IGNORED

Jinger's Engaged to the Son of a Preacherman

SpoonfulOSugar

I'm sorry, I just can't believe any Duggar daughter to be pregnant outside of wedlock. They're not alone long enough to try. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Kleine Vampirin said:

Hee hee. Can't believe we're back to fancy potatoes again :-)

Where's ClaraOswin and her fancy potato avatar?

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:21 PM, Kleine Vampirin said:

Hee hee. Can't believe we're back to fancy potatoes again :-)

This is the fancy potato avatar, it cracks me up every time I see it.

fancypotato.png

On 10/08/2016 at 6:20 PM, BlessaYourHeart said:

Confession - I have no idea what a tater tot looks like. We don't have them in UK & Ireland :my_blush:

I was exactly the same until I went to New York earlier this year. I knew about Tater Tots from the Duggars and Glee, so when I saw them in a diner I had to try them. They were just like horrible fried potato croquettes, I was not impressed (and I'm the type of woman that couldn't be bothered with breakfast this morning so I had crisps. That is how low my culinary expectations are!).

33 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

I was exactly the same until I went to New York earlier this year. I knew about Tater Tots from the Duggars and Glee, so when I saw them in a diner I had to try them. They were just like horrible fried potato croquettes, I was not impressed (and I'm the type of woman that couldn't be bothered with breakfast this morning so I had crisps. That is how low my culinary expectations are!).

I have crisps for breakfast when I can't be bothered too! (Or rich tea biscuits). 

Although the lowest/laziest breakfast I've had was chopping up apples to feed to a pony and eating a piece myself every time I gave the pony a piece 

Theres more chance one of the non courting kidults got pregnant with a  secret lover because they can probably fall under the radar when a special ratings saver courtship is going on. Jinger and Jeremy won't have been left alone long enough without Boob, Mechelle, an annoying sibling or cameras towing along.

9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm sorry, I just can't believe any Duggar daughter to be pregnant outside of wedlock. They're not alone long enough to try. 

Though I imagine it wouldn't take long given the years of repressed urges...

13 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

I'm not a great tater tot fan, but I wouldn't write them off because of a single experience. They're like anything else; quality and cooking will vary. When they're baked, but then not crisped under the broiler, they tend to be soggy. And if they are deep-fried, it's important the water content is correct and also the oil temp. Also, sometimes they are seasoned to be a little spicy, and sometimes they're rather bland.

On August 6, 2016 at 0:22 AM, Destiny said:

That makes sense. We have a family recipe for a cranberry salad that has lime jello, fresh cranberries, pineapple, various nuts, and like a half a cup of ginger ale. The topping is whipped cream and cream cheese and roasted .... pecans I think? I haven't made it in a few years.

We have a similar stuff, with crushed pineapple and celery too.

I really like it, makes a good breakfast.

I see why they hold back on the front hugs, because then the rumors run rampant that they're having premarital sex. What kind of Duggar logic are we employing here?

1 hour ago, backyard sylph said:

I'm not a great tater tot fan, but I wouldn't write them off because of a single experience. They're like anything else; quality and cooking will vary. When they're baked, but then not crisped under the broiler, they tend to be soggy. And if they are deep-fried, it's important the water content is correct and also the oil temp. Also, sometimes they are seasoned to be a little spicy, and sometimes they're rather bland.

I'm a bit up shit creek for trying them again, as we have nothing like them in the UK!

7 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

Here's a recipe for something similar I keep meaning to try, though I'm not sure I'll bother with the faces...

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 11.25.05 AM.png

Uhg, i hate that stuff. My cousin somehow loved them as a kid and my aunt insists on making them when i go there to eat.

In school it was practically a holiday if the cafeteria was serving smiley fries (or curly fries or tater tots)!!! :my_heart: TBH the smiley ones were usually a little soggy but I still have a special place in my heathen heart for them.

My birthday is October 5. I hope these jerks don't have their wedding on that day. I share a birthday with Katie Bates.

2 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

Here's a recipe for something similar I keep meaning to try, though I'm not sure I'll bother with the faces...

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 11.25.05 AM.png

Yaaaaas! Birds Eye Smiley Faces were the best thing about being in Primary School, well those and chocolate cake with pink custard.

I'm now on a Primary School nostalgia trip. Anyone care to join me?!

1 hour ago, Bushes of Love said:

Yaaaaas! Birds Eye Smiley Faces were the best thing about being in Primary School, well those and chocolate cake with pink custard.

Mine was Dirty Dessert - Oreo crumbs with a chocolate pudding -whipped topping mix. My Mom finally got smart and didn't reveal that it was on the menu until after I decided to buy or pack.

4 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Mine was Dirty Dessert - Oreo crumbs with a chocolate pudding -whipped topping mix. My Mom finally got smart and didn't reveal that it was on the menu until after I decided to buy or pack.

We called those Dirt Cups and we would add gummy worms!

1 hour ago, Bushes of Love said:

allens red frogs... the old kind, not the new ones they have now. oh, and jupiter bars. omnomnom.

4 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

I'm a bit up shit creek for trying them again, as we have nothing like them in the UK!

Well - I've lived in the US for 37 years and have never tried tater tots, never wanted to try them, and have never (to my knowledge) been served anything containing them.  Apparently I only hang with American foodies and health nuts.   I'm not a complete food snob though. I've tried the little hash brown patties that come with McDonald's breakfasts.  Too greasy.

To be fair, the UK has it's share of junk food.  I also never got into the myriad flavors of UK crisps.  Why in the name of the SFM flavor a crisp with shrimp or beef?  Salt and vinegar only for me. ;)

I don't like tater tots.  I don't even like Chick Fil A waffle fries.  Crunchy over chewy any day for me!

As far as the blind item, I mean really, they have 19 kids and at some point they are going to have at least (only) 1 child go off the reservation.  I would not be surprised to see someone crank out an 8 lb "preemie" at some point.

@Palimpsest, shrimp favored crisps are no match for the squid flavored Lay's Potato Chips or the Seaweed flavored Cheetos my daughter and son-in-law saw in China recently.

Engagement photos in Central Park are up on Jeremy's website.

I love the Popsicle one! They look genuinely happy there.

But why does Jinger's hair look so bad? It reminds me of mine after being caught in the wind. You would think with all the product and hair spray it wouldn't move. :(

Couldn't help but notice the "Property of Jeremy Vuolo" written across Jinger in half the pictures and sigh, because their beliefs mean it isn't just the pictures.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@Palimpsest, shrimp favored crisps are no match for the squid flavored Lay's Potato Chips or the Seaweed flavored Cheetos my daughter and son-in-law saw in China recently.

Dear God.  Spare me those! :laughing-rollingyellow:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived