IGNORED

S'morton Bret Alan Smith Jailed (2)

SpoonfulOSugar

1 minute ago, AmazonGrace said:

Yeah, like people whose agenda is to try and shit on victims of child sexual abuse and defend the perpetrators to protect their family image or something.

And like Captain Bret and his vile wife did for years as they tried to sell their version of religion to others. Misquoting - and misinterpreting - scripture put their adult daughters exactly where they are right now - in the Morton family. There was a clear and spoken agenda there, yet...somehow, that was missed by this Lisa chick. Because only some people get to use scripture for their own agenda and only some people get to misquote it.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and I don't care if she is an old lady I still think Grandma Scarlette is awful and looks like she is defending a rapist. I wouldn't want you near my kids.

3 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

And like Captain Bret and his vile wife did for years as they tried to sell their version of religion to others. Misquoting - and misinterpreting - scripture put their adult daughters exactly where they are right now - in the Morton family. There was a clear and spoken agenda there, yet...somehow, that was missed by this Lisa chick. Because only some people get to use scripture for their own agenda and only some people get to misquote it.

It's a simple matter. If you agree with me you are defending God's word. If you disagree with me, you are perverting scripture.

Leslie Roberts Pride and self righteousness are major problems in the church as a whole. Each of us should examine our own motives, our hearts, and our words. However if someone is going to post publicly on social media about not rebuking sin in other believers lives they should expect to be reproved by other believers using the Word of God. I appreciate your reminder to be in prayer and fasting as it is also something we are called to do

Rather than being limited to a single individual in an extended family, abuse tends to span across and down through generations. It's possible there's a lot of inter-generational denial going on here.

I wonder if Jacqueline will comment at all? or just Lisa do it for her...

Lisa Willis Jones The Bible has specific instructions on how to approach or rebuke sin if you honestly believe if it is there. Approaching it on facebook or social media isn't the place.

Lisa Willis Jones The original post was a general statement, it did not have a name attached.

Leslie Roberts Have you not repeatedly rebuked me as well as Rachel on social media? The difference is what exactly?

Lisa Willis Jones Wasn't rebuking, do you not know the difference?

Leslie Roberts Evidently you don't either. I have specifically and repeatedly said I am only correcting the misconception others might get from the original post, not referring to anyone or any sin

Lisa Willis Jones Just as before it appears that your dialogue really isn't as it appears but for a more underlying tactic. Again if going to use the cloak of righteousness you tread dangerous grounds.

Can someone grab the comment Lisa's lecture to Rachel? I can't do that from my phone or work computer...it's a doozie. And Lisa should be flogged.

I am actually enjoying the fundie cat fight.

It's a crap day at work and I am grateful for a distraction.

And what's better than fundies going at it with each other?

I don't recall ever seeing something like this among fundie women. It pains me to see Jackie sit back and allow this instead of deleting the whole thing. 

Your a fucking horrible mother Jackie.

1 minute ago, Grimalkin said:

I don't recall ever seeing something like this among fundie women. It pains me to see Jackie sit back and allow this instead of deleting the whole thing. 

And we know that she sees it, because she has repeatedly deleted comments. 

1 minute ago, Grimalkin said:

Your a fucking horrible mother Jackie.

This is actually completely normal for Jackie, I think. She's big on spewing shit but taking no responsibility for it. As is her husband. She learned well from her headship. It's master manipulation at its finest and I think it's clear to anyone who knows anything about the Smiths that they are experts in the field.

As far as the FB fighting, she's sitting back watching it, I guaranty it. Saying nothing, but taking in every word for future reference/use.

Nothing like a fundie catfight on a slow Friday... :) I'm rooting for Leslie, but damn, she needs some better arguments. Why is no one speaking out for the victim?  Why isnt' anyone quoting Matthew 18:16? 

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Here is what I find so amazing about Rachel's posts:  She is publicly disagreeing with her mother, and by extension she is publicly calling out her brother for what he's accused of.  Fundie's just don't do that,

It's probably just me, but I think the subtext of her FB posts is that she not only believes the charges against her brother, but that at this point she somehow knows they are true.

Imagine her feeling right now.  The golden boy, the oldest annointed son, raised by Cap'n Bret to believe he can do no wrong by virtue of having a penis -- is shown to not just have feet of clay but feet of tar pitch.

If Cap'n Bret can be wrong about Alan/ male supremacy/ and the rightness of the patriarchy, what else could he be wrong about?

I can see the whole thing causing a rift within the family.  Granny Scarlette, Jacqui and the Cap'n vociferously defending Alan and his innocence,. Saying the victim(s) is lying and that the ebil gubmint is persecuting them for their religious beliefs. Some of the Smith children will line up with the elders and some of them will be on the side of the victim for prosecution. Each side will declare and "know" they are right,

One, maybe 2, of them may quit the family altogether because of Cap'n B's hypocrisy. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived