IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Well, Jessa said no letter theme for them. I think they should go with Moody. For Dwight Moody.

And to amuse the Anne of Green Gables fans here. 

I thought you said Hank Moody 

ooh I like the name Hanky 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite Jessa seems to love Spurge very much and seems to be way more lovely as a mother than as a sister-mom, having kids close in age is very stressful. Hope she's patient, but I doubt. She needs to move far, stop having kids and have a part-time time job in a beauty shop. Enjoy Spurge and Minispurge and forget adoption, Jessa please.

All I can say is TLC/JB must have wet themselves with glee at the timing of this. 3 months gone (roughly) just at the right time for a new season. Anyone would think it was *cough* planned! ;) 

30 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

For my own entertainment the current scores for bates vs. duggars: gen II

Born grandchildren

Duggar:  6 - m kids, Spurgeon, Israel

Bates:  5 - Allie jane, Carson, Brooklyn, Bradley, Kaci

Unborn grandchildren

Duggar:  1 - Jessa

Bates:  0

Couples expected to announce any day

Duggar:  1 - Jill

Bates:  2 - Michael(a), Alyssa 

Bonus: Strengths

Duggar:  Family history of twins

Bates:  Agressive marrying off of children to cult members  

Current leader

Duggar

Is anyone speculating about Michael having been married for a whole year with NO quiver in her full or full in her quiver? 

1 minute ago, CoveredInBees said:

All I can say is TLC/JB must have wet themselves with glee at the timing of this. 3 months gone (roughly) just at the right time for a new season. Anyone would think it was *cough* planned! ;) 

no - are you positive 

because I swear nothing is ever planned with these people 

are you sure i can climb back from the rock 

i have another story - Michelle was in the room when Mrs Seewald gave birth 

it's half true 

Not too surprised.

(I have 2 kids 12 months apart- almost 1 & 2... about to have a 3rd 13 months apart from the last one. Not quiver full. Was on the pill, somehow it happened this way- So here's my thoughts lol)

On Jessa: She has a lot of help nearby. Mechelle and the compound are close right? Also- Ben is around most of the time. She has a roll call of babysitters if need be. That being said she WILL be surprised at how much more work two is than one. It's a little more work to get to that fundie taco place with two as a couple instead of just one.

I have no family or friends in this state- and I am constantly parenting. Haven't had a break in a LOOOONG time. Can't afford a baby-sitter. Things are different from one child. 

Throw in being pregnant again though- Jessa is in for a rough wake up call when she's 7 months along and Spud is running around everywhere and she can't nap whenever she wants anymore. But again, she has a whole compound of babysitters. I hemorrhaged so badly with my first I nearly died, and from what I heard she hemorrhaged too. So if she doesn't go to the hospital this time it will be completely irresponsible to her family and poor Spud. DON'T TAKE CHANCES WITH DEATH AND LEAVING YOUR CHILD MOTHERLESS. That will really really really piss me off if that happens. I took myself to the hospital the second time (EVEN with our barely 11 month old in her carseat because i went into labor early. I wasn't toying with death not in the hospital again)- and I will take myself again with my third.

Please for the LOVE JESSA please go to the hospital. Nobody wants to see a tragedy. Seriously. Safe pregnancy, mom and baby. 

My thoughts on Jill. I think Dullard is possibly 1. Taking Zika seriously or 2. Realizing how hard parenting is with NO HELP and a compound of babysitters. 3. She had a tough labor- and maybe it's still a factor because of the lack of medical care where they are right now. 4. I don't see them having a baby there.... 5. Maybe she has gotten VERY good at Natural Family Planning, and they have made a (JAW DROP) educated decision not to risk a possible c-section birth in another country, taken the Zika threat seriously, and realized parenting is 24/7 work without a compound of babysitters.

Just my two cents. If Jessa continues the baby train I at least hope she takes her and baby's safety more seriously this time.

1 minute ago, CoveredInBees said:

Well, the announcement certainly was. As I noted yesterday, Jessa loves her body-con tops, and was weaing them up until around the time Jinger announced her engagement. I said that she was doing that one purpose until she was released to announce the pregnancy. She had also been unusally quiet on social media. I expect the selfies to return in full force now that the cat is out of the bag. 

1 minute ago, nst said:

no - are you positive 

because I swear nothing is ever planned with these people 

are you sure i can climb back from the rock 

i have another story - Michelle was in the room when Mrs Seewald gave birth 

it's half true 

:pb_lol: No of course not.  Planning implies some sort of intelligence.

As the saying goes even a broken clock is right twice a day..........

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Well, the announcement certainly was. As I noted yesterday, Jessa loves her body-con tops, and was weaing them up until around the time Jinger announced her engagement. I said that she was doing that one purpose until she was released to announce the pregnancy. She had also been unusally quiet on social media. I expect the selfies to return in full force now that the cat is out of the bag. 

well ever since these two figured out they get paid (I think) when you click on their damn blog

they link their social media to their bloody blog 

the selfies will be roaring in a couple of hours guarantee it - ok I don't - but still :D 

not to mention congrats videos from everyone 

2 minutes ago, shock928 said:

Not too surprised.

(I have 2 kids 12 months apart- almost 1 & 2... about to have a 3rd 13 months apart from the last one. Not quiver full. Was on the pill, somehow it happened this way- So here's my thoughts lol)

On Jessa: She has a lot of help nearby. Mechelle and the compound are close right? Also- Ben is around most of the time. She has a roll call of babysitters if need be. That being said she WILL be surprised at how much more work two is than one. It's a little more work to get to that fundie taco place with two as a couple instead of just one.

I have no family or friends in this state- and I am constantly moving. Haven't had a break in a LOOOONG time. Can't afford a baby-sitter. Things are different from one child. 

Throw in being pregnant again though- Jessa is in for a rough wake up call when she's 7 months along and Spud is running around everywhere and she can't nap whenever she wants anymore. But again, she has a whole compound of babysitters. I hemorrhaged so badly with my first I nearly died, and from what I heard she hemorrhaged too. So if she doesn't go to the hospital this time it will be completely irresponsible to her family and poor Spud. DON'T TAKE CHANCES WITH DEATH AND LEAVING YOUR CHILD MOTHERLESS. That will really really really piss me off if that happens. I took myself to the hospital the second time (EVEN with our barely 11 month old in her carseat because i went into labor early. I wasn't toying with death not in the hospital again)- and I will take myself again with my third.

Please for the LOVE JESSA please go to the hospital. Nobody wants to see a tragedy. Seriously. Safe pregnancy, mom and baby. 

My thoughts on Jill. I think Dullard is possibly 1. Taking Zika seriously or 2. Realizing how hard parenting is with NO HELP and a compound of babysitters. 3. She had a tough labor- and maybe it's still a factor because of the lack of medical care where they are right now. 4. I don't see them having a baby there.... 5. Maybe she has gotten VERY good at Natural Family Planning, and they have made a (JAW DROP) educated decision not to risk a possible c-section birth in another country, taken the Zika threat seriously, and realized parenting is 24/7 work without a compound of babysitters.

Just my two cents. If Jessa continues the baby train I at least hope she takes her and baby's safety more seriously this time.

No one has suspected Derick of not having super sperm yet. Remember, unlike all of his inlaws, he's not from a supersized family; his fertility may be just "normal," and they just happened to luck out the first time. It happens all the time. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ok that is funny! It happens.  Just be grateful he wasn't drinking from the toilet. My friends oldest did that when he was about 2, he was like what the dog does it.  We were both torn between hysterical laughter and throwing up.  That poor boy had to wash his face and hands like 3 times she brushed his teeth for nearly 10 minutes, gave him some watered down Listerine to "rinse" with, and then the poor kid had to have a bath. Then she wondered why he was so scared of the toilet after that.  

my husband put a light bulb in the toilet as a kid (don't ask how he got ahold of one). because it sat in there just right, his dad had to take the whole toilet out to remove it!

29 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Once again we have Jessa & Ben saying they were "surprised" about this pregnancy, especially because they still want to adopt.

How is anyone who doesn't use birth control and "leaving it up to God" surprised? Do you not understand how this works?

We'll be hearing about her being surprised and still not able to adopt in like 20 years. Just quit it, we know you never will!

It occurs to me that they truly believe that God will stop them from getting pregnant IF they are meant to adopt.  it is like people saying praying worked for a dying person. Maybe it did maybe it didn't. I never mock people asking for prayers in desperate situations, Praying  doesn't hurt anyone and if it helps make the person asking feel better then it worked IMO.  Sometimes it's all you've got. But these people truly do believe that God will either let them have a kid or not. 

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

No one has suspected Derick of not having super sperm yet. Remember, unlike all of his inlaws, he's not from a supersized family; his fertility may be just "normal," and they just happened to luck out the first time. It happens all the time. 

I have somewhat low to moderate hopes for the Dullards (as opposed to none at all). He isn't wearing the polo shirt/chino uniform, his man bun is glorious ;) and he is, regardless of what we think of the missionary field, out there doing something. He doesn't appear to be 100% under JB's thumb (unlike Ben). Jill may be taking the lead from her 'headship' and they may be practicing NFP even if it's just to space the kids out a little or to avoid the Zika issue.

Or she could already be pregnant and I'm talking utter rubbish ;) 

2 minutes ago, karen77 said:

my husband put a light bulb in the toilet as a kid (don't ask how he got ahold of one). because it sat in there just right, his dad had to take the whole toilet out to remove it!

Thank God I'm married to a plumber for just such emergencies. 

Just now, AlwaysExcited said:

In case B&J are having twins, there are Calvinist theologians named Stonehouse and Barnhouse.

I kinda like the ring of Barnhouse Thomas Seewald

I think she gave away the fact she's having a singleton with the "doubling" sign. It's referring to the number of kids, not the size of the entire family (that would mean she's having triplets). 

If they do pick a fairly normal name, I'm imagining them putting two names together with a hyphen. I'm also imagining it sounding awful. Like Job-Boaz or Abraham-Benjamin.

2 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I remember putting uncooked rice down the drain in the garage sink (don't ask why; I have no idea; maybe just to see what happened?) as a wee lass. Needless to say, Mom wasn't too pleased with my shenanigans. 

13 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Is anyone speculating about Michael having been married for a whole year with NO quiver in her full or full in her quiver? 

There has been brief discussion on the thread for the Keilens in Quiver Full of Bates. However, it's been very limited - Michael and Brandon are relatively private people who have not discussed any real or potential issues publicly. As such, I think they do deserve a bit of privacy on the matter.

Woke up, showered, got onto FJ, and I see this. I am honestly surprised because I stupidly assumed Jessa didn't want to rush another baby with Spud so young.

Checklist:

1. Jinger getting engaged. Check.

2. One of the women gets pregnant. Check.

3. Jinger gets hitched. 

4. Another pregnancy, or two more.

Just now, season of life said:

Woke up, showered, got onto FJ, and I see this. I am honestly surprised because I stupidly assumed Jessa didn't want to rush another baby with Spud so young.

Checklist:

3. Jinger gets hitched. 

5. Josh fucks shit up again.

I helped. :pb_biggrin::dance:

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

There has been brief discussion on the thread for the Keilens in Quiver Full of Bates. However, it's been very limited - Michael and Brandon are relatively private people who have not discussed any real or potential issues publicly. As such, I think they do deserve a bit of privacy on the matter.

I wasn't sure I was just shocked to see that they had been married a year already and thought it odd she wasn't pregnant yet.  But I don't follow the Bates' that much so didn't realize how private they were. 

3 minutes ago, season of life said:

Checklist:

3. Jinger gets hitched. 

Another Courtship or 3.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ok that is funny! It happens.  Just be grateful he wasn't drinking from the toilet. My friends oldest did that when he was about 2, he was like what the dog does it.  We were both torn between hysterical laughter and throwing up.  That poor boy had to wash his face and hands like 3 times she brushed his teeth for nearly 10 minutes, gave him some watered down Listerine to "rinse" with, and then the poor kid had to have a bath. Then she wondered why he was so scared of the toilet after that.  

If I were her I would be more worried about him spraying that air freshener or whatever in his eyes or mouth. Those sort or chemical things shouldn't be within a child's reach at all. Hope they don't leave dishwasher pods out too like too many people seem to do these days.

9 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I think she gave away the fact she's having a singleton with the "doubling" sign. It's referring to the number of kids, not the size of the entire family (that would mean she's having triplets). 

In the announcement on their website they said "Having Spurgeon has been such a wonderful blessing and we cannot wait to see the face of this sweet new baby (or babies!)."

My "expected to announce any day" category was more of a "wouldn't be surprised (or horrified *cough Anna *cough) if they were to announce tomorrow" As opposed to me speculating on who's already pregnant. Just for clarity. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived