IGNORED

S'morton Bret Alan Smith Jailed (2)

SpoonfulOSugar

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oldsalty said:

I am quite sure his family would not defend ANYONE who would harm a child.  With their adoptions, their love for their children and grandchildren and what adopted children have previously been through there is no way that the Smith family would tolerate molestation from anyone.  

You realize adopting children doesn't inoculate people from finding ways to justify abuse, don't you? It isn't like a fundie who believes terrible things would suddenly have less terrible beliefs just because they adopt. 

our justice system has its peculiarities.  Take GA, for instance. You can deal drugs, flee from an officer, be cruel to a child, engage in arson, assault a person, stalk, or burglarize, & you get bail set promptly.  However, if you violate probation or get accused of molesting a child, you won't be walking free no matter how much money your family can scrape up. And to make it all really odd, you can actually get a 14 year old girl pregnant (we're talking full-blown sex, verifiable with a DNA test), & as long as you're not over 18, nobody even cares. No call for jail time. No outrage at all. We call you a "minor." I wanna know how you can get a girl pregnant and not be a man?

And writing shit like this is a fucking huge red flag that perhaps they aren't as anti-child harm as you might think. 

4 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Is there a troll in the girls bathroom??!!!

Troll or fundie friend is my guess. 

11 minutes ago, violynn said:

The key thing here is fundies idea of consent.  In Fundy homes where children are considered owned at time of birth, under the patriarchal umbrella of protection until the Father says otherwise, (either by leaving home as an adult male or being given away to another man), blanket trained, told what to think feel, say, believe; how to (and what) to eat, wear, read, play etc. your entire childhood, there is no such thing as consent.  It is a parent's main job, other than providing love and care, to teach their child how to think, make good decisions, form their own opinions and learn how to take responsibilities for themselves.  A person who cannot think for themselves can never give consent.  Perhaps that is why Jacqueline is bothered.

You're right. The visible levels of wrong in these circles only scratch the surface.

If I ever forget that again I just need to remember the fact that Katie had never made a decision in her life until her father told her to decide if she wanted to marry Alan. And she couldn't decide, so daddy communed in nature with god til god told him Katie's decision should be yes. And, look where it got her.

I stand by my earlier statement that girls in these circles are in danger from day one.

However, if he is NOT guilty I would pray he would defend himself and fight like hell.  I am quite sure his family would not defend ANYONE who would harm a child.  With their adoptions, their love for their children and grandchildren and what adopted children have previously been through there is no way that the Smith family would tolerate molestation from anyone.  The problem is people are wrongly accused. SOmetimes people will take a plea because they don't have the money . . . and it is the wrong reason.  

haha -you think that gives insight?  seriously - well IF Daniel was arrested for the same thing where are the articles?  Yup that's right no articles.  Check out his family on FB - real nice family, business owner with IMPECCABLE references - try google - works well.  No, I think you people need to stop your guessing . . . although seems like you have a lot of fun!  

People, Fundie and not Fundie, defend family members who are child molesters all the time. Sometimes because they are in denial, sometimes because they don't want the family name tarnished. Sometimes because they are just really naive and don't understand the dynamics of sexual abuse and assume someone with a real nice family and who is a business owner with impeccable references can't be a child molester too.

And a little tip-- If you're gonna step onto the playground, you're gonna to need to bring some better skills than this.

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Troll or fundie friend is my guess. 

I vote for fundie friend who may be trolling. 

@oldsalty, interesting name.  Want to tell us how you know the families and can speak with such conviction about them?

17 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I vote for fundie friend who may be trolling. 

@oldsalty, interesting name.  Want to tell us how you know the families and can speak with such conviction about them?

Curious as well. 

You seem to be completely certain with what your saying @oldsalty as like you have an inside view. 

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Is there a troll in the girls bathroom??!!!

This person joined August 2 and has already given 19 down votes...I don't think they like us very much...hmmm

9 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

This person joined August 2 and has already given 19 down votes...I don't think they like us very much...hmmm

Well, if they are Fundie they definitely won't like us.  On the other hand, we have had many interesting conversations with Fundies who actually brave this site to give us relevant info, so I don't want to write this one off as a troll quite yet.  I appreciate the fundies who break ranks, TBH.  Although I hope I also call them out.

I want to see some explaining from @oldsalty though if they are going to make claims like that. 

Strangers dropping by to tell us we are getting everything wrong - X !!!!!111eleventy!11!!!!-  are not considered credible until they tell us how and why they think they know the TRUTH and can be believed !!!1111eleventy!!111.

@oldsalty - it doesn't have to be public.  Just contact an Admin or Mod (Helpmeet) with your creds.  They are VERY discrete and you won't be outed here.  You *might* get a stamp of approval though.

1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:

Interesting what was down voted. @oldsalty really took offensive to people mocking Captain Bret's music video skills. :think: 

By the way, I'm still trying to convince my husband that isn't some weird parody. He flat out refuses to believe that was done seriously. 

16 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Interesting what was down voted. @oldsalty really took offensive to people mocking Captain Bret's music video skills. :think: 

By the way, I'm still trying to convince my husband that isn't some weird parody. He flat out refuses to believe that was done seriously. 

Well an "old salt" means an experienced sailor...perhaps a captain? 

Just now, Gobsmacked said:

My husband just looks blank if I mention Fundies or anything Duggar. FJ is my private playground.

Im trying to pull Mr.NAI in since I spend a good bit of time reading here and on BlessedLittleBlog. He wants to understand but its a lot. So much between the Duggar, Shraders, SMortons and Nauglers... Where should I begin?? 14 Kids and Pregnant again? Or work backwards from the scandals? I feel like there needs to be a Fundies talk show/YouTube channel with all the latest news breaks. 

I forced my husband to watch that video. :laughing-jumpingpurple: He won't accept it isn't some sort of joke. 

I have watched the video several times because it makes me laugh. Captain Bret is so full of himself and the dancing/singing is just so awful. I still want to know who the target audience is for those sorts of videos. I don't even think the fundies I knew/know would watch that. 

18 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

::Coughs::  That thought had also crossed my mind! :mrgreen:

29 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

My husband just looks blank if I mention Fundies or anything Duggar. FJ is my private playground.

It's mine also.  I stumbled upon some of them I couldn't talk to anyone in my normal life. However, coming to Free Jinger allows me to talk about them. 

30 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

Humm....interesting.

More then likely has some connection with the family. 

I'm pretty sure we won't hear from @oldsalty again! 

Re: Jacqueline's fb suddenly reactivating - brets fb suddenly became very active in the last few days, including a post on their sons baptism. I wonder if something specific happened in the past few days to inspire the couple's sudden return to social media. 

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I have no idea what he was arrested for but seriously? Knowing that someone is a business owner or that his family looks nice on FB would tell me absolutely nothing about whether he is a child  molester or not.

My point EXACTLY no one has any idea what he was arrested.  And yes, I stand corrected FB would not tell us whether or not he was a child molester or not - I am reacting out that no one knows what Daniel did and this is all speculation.

3 hours ago, MamaB said:

Humm....interesting.

haha - no DEFINITELY not a captain!!!

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

::Coughs::  That thought had also crossed my mind! :mrgreen:

yeah i guess i did not pick my name too well - but I can assure you no, I am not a captain . .  . and NOT that captain.  

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

actually my problem is just how nasty everyone is . .  . . . I just was not aware that people are SOO nasty - but I remember I was on here years ago over someone else and I forgot I had to quit reading because it was just so bad and yep, will need to do that again - I cannot waste my time on this kind of stuff.  

3 hours ago, MamaB said:

Humm....interesting.

Yeah you won't hear much more from me as I am not going to waste my time on this kind of crap.  Not good for my health. 

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Well, if they are Fundie they definitely won't like us.  On the other hand, we have had many interesting conversations with Fundies who actually brave this site to give us relevant info, so I don't want to write this one off as a troll quite yet.  I appreciate the fundies who break ranks, TBH.  Although I hope I also call them out.

I want to see some explaining from @oldsalty though if they are going to make claims like that. 

Strangers dropping by to tell us we are getting everything wrong - X !!!!!111eleventy!11!!!!-  are not considered credible until they tell us how and why they think they know the TRUTH and can be believed !!!1111eleventy!!111.

@oldsalty - it doesn't have to be public.  Just contact an Admin or Mod (Helpmeet) with your creds.  They are VERY discrete and you won't be outed here.  You *might* get a stamp of approval though.

nope that is okay - no need.  I am not a fundie, I am not breaking ranks etc. etc.

@oldsalty, don't listen to them. I see what your saying, it's all a silly misunderstanding. This minor child lied! And it's only a girl, she prolly was asking for it, enticing him! Or maybe it was a boy. In that case the ancient Greeks did something similar. You know how much these people love the good ole days.

36 minutes ago, oldsalty said:

haha - no DEFINITELY not a captain!!!

yeah i guess i did not pick my name too well - but I can assure you no, I am not a captain . .  . and NOT that captain.  

actually my problem is just how nasty everyone is . .  . . . I just was not aware that people are SOO nasty - but I remember I was on here years ago over someone else and I forgot I had to quit reading because it was just so bad and yepl

You are not aware people are so nasty based on this thread?!? Where are you from? You certainly are not some shelterd fundie. 

2 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

@oldsalty, don't listen to them. I see what your saying, it's all a silly misunderstanding. This minor child lied! And it's only a girl, she prolly was asking for it, enticing him! Or maybe it was a boy. In that case the ancientOkay Greeks did something similar. You know how much these people love the good ole days.

okay let's back up here . .  I would not say a child is lying . . . I think it is HORRID if this was done.  However, I am a mother and if Alan were my son I would be devastated as a mother that he would do this to my grandchildren or any child.  I think to attack this family adn get off the topic (videos, speculation of other family members etc) is just not right .  On another note there are other instances of people who are accused and it was a lie but the child/children lied because they were threatened or bribed or "convinced" - I am not saying this happened in this circumstance . .  But I do personally know of other circumstances where this occurred.  

Can you please interpret what Jackie wrote on FB to me because it sounds like she is defending child molestation to me. Please give me a better explanation because I cannot grasp what she is saying.

Being devastated your child did this is one thing. Don't minimize it in cryptic FB posts.

5 minutes ago, oldsalty said:

okay let's back up here . .  I would not say a child is lying . . . I think it is HORRID if this was done.  However, I am a mother and if Alan were my son I would be devastated as a mother that he would do this to my grandchildren or any child.  I think to attack this family adn get off the topic (videos, speculation of other family members etc) is just not right .  On another note there are other instances of people who are accused and it was a lie but the child/children lied because they were threatened or bribed or "convinced" - I am not saying this happened in this circumstance . .  But I do personally know of other circumstances where this occurred.  

It seems like many people in her family are publicly supporting her. Sure, people have lied about these things, but to bring it up here in this situation, is a bit disgusting and nasty. 

9 minutes ago, oldsalty said:

Or... the children told the truth but then they were threatened, bribed or "convinced" to take it back.

11 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Can you please interpret what Jackie wrote on FB to me because it sounds like she is defending child molestation to me. Please give me a better explanation because I cannot grasp what she is saying.

Being devastated your child did this is one thing. Don't minimize it in cryptic FB posts.

It seems like many people in her family are publicly supporting her. Sure, people have lied about these things, but to bring it up here in this situation, is a bit disgusting and nasty. 

I do not know what she meant . ..  it makes no sense to me actually.  

I do not know what she meant . ..  it makes no sense to me actually.  

Excellent. Jolly good. Perfick.

Well, then, it looks as though those of us who are, in fact, able to determine a few things about her from the ample written material she has generated and shared -- we're at least that one tiny step ahead, yes?

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived