IGNORED

S'morton Bret Alan Smith Jailed (2)

SpoonfulOSugar

I wonder if the "Daniel" Bret smith mentions on his Facebook page is actually alan?..:

For those who want to help Daniel with his defense, sorry about the GoFundMe campaign.  It turns out they do not allow campaigns for legal defense.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lexiloumarie thanks- I thought they were in Moultrie too. I am usually in denial about the numbers of the weirdos living near me so I likely push them as far away as I can in my mind.

3 hours ago, cami said:

I wonder if the "Daniel" Bret smith mentions on his Facebook page is actually alan?..:

For those who want to help Daniel with his defense, sorry about the GoFundMe campaign.  It turns out they do not allow campaigns for legal defense.

I was going to ask the same thing! Daniel in the lions den?

5 hours ago, season of life said:

Why does he have so many nicknames? Bret, Charlie, Alan, Daniel...

I can account for three of the names: He's Bret Alan Smith Jr. -- his dad goes by Bret so I think he usually goes by Alan.  The name Charlie I am pretty sure comes from when he was in one of his dad's "Captain Bret's Christian Movie Show" productions (way back, maybe 2006?) and I think that was his character's name.  (God help me that I actually know that and remember that detail from an ancient blog post of Kressant's...)

The "Daniel" thing is -- as far as I can tell -- just speculation here.  His dad made a Facebook post in early July about a defense fund for "Daniel" -- so I think people are just wondering if that is him.  But I've never seen it used before in reference to him.

One of the people who "liked" that post is Dan Lane, who looks to be Bethany's father-in-law. Possible that either he or his son of the same name had some separate legal trouble.

On 11.8.2016 at 7:09 PM, picklepizzas said:

Also - are any of the adopted kids married yet? 

In related news, in the competition for Most Depressing Fundie IG of the Week, i would like to submit martha's post from yesterday: she posted an ode to kressant that included 'thanks for teaching me it was fun to wash dishes, and clean bathrooms'. :my_confused: it's like you can almost see this moment in time where a pre-teen martha was beginning to sense this whole thing was BS and maybe she wanted more from life than housework...but then SNAP she was reprogrammed and now DISHES ARE FUN! 

I thought the same thing when I read her post. So the older sister-in-laws, who are brainwashed so deeply in the kool-aid, teach the younger ones submission and having no doubt about their lifestyle. It sucks and makes it even harder to break free for the younger girls.

On 12.8.2016 at 0:16 AM, SparkleMomma said:

I just watched that video. Is this real life? Those poor kids. Well, besides Alan, fuck him. Captain Bret is... Interesting. That's the nicest thing I could say. Did they use to have different modesty standards? I'm surprised the girls were in pants and tight, sleeveless tops. Or is this a "costume" (like the duggars did for the kirk Cameron movie)? 

WHAT DID I JUST WATCH??? It's not even noon and I already need  a huge drink. WTF!!! This is wrong on so many levels.

10 hours ago, colder by the lake said:

I can account for three of the names: He's Bret Alan Smith Jr. -- his dad goes by Bret so I think he usually goes by Alan.  The name Charlie I am pretty sure comes from when he was in one of his dad's "Captain Bret's Christian Movie Show" productions (way back, maybe 2006?) and I think that was his character's name.  (God help me that I actually know that and remember that detail from an ancient blog post of Kressant's...)

The "Daniel" thing is -- as far as I can tell -- just speculation here.  His dad made a Facebook post in early July about a defense fund for "Daniel" -- so I think people are just wondering if that is him.  But I've never seen it used before in reference to him.

Yeah, that. I remember him being called Charlie but the why never registered.

The Smortons all do the middle name thing, for most of the men anyway and some of the girls, too. Even the adopted Morton boys are referred to by their middle names. I do know many people who do the same - but with the Smortons, it seems to be family doctrine.

9 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

One of the people who "liked" that post is Dan Lane, who looks to be Bethany's father-in-law. Possible that either he or his son of the same name had some separate legal trouble.

Good point, was trying to think of any Daniels in their circle ...

off topic (again) but is anyone following Michael Morton (Jnr) new Instagram account ?

13 hours ago, colder by the lake said:

Daniel is not a nickname.  Charlie was just a fun, childhood nickname.

2 hours ago, cami said:

Good point, was trying to think of any Daniels in their circle ...

off topic (again) but is anyone following Michael Morton (Jnr) new Instagram account ?

It is public? Anyone have a link?

Sheats...that's Jacqueline's family. Wonder what that is all about.

The Smith's aren't having a very good summer, are they?

Skeletons coming out of their godly closets on various fronts.

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Now it's private. Well, people, this is why we can't have nice things! :naughty:

Did I make that happen? If so, I'm sorry. Not experienced with Instagram.

2 hours ago, waspchick said:

Did I make that happen? If so, I'm sorry. Not experienced with Instagram.

No need to apologize -- it's likely one of the S'Mortons or their friends reads here & tipped off Michael Jr. It was probably inevitable and, in any case, it isn't the first time it's happened!

20 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

No need to apologize -- it's likely one of the S'Mortons or their friends reads here & tipped off Michael Jr. It was probably inevitable and, in any case, it isn't the first time it's happened!

Sorry should if mentioned that it was already private when I found it ( so was wondering if anyone here happened to see it before I did) ... 

Hold for warrant probably means there was a warrant out for him in another  state or county  and they picked him up on a second warrant . They can be issued for something as minor as failing to appear in traffic court. So there would be more than one warrant on him, they pick him up on one and hold him while the other warrant is executed, or sometimes that the other warrant has to be dealt with before he can be  released. Usually you can't be held indefinitely, I think just a few days.

But in Georgia, who knows...could be totally different

I don't think it was a simple think like traffic related. They wouldn't need a gofundme for that. They weren't raising bail money, or fines, they were attempting to raise 'defense' money. He needs to mount a defense for something. While traffic court isn't exactly a picnic or costing pennies, the need for a gofundme suggests much more.

I'm thinking the original charges were probably for petty (drugs, theft, etc.). This just speculation on my part.

Jacqueline Lea smith is back on Facebook ... Did anyone see this which she posted on July 3rd (before she deactivated her account I guess)

FYI: our justice system has its peculiarities.  Take GA, for instance. You can deal drugs, flee from an officer, be cruel to a child, engage in arson, assault a person, stalk, or burglarize, & you get bail set promptly.  However, if you violate probation or get accused of molesting a child, you won't be walking free no matter how much money your family can scrape up. And to make it all really odd, you can actually get a 14 year old girl pregnant (we're talking full-blown sex, verifiable with a DNA test), & as long as you're not over 18, nobody even cares. No call for jail time. No outrage at all. We call you a "minor." I wanna know how you can get a girl pregnant and not be a man?

13 minutes ago, cami said:

Jacqueline Lea smith is back on Facebook ... Did anyone see this which she posted on July 3rd (before she deactivated her account I guess)

Well, that was quick! I thought she'd wait at least a few more weeks to come back.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived