IGNORED

S'morton Bret Alan Smith Jailed (2)

SpoonfulOSugar

1 hour ago, cami said:

Jacqueline Lea smith is back on Facebook ... Did anyone see this which she posted on July 3rd (before she deactivated her account I guess)

FYI: our justice system has its peculiarities.  Take GA, for instance. You can deal drugs, flee from an officer, be cruel to a child, engage in arson, assault a person, stalk, or burglarize, & you get bail set promptly.  However, if you violate probation or get accused of molesting a child, you won't be walking free no matter how much money your family can scrape up. And to make it all really odd, you can actually get a 14 year old girl pregnant (we're talking full-blown sex, verifiable with a DNA test), & as long as you're not over 18, nobody even cares. No call for jail time. No outrage at all. We call you a "minor." I wanna know how you can get a girl pregnant and not be a man?

So if two 14-year olds have sex  and the girl gets pregnant, the girl is a girl but the boy is a man?

Only the male adulthood is determined by their fertility?

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fundiedom? Of course.

These are ppl who offer up their 17yo daughters to marry men they've never been allowed to have a decent conversation with.

I'm reading this as "why does my child rapist relative have to go to jail when children have sex with each other all the time? What's the big deal??" which is to say I'm reading this as "I'm the most terrible kind of person!"

Yeah my first thought was that she writes like it's a bad thing that child molesters won't get promptly released.

I read that before she pulled FB. Of course, at the time I didn't know about her son, so nothing clicked; she has a tendency to ramble sometimes like she is making some profound comments when it's really just her fundie ranting, so I brush past so much.

I agree it reads as though she doesn't think her son should be in jail for incestually raping a child. And, truth be told, I expected nothing less from the Smiths. Their view of the world, and sex, is really badly fucked up and to be honest, no female is safe with that way of thinking. Not even their own family.

She clearly separates 'being cruel to a child' and 'accused of molesting a child' - that says a hell of a lot about Smithland.

I hope Alan is convicted and locked up forever. That'll give them something to whine about for the rest of their lives and maybe then they'll stay out of the business of trying to tell families how to raise their children - clearly, they are failures at that.

And, she clearly doesn't grasp the biggest difference between molestation of a child and sex between teenagers and that is consent. If two teenagers willingly having sex and the girl getting pregnant is consequence of choice made by the two involved; whether they are mature enough for that choice or not. A grown man molesting a child - well, people with normal brains and hearts need no explanation to see how and why that is wrong.

42 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I read that before she pulled FB. Of course, at the time I didn't know about her son, so nothing clicked; she has a tendency to ramble sometimes like she is making some profound comments when it's really just her fundie ranting, so I brush past so much.

I agree it reads as though she doesn't think her son should be in jail for incestually raping a child. And, truth be told, I expected nothing less from the Smiths. Their view of the world, and sex, is really badly fucked up and to be honest, no female is safe with that way of thinking. Not even their own family.

She clearly separates 'being cruel to a child' and 'accused of molesting a child' - that says a hell of a lot about Smithland.

I hope Alan is convicted and locked up forever. That'll give them something to whine about for the rest of their lives and maybe then they'll stay out of the business of trying to tell families how to raise their children - clearly, they are failures at that.

And, she clearly doesn't grasp the biggest difference between molestation of a child and sex between teenagers and that is consent. If two teenagers willingly having sex and the girl getting pregnant is consequence of choice made by the two involved; whether they are mature enough for that choice or not. A grown man molesting a child - well, people with normal brains and hearts need no explanation to see how and why that is wrong.

I love your last sentence <3

It seems like it would be so obvious, right?

4 minutes ago, snowgirl said:

I love your last sentence <3

It seems like it would be so obvious, right?

Same. Its like they have been raised in the fundie version of NAMBLA.

Their reaction could have been blessing; that 'Jesus let it happen' and its a 'blessing', blah blah blah. 

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

I agree it reads as though she doesn't think her son should be in jail for incestually raping a child.

But I bet if it was not her son but, say,  a gay parent's  atheist offspring  who was in jail, then raping a child would be considered a dreadful crime and evidence  that everyone outside their cult is evil and needs to be locked up. 

i was wondering why they weren't covering it up...i'm sure they would have...but they couldn't. i hope his fellow inmates know what he's in for...

4 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

But I bet if it was not her son but, say,  a gay parent's  atheist offspring  who was in jail, then raping a child would be considered a dreadful crime and evidence  that everyone outside their cult is evil and needs to be locked up. 

Yep.

Makes one seriously, and sickeningly, wonder what their 'protecting your children' business venture entails.

"Keep your kids away from the evil government, trans people, gay people, Catholics, Muslims, teachers, coaches, everyone not like you to keep them safe and protected" - but, "if someone in your own family molests your child remember, it's not nearly as sinful as a 14 (or 15, or 16 or 17) year old boy getting a 14 year old girl pregnant."

55 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Makes one seriously, and sickeningly, wonder what their 'protecting your children' business venture entails.

"Protecting your kid from going to jail when he/she has raped and molested a child".

Would be interesting to know what kind of family clashes there have been during the past weeks behind the scenes since as far as we know, Kressant, Rachel, and Bethany are supporting Katie, not Alan.

Have I missed something, about where Jackie Smith is defending Alan? Or are we going off of the lack of any info from her FB page?

5 minutes ago, Newtothis said:

Have I missed something, about where Jackie Smith is defending Alan? Or are we going off of the lack of any info from her FB page?

If you back on her timeline, the FYI in the quote at the top of the page is from Jackie's facebook.

5 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

If you back on her timeline, the FYI in the quote at the top of the page is from Jackie's facebook.

Ooooh, I didn't look back far enough. Thanks for straightening me out. 

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

And her logic doesn't even make sense. If she is wondering why a 17 year old boy/man who impregnates a 14 year old doesn't go to jail, then shouldn't we be at least as harsh with a 32 year old married, totally grown ass man accused of molesting a minor? 

I think in Georgia the age of consent is 16, but there's a "Romeo and Juliet" provision where, if the victim is between 14 and 16 years old and the defendant is no more than four years older than the victim, and not over 18, then the crime is only a misdemeanor charge, unless it was a forcible rape.  But Jackie is missing the point--that here we have a grown-ass man charged with incest, not a couple of horny teens!

I have a feeling Jacquie, and all the Smiths, regularly and consistently miss the point. No matter the topic or situation; even the point of their beloved bible verses is lost in Bret's bastardized interpretations.

I think Jackie just dropped another bombshell. What's the deal with a pregnant 14 year old? Why the added detail about a DNA test? I don't think she was using that as a random example. There are too many details.

There are so many layers to the Smith family and, apparently, their crimes.

I was just thinking about her July 2nd post, the one we've been referencing. I think it may actually be referring to the Daniel Sheats situation rather than Alan. Sheats was arrested 6/27, according to that mug shot link. Bret made the post about the gofundme on 7/4. Jacquie's post was on 7/2.

Alan wasn't arrested until 7/25., according to the Moultrie article.

Jacquie's post gives scary insight into what Daniel Sheats was arrested for - probation violation and/or child molestation - or both. A month later, her son was arrested for incest, molestation and raping a child.

The Smith family (and their extended relations) are a dark, dark bunch.

And...what you said @RosyDaisy, she dropped another bomb. Somewhere within the tangled web, two teenagers had sex and the girl got pregnant. They took DNA tests to prove it. The fact that she lumps that in with molestation is mind boggling, and creepy; and the fact that she refers to 'full blown actual sex' as something to clarify...is that to separate it from molestation? Like, molesting a child is fine if it's not full blown, DNA verifiable sex?

What a tangled, ugly, dark web they weave.

4 hours ago, Newtothis said:

I agree with this and was getting ready to say this . . .  .IF he is guilty I hope he confesses and justice is served.  However, if he is NOT guilty I would pray he would defend himself and fight like hell.  I am quite sure his family would not defend ANYONE who would harm a child.  With their adoptions, their love for their children and grandchildren and what adopted children have previously been through there is no way that the Smith family would tolerate molestation from anyone.  The problem is people are wrongly accused. SOmetimes people will take a plea because they don't have the money . . . and it is the wrong reason.  I am sorry that people seem to "hate" the Smiths so much or other "fundie" families but I will say that I do think this HAS caused a "jaded" view.

10 hours ago, uber frau said:

In fundiedom? Of course.

These are ppl who offer up their 17yo daughters to marry men they've never been allowed to have a decent conversation with.

ugh seriously - this is what you think?  

44 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

I think I hate her. 

That is all. 

yep -without even knowing her - makes a whole lot of sense to me

48 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

There are so many layers to the Smith family and, apparently, their crimes.

I was just thinking about her July 2nd post, the one we've been referencing. I think it may actually be referring to the Daniel Sheats situation rather than Alan. Sheats was arrested 6/27, according to that mug shot link. Bret made the post about the gofundme on 7/4. Jacquie's post was on 7/2.

Alan wasn't arrested until 7/25., according to the Moultrie article.

Jacquie's post gives scary insight into what Daniel Sheats was arrested for - probation violation and/or child molestation - or both. A month later, her son was arrested for incest, molestation and raping a child.

The Smith family (and their extended relations) are a dark, dark bunch.

And...what you said @RosyDaisy, she dropped another bomb. Somewhere within the tangled web, two teenagers had sex and the girl got pregnant. They took DNA tests to prove it. The fact that she lumps that in with molestation is mind boggling, and creepy; and the fact that she refers to 'full blown actual sex' as something to clarify...is that to separate it from molestation? Like, molesting a child is fine if it's not full blown, DNA verifiable sex?

What a tangled, ugly, dark web they weave.

haha -you think that gives insight?  seriously - well IF Daniel was arrested for the same thing where are the articles?  Yup that's right no articles.  Check out his family on FB - real nice family, business owner with IMPECCABLE references - try google - works well.  No, I think you people need to stop your guessing . . . although seems like you have a lot of fun!  

16 minutes ago, oldsalty said:

haha -you think that gives insight?  seriously - well IF Daniel was arrested for the same thing where are the articles?  Yup that's right no articles.  Check out his family on FB - real nice family, business owner with IMPECCABLE references - try google - works well.  No, I think you people need to stop your guessing . . . although seems like you have a lot of fun!  

I have no idea what he was arrested for but seriously? Knowing that someone is a business owner or that his family looks nice on FB would tell me absolutely nothing about whether he is a child  molester or not.

7 hours ago, fundiefan said:

The key thing here is fundies idea of consent.  In Fundy homes where children are considered owned at time of birth, under the patriarchal umbrella of protection until the Father says otherwise, (either by leaving home as an adult male or being given away to another man), blanket trained, told what to think feel, say, believe; how to (and what) to eat, wear, read, play etc. your entire childhood, there is no such thing as consent.  It is a parent's main job, other than providing love and care, to teach their child how to think, make good decisions, form their own opinions and learn how to take responsibilities for themselves.  A person who cannot think for themselves can never give consent.  Perhaps that is why Jacqueline is bothered.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived