IGNORED

Eighteen Batesesss

Destiny

I assume that your husband is hiking on private property? Or you live in Alaska, where hunting in national parks in permitted?

Commenters on Nathan Bates's picture think that he is in Glacier National Park.

"With the opening of the general hunting season on Sunday, October 22, officials at Glacier National Park remind hunters that NO hunting of any kind is permitted within the park. It is the hunters’ responsibility to ensure that they are NOT hunting within park boundaries. Park officials remind hunters that they must ensure they do NOT hunt or otherwise shoot or injure any wildlife within Glacier’s boundary, even if the boundary is not clearly indicated. Hunting within Glacier National Park is prohibited under federal authority (36 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 2.2, and 16 United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 170).

"Individuals are also reminded that firearms are NOT permitted anywhere in the park’s backcountry. Firearms brought through Glacier National Park must be unloaded, broken down (temporarily inoperable) cased, and stored out of sight and reach, with ammunition separated from weapons while in the park [36 C.F.R. 2.4(a)(3)]."

https://www.nps.gov/glac/learn/news/no-hunting-restrictions-in-glacier-national-park.htm

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Hey maidens!! My godly son is on the market again!  Look at those arms!! Wouldn't you like him to righteously fulfill your desires??!!

This! Absolutely true

I have exclamation mark disease :( I read a really interesting article that hypothesized that women in the workplace are more likely to use exclamation marks and smileys in emails to seem more approachable and less threatening. I work in a heavily male environment so I figured it was probably true. Ever since then I've made a real effort to cut down on my exclamation point usage. It is really hard to break the habit. (e.g.i would normally have put an exclamation point at the end of the last two sentences and it's killing me that I haven't...) 

On 8/29/2016 at 9:44 AM, vspielman said:

One week after giving birth I was thinner than I was pre-pregnancy.  Sadly I was such a mess otherwise that I couldn't even enjoy it - LOL

That was me. With my first I even went to the hospital in normal clothes. I technically could have this second time, but from the time I got pregnant I couldn't stand wearing pants. My c-section scar didn't hurt, it was just really uncomfortable. I had HG both times and both times went into the hospital 20+ pounds less than before I was pregnant. Random people that saw me didn't even think I was pregnant. I hated being so sick both times, and all those hospitalizations. :/

2 hours ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

I have exclamation mark disease :( I read a really interesting article that hypothesized that women in the workplace are more likely to use exclamation marks and smileys in emails to seem more approachable and less threatening. I work in a heavily male environment so I figured it was probably true. Ever since then I've made a real effort to cut down on my exclamation point usage. It is really hard to break the habit. (e.g.i would normally have put an exclamation point at the end of the last two sentences and it's killing me that I haven't...) 

I do too, except I don't bother cutting it down. My friends and family would think something was up then, lol. :P

I have exclamation mark disease [emoji20] I read a really interesting article that hypothesized that women in the workplace are more likely to use exclamation marks and smileys in emails to seem more approachable and less threatening. I work in a heavily male environment so I figured it was probably true. Ever since then I've made a real effort to cut down on my exclamation point usage. It is really hard to break the habit. (e.g.i would normally have put an exclamation point at the end of the last two sentences and it's killing me that I haven't...) 

Huh, that's interesting. I don't use many exclamation marks, but I work in a male-dominated environment, too, and I've definitely caught myself ending lots of emails with smiley faces. I dunno, I just feel rude sending an email that says something like, "Would you mind running your tests again to double-check?" without either preamble or a smiley, even though I realise that there's nothing wrong with what I'm asking.

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I assume that your husband is hiking on private property? Or you live in Alaska, where hunting in national parks in permitted?

"With the opening of the general hunting season on Sunday, October 22, officials at Glacier National Park remind hunters that NO hunting of any kind is permitted within the park. It is the hunters’ responsibility to ensure that they are NOT hunting within park boundaries. Park officials remind hunters that they must ensure they do NOT hunt or otherwise shoot or injure any wildlife within Glacier’s boundary, even if the boundary is not clearly indicated. Hunting within Glacier National Park is prohibited under federal authority (36 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 2.2, and 16 United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 170).

"Individuals are also reminded that firearms are NOT permitted anywhere in the park’s backcountry. Firearms brought through Glacier National Park must be unloaded, broken down (temporarily inoperable) cased, and stored out of sight and reach, with ammunition separated from weapons while in the park [36 C.F.R. 2.4(a)(3)]."

https://www.nps.gov/glac/learn/news/no-hunting-restrictions-in-glacier-national-park.htm

It sounds like he should not have brought that gun with him. I really hope someone points that out to them. 

I live in a snake infested area and I'm always surprised when people say they carry around guns to kill snakes, especially if they are hiking in the woods. I get killing snakes around your house or around where people live, but if you are going out into their habitat, why kill them? 

11 hours ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

I'm sorry! I wouldn't tease or make fun of it normally because I get why people do it at times. It just seems so awkward when Fundies abuse it the way they do though.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm sorry! I wouldn't tease or make fun of it normally because I get why people do it at times. It just seems so awkward when Fundies abuse it the way they do though.

That's ok, I annoy myself with it sometimes ;) same issue as @alba, I feel rude or abrupt if I end requests with a full stop! 

Kelly does go super over the top though... I tend to re-read everything I send or post and remove a good chunk of the exclamation marks beforehand, she should do that. Like that Coco Chanel saying about fashion, before you go out look at yourself in the mirror and take one thing off!

Nothing new to this post but guess who is speaking at another family conference?! Gil Bates (source: the ever entertaining pecan thief's Instagram- yes I'm embarrassed I even know this) 

Of course they hide it from their Instagram and I'm sure Bringing up Bates will ignore it like the last conference they went to! Hide all the dirty for the shining image! This hiding makes it so obvious that they seem to be aware that their beliefs are not just unwelcome in the general public opinion but that they are maybe not as just as they make them out to be.

I'm not making myself very clear here I fear. Compare to David Waller: He knows that a lot of people don't like or support his views-> feeds christian prosecution complex BUT he is sure to be right and meets the critiques by showing more of his work! (making sense in their weird way= fighting for whats "right") Disclaimer: I don't know if or that he thinks any of this! Just based on actions/instagram!

Bates: They know that a lot of people don't like or support their views-> Hide those views instead of standing up for what (by their own definition) should be a worthy cause-> this leads to the question of how worthy it even is to themselves? How terrible to spread something you don't even have the backbone to stand up for publicly!

I guess in the end I prefer someone deluded but honest like Pecan Thief although (or because) I am well aware of all the bad he does through his job of spreading the cult through family conferences.

Nathan possibly ignoring national park gun carrying laws just fits the picture so perfectly! Laws are for heathens not holy folks, right!?

There are a couple of other considerations.  David Waller has instagrammed for years and it's part of his job to promote whatever ATI is putting on.  For these conferences he's basically the front man.  I don't think I've ever seen an instagram post made by Gil Bates.  Do the Bates hide what they are doing sometimes?  Yes.  Is it really easy on the internet to find out?  Again, yes.  In this case I don't think Gil was trying to hide anything.  He just doesn't post on social media that I've seen. 

17 hours ago, epic fail said:

Nothing new to this post but guess who is speaking at another family conference?! Gil Bates (source: the ever entertaining pecan thief's Instagram- yes I'm embarrassed I even know this) 

Of course they hide it from their Instagram and I'm sure Bringing up Bates will ignore it like the last conference they went to! Hide all the dirty for the shining image! This hiding makes it so obvious that they seem to be aware that their beliefs are not just unwelcome in the general public opinion but that they are maybe not as just as they make them out to be.

I'm not making myself very clear here I fear. Compare to David Waller: He knows that a lot of people don't like or support his views-> feeds christian prosecution complex BUT he is sure to be right and meets the critiques by showing more of his work! (making sense in their weird way= fighting for whats "right") Disclaimer: I don't know if or that he thinks any of this! Just based on actions/instagram!

Bates: They know that a lot of people don't like or support their views-> Hide those views instead of standing up for what (by their own definition) should be a worthy cause-> this leads to the question of how worthy it even is to themselves? How terrible to spread something you don't even have the backbone to stand up for publicly!

I guess in the end I prefer someone deluded but honest like Pecan Thief although (or because) I am well aware of all the bad he does through his job of spreading the cult through family conferences.

Nathan possibly ignoring national park gun carrying laws just fits the picture so perfectly! Laws are for heathens not holy folks, right!?

And this is why some people need to wake up to the Bates and their hypocrisy. They are no better then the Duggars. They are all in it for the glorious money and accolades. Their fire still burns strong for their cause, but they will be damned if they allow it to take away their fame and fortune. The Bates are just shiny and fake in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if everything they post and say on social media had to be run through a PR person first.

On a side note (well I guess it's really the same note), I actually miss the days before the Bates had their own television show and Kelly ran her own blog. She would answer questions and there was so much info and snark made available. It was like getting a real inside look into the rabbit hole. Now they still do what they do, but they won't fess up to it.

17 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

There are a couple of other considerations.  David Waller has instagrammed for years and it's part of his job to promote whatever ATI is putting on.  For these conferences he's basically the front man.  I don't think I've ever seen an instagram post made by Gil Bates.  Do the Bates hide what they are doing sometimes?  Yes.  Is it really easy on the internet to find out?  Again, yes.  In this case I don't think Gil was trying to hide anything.  He just doesn't post on social media that I've seen. 

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you here. Prior to the Bates' rise in fame, they frequently posted about IBLP's events on Kelly's blog. They didn't have social media at the time, because 1) They weren't in the media (other then on the Duggar's show) and I'm sure Gothard highly discouraged using it. 2) Their children weren't married (or engaged), thus their children didn't have social media to show them the ropes either.

However, on the blog they posted about speaking conferences, journey to the heart, and mission trips. That has all be scrubbed. I don't know if their children attend any IBLP events anymore, but if they did, I highly doubt we would ever hear about it now. While I'm sure they know that there is a possibility that information will be out there about Gil speaking at these events,  they won't be publicly promoting it.

So while it's not on the same social media they use now, it was most definitely made public by them (on the internet) in the past.

It seems UPTV doesn't want the Bateses to emphasize the IBLP connection*.  I think the Bates are under instructions to de-emphasize it or conceal it as much as possible and that is why Kelly no longer mentions it on the blog.  

The average viewer (or viewer in denial) who thinks the Bateses are just conservative Christians doesn't bother to research the connection and dig deeper into the cult.

OTOH, for the informed observer, it's hardly breaking news from Pecan Waller's instagram that Gil and Kelly are speaking at the next IBLP Family Conference.  IBLP has had the speakers list for the traveling dog and pony show posted on their website for months and they were front and central at Big Sandy.  

*The only place IBLP is mentioned on UPTV is in Brandon's profile and I'm surprised they allowed it there.

2 hours ago, Bazinga said:

So while it's not on the same social media they use now, it was most definitely made public by them (on the internet) in the past.

My point was David vs Gil.  David has posted quite frequently over the years.  Gil has never had his own social media accounts. 

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

My point was David vs Gil.  David has posted quite frequently over the years.  Gil has never had his own social media accounts. 

I get what you're saying. I guess I was misinterpreting your point when I first read it. I read it as, Gil doesn't have social media- thus he isn't trying to hide anything. I agree that IF Gil were to have social media, I doubt he would have posted about his IBLP happenings as frequently as David (whom it's his job to promote it). However, I do feel like he would have been more open to sharing about his participation with IBLP/ATI events pre-UP TV show, versus what he would post on his social media accounts now (given what we have seen from Kelly). I'm rambling....hopefully that makes sense.

Sorry, yes, private property. His family farms and owns hundreds of acres. He doesn't kill snakes (or anything else) willy-nilly. Only if they might be a threat. We live in an area with many poisonous snakes.

Anyone watch last night's episode? I really hoped they cleaned up that table at the buffet. It looked like they just walked away leaving the mess on the table.

5 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Anyone watch last night's episode? I really hoped they cleaned up that table at the buffet. It looked like they just walked away leaving the mess on the table.

I'm sure the restaurant took care of clearing the table.  That is the way it is usually handled at restaurants like that.  That buffet was really gross.  It was all fried food, pizza, french fries, and other unhealthy items.  It was interesting to see that Tori only ate salad, however.

@epic fail, is it too much to hope that Nathan would be busted for carrying a firearm into a national park?  As we have to remind people when we go on MINI club drives on the Blue Ridge Parkway, speeding on the parkway is a violation of federal law as well as being stupid.  

12 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@epic fail, is it too much to hope that Nathan would be busted for carrying a firearm into a national park?  As we have to remind people when we go on MINI club drives on the Blue Ridge Parkway, speeding on the parkway is a violation of federal law as well as being stupid.  

Can you imagine the show? Where Gil has to go get him out of jail? 

On 8/30/2016 at 2:22 PM, HereticHick said:

That is, indeed, Glacier National Park in that picture, but does anyone know if the pic is recent or old? If it's recent, what would Nathan be doing way the heck up in Montana right now?

Also, he should definitely not have that gun with him in the park.

On 8/30/2016 at 1:08 PM, HereticHick said:

Hey maidens!! My godly son is on the market again!  Look at those arms!! Wouldn't you like him to righteously fulfill your desires??!!

All their birthday photos make me think of dating website photos.... which, I suppose, they are... 

Random off-topic thought. I'm currently watching some BuB out of boredom and I really think Tori looks like Miranda Cosgrove from iCarly. Something about her reminds me of Miranda. Anyone else feel this way?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived