IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

33 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Her lack of emotion was just infuriating to me. Michelle probably didn't think the 911 call would be released to the public.... So she showed her true feelings. 

We actually discussed this a good deal after Spurgeon was born. A lot of us were of the opinion that her tone was like that for a few reasons:

1. She knew there was a good chance it would be released and didn't want people knowing how bad the situation may have been.

2. She was trying to keep calm for Jessa and Ben. If she was panicking they likely would have too and that's the last thing they needed.

3. And the lack of details about baby was likely because she knew the chances of it being released were high. Jessa and Ben probably wanted to release details themselves and being vague about baby was one way to help them make it happen.

26 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

"Twenty... four. Jessa is 24" Said like 12 hours after her 23rd birthday

As I mentioned above, it was a high stress situation. I can completely see why she might have stumbled or had to hesitate a moment. She likely wasn't thinking about just celebrating Jessa's birthday, but about the fact that her child was bleeding heavily after giving birth.

Disclaimer: None of this is to say Michelle is a good or even decent mother. She really isn't. But I also understand that it was a dangerous situation and she was under a lot of pressure to keep calm. This is one time I'm willing to look past her tone - she got Jessa the help she needed when she needed it and she kept the new parents calm. That's what counts.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone refresh my memory. When were the Seewalds last in Central America? Wasn't it in the Spring?????

16 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

So Spurge will have a buddy to sleep on the couch with, how exciting for him.  My first thought is what I've seen expressed here many times - go to a hospital this time Jessa, please.

Also imagining all the fun ahead for the show involving everyone's favorite party planner. Jinger's bridal shower plus another baby shower for Jessa, how will Sierra handle the pressure? What completely non fabricated disasters will happen this time? Will her best friend Joy be able to save the day? Can't wait to tune in and find out!

I came up with a plot line for Jinger's wedding already:

- A beautiful outdoor October reception is threatened by rain... And Sierra can't find anyone renting tents! But disaster is averted when the rain blows through overnight.

For the showers:

- It's the morning of Jinger's coffee themed Bridal Shower and one of Sierra's helpers forgot to buy coffee and get extra coffee makers! Joy and Sierra have to scramble to find enough coffee and coffee makers. In the end, they its order a shitload from Starbucks or that coffee place Bin loves.

- Jessa and Ben are excited to celebrate at a second baby shower (because grifting is fun y'all!) But someone forgot to put the registry information into the invitations! Sierra tries her best to get the information out ahead of time, but they still end up with four car seats that are exactly the same. 

- Insert oddly colored Flamingos somewhere. Just because. 

1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

If it is a boy, I vote for Increase Mather, perfect name for a Duggar spawn.

I bet Cinderjana was stuck adding that modesty hemline to Jessa's dress.

Oh my word. I'm sure this has been going on for a while, but Cinderjana is PERFECT!

We need a fundy update news bulletin so I don't miss pearlers like this.

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

I know. I don't know what it is with these idiots and their "maybe it will be twins!" crap every single time.

To be fair, with a mother that had two sets of fraternal twins, the Duggar girls all have a slightly higher chance of having more than one. I can see wondering about it. 

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Can someone refresh my memory. When were the Seewalds last in Central America? Wasn't it in the Spring?????

March, IIRC

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

To be fair, with a mother that had two sets of fraternal twins, the Duggar girls all have a slightly higher chance of having more than one. I can see wondering about it. 

The thing is, Jessa isn't wondering. She's around 12 weeks along (and that's being conservative). She knows what she's got. :D

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

March, IIRC

The thing is, Jessa isn't wondering. She's around 12 weeks along (and that's being conservative). She knows what she's got. :D

well, I hope Ben didn't get Zika.... 6 months..

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

March, IIRC

Well, unless she hasn't been to a real doctor, no early scan and all.

19 minutes ago, Kira said:

From first link - Love it - " Jessa and Ben announced on their site that she’ll coochie burp up their second baby sometime next year, and I’m sure you can see it all on the new season of their TLC show Counting On."

Yep, the whole Zika thing- clearly no 6 month wait after being in an infected area. I know they have the maturation of 15 year olds, but damn, what PPP.

It's not as if they will get genetic testing to know anything in advance. Other than the ultrasound, I really don't think Jessa had much, if anything, in the way of prenatal care with Spurge. Since her pregnancy itself was uneventful, I doubt she's going to make may changes there. 

But I'm on the "Get thee to a hospital!" train when it's time to give birth. But will she learn from her mistake? Duggars, especially Jessa, are a stubborn bunch who pretty much can't admit a wrong. We shall see...

2 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

From first link - Love it - " Jessa and Ben announced on their site that she’ll coochie burp up their second baby sometime next year, and I’m sure you can see it all on the new season of their TLC show Counting On."

Right in time for February Sweeps! TLC will RUSH that footage to the editing room! 

I do think that on some level, Jessa is sincere about wanting to adopt... but there's pie-in-the-sky wanting where you'd be happy if the thing fell in your lap, and then there's the determined sort of wanting where you'll put in as much work as necessary to make the desired thing happen.

To me, Jessa's wanting regarding adoption seems to be more of the pie-in-the-sky type. She loves the fantasy image of all those little adopted babies, but she's not going to put in the effort and legwork it would take to bring an adoption to fruition in the real world. She and Ben are not going to make the tough (from their perspective) decision that they will take an intentional break from having biological offspring so they will have the ability to complete the adoption process. It will remain a daydream, because it doesn't matter how much Jessa wants it if they take no concrete steps to pursue bringing a child home.

Jessa talking about adoption is like a child playing house. She's not doing anything about it, and adopted babies don't just fall in your lap by magic, so it's not going to happen. I don't think she's lying - I just don't think she has the maturity to see that her fantasies are not something she's actually willing to work for.

10 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I came up with a plot line for Jinger's wedding already:

- A beautiful outdoor October reception is threatened by rain... And Sierra can't find anyone renting tents! But disaster is averted when the rain blows through overnight.

For the showers:

- It's the morning of Jinger's coffee themed Bridal Shower and one of Sierra's helpers forgot to buy coffee and get extra coffee makers! Joy and Sierra have to scramble to find enough coffee and coffee makers. In the end, they its order a shitload from Starbucks or that coffee place Bin loves.

- Jessa and Ben are excited to celebrate at a second baby shower (because grifting is fun y'all!) But someone forgot to put the registry information into the invitations! Sierra tries her best to get the information out ahead of time, but they still end up with four car seats that are exactly the same. 

- Insert oddly colored Flamingos somewhere. Just because. 

Yes there must always be Flamingos!!

I would legit not be surprised if Jinger's shower WAS coffee related!  Yes whatever issue goes wrong they could use it to plug the coffee place they like.

5 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Well, unless she hasn't been to a real doctor, no early scan and all.

You have a point there. They might only show up for the 15-20 week ultrasound to determine SEX (not gender, you morons). Okay, I'll back off her crying wolf...for now! If she conceived closer to the beginning of May, she could find out for sure pretty soon. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And Erin's kids are 15 months apart. The same as Jessa's soon to be kids. Everyone I know with kids that close in age had a complete blur of a first year after their second was born. It's just constant work and little sleep. 

My boys are 27 months apart and I had a tough first year with them.  My older has always been high needs and my younger never slept, he still doesn't sleep! And over the winter when both of your young children are sick at the same time, you basically want to run away to a deserted island and never come back. 

Spurg is easy. Jessa is going to be shocked by how hard it will be to find time to do her hair and make up every day. I think Jessa will be trimming off a few inches of that long ass mane, wearing hats, and using messy buns as her go to hair solutions for 2017. There's no way she can keep up with all that hair with two babies (and a man child) at home.

You're assuming she's going to be mothering them. Things like attending to them when they need something, using developmentally appropriate techniques to distract and redirect them, baby proofing and feeding them when they're hungry are all unchristian.

From the day they are born these Duggar babies will be fed once every four hours for twenty minutes at a time, then changed and placed back in their crib. They'll be left in the crib alone for twelve hours a night from (is is six weeks or two?). They'll be blanket trained as soon as they can crawl. For those who don't know, blanket training is a mental playpen, you put them on a blanket, a toy just off the blanket, then every time they reach for it you hit them. Over and over until they are too scared to reach for toys. They also get hit when they drop something. After all, gravity's just a theory and we can't have babies figuring it out, can we?

Hopefully Erin's brush with infertility will have tempered her parenting. Are there any indications she's deviating from the party line? 

6 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

Won't this little one make a Duggar born in each month now? Well I hope for her an easy pregnancy and delivery.  Wonder if it'll be a girl this time.  I know she said Ben wanted 15 sons and she thought that would be awesome

Omg, I remember him saying that and I crack up every time it gets brought up. I mean it's just SO absurd - can you even imagine Ben with 15 mini Bens in tow, all in their backwards baseball caps, all equally congested and spaced out?

Nightmares. 

They can't give this kid a normal name, because that would make Spurgeon stand out even more.

My vote is for SpongeBob Michael Seewald. SpongeBob sounds good with both Spurgeon and Seewald,  it fits their maturity level, and incorporates both grandfather's names.

For a girl I pick Sparkle Jessa Selftanner Seewald. 

45 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

March :D

too early for conception - it was conceived during Ben's birthday and Father's day says my mole :D

and yes I am kidding about the my mole 

i do have one - but it's on my body and healthy :D

carry on 

only less than 45 minutes to the counting on - recap hallapulza 

1 minute ago, Gobsmacked said:

We need a Ben emoji. 

I searched everywhere (was hoping we had an actual bin) and I felt this might represent Mr. Seewald the best. :dontgetit:  

8 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

They can't give this kid a normal name, because that would make Spurgeon stand out even more.

My vote is for SpongeBob Michael Seewald. SpongeBob sounds good with both Spurgeon and Seewald,  it fits their maturity level, and incorporates both grandfather's names.

For a girl I pick Sparkle Jessa Selftanner Seewald. 

I lived across the hall from a girl named Sparkal in college. I'm sure she has gone on to do great things, hopefully she changed her name. She had sisters diamond and Gem.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived