IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

When someone like Trump is in the picture I imagine there is a whole lotta praying for politics  (and common sense!) going on all across the US

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/7/2016 at 7:32 PM, Jessalyn said:

This girl I know just recently named her new born son Kal-El.... As in superman

Me and my Bf are debating on weather this is worse or better than Spurgeon

Spurgeon might be more accepted If he stays fundie as he grows, he can marry a Calvina or something

But then again, Kal-El could just move to utah and fit right in

I've had 3 or 4 Kalel's in my 10ish years of child care... And a couple of more as middle names. None were hyphenated though

I checked my kids class list today while labeling treat sacks for everyone. There are 22 kids, 2 of them had "normal" names, Zack and Issac. There were a ton of crazy names, some hyphenated. My kid's name is a lastname of a popular rockstar who was pretty "imaginative":kitty-wink:, I didn't count his name as normal. It is easy to spell, pronounce and is pretty familiar to most people, but it is different. 

Went off on a tangent, but there is an Auhnestie in his class. (I spelled it wrong...well, the wrong kind of wrong.) Whoever made that video made me laugh pretty hard while labeling her treat sack. It's ok, we gave her an extra sticker.:pb_lol:

I want to clarify, the different names belong to kids of all skin tones and cultural backgrounds.

I was worried my post may have been interpreted in a way I didn't intend. 

:pb_confused:

When someone like Trump is in the picture I imagine there is a whole lotta praying for politics  (and common sense!) going on all across the US

While I do agree completely about Trump, churches shouldn't be praying for or against specific candidates, or at the very least they shouldn't be preaching politics from the pulpit.

I have zero issue with praying for a president in general. That he may make wise decisions, that he will not be shot, etc. knock yourself out.

But if you get up in front of everyone and lead them in a group prayer that a specific candidate should win or lose? That's what I have an issue with.

Praying against Trump in the privacy of your own home, though, is a different story, and I realize now that that's probably what you meant.

On 9/6/2016 at 7:36 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Personally I'm rooting for Zwingli, or maybe some wacky Puritan name like Resolved or Thou-Shalt-Not-Commit-Adultery (little dig at Smuggar, of course).

Only if someone gives them a free copy of "Good Omens". 

On 9/8/2016 at 2:16 PM, Fundie Bunny said:

I am deeply confused about this post

I'm just going to assume that he's doing a longer-winded version of "oh, I'll pray for you", which is like "bless your heart" but even more judgey.

On September 9, 2016 at 1:05 AM, bingbangboom said:

I checked my kids class list today while labeling treat sacks for everyone. There are 22 kids, 2 of them had "normal" names, Zack and Issac. There were a ton of crazy names, some hyphenated. <b>My kid's name is a lastname of a popular rockstar who was pretty "imaginative":kitty-wink:, I didn't count his name as normal. It is easy to spell, pronounce and is pretty familiar to most people, but it is different. </b>

Went off on a tangent, but there is an Auhnestie in his class. (I spelled it wrong...well, the wrong kind of wrong.) Whoever made that video made me laugh pretty hard while labeling her treat sack. It's ok, we gave her an extra sticker.:pb_lol:

You may say I'm a dreamer... (Did I guess right?)

It kills me when I see terrible names. I once met a kid named ESPN. He was wearing an NFL jersey. I'm a photographer and it was picture day. I see a lot of... Interesting creations...

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived