IGNORED

JinJer 2: Courting, she did ride

dawbs

As I travel around the US (and a bit outside if it) I realize how any area can be "great" "awesome" "Too big" or "too small". It's really a matter of perspective.  To Jinger? Lorato TX will probably seem "large" and plenty "big city".  She is used to a smaller, quieter area and hopefully will enjoy a larger city.   But!!!!!! Like all the other "Dugger" marriages, I don't have high hopes for lasting happiness.  They all seem so phony to me.  Shrugs!!   I guess I'm just not "Godly" enough to "understand" this whole courtship/marriage thing.  I have "only" been married 25 years so what "understanding" of marriage could I possibly have.  

I tried to use a lot of quotes!!!  I did pretty good, didn't I?  

Also, the Twin Cities Rock!!!   Just sayin

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

1. I'm sure Jeremy is "counting on" Counting On supplementing his income. He'll probably be "convicted" to give up the church plant in Laredo and move to Tonitown to work on the Duggars' "ministry."

2. It seems that a lot of fundies think that lesbianism is the natural result of some combination of feminism, wearing pants, working outside the home, and getting an education, so by removing all of these as options, no fundie females will ever be lesbian.

ETA I've noticed that the kinds of "cures" fundies offer for being LGBT involves basically forcing the person to do really gender stereotypical activities with other fundies who are of the same sex. I remember reading about this sort of "therapy" in the National Catholic Register, and I'm sure conservative Catholics can't be alone in this sort of thinking.

Interesting you bring in the Catholic anti gay therapy. The priest who has been running that program for the Vatican has recently been accused of molesting the young men he was supposed to be "curing." Anatrella is his name, pretty recently.

http://modern-prom-hairstyles.com/grace-community-church-laredo-texas-jeremy-vuolo-sin-in-the-camp/

Maybe someone can watch - Sermon is titled, " Joshua 7: Sin in the Camp"

Hmmm...

Also, there is a private wordpress blog. Otherwise, someone did some serious scrubbing of the interweb.

-Sorry, don't know how to break the link

2 hours ago, ITD said:

We just moved from central CT- more rural, fewer snobs. :) More racists though.

Like you, I'll take the snobs!

I don't recall many racists in the town I grew up in. Though I also don't recall many people who were not white. I know there was literally 1 black girl in my graduating class from high school. And this wasn't even an itty bitty town. 

6 minutes ago, defraudedbychipendales said:

http://modern-prom-hairstyles.com/grace-community-church-laredo-texas-jeremy-vuolo-sin-in-the-camp/

Maybe someone can watch - Sermon is titled, " Joshua 7: Sin in the Camp"

Hmmm...

Also, there is a private wordpress blog. Otherwise, someone did some serious scrubbing of the interweb.

-Sorry, don't know how to break the link

Literally tried to watch this but he is boring. I found the private word press blog and sent him a follow request. It could be super old though, so who even knows if he uses it anymore. Especially since I found it linked in a instagram bio, that I assume is his personal instagram, and the latest photo on the account was posted 113 weeks ago. 

Hidey ho pals!

1) I started reading this before my yoga class. Shavasana (final relaxtion pose where you really relax and reconnect with yourself) was extra special :P

2) I'd like to give my two cents about the term "meek". While we all know the gender roles for women in terms of submissiveness in the fundie community, I'm willing to question if that's what Jeremy meant when expressing his want for "meekness" in a partner. So I had a funny knack of befriending religious kids growing up and ended up in church a lot. When the term "meek" was thrown around, it was largely in terms of submissiveness to the lord, not to other people or anything. Being meek and teachable were lauded qualities in terms of ones relationship to God, so that's how I interpreted his use of "meek", because realistically, that seems to be a universally wanted quality in faith-oriented people. 

3) Regarding @socalrules  point about nobody talking about/appreciating strong and smart women in the fundie community, while I could go on a huge rant about that in general and that smart/strong women are awesome, realistically... none of the fundie dudes really qualify as smart or strong themselves (at least to me). Women love having them as "the leader", but that's not necessarily indicative of strength or intelligence. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure I've heard the girls talk about wanting a strong man, as much as godly, goal-oriented, slow to anger, etc. This is admittedly a point that's still rolling around in my head, but I thought I'd put it out there 

7 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

Yesss!!!

I grew up in Illinois, southern Illinois to be precise. Since then I've encountered many many people from outside my home town.. I will tell them I'm from Illinois and the FIRST response 95% of the time is "Oh, you are from Chicago?".

... I never said I was from Chicago. The rest of Illinois actually hates Chicago (maybe slight exaggeration). I live 5 hours from Chicago. 

So I just say I'm from the St Louis area since thats 30 minutes from my home town. But then I've had people get confused because "St Louis is in Missouri." 

I live in Cleveland - proceed with the jokes.... oh yeah! We have a Championship.

1 hour ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

This was the first comment I saw on the most "in case you missed it" post. It's not just some FJers who think he might be gay. (I don't know the guy and don't have any judgments on what his sexual preference is. My only hope is that he's not a "saved" "former" gay man because that's not a real thing and not fair to Jinger.)

Untitled.png

Those gosh darn gays and their agendas! This time the agenda is to cause harm to members of the Duggar family from within? Didn't someone (whose name begins with J) already kinda do that? 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Nope! Lol! We're in the greater New Haven area - we moved here three years ago this summer. We love this area because of the taxes, proximity to our hometown, lack of snobs, and how close we are to a bunch of parks and farms. But we had zero idea how racist a small percentage people here were before we moved. It's definitely been eye opening and disheartening to say the least.

Grew up right next to New Haven, in Milford.

2 minutes ago, defraudedbychipendales said:

I live in Cleveland - proceed with the jokes.... oh yeah! We have a Championship.

Suburb of Akron myself and just got a job at the Clinic. #believeland

And in terms of the rural/urban debate, I went to a hella small liberal arts college for undergrad about an hour north of Columbus that was really rural. Literally the only "exciting" things were WalMart, the movie theater for Harry Potter/Hunger games, and when the Amish sold baked goods on campus. However, the college itself was really artsy and had A TON of culture and I loved my friends and (most of) my fellow classmates. When you wanted to get off campus and go someplace bigger, you found a friend with a car and went to Columbus, which does have a lot of really cool stuff. That being said, undergrad was the best four years of my life because of the people. We literally had people from all over the world and it was awesome hearing about their different life experiences. Going back for alum weekends is rough now because there is legit nothing to do unless you know people there and I'm quite a few years out. I lived in Columbus for a bit after graduating and would I have had more fun if I went to Ohio State? In certain respects, yes, and as a working adult, I loved living there. But rural life can be done well and enjoyably if you have whatever it is you need. Back then, I did so it worked.  

Considering Jeremy has been around the block a few times due to his age and education, I hope TLC doesn't attempt to do the lame set-up episodes where JB grills him about not going into debt, or the faux police pull-over and day in handcuffs, or dry-humping at hole #9.   From what little I know of this Jeremy, I get the impression he'd laugh in his face.  He seems fairly polished aside from his born-again, homophobic (yet potentially closeted) ways.  JB will look even more like an asshat.

7 minutes ago, twinmama said:

Grew up right next to New Haven, in Milford.

Grew up in New Haven and now live about 20 miles North.  Not that much diversity here.

2 minutes ago, Jenesis said:

If they do marry, do you think Jinger will move to Laredo?  It's much more dangerous than Springdale.  

At 28, I just can't see Jeremy picking up and leaving a stable job to go be JB's bitch in Arkansas. I could see them moving somewhere else in the country if he got a good preaching opportunity, but I would be surprised if they ended up anywhere near the Duggar compound. I've been wrong before, though.

2 minutes ago, trisprefect said:

At 28, I just can't see Jeremy picking up and leaving a stable job to go be JB's bitch in Arkansas. I could see them moving somewhere else in the country if he got a good preaching opportunity, but I would be surprised if they ended up anywhere near the Duggar compound. I've been wrong before, though.

what if that better preaching job was main preacher at Boobs home church though :my_sick:

Newbie here...although I have been a long time lurker...

Like a lot of other posters, I was excited to think that Jinger might finally be the one who builds a life with someone a little less fanatical and a little more average Joe.  But the more I'm seeing and reading, I don't think that's the case.

It will be interesting to see if this “courter” makes the same deal with the devil (a/k/a Jim Bob) as Derick & Ben Duggar did.  You know the one – the exchange of his daughter’s virginity for the husband’s balls and ambition.  They have to leave them at the church on the way out.

I love your username, pansyass.

I think this is a done deal. Otherwise it's gonna be another Marjorie situation. No need to publicize a failed courtship. Jeremy drinks the Kool Aid already, so he'll probably sacrifice his soul for Jinger. 

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

If that's "dressing like a homosexual", it's a wonder any babies are born at all in Portland or parts of Brooklyn.

Hahaha! Mike Literous! 

Like "My Clitoris"

Its a fake account you guys.

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Nope! Lol! We're in the greater New Haven area - we moved here three years ago this summer. We love this area because of the taxes, proximity to our hometown, lack of snobs, and how close we are to a bunch of parks and farms. But we had zero idea how racist a small percentage people here were before we moved. It's definitely been eye opening and disheartening to say the least.

I love it there. My cousin lives in Hamden, we often hike to New Haven. We even hike back, although I'd be willing to compromise that! We do the garden tours some years.

Just watched a few minutes of a very boring Jeremy sermon. 

He said it. He said Joshua the sin in the camp!! Ha ha ha. Has J-B heard the sermon!!!

He was taking a break from Peter due yo Christmas, visiting preachers etc.

That should make some interesting talk around the Duggar dinner table!!!!!!!

47 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Considering Jeremy has been around the block a few times due to his age and education, I hope TLC doesn't attempt to do the lame set-up episodes where JB grills him about not going into debt, or the faux police pull-over and day in handcuffs, or dry-humping at hole #9.   From what little I know of this Jeremy, I get the impression he'd laugh in his face.  He seems fairly polished aside from his born-again, homophobic (yet potentially closeted) ways.  JB will look even more like an asshat.

I respectfully disagree.....I would LOVE to see that!!!  Would be funny as hell!

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hahaha! Mike Literous! 

Like "My Clitoris"

Its a fake account you guys.

Wonder if he knows Mike Hunt or Harry Sachs

I love it there. My cousin lives in Hamden, we often hike to New Haven. We even hike back, although I'd be willing to compromise that! We do the garden tours some years.

Loved Hamden. Awesome huge playground (we briefly lived in New Haven when we first moved to CT). Sleeping Giant State Park is terrific.

(Sorry for the hijack. I miss CT)

6 minutes ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

Wonder if he knows Mike Hunt or Harry Sachs

I'm pretty sure Mike Hunt is married to Ivana Tinkle.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived