IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Yeah, to me this is the least attention grabby way to do it, in regards to Jinger. Jessa waited a bit after Jinger's engagement announcement, but if she'd kept not announcing everyone would have kept speculating about it, and if she waited until she was too big not to tell people, it would be right as Jinger was getting married and then she'd get shit for that.

Agreed. And you can't really consider pregnancy an intentional attention grabbing ploy for healthy young couples that refuse to use any sort of birth control. There will be pregnancies all the time. I'm frankly surprised that it took this long for another one for the family. JB and Michelle had to be getting worried about what their married kids were (not) up to with no pregnancies for this long. Jill or Anna should have beaten her. 

Hannie is the aunt-mom, probably.  Then again, Jordyn is almost 8, and she'll be 8 by the time the baby shows up, so maybe.

I have a daughter who is 2 months younger than Jordyn, and a baby due in January.  Maybe I should force my daughter into sister-mom duties and see how it works out?  I'm actually not that surprised about this announcement but I guess it means that Jinger won't be getting married in February.

Just now, louisa05 said:

Agreed. And you can't really consider pregnancy an intentional attention grabbing ploy for healthy young couples that refuse to use any sort of birth control. There will be pregnancies all the time. I'm frankly surprised that it took this long for another one for the family. JB and Michelle had to be getting worried about what their married kids were (not) up to with no pregnancies for this long. Jill or Anna should have beaten her. 

You would think so, but Jill still got torn apart for publicly announcing her first pregnancy so early and around the time Jessa got engaged (I want to say about 6 days after).... Even though they likely had the interview and photos with People ready to go before Ben and Jessa announced their engagement. 

(Also of note - the fact that Ben and Jessa knew Jill was pregnant the day after they got a positive pregnancy test and may have known about the magazine story ahead of time. It never makes sense to me why people would assume the Dills purposely stole the spotlight or that the Seewalds would have been pissed at them for the timing. Happy news tends to overlap a lot when the kids get older, especially in big families.)

I'm not surprised in the least. They're young and appear to be fertile - it was bound to happen sooner rather than later. I hope Jessa has a safe and healthy pregnancy.

I can't help but think that having this baby is going to be something of a shock to the Seewalds. Yes, it's their second, but they were in an extremely unusual situation with their first where both parents could be home essentially full-time with the one baby for an indefinite period of time with the money they needed to support themselves just rolling in with a minimum of effort. With a newborn and a toddler in the house, the comfy 2 to 1 caregiver to child ratio is going to disappear, and I think they're going to find it a lot harder, especially with the kids in two very needy but different stages. 

I'm glad they aren't going to adopt in the near future. I don't think they have the maturity for it.

47 minutes ago, nst said:

no they aren't normal - ben said in the video that he is excited spud will teach the kid life lessons 

"Lesson number one: OK, here's the directions to the local registrar so you can legally change your name to something less ridiculous the second you turn 18".

Well, it's all falling into place. Baby announcement today, season premiere tonight. *eyeroll*

I agree with pretty much everyone on this thread. Hopefully baby #2 will be a big reality check.

And I can't help but be happy this pregnancy will probably stop any adoption procedures they had going (if they are really doing that and it's not a publicity thing).

Not surprised at all, I hope she has nothing but boys! Only 6 months to get preggo, Jessa is gonna beat Michelle by a mile, I see it coming. 

1 minute ago, BabyBottlePop said:

And I can't help but be happy this pregnancy will probably stop any adoption procedures they had going (if they are really doing that and it's not a publicity thing).

Something tells me if they were adopting, they'd be doing it through some fundie group that would encourage them to take on more than they can handle, without regard for them having 2 under 2 biological kids...

And like everyone else, hopefully this becomes a reality check. Though I suspect it'll take more like 3-4 kids for that, when they start to see diminishing returns (publicity, money) on the announcements. Either way, hopefully they're safe about the pregnancy and birth with this one so everyone turns out healthy.

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

You would think so, but Jill still got torn apart for publicly announcing her first pregnancy so early and around the time Jessa got engaged (I want to say about 6 days after).... Even though they likely had the interview and photos with People ready to go before Ben and Jessa announced their engagement. 

(Also of note - the fact that Ben and Jessa knew Jill was pregnant the day after they got a positive pregnancy test and may have known about the magazine story ahead of time. It never makes sense to me why people would assume the Dills purposely stole the spotlight or that the Seewalds would have been pissed at them for the timing. Happy news tends to overlap a lot when the kids get older, especially in big families.)

Obviously, I know that people think that. I was just pointing out that it is pretty stupid to make that assumption. The only reason is to pretend there is drama. Which I suppose, given how boring the show is (and always has been) feels necessary if one is to keep watching it. 

You want intentional attention grabbing by a sibling. I give you my sister-in-law's stunt upon the news of our engagement and impending June wedding, this happened just a bit less than 8 years ago: 

She moved her loser boyfriend into her house (without her landlord's knowledge which almost resulted in her eviction) and announced to the world that they were engaged. Once we set our wedding date for early June, she then set a May wedding date, just a few weeks before it and bragged to everyone that people would be so "wedding-ed out" after hers that ours would be an after thought. She posted their alleged wedding date in her business for the whole town to see. She upstaged any discussion of our wedding with bragging about how great hers was going to be. 

There was one problem: the potential groom didn't really know this was going on. (He was an alcoholic and gambling addict immersed in his own world and using her for sex and a free place to live). At Christmas that year, she bought herself an engagement ring and diamond necklace, wrapped it up and put it under the tree with "from BF" on the gift tag. This was when he, awkwardly, realized that all of her getting married talk was serious. He took off to Arizona just before New Year's Eve and she hasn't seen him since. She did however miss the cash he stole from her and meet his bookie who wanted paid. 

Of course, she then spend months wanting everyone to participate in mourning her tragically broken engagement. It was her fourth broken engagement, although the first three were much more conventional in that the men actually proposed and were aware of the proceedings. 

That my friends is how you dramatically try to upstage your sibling's engagement. 

14 minutes ago, Julifornia said:

Hannie is the aunt-mom, probably.  Then again, Jordyn is almost 8, and she'll be 8 by the time the baby shows up, so maybe.

I have a daughter who is 2 months younger than Jordyn, and a baby due in January.  Maybe I should force my daughter into sister-mom duties and see how it works out?  I'm actually not that surprised about this announcement but I guess it means that Jinger won't be getting married in February.

Your daughter is almost 8? Well of course! I hope you're planning to turn new baby over to her right at 6 months old. What 8 year old needs to sleep through the night ?  Shoooooot. 

8?? She needs to be making bottles, changing diapers and supervising that baby at all times. 

We expect full reports!!

Just thought of something. 

Constantly having these dangerous home births could result in reduced fertility or infertility or maternal death! 

We will have to see what route Jessa goes. If she doesn't go to a hospital, I will be furious at her and her family's utter stupidity. JB can afford a freaking hospital bill! To be that cheap where lives are involved is sickening.

Also, Spurg's face: 

"Aww, fuck, not this again."

image.png

6 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Obviously, I know that people think that. I was just pointing out that it is pretty stupid to make that assumption. The only reason is to pretend there is drama. Which I suppose, given how boring the show is (and always has been) feels necessary if one is to keep watching it. 

You want intentional attention grabbing by a sibling. I give you my sister-in-law's stunt upon the news of our engagement and impending June wedding, this happened just a bit less than 8 years ago: 

She moved her loser boyfriend into her house (without her landlord's knowledge which almost resulted in her eviction) and announced to the world that they were engaged. Once we set our wedding date for early June, she then set a May wedding date, just a few weeks before it and bragged to everyone that people would be so "wedding-ed out" after hers that ours would be an after thought. She posted their alleged wedding date in her business for the whole town to see. She upstaged any discussion of our wedding with bragging about how great hers was going to be. 

There was one problem: the potential groom didn't really know this was going on. (He was an alcoholic and gambling addict immersed in his own world and using her for sex and a free place to live). At Christmas that year, she bought herself an engagement ring and diamond necklace, wrapped it up and put it under the tree with "from BF" on the gift tag. This was when he, awkwardly, realized that all of her getting married talk was serious. He took off to Arizona just before New Year's Eve and she hasn't seen him since. She did however miss the cash he stole from her and meet his bookie who wanted paid. 

Of course, she then spend months wanting everyone to participate in mourning her tragically broken engagement. It was her fourth broken engagement, although the first three were much more conventional in that the men actually proposed and were aware of the proceedings. 

That my friends is how you dramatically try to upstage your sibling's engagement. 

I feel bad for laughing at that story a bit. It's just SO over the top dramatic - it sounds like something from a sitcom, not actual life. I'm actually slightly impressed by the amount of effort she must have exerted to make such a mess. I hope you and husband had a wonderful wedding and she didn't proceed to fake labor or something in the middle of your vows.

(And I totally get your point too.)

Maybe Jessa will name this baby since Ben named little Spurgie. They could flip-flop with each baby. Think about it... Spurgeon, Milo, Heistheway, Eliza..... What a nice family they'll be. 

Is R C Sproul a Calvinist evangelist?

Doesn't "our two little boys, Spurgeon and Sproul" have a nice ring to it?

So this pregnancy is almost destined to overlap with either a Jill or Jinger pregnancy, who are also likely to overlap with each other. Figure in Anna (not as fertile and also unlikely to want much alone time with that pig she calls her husband, but still QF) and another marriage likely next year, and I think that we just wrapped up the longest Duggar pregnancy drought for a very, very long time - 6 months.

It was fun while it lasted, folks.

8 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Your daughter is almost 8? Well of course! I hope you're planning to turn new baby over to her right at 6 months old. What 8 year old needs to sleep through the night ?  Shoooooot. 

8?? She needs to be making bottles, changing diapers and supervising that baby at all times. 

We expect full reports!!

A friend of mine has 7 children ranging from 13 to 3. When the youngest was a baby, she commented that it was nice that the oldest two (twins, boy and girl) would pick her up when she was fussing and sooth her and such during the day. She was enjoying that little bit of extra help. 

I kind of wanted to explain to her that that oldest girl should have been doing that by the time she had number six, for heaven's sake...she was 6 years old then after all. And even then, at 10, she was letting her get away with not doing diapers or night feedings. Clearly, she has no idea how to raise good sister-moms. Probably because they don't have cable and she can't view the Duggars for instruction. 

I don't mind if you all point and laugh at the childless person here, but how is looking after 2 kids harder than 1. Especially if one of those is a new baby. I've got friends who have kids and new babies don't seem to do much, they sleep a lot, need nappy changes and feeding but that's about it.

1 hour ago, ljohnson2006 said:

I'm predicting we will have a Jill, Jessa, Jinger and Anna pregnancy picture in no time. Although if I were Anna, I'd go on birth control. Why would she want to procreate with that sleaze bag again?

If I were Anna I'd go with abstinence............. and Divorce.  

Not surprised by the news at all. Happy that it puts a stop to any adoption through legitimate means.

Just like others, I suspect some pregnancy overlap with Jill and/or Jinger. And probably her "bestie" Sierra too. Hopefully not Anna though.

5 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

I don't mind if you all point and laugh at the childless person here, but how is looking after 2 kids harder than 1. Especially if one of those is a new baby. I've got friends who have kids and new babies don't seem to do much, they sleep a lot, need nappy changes and feeding but that's about it.

Speaking as a parent of 1 ;) One of my friends told me she found the step between 1 and 2 much harder than going from 2 to 3. Something about constantly being a referee and breaking up fights and stuff. MiniCoveredInBees slept a lot but it was only seemingly in the daytime and when she was awake she screamed blue murder......... Once she hit 3 months and stopped being nocturnal things got a lot better.

7 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

Try looking after a busy little toddler when you have been awake most of the night with a fussy baby!!!!

I did it and survived but it is hard. Worth it but hard without help.

I hope baby 2 isn't born between 2/22 -2/28 so I don't share a birthday.... Intentionally being vague about my birthday ;)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived