IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 4

samurai_sarah

Well i don't understand why Christians would object to a nose ring. Cattle have them, no? And women are quite akin to cattle. "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife, nor  his manservant nor his maidservant, nor his ox,nor his ass nor any thing that is thy neighbors."

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was more the 'screw that' wording than the nose ring that caught my attention.  

Bodies are supposed to be considered temples of the Lord, a verse some interpret more literally than others.  At heart Raquel wants to be of this world as much as the next girl, which is why she keeps finding justifications for whatever she does, or getting defensive ("screw that") if someone indicates they might question her choices.  Really, she should just admit that she wants to do what SHE wants, not what her parents or God want.  It's the intellectual dishonesty that makes her so unappealing.  (Though the awful poetry and preteen fantasies don't help.)

17 hours ago, xRoo said:

How does one pick wildflowers in any way OTHER than by hand?

Now I want to give her a bunch of wild flowers that have been through a mower.

And now I'm picture some special wildflower picking combine making its way through a meadow.  

6 hours ago, clueliss said:

And now I'm picture some special wildflower picking combine making its way through a meadow.  

JUST for Miss Raquel.

Travel "essentials"

A pillow even a neck pillow is not essential for a 1.5 to 2-hour hop.  

Dramamine - nope.  never needed it.  Granted I haven't been on the ocean.  But for a car or plane ride?  nope.   I have cousins who got car sick when we were young.  Not me.  

Snacks?  I'll agree with that one, but mainly because I'd like something with me I know what the WW points are.  And because airport prices are just stupid.

Cozy Socks?  yes Raquel if I have to haul my butt to STL or MCI for a short flight socks are at my top priority.

I notice that one thing I do consider a flying essential is not on her list.  A reusable water bottle.  Take it empty through security.  FIll it up on the other side.  Some airports even have water fountains designed for easy bottle filling.  Not only do you save the environment from plastic bottles - you save your wallet from paying the price of an entire case of water at the store for that one small bottle from an airport vendor.

My mom gets air sick and she won't take dramamine for short flights, because it leaves her groggy and muddle-headed.

I never got nauseous on planes before I had kids. Now I take something with ginger in it. A few years ago I made a green tea, ginger, and honeydew melon fruit leather. That covered both snacks and motion sickness. 

Also, not again boyfriend clearly hasn't moved on, still, and Raquel wrote a poem about kissing a boy who smokes cigarettes. How romantic.

I can believe her studying Psycology. I know some really SICK, Creepy, fucked up people who have studied Psycology and suddenly believe they are experts and they'disgnose' prople in the worst possible way stating they know what they are talking about because they took a class. I even know a man who I think uses it to fuck with people and manipulate them. Ewwww, I don't want to think of that hateful horrible man.

*my husband and I used to go to a trainer like that. He said horrible things about everyone. I always felt like he was trying to gather Intel and gossip about everyone. Collecting bits of information. Made wild assumptions and seemed overly interested in their sex lives. He seemed to catagorize everyone into two groups. People he felt were useful to him, and those who are not. He also happened to be studying sports Psycology online so he knows what he is talking about. Small town life.

3 hours ago, xRoo said:

Can someone translate her newest blog? I can't even begin to understand what she's saying here...

Be your own person, think for yourself and don't seek validation. Allegedly. 

3 hours ago, December said:

Be your own person, think for yourself and don't seek validation. Allegedly. 

I thought it was a mission statement in favor of being selfish.

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I thought it was a mission statement in favor of being selfish.

I added the "allegedly" for a reason ;) 

Though she wouldn't be the first person I've seen who considers being selfish and doing your own thing to be the same. 

13 hours ago, xRoo said:

Can someone translate her newest blog? I can't even begin to understand what she's saying here...

I could only read about 10 words and then my brain said NOPE

So you're supposed to remeber

you can't depend on others

but also that

It's okay to admit you need help. 

Raquel should take up writing greeting cards. They're short enough she might actually be able to avoid contradicting herself in the same piece, and no one cares if two cards show different sentiments.

13 minutes ago, Terrie said:

but also that

Raquel should take up writing greeting cards. They're short enough she might actually be able to avoid contradicting herself in the same piece, and no one cares if two cards show different sentiments.

You know she is just an enigma wrapped in a puzzle!

42 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

You know she is just an enigma wrapped in a puzzle!

w/ a Peruvian nose and Russian hands

3 hours ago, Terrie said:

She contradicts herself in the first two sentences!

I like to think that every person in this world has a bit of the "I want to save the world" mentality. 
It's not very often that I find someone who shares that same passion with me, that same drive.  To leave a mark on this world, albeit small. 

Everyone is like me.
I can't find anyone like me.

wut?

This went through my head an now I'm going to think it everything I try to read her stuff. "Let us gaze at my navel. There are many like it, but this one is mine."

5 hours ago, Terrie said:

but also that

I was thinking Facebook memes. No one seems to care if they makes sense as long as they give the impression of being inspirational. Just overlay on a stolen photo of a sunset. 

39 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

I was thinking Facebook memes. No one seems to care if they makes sense as long as they give the impression of being inspirational. Just overlay on a stolen photo of a sunset. 

I like when someone did those sorts of photos, but all the quotes were things Charlie said on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I like when someone did those sorts of photos, but all the quotes were things Charlie said on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I have not had the pleasure of seeing those but they sound marvelous!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived