IGNORED

Eighteen Batesesss

Destiny

I really don't think they are more fertile than anyone else, except for maybe the fact that they start producing at the prime time to reproduce (which biologically is 17-22). Other than that it seems pretty normal to always be pregnant or at least pregnant every other year when you aren't using any kind of BC. 

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This makes me genuinely sad for Michael. I really wanted her to be next. Since she's been married, Whitney and Erin popped out babies and now Alyssa is pregnant. I know she's not the kind to be sad for herself, and I'm happy she's enjoying time being spoiled by Brandon. But I hope that this isn't hard for her, like it was for Erin when Whitney had Bradley. 

Maybe im just hormonal and need to take a nap.... I'm getting soft. 

I wonder if the new baby will have Alyssa's initials like Allie does. Alyssa Joy and Allie Jane? Or if they'll go with something completely different.

I have noticed Michaela has stopped responding to pregnancy related comments on instagram. Also no move to Texas, which is interesting. The age gap between the two kids seems to be not too bad. Close as to be expected but not as close as some families in their belief system.

Not an unexpected announcement but I would have hoped for a slightly bigger gap. Alyssa and the family look happy and I do think that it is good for Allie to get a sibling, I just hope they are not followed by another 20 of them. I still have hope for Alyssa given she has said she does not want 20 kids so I still hope for 4-5 for her and John. 

I still have hope that Michael isn't that sad and that she has found out that life without children isn't too bad and is enjoying it even if that was not her plan. 

I know it's not popular to say this, but I think that having kids very close in age is very hard for the parents and not everybody enjoys parenthood in this situation. Allie will be just 21 (22?) months, still a baby in diapers and starting the tantrum age. It means Alyssa will have to forget about her hairdo/make up long sessions and her (apparently) relaxing life in Florida. In fact, she said she was too busy with one kid.

Looking at the dates, it seems that she got pregnant around at Allie's first birthday. I'd like to think that it was her own decision, but I'm suspecting Bates made a heavy pressure on her. I'm sure Alyssa loves and enjoys Allie very much, but I don't see her extremely motherly. I mean, she talks about needing quiet time and she obviously enjoys going out, which it's difficult when you have a bunch of little kids.

I looove Allie's face in the last pictures. Like she was thinking "WTF with this announcement". I also love her "rebel" hair, she is always unkempt despite I'm sure her mother tries to make her a nice hairdo.

After triste news i really hope that Michael is happy just with Brandon and no kids. I also hope for her that she could be the next to have a baby if tris is really what she wants 

I'm not surprised at all, I knew she was after that picture in the red dress... She always carries so small though.

One thing I do find interesting is that she is announcing quite late by fundie standards. I think Alyssa has really felt burned by the whole fame thing and is definitely trying to restrict the information she puts out  about her family. I think her children stand the best chance at having a decent amount of privacy.

I also think that Alyssa will try and space her kids a touch more than they would be naturally, but they will still be pretty close together. I get the feeling she will try and get the baby making over, have her 6 kids (she said she wanted 6-8 kids, 10 maximum. She strikes me as a planner, so I think she'll do what she said), then quietly practice some form of birth control and move on to a life she finds more fulfilling.

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I know it's not popular to say this, but I think that having kids very close in age is very hard for the parents and not everybody enjoys parenthood in this situation. Allie will be just 21 (22?) months, still a baby in diapers and starting the tantrum age. It means Alyssa will have to forget about her hairdo/make up long sessions and her (apparently) relaxing life in Florida. In fact, she said she was too busy with one kid.

Looking at the dates, it seems that she got pregnant around at Allie's first birthday. I'd like to think that it was her own decision, but I'm suspecting Bates made a heavy pressure on her. I'm sure Alyssa loves and enjoys Allie very much, but I don't see her extremely motherly. I mean, she talks about needing quiet time and she obviously enjoys going out, which it's difficult when you have a bunch of little kids.

I looove Allie's face in the last pictures. Like she was thinking "WTF with this announcement". I also love her "rebel" hair, she is always unkempt despite I'm sure her mother tries to make her a nice hairdo.

She actually got pregnant around a month or more after Allie's birthday. I'm due thirteen days before Alyssa and I conceived in late April. So close, but not that close (which is nice since they were able to focus just on Allie for her first birthday.)

I think time will tell with Alyssa and her ability to handle multiple young kids. She may find she hates having constant mess and chaos - or she could love it. She could also have kids that take after her in personality as well, which could make things easier for them. 

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

There is science that suggests that having a sibling is best between 3-4 years of age and around 7. This does not mean it can't work out beautifully at other ages but these were the ones that both siblings seemed to benefit the most from and also ages parents seem to have found to be good. My daughter turned 4 the same month she became a big sister and it is going quite well but I think that to be completely ideal for her I think 3,5 would have been even better. Before 1,5 years of age she would have been miserable, she was and is quite high needs. I was dead scared of getting pregnant until she turned 2 and it wasn't until she turned 3 I had the slightest wish for another child. She is great but there have been days she has been 10 times worse than her infant baby brother who is not an easy baby, just normal.

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Callie

Allison

Alexandria

I think Lilly is also a name that the Websters might consider.

19 minutes ago, elliha said:

There is science that suggests that having a sibling is best between 3-4 years of age and around 7. This does not mean it can't work out beautifully at other ages but these were the ones that both siblings seemed to benefit the most from and also ages parents seem to have found to be good. My daughter turned 4 the same month she became a big sister and it is going quite well but I think that to be completely ideal for her I think 3,5 would have been even better. Before 1,5 years of age she would have been miserable, she was and is quite high needs. I was dead scared of getting pregnant until she turned 2 and it wasn't until she turned 3 I had the slightest wish for another child. She is great but there have been days she has been 10 times worse than her infant baby brother who is not an easy baby, just normal.

I agree. My mum and aunt have almost the same sort of gap that Allie and sister will have, of around 22 months, and my brother and I have a gap of just under 3 years and 11 months (his birthday is the end of May and mine is very beginning of July.) I suppose it really depends on how the mother feels, though. Plus in fundie land you're expected to crank em out quick.

Two pairs of my kids are 19 months apart. It wasn't ideal at all times, but it was often lots of fun. The last two were very unplanned; long complicated story, but they were and are so wonderful, now 18 and nearly 20, I cannot imagine having experienced a full life without them. For me, the bigger issue was not that they were so close in age, but that I was over 30, and less inclined to have energy for rolling around on the floor in play.

Alyssa seems fussy, and doesn't like a mess or a crowd. I expect no matter what they all say, she'll manage to have exactly what she thinks she can handle, then somehow stop.

Not to make her seem good or anything but what Kelly wrote on IG about Brandon was really sweet. I know she wouldn't say anything bad but I'm sure any mother in law would be happy that he pays attention to the family.

Her daughter will bring the grandchild count up to six. They're almost caught up with the Duggars. If Tori marries Bobby, that could mean a quick line of babies too. Honestly, these couples are still young. Why not wait until the first is 2 before trying again? I'm only impressed Alyssa kept it quiet for that long.

I'm only impressed Alyssa kept it quiet for that long.

Her disappearance from IG made things easier because if she was still active on there but suddenly stopped posting pics of her stomach, or if someone spotted the slightest bump the comments would have been rampant.

8 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Her disappearance from IG made things easier because if she was still active on there but suddenly stopped posting pics of her stomach, or if someone spotted the slightest bump the comments would have been rampant.

Well...

Being from a family that has made a nice, public sponsored income for procreating, plus having a public IG that consists of weekly photos of one's self will tend to bring comments. Didn't she go dark in early Summer? She would have already been PG at that time, so a win-win for AW.

Girl's gotta do what a girl has to do.

Well...

Being from a family that has made a nice, public sponsored income for procreating, plus having a public IG that consists of weekly photos of one's self will tend to bring comments. Didn't she go dark in early Summer? She would have already been PG at that time, so a win-win for AW.

Girl's gotta do what a girl has to do.

If she's 40 weeks on the 27th of January, that means she conceived early May. She left IG late June. So yeah, pretty sure she knew she was knocked up when she made the post...

In advance let me say I took a Valium, so what I'm about to say cannot be used against Me. But when Zach imitated the chainsaw I literally busted out laughing. Lol it was so awkward. And they make innuendos way to easy. 

His face! 

image.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Thorns said:

Perfect timing. When Alyssa has had her baby it will almost be time for the speculation game to begin anew for Whit and Erin. 

OH LORD

1 hour ago, Thorns said:

Perfect timing. When Alyssa has had her baby it will almost be time for the speculation game to begin anew for Whit and Erin. 

Erin has said several times that Brooklyn is the last one. I give her the benefit of doubt.

And yes, Whitney will have the third one when Kaci will be 18 months old if not earlier. But I have some hope that Zach eventually decides to stop. Maybe after baby  #5, when life gets really ugly at home. There's something rational on him. Time will tell.

And I look for another "surprise" announcement from Erin by about this time next year. I don't think they will try to prevent at all.

51 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Erin has said several times that Brooklyn is the last one. I give her the benefit of doubt.

I don't believe that it's her last.  She was joking.  She may not intend to have as many as her parents but I don't see her stopping just yet.  Hopefully the next won't come for a few years but a 3rd is almost certain to come.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived