IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 4

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

She tweeted that she was shutting down her snapchat account for August.  And, that when she starts back up it will be with a new account.  

Am I the only one thinking that she's either fighting with someone or getting pervy snaps back?  

I don't know how Snapchat works. I know (theoretically) what it does. Is shutting down and then starting up under a new name the way to unfriend someone?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, refugee said:

I don't know how Snapchat works. I know (theoretically) what it does. Is shutting down and then starting up under a new name the way to unfriend someone?

She could block someone anytime, but getting a new account is the only way to change one's username. 

43 minutes ago, fiery redhead said:

She could block someone anytime, but getting a new account is the only way to change one's username. 

Oh, well then! Sounds like it's time for moving on and reinventing herself!

(thanks for the explanation)

i noticed on her blog she posted music videos that reflect her love life, in the past and "currently." But of course, she won't give details, just hints, because she wants people to beg her to tell them about it. What is it going to take for her to start growing up?

Raquel's latest post about 29 things everyone needs to remember isn't bad, until you realize she is going to take some of these things in a very wrong way and use them as an excuse to be a bad human.

Don't always listen to what others tell you.  They have their opinions, and you have yours.

This isn't bad advice, except what Raquel means is that she isn't going to listen to anyone who doesn't already agree with her. She is never open to the idea that she might be wrong. 

It's okay to say no.  And to remove any toxic individuals from your life.

Again, not bad advice, but Raquel uses it to cut out anyone who might be rational and try to encourage her to be less selfish. Raquel wants to surround herself with people who only praise her and tell her she is wonderful.

Don't have unrealistic expectations; because people aren't perfect and they won't always meet up to what you want.

Raquel doesn't seem to understand that she has totally unrealistic expectations and seems to think married life will be like Pinterest. 

ETA: I see that on Twitter she is asking for someone to help her with editorial work. I'm guessing by "helping" she means they do all the work while she gets all the credit. 

3. There is no shame in having standards based on what you know you deserve.

14. Don't have unrealistic expectations; because people aren't perfect and they won't always meet up to what you want.

Hm, it's not that it's bad advice, per se,  but it seems a little contradictory, given that she frequently gives the impression that what she deserves is everything she wants and some perfection.  She writes like everyone who isn't perfect and doesn't always meet up with what she wants gets blacklisted as a toxic person she needs to get rid of. Anyone who isn't always associated with a fluffy feeling gets  blocked from her phone. Anyone who expects her to make some compromises is a manipulator and you need to get as far away as possible. 

Of course it's all completely justified because they don't give her what she "knows she deserves". 

But it does make it damn hard to work out any problems in the relationship if Plan A is always, "Cut them out of your life", and Plan B is, "Do it immediately."

8. Making bad choices, dealing with past mistakes, having a bruised or broken heart does not lessen your value or make you damaged goods.

I agree with this.

10. You should never have to compromise your life so that someone can fit into it.

Never? Sure, try to hold on to your core values and what's most important to you, but there are some compromises in almost every functioning relationship I think... If someone thinks she does not have to make any compromises and give anything up in order to have a relationship, it usually just means that the other person is making twice as many sacrifices in order to try to fit into her life, keep her happy and accommodate for her every whim.

4. There is no proven formula to how to love someone. No right or wrong way.

Oh, you don't say? That explains the thousand posts that are titled "53 ways to date me the wrong way", "48 ways to love me the right way",  "This is what you've been waiting for: the formula how to  compliment me", "64 things that will get you blocked from my phone", etc.

What drives me nuts about Raquel is that she has all these oppurtunities, such as travelling to Peru, and yet she squanders them with her self-indulgent attitude. Makes me want to beat her with a pool noodle. 

Miss Raquel went and got herself "rebaptized" because she likes attention she wants to make a public declaration of her love story with Jesus. I've seen people get baptized again after realizing they weren't really saved the first time around, but I've never seen someone get baptized again just because it popped into their head and they wanted to do it.

And now her baptism story. 

http://www.itsjustraquel.com/2016/08/fifteen-years-later-my-baptism-story.html

This is not 'crazy' or special.  I got baptized when I was 19, wandered away from Church, came back and was baptized again later in life.  A lot of people do this.  

I will say her babbling is something that I would point to as a reason for parents to encourage children to wait until they understand what baptism means on their own without peer or parental pressure.  I was asked if I wanted to get baptized when I was 9 or 10.  My mother said no - because she knew that it should come from me and not be because a classmate wanted this and someone was trying to include me.  I've attended 'lake' (in quotes because it was a farm pond for swimming) baptism as well as church baptisms before where numerous kids as young as kindergarten have been baptized.  Even then I silently questioned the practice because I doubted that a 5-year-old really, fully understood.

So yet again - yup - she's fawning for attention.  

Baptizing 5 year olds is about as spiritually meaningful as baptizing people 100 years after they died.

At least Raquel wore a dark colored shirt...

There are a lot of people who get baptized as adults because they realized that they didn't really understand what they were doing when they were a child, but she claims she did understand exactly what she was doing as a child. The "crazy" thought that she should do it all over again popped into her head, which, to me, seems just as meaningless as baptizing a child who doesn't understand. The actual point of baptism seems to be missing from her reasons to get baptized again. 

So how does God decide if the first baptism was good enough or if the person needs to continue to try and get it right again and again?

15 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

So how does God decide if the first baptism was good enough or if the person needs to continue to try and get it right again and again?

"Hmm, Raquel is not getting enough attention lately now that her indie pop career is going nowhere and she can't go to Peru three times in the span of a year to go be creepy to vulnerable boys starved for human contact..."

Her most recent self-centered pome is up, illustrated with her latest idealized romantic photo.

The title, oddly enough, is "You."  But in truth, it is Me.

Each line is all about Me. 

And You only come into the pome to look at Me, be explained to by Me, hear the complaints of My soul, listen to Me, adore how My face looks, touch Me provocatively, watch My tears, listen to Me describe Myself, tell Me how much you love Me, be patient with Me when I act self centered, remind Me I will continue to be adored, figure out how to read My mind when I refuse to talk, be content to hear Me when I decide to talk "simply because I don't want to feel it alone" and be content when I decide not to share, touch My lips, and finally . . . tell Me you will always love ME.

You | a poem

My fingers were twisting together like an old tree's roots, knotted and painful like the past I was explaining to you
You looked at me, your eyes full of patience as I stumbled over the words that were so hard to say
I told you of the times that hurt me deepest
I explained to you the reasons why I act the way I do sometimes
I relayed the moments of pure joy, pure sadness, pure ecstasy
And before I knew it, I let you into a room of my heart that I had never let anyone else in before
So quickly, so easily
I was able to bare my soul to you
And you listened
You laid there, propping yourself up so that you could look down on my face
Your other arm resting gently on my stomach, your hand closed around my side
You watched as tears spilled gently from my eyes, onto the pillow beneath my head
And I described myself to you
I told you that some days, I will forget why I am with someone like you, someone who deserves so much better than me, and you might have to remind me why you love me
Some afternoons, I will stumble in the way I treat you, or block you out because I'm afraid you'll hurt me like others have before you, but I know that's not fair to you because you're nothing like them.
Please be patient with me when that happens
Just remind me that you're you and not them
And some nights I will be sunken in deep silence and you won't know how to pull me out of that forest of thoughts that fill my head
Sometimes I need to feel the sadness in order to let it go
And sometimes, I'll share it with you, not for you to try to make me happy again
But simply because I don't want to feel it alone
And when that sob began to rise in my chest, you gently laid a finger over my lips and said,
"Hey, I still love you.  I always will."
And in that moment I knew the only thing that would be able to drag me out of the entanglement of memories is that voice
That touch
That you.

I can't read it.  Many of those lines are paragraphs screaming for punctuation.  In the first 12 or so lines i see potential for beats/rhythm but was I get in my head is babbling (which is why I couldn't finish). 

At one time, her family went to a church that embraced infant baptism and rejected believer baptism (unless it was a previously unbaptized adult who was joining that church). They (meaning the powers that be at that church, as well as most of the people who were members there) absolutely, positively would have rejected being baptized a second time because the first time wasn't somehow personally meaningful.

I didn't watch the video. Were her parents there? Or was this a way of thumbing her nose at them?

10 hours ago, refugee said:

At one time, her family went to a church that embraced infant baptism and rejected believer baptism (unless it was a previously unbaptized adult who was joining that church). They (meaning the powers that be at that church, as well as most of the people who were members there) absolutely, positively would have rejected being baptized a second time because the first time wasn't somehow personally meaningful.

I didn't watch the video. Were her parents there? Or was this a way of thumbing her nose at them?

They have also been in a church that was decidedly credobaptist, so I doubt this was to oppose her parents. 

I don't think it was to get back at her parents because she said she was baptized when she was six after getting saved. This baptism seems more like an attention getting ploy and @Grimalkin is most likely correct that a guy she wants to impress is one of the reasons she did this. 

On 8/10/2016 at 7:47 AM, formergothardite said:

There are a lot of people who get baptized as adults because they realized that they didn't really understand what they were doing when they were a child, but she claims she did understand exactly what she was doing as a child. The "crazy" thought that she should do it all over again popped into her head, which, to me, seems just as meaningless as baptizing a child who doesn't understand. The actual point of baptism seems to be missing from her reasons to get baptized again. 

You hit the nail right on the head. It's not about wanting to redo a baptism that she didn't fully understand -- that would undermine her specialness because it'd show she wasn't precocious enough to truly believe in what she was doing the first time around. Even if admitting that would be totally normal and reasonable. Instead, the choice seems like just another impulsive decision amid claims of being older and wiser than the previous time. Even her blog post on it seems kind of confused on the reasoning why.

I'm also of the belief of other people in the thread that there's an unmentioned reason for the re-baptism, and it's probably a guy. :pb_rollseyes:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived