted the old threads from Pecangate (thank you!) I've been reading them all. Something that really struck me was that, for starters, the quantity of posts has gone way down over the last few years.  From the website:

►2016 (7) (and we are 2/3 of the way through the year, so we're looking at maybe 9/10 posts for this year)
►2015 (11)
►2014 (18)
►2013 (30)
►2012 (46)

It's probably a combination of things (including they've transitioned to Instagram and Twitter) but I think the whole IBLP scandal exploding and Gothard being exposed has definitely made David less forthcoming. They're now generally just advertisements for IBLP/ATI stuff, updates on the baby, etc rather than the super mega Christian stuff e.g. the 12 days of Christmas thing he did before. It could also just be because they have less time now they have 2 kids and one forthcoming.

Also, Priss looks happier than she used to. Speculation: I think it's linked to the above, now she doesn't have to do as many awkward videos and posed pictures. And probably being a mother too.

21 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

Name inspiration credit to @Palimpsest!

Carrying on from here: 

Thanks for the earworm. Now I've got "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen running through my head.  :P 

2 hours ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

It's probably a combination of things (including they've transitioned to Instagram and Twitter) but I think the whole IBLP scandal exploding and Gothard being exposed has definitely made David less forthcoming. They're now generally just advertisements for IBLP/ATI stuff, updates on the baby, etc rather than the super mega Christian stuff e.g. the 12 days of Christmas thing he did before. It could also just be because they have less time now they have 2 kids and one forthcoming.

Also, Priss looks happier than she used to. Speculation: I think it's linked to the above, now she doesn't have to do as many awkward videos and posed pictures. And probably being a mother too.

Also, he and the help-meet aren't on Tee Vee anymore because Josh N'Anna are not longer featured actors.

I can't tell if Prissy is happy or not as a cheerful countenance is always required.  But I'm sure she's happy not to be doing so many scripted videos.  I wonder why Davy put the kibosh on them?

• 2 weeks later...

I guess Instagram posting is easier than making a video. I feel like it's a girl for them. So many fundies are having babies, it is crazy. 

Goodness. They have two more weeks of travelling ahead of them. That'll take her to 37 + x days before they're finally home. Holy shit! I wonder if she gets any kind of prenatal care at all.

ETA: By the way, did you know that children are blessing from the Lord? Just thought I'd throw that in there in case anyone had missed the memo. CHILDREN ARE A BLESSING FROM THE LORD, Y'ALL!

Priscilla could have this child earlier than her due date. I don't know how they handle doctor's appointments with the constant traveling. Maybe she just sees a midwife or something? I feel tired looking at their IG and all the places they went to.

Davy, why don't you send your wife back home to rest after all the travelling and to regain some strenght for the upcoming un-medicated home birth? You could actually keep the kids for the next two weeks to let her enjoy some peace and silence. Or at least send her back home, I'm sure all your unmarried sisters will come help her with the kids.

When Priscilla was over the halfway through her pregnancy with Paul, Davy took her to Australia for a month or so, and did that during the Australian summer. Next time when she was pregnant with Davia AND was taking care of toddler Paul, her lovely master took her on an IBLP cross country road trip for two months or so. And now it's the same. What's next - driving through Alaska in mid-January with three kids in tow and giving birth roadside while watching Aurora Borealis through the frosted backseat windows?

Is it possible that Pris really doesn't mind traveling like this before her due date? I'm certainly not a fan of either of them, but Priscilla seems to me to be a rather "sturdy" (shades of Kelly Bradrick!), energetic type, who might well want to be active up until the last possible minute. I know many women of this sort, who were completely active and engaged up until the last little bit before their babies were born, and frankly, they were probably happier keeping busy and acting normally as possible.

25 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

Is it possible that Pris really doesn't mind traveling like this before her due date? I'm certainly not a fan of either of them, but Priscilla seems to me to be a rather "sturdy" (shades of Kelly Bradrick!), energetic type, who might well want to be active up until the last possible minute. I know many women of this sort, who were completely active and engaged up until the last little bit before their babies were born, and frankly, they were probably happier keeping busy and acting normally as possible.

Good point.  I think the problem is that if a 'typical' woman travelled right up to giving birth, no one would think twice about it because it clearly would be what she wants to do.  With Priscilla (and other fundy hubby-is-always-right women), who knows what she wants...?

Even if she genuinely doesn't mind being away this late into pregnancy, there are practical things to take into account.  If they haven't been home for a while is the babies room ready?  Do the kids have a routine in place - because asking them to readjust to home & a new baby at the same time is a big ask.  What if the baby comes early?  Are they prepared to be stuck somewhere a long way from home?

2 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

What's next - driving through Alaska in mid-January with three kids in tow and giving birth roadside while watching Aurora Borealis through the frosted backseat windows?

I have experience on this.  In February of 1958, my family packed three kids into a 1947 Dodge sedan and drove from Anchorage, Alaska to Washington state via the AlCan Highway.    I don't have unhappy memories of that trip.  Dad drove, my mom sat in the front seat and made sandwiches.  All three of us kids sat in the back with the drugged cat. Driving on plowed and well maintained snowpack  was considered a safer and easier time to travel than summer, when the highway was just gravel.   At night, everyone plugs their car into a block heater; in the day, you just keep driving. 

For reference, my dad was in the Air Force.  When he was stationed in Anchorage, we all made the journey from Seattle to Anchorage in a troop ship.  Everyone in my family and many other people came down with the puking flu on that voyage. That was such a horrible experience that my parents considered driving 2,400 miles in the dead of winter to be a desirable alternative.  

Now back to your regular Pecan and Priss programming.  I must say that, depending on where they are travelling, it might be better than sitting out a torrid Texas summer. 

@Tim-Tom Biblethumper, that poor little boy is wearing a long-sleeved dress shirt and khaki pants.  

@Howl, your Alaskan road trip sounds cool and enjoyable! A great memory for sure. I'm from Finland so I've been experiencing some pretty cold and snowy road trips, too, and wouldn't mind one in Alaska. It's just the "forced to give birth at the backseat in the dead of winter"-part I'd like to skip ;)

Children are SUCH a blessing from the Lord!! But women are meant to suffer for their original sin and be a helpmeet to their patriarch, thus Priscilla gets to travel in a RV 9 months preggo with two toddlers who need constant care and attention. 

According to a recent Instagram, Priscilla is due in three weeks, the family took a 1000 foot descent through a gorge, and exercise is a healthy preparation for the baby's arrival.

Priscilla looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of #3 - their kids are so cute.  Hope they get home soon.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:22 AM, Kak said:

Priscilla must be made of sterner stuff than I am. I couldn't handle that in the last month of pregnancy.

Not necessarily. Even if she is crumbling she cannot show it, tell anyone or give any indication. She must always be David's joyful, smiling, happy wife. Willing and able to do anything he wants at any time. If he says they're living in a bus and traveling the country for the entirety of her late pregnancy, she smiles and says 'let's go!'.

There is no way of knowing what she truly feels about it. She probably doesn't even know.

She's not made of stronger stuff, she is made of clay to be molded and told. She does what she is told, end. of. story. A normal person may be able to say "this is too much! I can't do it! It's hard! I want to be home, in one place". Or any such thing. A Gothard girl doesn't have the option.

On 9/12/2016 at 6:22 AM, Kak said:

Priscilla must be made of sterner stuff than I am. I couldn't handle that in the last month of pregnancy.

I'm only 18 weeks (per ultrasound) or 20 weeks (per my actual count from my period), and I can't imagine traveling around with 2 toddlers NOW. Let alone in Month 8!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived