IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

13 minutes ago, boston2495 said:

Omg, I remember him saying that and I crack up every time it gets brought up. I mean it's just SO absurd - can you even imagine Ben with 15 mini Bens in tow, all in their backwards baseball caps, all equally congested and spaced out?

Nightmares. 

Cackling at the imagery. Oh my word.

(Obviously my paint doodle is nothing compared to what I'm picturing... but you get the idea, lol)

ben and his 15 boys.png

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, mizandry said:

(Obviously my paint doodle is nothing compared to what I'm picturing... but you get the idea, lol)

ben and his 15 boys.png

Duggars (Seewalds) mix the Ardnts.

They have birthdays in all of the 12 months now. Before Baby Seewald #2, no one in the family had a February birthday. 

I think it's going to be another son for the Seewalds. If Jill gets pregnant, I am gonna assume a boy as well simply because less girls means less housework slaves.

2 minutes ago, hollywood said:

The world loves to annoy me so I'm sure it will be a girl.

this made me laugh out loud

so that's 15 months between her first and her second if it's born in Feb. 

Wow I expected that from Jill more than Jessa tbh, but I'm not surprised either way

how old is Spud -? November - August  9.5 

Jessa just said on a new video Spud was 7.5 months when she found out so 2 months ago when was that ? - June she find out ? so is she saying she conceived in May ie Father's day and Ben's birthday? are they doing that 2 week thing ? 

help - i am horrible with numbers 

Not surprised. She's a fundie, what did we expect? Like it seems a little weird to us that Jill hasn't announced Baby Dilly 2 yet, or that Michael and Brandon Keilen aren't yet parents, but in the real/secular/normal world this would be totally normal. 

Going back to what others have said... This could be revealing too much, but Ben is not much older than me. As in, less than two months older. I cannot imagine having two kids right now. I don't know if it's different because he's the younger one in the relationship by over two years. I know women can be older than guys in a relationship, but its because he's so young. The situation just seems so weird. I'm single right now, and anticipate being so for quite a while (social awkwardness). 

I found out I was pregnant with my Son when my Daughter was 7 months old. They are 16.5 months apart. So assuming she found out when he was 7.5 months and she found out early in, 16-17 months is about right.

I really wonder if they'll go with a more conventional name what with the backlash from everybody - hell, even her own siblings said it was weird and hard to call him that - or if they're happy to ride the Martyr Train to God Loves Us More junction with Spurgeon and new baby Crucifixion Calvin Seewald. 

I do think that on some level, Jessa is sincere about wanting to adopt... but there's pie-in-the-sky wanting where you'd be happy if the thing fell in your lap, and then there's the determined sort of wanting where you'll put in as much work as necessary to make the desired thing happen.

To me, Jessa's wanting regarding adoption seems to be more of the pie-in-the-sky type. She loves the fantasy image of all those little adopted babies, but she's not going to put in the effort and legwork it would take to bring an adoption to fruition in the real world. She and Ben are not going to make the tough (from their perspective) decision that they will take an intentional break from having biological offspring so they will have the ability to complete the adoption process. It will remain a daydream, because it doesn't matter how much Jessa wants it if they take no concrete steps to pursue bringing a child home.

Jessa talking about adoption is like a child playing house. She's not doing anything about it, and adopted babies don't just fall in your lap by magic, so it's not going to happen. I don't think she's lying - I just don't think she has the maturity to see that her fantasies are not something she's actually willing to work for.

I'll put Jessa's adoption on the same level as Sarah Maxwell getting married. It's never going to happen if you do nothing to MAKE it happen, but a girl can dream. Oh, and while you're dreaming, please keep up with the dog and pony show.

1 hour ago, mizandry said:

ben and his 15 boys.png

Oh. My. Goodness. 

OHMYGOODNESS. 

You win the Internet, @mizandry. Nothing the Duggars could ever do would top this in sheer horror caused, and that says quite a bit. I am dying. DYING. (Of laughter and the real fear that we could one day see this sight in real life...)

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Michelle was 21 with Josh - she turned 22 about 6 months after he was born. They married when she was 17 and she took birth control for the first four years of their marriage. 

Best thing she ever did

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I do think that on some level, Jessa is sincere about wanting to adopt... but there's pie-in-the-sky wanting where you'd be happy if the thing fell in your lap, and then there's the determined sort of wanting where you'll put in as much work as necessary to make the desired thing happen.

She wants to adopt like a 12 year old wants to adopt. "Ohhh the cute adorable wonderful babies that don't have mommies! I'll save them all!" But hasn't given it one iota of thought. I still think the only way any of the Duggars will ever adopt is if some knocked up fundy girl gives them her baby. No Duggar is going to have a brown baby! Can you imagine the sins that baby would carry from their parents!? (this is sarcasm about their beliefs, NOT my beliefs! just in case)

1 hour ago, season of life said:

They have birthdays in all of the 12 months now. Before Baby Seewald #2, no one in the family had a February birthday. 

I think it's going to be another son for the Seewalds. If Jill gets pregnant, I am gonna assume a boy as well simply because less girls means less housework slaves.

Baby isn't here yet! Don't count your February birthdays before they're born, says the mama whose babes were due mid-Feb and born barely into December.

I have to wonder if whoever they have that spies here and on Pickles (or her 'sources"...whatever) didn't kinda say "Hey there Jess?  Ummm people are on to you, so no point in trying to hide it anymore.  How about we time this just right ala the season premiere?"

Not shocked at all. Due in Feb puts her about 3 months along. I really hope she and Ben are bracing themselves because they're in for a hell of a  hard ride!

52 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Not surprised. She's a fundie, what did we expect? Like it seems a little weird to us that Jill hasn't announced Baby Dilly 2 yet, or that Michael and Brandon Keilen aren't yet parents, but in the real/secular/normal world this would be totally normal. 

Even fundies aren't immune to secondary infertility, primary infertility, and plain old not conceiving the second one as fast as you did the first. My parents got pregnant 4 times in two or so years (two early miscarriages, two children) then tried for 6 years before having  my other brother! Fertility is a total crap shoot sometimes, regardless of age.

Okay, I'm going to weigh in with my baby name predictions. My daughter keeps calling Spurgeon Smeagol, so it would be great if Bin and Jessa would call #2 Smeagol. 

Obviously that's not going to happen, so my real prediction will be Bunyan Mbewe Seewald for a boy and Jazmine Pink Seewald for a girl. Bunyan, Mbewe and Pink are all Reformed Baptist theologians, and I can just see Jessa being allowed to give the girl's first name.

8 hours ago, louisa05 said:

A friend of mine has 7 children ranging from 13 to 3. When the youngest was a baby, she commented that it was nice that the oldest two (twins, boy and girl) would pick her up when she was fussing and sooth her and such during the day. She was enjoying that little bit of extra help. 

I kind of wanted to explain to her that that oldest girl should have been doing that by the time she had number six, for heaven's sake...she was 6 years old then after all. And even then, at 10, she was letting her get away with not doing diapers or night feedings. Clearly, she has no idea how to raise good sister-moms. Probably because they don't have cable and she can't view the Duggars for instruction. 

Okay - I know that was sarcastic, but that is the same range of the five of us girls. Yes, my oldest sisters babysat and soothed me and such, but I did know who my mother was.

Also, when my younger sister was born when I was nine, I changed diapers.

ETA: I don't know what my point was, so just ignore and carry on...

2 hours ago, mizandry said:

ben and his 15 boys.png

... I hate you and love you for this...

... The nightmares are real... Hysterical nightmares where I can't understand a word they're saying... :pb_lol:

7 minutes ago, defraudedbychipendales said:

Okay - I know that was sarcastic, but that is the same range of the five of us girls. Yes, my oldest sisters babysat and soothed me and such, but I did know who my mother was.

Also, when my younger sister was born when I was nine, I changed diapers.

My friend did her time in evangelical culture so is sensitive to that stuff. She says her kids did not choose for the babies to be there, she and her husband did so it is all their job. 

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

But that's because (I'm assuming here) that your kids have lives away from home....school, sports, outside activities, friends, homework...I had 2 kids plus a PT job, and I lived in my car for about 12 straight years.

I'm going to be painfully honest here. If I were Michelle I'd be PO'd. Jessa could conceivably have 10 kids and never have a laundry room melt down because she has so many  J-Slaves at her disposal. Jana may as well get married because no matter what, she's never going to get out of childcare and infant duty. 

It will be interesting to see what they do when the kids get a bit older. The second generation Ds are more worldly. No more crunchy perms and frumpers. There are all sorts of Christian sports leagues these days, not to mention homeschool social groups. I am sure Jinger's boys will play soccer. In fact there have been teams in IWSL, (travel league in northern Illinois) put together by a local mega church. Footies never lose their passion for THE GAME. We have local Christian theater groups and many kids who participate are homeschooled. I think most of the Duggar kid's families will be less isolated.

7 hours ago, Ace3 said:

It is not. Should have written that one down. :tw_grimace:

It's Milo!

I was hoping it was Milo. It seems impossible to dislike a person named Milo.

2 hours ago, anotherone said:
9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Michelle was 21 with Josh - she turned 22 about 6 months after he was born. They married when she was 17 and she took birth control for the first four years of their marriage. 

Best thing she ever did

And ironically probably the thing she regrets the most. Especially since they never made it to that goal of 20. 

2 hours ago, twinmama said:

She wants to adopt like a 12 year old wants to adopt. "Ohhh the cute adorable wonderful babies that don't have mommies! I'll save them all!" But hasn't given it one iota of thought.

I'm not sure she even wants it to that level. The way they introduced the topic, it had a built-in cop-out with the agency's requirement that they not have other children younger than 9 months. I know I wasn't the only one who said at the time that they'd be announcing another pregnancy once Spurge got to that age. And now the clock sets back to zero. People are always asking them about adoption, and it hurts their brand to sound negative about it. 

Baby isn't here yet! Don't count your February birthdays before they're born, says the mama whose babes were due mid-Feb and born barely into December.

Feb is undefiled by Duggars? That makes me ao happy!!! I hope that lasts a bit longer, it's a very special month in my family. We have 8 birthdays in the first 5 days (including mine ) of Feb.

Even fundies aren't immune to secondary infertility, primary infertility, and plain old not conceiving the second one as fast as you did the first. My parents got pregnant 4 times in two or so years (two early miscarriages, two children) then tried for 6 years before having  my other brother! Fertility is a total crap shoot sometimes, regardless of age.

Actually, yeah, that's true. To be honest I was making a sweeping generalisation, so apologies for that.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived