IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 4

samurai_sarah

2 minutes ago, clueliss said:

How is she going to survive writing college papers if she doesn't like people critiquing her work? 

I was thinking of her and math, but then I looked at their math courses. They go algebra through calculus. That's it. They don't offer a math major. If you get a 28+ on your ACT (out of 36), you can skip the math requirement. I get that it's a small school and that limits what they can offer, but MATH? It's a basic and core subject. I went to a tiny liberal arts college. Other than a couple "math for English majors" type classes (odd ball topics like "mathematics of map coloring" or a review of cultures that develop numbering systems that were base 8, not base 10, etc), it started with Calc.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Terrie said:

I was thinking of her and math, but then I looked at their math courses. They go algebra through calculus. That's it. They don't offer a math major. If you get a 28+ on your ACT (out of 36), you can skip the math requirement. I get that it's a small school and that limits what they can offer, but MATH? It's a basic and core subject. I went to a tiny liberal arts college. Other than a couple "math for English majors" type classes (odd ball topics like "mathematics of map coloring" or a review of cultures that develop numbering systems that were base 8, not base 10, etc), it started with Calc.

I haven't needed math for my degree. I may actually succeed in becoming a HS teacher without ever going higher than Stats.

21 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Miss Raquel is going to get a degree is psychology. :shock:

Oy vey. Could she hack a Masters Degree though? The only person I ever met who got away with no Masters with a Psych major ended up going into Marketing and did Brain Training with people who had learning disabilities on the side. You didn't need to have a Psych background for that role just a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and then upon hiring receive training and certification in this therapy method. And trust me, I am a Business major and I think the job of being a Brain Training coach could have been more difficult then being a Marketing Consultant. My brother did this program (he has high functioning autism) and I sat in for one session, they were doing these techniques to help with memory and I failed

miserably. My brother did great though and it helped him read a lot faster. All that's to say is this guy was very intelligent but also very people savvy, and was doing great things even though he had no Masters in Psych. But did the fields he work in require a psych background? No, but I am sure it helped. I can't see Raquel spending the rest of her 20s in school though, nor can I see her jumping into a field like Marketing or PR. Her hands are tied. She should major in English, just blog and write for the rest of her days. At least then maybe would end up staying at home the rest of her days and not taint the rest of society with her idiocy and deviant behavior.

1 hour ago, xRoo said:

I haven't needed math for my degree. I may actually succeed in becoming a HS teacher without ever going higher than Stats.

I don't use anything higher than algebra and never went higher than Calc 1 in high school. I didn't even take math in college. But I'm rather stunned that nothing more advanced is even offered.

15 hours ago, ari_belle said:

What happens when a narcissist studies psychology, anyway? I guess we'll soon find out...

...ten bucks says she drops out within the first two months because skewl is hard and she knows more than her professors.

They tend to wash out pretty quickly, from what I have observed. Psych isn't a great field for self-aggrandizement these days, plus you have to get (at least) a master's degree to hold any kind of decent employment. Throw in how insanely competitive PhD programs are, and all but the most diligent tend to bail pretty quickly. 

I have a hard time seeing a graduate of the SOTDRT doing well in an undergraduate psych program. There's a lot of reading and writing (in APA format, using acceptable sources as reference) involved, as well as creative/critical thinking more generally. 

Just now, JesusCampSongs said:

They tend to wash out pretty quickly, from what I have observed. Psych isn't a great field for self-aggrandizement these days, plus you have to get (at least) a master's degree to hold any kind of decent employment. Throw in how insanely competitive PhD programs are, and all but the most diligent tend to bail pretty quickly. 

I have a hard time seeing a graduate of the SOTDRT doing well in an undergraduate psych program. There's a lot of reading and writing (in APA format, using acceptable sources as reference) involved, as well as creative/critical thinking more generally. 

There's science. SO much science. Idk how they teach psychology at a Christian school, but I'm assuming there's still a shit ton of very difficult science about the brain and neurons and all that. When I was in school, I barely passed Psych 101 and I was flunking Abnormal Psych so I had to drop it from my schedule. But I was majoring in an arts field, so it didn't really matter...and these things have never been my forte, I was just taking the courses because I was interested in them.

I don't use anything higher than algebra and never went higher than Calc 1 in high school. I didn't even take math in college. But I'm rather stunned that nothing more advanced is even offered.

The university I attended let you take an exam to pass out of the math requirement. I was a fine arts major, but still would've had to take a semester of math if I hadn't passed the proficiency exam. Funny enough, now my alma mater is suspending the universal math requirement and letting each department decide whether it needs to be a requirement. I never understood why a film/theatre major would need math anyway unless you were going into scenic design.

1 hour ago, ari_belle said:

There's science. SO much science. Idk how they teach psychology at a Christian school, but I'm assuming there's still a shit ton of very difficult science about the brain and neurons and all that. When I was in school, I barely passed Psych 101 and I was flunking Abnormal Psych so I had to drop it from my schedule. But I was majoring in an arts field, so it didn't really matter...and these things have never been my forte, I was just taking the courses because I was interested in them.

Maybe they can use Derick Dillard's Extremely Scientific Musings on Clinical Psychology as their textbook.

Wow, I just remembered....a couple of years ago she made this blog post, which include her opinions on suicide:

http://www.itsjustraquel.com/2014/01/if-youre-looking-for-sign-not-to-kill.html

This part was great:

You may ask ‘Well what does God know about death and suicide?’  A lot, actually.  Because He killed His own Son.  For us.  (Can you imagine killing your own child for people who hated you?  I think that’s the biggest act of love ever.)

10 hours ago, Terrie said:

I am a math major. There is a lot of mathematics math related to map coloring. The four color theorem is quite complicated.

I don't think most majors need anything above Calc 1. I actually think statistics or college algebra is good enough for most.

11 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

She'll just write tons of passive-aggressive POMES about her meanie bad professors who don't understand her beautiful creative spirit.

I'd be very interested to read about her taking a poetry class at the college level, reading lots of complex pomes for homework and having her pomes critiqued by a professor. In all seriousness, it could be a good learning experience -- having your work critiqued can be very humbling, but also help you grow as a writer... it might do her some good. 

I only had to take one stats class to fulfill my math requirement for my degree at a state university. I only went as far as algebra/trig in high school (and I'm a product of public school) Not everyone needs math, and neither does every small liberal arts college. 

Her latest post makes it seem like she's going to start seeking followers more aggressively again. I have noticed they have dwindled in the last year.

That will happen when your blog post history and your social media posting activity don't mirror each other.  

Why am I not surpsied that she latched on to a verse that basically says "You don't actually have to DO anything as a Christian." 

Y'all would be shocked by my  art college. They don't even HAVE real math, just the bare minimum to remain accredited. I took current events to fulfill my math requirements. :pb_biggrin:

And reading comments.

Best ever?  and on and on...

Let's discuss:

7)  Invite themselves over for a movie night.

That is what someone can do to make HER life better.  Frankly - as an introvert who places a high value on privacy and is NOT a hospitable person you do this, you may wonder why I am being cold and hostile toward you.

I can boil her list down to the following:

entertain me.  (which encompasses #1, #2, #7 #10)

buy me things.  And if you can't buy me things - then well bring me things that are free.  (#4, #5, & #8)

Tell me how wonderful I am (#5 and #6)

And touch me!  feel me!  (#3)  (and with me we're back to introversion and please don't invade the personal space)

4 hours ago, xRoo said:

How does one pick wildflowers in any way OTHER than by hand?

Via Penis Ferret

Two posts in one day?!?

Now she's reminding people that pillows, gum and dramamine are good things to have on flights.

horridly smelling breath

that's all.

Let's talk her Instagram post yesterday.

She got a job.  But that wasn't the shocker.  It was after the three hashtags.  Where it said if you don't like her black hoop nose ring 'screw that.'  And yes, my mind went to - hmmm wonder what the Christian College she's going to soon would say about that.  It was a Christian school, right?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived