IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt. 3: Glory Days Dwindling Away

FundieFarmer

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, gustava said:

Is Priscila wearing wide-legged culottes in that photo? 

No, it's just a weird crease in the skirt. 

On on a different note.... I watched AFV yesterday and realized the little girl in my favorite video ever looks just like Davia! I love this kid's horrified face! 

image.jpeg

Yes, Big Sandy was a family camp something they regard as different from the family conferences.  People go to Big Sandy as a central location instead of the Pecan Thief dragging his family around for smaller presentations.  At least they are  home since he's assigned at Big Sandy now. 

6 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Yes, Big Sandy was a family camp something they regard as different from the family conferences.  People go to Big Sandy as a central location instead of the Pecan Thief dragging his family around for smaller presentations.  At least they are  home since he's assigned at Big Sandy now. 

I can't believe over a thousand people still come to these things (provided they're not exaggerating). And that's not even the big family conference in Big Sandy. How can so many people be into this crap, STILL, after everything that has come out?

4 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I can't believe over a thousand people still come to these things (provided they're not exaggerating). And that's not even the big family conference in Big Sandy. How can so many people be into this crap, STILL, after everything that has come out?

They are counting every single child (even babies). So really there might only be 100 large families attending.

8 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Fundie's are so steeped in the kool-aid that truth and facts don't matter to them. It's  a scary world - even amongst the Fundie-Lite.  "Satan causes these horrible things to happen" and on and on. 

So if you'll let me explore a couple conspiracy theories for a second, what are the chances that this trip/tour was either 1) a stop-gap measure since interest in conferencing at Big Sandy was down so low they couldn't even expect a good showing so they decided to take the show to the people or 2) an attempt to keep people atomized, so there would be no chance of collective action by so many attending a conference together, comparing notes and planting seeds of doubt in each other? It's impossible to know, of course, but it makes sense to me. Distract people from the scandal by entertaining them with a sweet family whose young children and pregnant mother suggest an air of vulnerability that couldn't possibly represent a thoroughly corrupt organization. 

35 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I think Fundies live in a different world then the rest of the world does. So they choose not to believe something. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are counting every single child (even babies). So really there might only be 100 large families attending.

Well, since they are so pro-life, Priss probably counted as two, one for her, and one for the soon-to-be-born "blessing". Since so many of their followers are QF, there were probably a fair number of unborn "attendees".

I hope she has a safe delivery.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's a good point. Thanks for making me feel a little better about this. ;)

Today is her due date. Do we know if she's gone late with the other 2?  Priscilla is way more of a trooper than I would have been.

Davia is hilarious. On the Noah's Ark post there's a video of Priscilla telling the Noah story. She says excitedly to the kids "do you want to go see the animals!!" 

Davia just says deadpan, "No".

4 hours ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

Davia is hilarious. On the Noah's Ark post there's a video of Priscilla telling the Noah story. She says excitedly to the kids "do you want to go see the animals!!" 

Her stoicism sometimes reminds me of when Francis Bean Cobain was a baby. I read that Kurt & Courtney would try to make her laugh/have a silly reaction quite often, so she was stoic for a long time. (Not that I know her, of course; I'm just going on what I've read.)

I think it'd be awesome if Davia grew up and rebelled (ie, black hair, tattoos, wearing PANTS).  ;) 

I don't think David cares at all for his wife's well being. If he did care he wouldn't have dragged her around the US doing conforances while pregnant and having 2 small children. 

7 hours ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

She is hilarious, but I'm sure her "No" was considered irrelevant, as will any future no's.

4 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

She is hilarious, but I'm sure her "No" was considered irrelevant, as will any future no's.

Of course.  Fundie females have no voice.  Poor little cutie pie.

On 10/10/2016 at 8:02 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Hit the nail on the head. He doesn't give off a physically abusive vibe, but I don't think he really respects Priscilla beyond her role as his dutiful, pretty wife/broodmare. I do get a controlling vibe from him, and I do think that he chose Priscilla to marry because she seems so pliable and eager to please.

This is my feeling about him too   He clearly doesn't respect her though I don't think he physically or verbally abuses her.  I suspect Davey is one of these guys who thinks of himself as a decent Christian husband because he does (or does not) do certain things for his wife and family.  Ok, fine but that's not enough.   He appears to have no "emotional" intelligence, he doesn't seem in the least attuned to Priscilla emotionally or even consider her needs, he goes his merry way and expects her to go along no questions asked.   He's been doing this ever since they got married but the fact they have two kids and another on the way doesn't seem to register with him.  He doesn't seem to realize that being a good partner is to be considerate of the other person, that there's a certain level of give and take, it's not just that they are there to give, give, give to you.    I feel for Pris in that she probably has a very emotionally distant marriage but has no way to even articulate her feelings about that, perhaps even recognize it.

I don't think Priscilla consciously realizes it.  David seems to have found his soul mate in the sense that he doesn't have the emotion to give and she doesn't recognize what is missing.  They will go along in the perfunctory functional marriage and both possibly never know any better.  Hopefully Priscilla will be spared the agony of a situation like Anna's.  She could in the end be better off this way than actually deeply loving a creep. 

Priscilla and David make me think of those political marriages European nobility and gentry used to have, where the whole thing is just a soulless transaction for the purposes of producing children. David's a baronet who needs to marry to produce an heir, while Priscilla is the daughter of a gentleman who is well chuffed at his daughter marrying someone from a more esteemed background than her own.

It must be so lonely for Priscilla, with only toddlers to interact with in her day-to-day life.

23 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I don't think Priscilla consciously realizes it.  David seems to have found his soul mate in the sense that he doesn't have the emotion to give and she doesn't recognize what is missing.  They will go along in the perfunctory functional marriage and both possibly never know any better.  Hopefully Priscilla will be spared the agony of a situation like Anna's.  She could in the end be better off this way than actually deeply loving a creep. 

I think you make a good point about Priscilla versus Anna.  Pris probably doesn't know what she is missing so she's not going to experience hurt and dissatisfaction over what she is getting out of her marriage.  Blissfully unaware at best, constant state of confusion at worst but possibly writing it off to it being her, not Davey.  Anna, on the other hand, went into her marriage clearly loving and valuing Josh, and thought she was getting the same in return.  She found out the hard way that was not the case and the heartbreak is obvious.

4 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I don't think David cares at all for his wife's well being. If he did care he wouldn't have dragged her around the US doing conforances while pregnant and having 2 small children. 

And didn't they fly to Australia when she was heavily pregnant w/Paul?

I have to say I think their father pushed them into marrying these men. Maybe not so much Priscilla but I think he pushed Anna into marrying Josh. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived