IGNORED

Jinger's Engaged to the Son of a Preacherman

SpoonfulOSugar

1 hour ago, anotherone said:

How's that going to work though?  She will get married and try for a baby right away.  But if they wait a few months to air the wedding, it will overlap the pregnancy and they'll be in the same boat.

they love that - don't forget we saw Jill's wedding on tv the same week Jessa had hers live 

what a week :D

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never heard of that 1D conspiracy theory before today, that was actually pretty interesting to read. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, anotherone said:

How's that going to work though?  She will get married and try for a baby right away.  But if they wait a few months to air the wedding, it will overlap the pregnancy and they'll be in the same boat.

Just make a big deal of the wedding on social media and in the print media at the time, and then edit the wedding episode such that it is more clear it was taking place in the past. There will still be a delay on airing the wedding footage (there has to be) but I'm just not sure I can see them doing a stealth wedding at the time and announcing it later.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Just make a big deal of the wedding on social media and in the print media at the time, and then edit the wedding episode such that it is more clear it was taking place in the past. There will still be a delay on airing the wedding footage (there has to be) but I'm just not sure I can see them doing a stealth wedding at the time and announcing it later.

That's what they did with Jill and Derick's wedding.  The "scandal" didn't happen because viewers were confused about the timeline. It happened because some people were convinced Jill was rebelling when she courted/married Derick. FJ started a baby watch in February of '14. We had debates about it. The "scandal" lasted a week, but some of us really thought Jill was already pregnant she she married Derick.

eta: The Dillard got a People Magazine cover a week or so after their wedding and they announced the pregnancy in September(?). I don't think it was confusion about the timeline

19 minutes ago, Kira said:

That's what they did with Jill and Derick's wedding.  The "scandal" didn't happen because viewers were confused about the timeline. It happened because some people were convinced Derick was rebelling when she courted/married Derick. FJ started a baby watch in February of '14. We had debates about it. The "scandal" lasted a week, but some of us really thought Jill was already pregnant she she married Derick.

eta: The Dillard got a People Magazine cover a week or so after their wedding and they announced the pregnancy in September(?). I don't think it was confusion about the timeline

To be fair, i was actually convinced that they had married before and the real wedding was staged for TLC. I know it's a bit crazy, but i think it had hapoened more than once betweet royals

and don't forget they severely edited versions of  Jessa and Ben's wedding -

the one on tv vs the one they shared a year later was completely different

there was more discussion about God and sin in the different one.

again you can't believe anything with these people

it's not worth it

On 8/14/2016 at 10:05 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I hope J&D go back on a REAL mission somewhere they can't come back or have the family show up every few weeks. 

I hope they forget this "mission" BS and get a REAL job! 

There is hardly anything I find more annoying that these so called "missionaries" (of any religion). Dear "missionaries", how about minding your own business and subscribing to you brand of craziness in solitude, instead of pestering everyone else?

Proselytizing is so irritating! 

If Jinger were pregnant (which I think is extremely unlikely) do you really think they'd cover it up? It's not like this would be worse than what they went through last year. They could use the situation to show how wonderful and forgiving and pro-life they are ( :pb_rollseyes: ) and would come out looking a lot better than if they tried to cover it up and were found out.

5 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

If Jinger were pregnant (which I think is extremely unlikely) do you really think they'd cover it up? It's not like this would be worse than what they went through last year. They could use the situation to show how wonderful and forgiving and pro-life they are ( :pb_rollseyes: ) and would come out looking a lot better than if they tried to cover it up and were found out.

Yes, except we have them covering up for Josh for a very long time. I can't imagine that they would suddenly start being transparent when it could impact their livelihood.  In their minds, an unwed and pregnant Jinger would be a fatal blow to their brand image.

12 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

According to those crazy people, Because he is totally gay. And why is he totally gay? Because if he can't be theirs he can't be for any other woman. He has to be fucking his bandmate

Even if he is totally gay and for some reason wants to hide the bandmate fucking with a baby, it seems way, way easier to have a baby then to fake one. He can afford a nanny for the dirty work.

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I've never heard of that 1D conspiracy theory before today, that was actually pretty interesting to read. :pb_lol:

I don't know anything about him or one direction but I read that story like I was addicted. It was so riveting!!

3 hours ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

There is hardly anything I find more annoying that these so called "missionaries" (of any religion). Dear "missionaries", how about minding your own business and subscribing to you brand of craziness in solitude, instead of pestering everyone else?

The long term missionaires, the ones who do it for 5 or more years, do more than preach.  They help people in the community, set up community centers work with youth in the community are part of the community, they aren't handing out single sheets from a coloring book or doing bad acting for everyone to see or singing songs in the middle of town about Jesus.  Hell the people I know who have done short term mission they went there to help  build a school or dig wells. One couple I know goes down to CA every other year for 2 weeks and work in a medical clinic.  He is an OB/GYN and she is an ACNM (a REAL midwife) and help pregnant women. 

3 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Yes I do think they would cover it up. They can delay the announcement 2 months and delay the announcement,  Show pics in order but late, they are good at confusing timelines. Only the family sees the baby until s/he is about a year old and then it really isn't noticeable and the kid will be home schooled so who cares what his birth date is. It isn't unheard of to have an 8 pound baby 3 weeks early or a 9 pound baby 2 weeks early. My kids were 4 weeks and 2 weeks early. #1 was 8lbs and #2 was 9lbs. 

Real missionaries have actual skills to share and proselytizing is secondary.  Duggars and Dillards need not apply.

It is a no-brainer, folks.

15 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

In the winter, the milk would freeze, so they put it by the radiators to thaw. :puke-huge:

If the crates holding the milk bottles had been delivered early, the milk would be so frozen that the aluminium tops would pop off.

in the summer the birds would peck through the tops to get at the cream at the top of the milk!!!

10 hours ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

I think I'm OK with people who go abroad to help serve the spiritual needs of people who are already that religion (for instance, a rabbi who goes to a more isolated Jewish community overseas to help set up a synagogue and train local clergy, or a chaplain who comes along with a disaster response team), but the lazy pray-cation types like Jill and Derick piss me off because they're pushing their beliefs on others, not making themselves useful to the community, and basically embody the White Savior stereotype: I'm so awesome to grace you nameless brown people with my presence and I'm making your lives better by telling you that the way I live, think, and pray is better than the way you do.

Also, on Derick's IG, there was the typical "so did you do anything in Central America besides be utterly useless, borderline/flagrantly racist, and condescending to the locals you worked with" comment thread, and it really disgusted me to hear the way people referred to the people of Honduras (that's where they were, right?) as "the natives" whom Derick was helping in some nebulous way. I know that "natives" can be used neutrally, but here, it just comes off as uncomfortably colonialist.

DerJill, if you really want to go traipsing around the world making zero contribution to society, you can do that without the veneer of Jeebus. Just join the ranks of the quasi-creepy White People Dreads couples you meet at every hostel in tourist areas frequented by hippies. In fact, why not create your own job and open a fundie hostel? The living situation would be basically how Jill grew up, Derick can do the books, and it would be the least fun hostel in town.

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Real missionaries have actual skills to share and proselytizing is secondary.  Duggars and Dillards need not apply.

It is a no-brainer, folks.

I agree that Duggar-style religious tourists are particularly useless and offensive with their attempts at converting people. 

However I also think that whether it is secondary or not, proselytising is pretty much always unasked for and annoying. Even when it is more subtle and sophisticated and accompanied by beneficial skills. Even benefit of the skilled work is often debatable. In some cases it can be really helpful, but often it would be better to sponsor local people to develop the skills needed themselves.

On 8/15/2016 at 5:26 PM, Mela99 said:

I'm thinking it is. That account has been posting a lot of pictures seen nowhere else.

Or maybe I'm hoping it is since I was the one who posted it.... and I love being right.

It's not. If @duggarfam doesn't follow the account then it's not real

On 8/14/2016 at 0:31 PM, WhyNotJulie said:

Any word on whether @thejingerduggar is actually Jinger's instagram?

Plz advise.

It's not. She doesn't have one yet. You always know an instagram's real when @duggarfam follows it

6 hours ago, jas said:

I agree that Duggar-style religious tourists are particularly useless and offensive with their attempts at converting people. 

However I also think that whether it is secondary or not, proselytising is pretty much always unasked for and annoying. Even when it is more subtle and sophisticated and accompanied by beneficial skills. Even benefit of the skilled work is often debatable. In some cases it can be really helpful, but often it would be better to sponsor local people to develop the skills needed themselves.

I agree with this completely.

Duggars & co are PARTICULARLY useless and offensive, but other "serious" missionaries are equally offensive to me.

Do you have real skills? It is wonderful that you apply them to help other people. I still don't see why Jesus, or Allah, or the flying spaghetti monster need to be in the picture at all.

The primary purpose of a mission, by definition, is to convert people - skills or not. And this, I find supremely annoying per se. What the Duggars & co. do is not only annoying, it is dangerous. Imagine "midwife" Jill trying to give real "medical" advice to pregnant women.. (shivers).

So, I'm confused. You mean the Duggars missionary work, where they sing Christmas carols in English, and hand out candy to kids who don't have a dentist isn't helpful? But what about Jim Bob? He took it on himself to learn "hola".  :confusion-confused:You guys are just too picky. 

What are you talking about? There's no way Jinger is pregnant, these two aren't going alone anyway and I doubt they fucked in a bathroom while Jessa was waiting out.

New article:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-is-an-answer-to-my-prayers-w434728

Highlights -

1. No date has been set. Color me surprised for once.

2. They want a smaller wedding. Which, by Duggar standards, could mean anything less than like 1,000 people.

3. Jinger will move to Laredo after the wedding. To help with his Ministry. Or something. I'm kind of convinced she's just going to be there to look pretty and serve coffee, but I could be wrong. At least I hope I'm wrong and she's able to build a meaningful life there.

4. Proposal happened July 25 ontop of a building in NYC. So at least he thought to include a major city in his proposal since Jinger seems to like those.

5. They want kids. No idea how many. They plan to see, "what the Lord provides." Which is pretty much the same as leaving it up to God.

Snark is welcomed and encouraged. Discuss my lovelies.

On 16/08/2016 at 3:20 PM, Bad Wolf said:

In the winter, the milk would freeze, so they put it by the radiators to thaw. :puke-huge:

oh oh oh oh, ew!  That's horrible!!!!

:puke-huge:

Well I hope Jinger gets a taste of big city life in Laredo.. and I hope she doesnt' get visited by her family, especially her parents, too often.

They say in the article that they want to be very intentional with who they invite to the wedding.  Guess there won't be any sightings of Jill-rod.  A small wedding for them will still probably be around 500.  Would be nice if they were able to pull off something smaller and have a nice reception this time.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived