IGNORED

Josh - back to selling used cars in plain sight -Part 17

OnceUponATime

It also depends on the bishop, who is the head of the local church. I know some bishops of congregations near where I was raised allowed their congregations to use lanterns on their buggies while other bishops just allowed the orange triangle and reflectors .

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well,  I know in Lancaster at least, they are required to use the orange triangles by the DMV b/c they use the same streets as cars. And a couple of fatal, awful buggy/car accidents led to that. They aren't allowed to drive/get a license so they have to hire cars/drivers. But a lot of the kids do.

The ones I see in Wisconsin, if you are up close and see their clothes, you can tell they don't use sewing machines. My kids played at a school/meeting house and they only had outhouses.  I see big groups of them and never saw a cell phone or anything like that.   As you drive through you can tell the Amish farms because there are no tractors. I also saw them on occasion using a horse going in a circle to turn the crank for ice cream. (for huge amounts, not just the kind you can turn by hand.)

In a way it's a luxury for us nowadays to treat animals such as horses very humanely.  Historically when farmers or cowboys used them as work horses they were all worked till they were too old or lame.  No one could afford to keep them just out to pasture when they were old.  Most horses in the US are kept for pleasure so people usually don't own them unless they have money to keep them in good conditions and it's hard to imagine depending on horses for feeding the family.  When the crops need to be brought in or spoil, it's hard to make the comfort of the animals top priority.

Of course I'm not defending poor animal treatment, just pointing out a different perspective that it may be hard for us to imagine.

1 hour ago, anotherone said:

The ones I see in Wisconsin, if you are up close and see their clothes, you can tell they don't use sewing machines. My kids played at a school/meeting house and they only had outhouses.  I see big groups of them and never saw a cell phone or anything like that.   As you drive through you can tell the Amish farms because there are no tractors. I also saw them on occasion using a horse going in a circle to turn the crank for ice cream. (for huge amounts, not just the kind you can turn by hand.)

In a way it's a luxury for us nowadays to treat animals such as horses very humanely.  Historically when farmers or cowboys used them as work horses they were all worked till they were too old or lame.  No one could afford to keep them just out to pasture when they were old.  Most horses in the US are kept for pleasure so people usually don't own them unless they have money to keep them in good conditions and it's hard to imagine depending on horses for feeding the family.  When the crops need to be brought in or spoil, it's hard to make the comfort of the animals top priority.

Of course I'm not defending poor animal treatment, just pointing out a different perspective that it may be hard for us to imagine.

Wisconsinite here who has seen amish at farmer's markets using cash registers but that's all the technology I can remember. I have yet to make it out to amish country though- definitely on my list of things to do so I can get some of their yummy baked goods. My grandma donates (Or used to before the alzheimer's) her old egg cartons to the amish. 

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but RawStory and In Touch are reporting that another molestation victim of Josh has come forward.

A new victim claims child sex abuse by Josh Duggar

I wanted to chit chat a little more about the Amish, but OMG!! 

"Two of his sisters are starring in a spinoff reality TV show, and reports have claimed that Josh Duggar is hoping to land a show of his own."

Counting on Josh Duggar to sin again??

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but RawStory and In Touch are reporting that another molestation victim of Josh has come forward.

A new victim claims child sex abuse by Josh Duggar

Awhile back, In Touch was saying that the fifth victim's parents had been to the TTH* and that JB asked if they were coming forward. Then the rumored girl mysteriously was driving around in a new car days later. I guess it's local lore who victim 5 is? But they didn't print names, and I know we don't speculate on who. Not that I want to know who, really. But I do want to know if this is victim 5 or a brand new victim? The article on RawStory didn't really make that clear.

*The article wasn't online. I've been a subscriber for years, which came in handy during the scandals.

This is not new. They re-circulate that "new victim coming foreward" story every time they have a hole to fill on Facebook.  His rehab was in "Arizona" & "Her parents wanted her to divorce him." We could do a better job of these stories. At least ours would be accurate.

I would not be surprised if there are other victims. For one thing, the Duggars attended all those conferences about conservative issues and Christian homeschooling... where there would be plenty of other potential targets who had not learned about affirmative consent and appropriate touch boundaries, and might be too ashamed to say anything or too starstruck to recognize Josh as a danger. The Duggar parents may claim to watch all their children every minute at those events, but it's physically impossible to keep two pairs of eyes on nineteen people at all times; I'm sure Josh is sneaky enough to have found an opportunity. 

On 6/15/2016 at 7:13 AM, BabyBottlePop said:

They know they can't convert the world. And I think deep down they don't want to. When it comes down to it the Duggars are just in it for themselves...grifting their way through this life on Earth. 

IMO, they want to be seen as trying to convert people of all colors & nationalities, but they don't really want it to happen because then they would have to share Heaven with those people. This, however, is totally untrue of "real" missions minded people of all religions.

This is a 6th victim. There is no mention of Arizona or Anna's parents wanted her to divorce Josh in that Raw Story article. However, it is a known fact that Daniel hates Josh and tried to persuade Anna to leave Josh and offered to take her and the kids in.

Mark my words. There will be more scandals and victims. Josh had opportunities for both consensual and non-consensual sexual contact with girls and women (conferences, trips, visiting/hosting other families, etc).

“The Duggars knew the girl. Michelle was terrified when she heard that this girl was talking about what Josh had done.”
Fashion & Style reported that the family of the molestation victim was contacted by the Duggar parents in order to discuss the situation — yet another scandal in a long string of sexually related scandals for their eldest son Josh. The victim’s family assured Jim Bob and Michelle that there would be no legal action taken against Josh, but also stated that the young woman “rebelled” after Josh Duggar molested her, and left home at a very young age, while Josh Duggar seemed to carry on with a normal life, marrying his wife Anna and starting their own family."

What is extra sickening IMO is JB and Michelle trying to talk the parents of the victim out of coming forward. Not surprising, but for people who tout themselves to the world as such good Christian role models, they're certainly more concerned about covering their own asses versus offering any sort of compassion for the victims (including their own children). 

Here is a link to the Inquisitr article that has a bit more info. Interestingly, they posit that the new "scandal" might just be a ploy to ensure Josh's fame since he realizes he can't rely on his daddy's wealth for his entire life. As creepy as that is, that's certainly less horrific than the idea that there are additional victims - perhaps this part of the story is to distract the public from the possibility of a more disturbing reality.  Inquistr Article

This "new" victim just seems like that same victim we keep hearing about with slight variations to the story. 

3 hours ago, ThunderRolls said:

“The Duggars knew the girl. Michelle was terrified when she heard that this girl was talking about what Josh had done.”
Fashion & Style reported that the family of the molestation victim was contacted by the Duggar parents in order to discuss the situation — yet another scandal in a long string of sexually related scandals for their eldest son Josh. The victim’s family assured Jim Bob and Michelle that there would be no legal action taken against Josh, but also stated that the young woman “rebelled” after Josh Duggar molested her, and left home at a very young age, while Josh Duggar seemed to carry on with a normal life, marrying his wife Anna and starting their own family."

What is extra sickening IMO is JB and Michelle trying to talk the parents of the victim out of coming forward. Not surprising, but for people who tout themselves to the world as such good Christian role models, they're certainly more concerned about covering their own asses versus offering any sort of compassion for the victims (including their own children). 

Here is a link to the Inquisitr article that has a bit more info. Interestingly, they posit that the new "scandal" might just be a ploy to ensure Josh's fame since he realizes he can't rely on his daddy's wealth for his entire life. As creepy as that is, that's certainly less horrific than the idea that there are additional victims - perhaps this part of the story is to distract the public from the possibility of a more disturbing reality.  Inquistr Article

It's not even a new need to cover their asses. They've been doing it since the molestation happened way back when, and they'll probably keep on doing it for the rest of their lives.

On 2016-06-14 at 4:21 PM, AreYouThereGothard? said:

<snip>

There really is no rationale for the Duggars sheltering their children so much, yet mooching off the rest "the world". 

<snip>

I'm late to this discussion, but one possibility just occurred to me, to explain why the Duggars approve of crumby, inadequate homeskooling for their own kids, but feel free to take advantage of the services of very well-educated people (not only doctors, but I bet they've also made use of lawyers):

Maybe they think only a small number of people can be saved by God and join God in heaven. That small number would, of course, include the Duggars and the 1000 friends who come to their weddings.

Everyone else will not be saved. Those who will not be saved do not have to have a Duggar-type (mis-)education, and it's ok for them to be corrupted by exposure to the kinds of knowledge Jchelle and JimBoob deprive their children of.

So the Duggar-type "purity" (aka ignorance and stupidity) only needs to be reserved for the select few.

I really wish this victim would come forward publicly. I understand why she hasn't; she deserves her privacy and shouldn't have to deal with the public scrutiny but still imagine the impact. I feel like a non Duggar victim coming forward and slamming Josh in the media would finally take this evil family down. 

The Duggars always seem to get away relatively scot free. Any mere mortal (snicker) would never have recovered from  the two Josh scandals, yet they managed to get back on TV, have Danica drop the suit and maintain a decent level of coverage in the media. 

I'm fully expecting there to be another Counting On season or other Duggar repackage show, to be announced in the not too distant future.

I wonder how they will show Josh in the upcoming Counting On episodes, especially once we get to a JinJer wedding. How are they going to film that wedding without a shot of him here or there? 

I just don't know how they can bring him back. He was so smarmy before anyone knew. Watching old episodes and hearing him talk so smugly in the talking heads makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. He better not have the gal to continue to act smug, but who am I kidding? He's a Duggar. 

I think he'll be in the background, I don't think we'll see him doing any talking heads (apart from maybe an initial "apology" and "I've asked for God's forgiveness" twaddle). As his generation gets married off, there's more players in the game so it'll be easy for them to airbrush him into the background.

I don't think we'll see Josh paraded about at the wedding or JinJer episodes..  He'll probably be visible in the background.  What will be unavoidable is a potentially pregnant Anna.  Whether she's in the background or right up front with the pregnancy, it will need to be addressed.  Likewise, a lack of pregnancy will eventually need to be addressed, as fertile Myrtle/Anna has either been unavailable to Josh or using birth control.

12 hours ago, Mothership said:

I don't think we'll see Josh paraded about at the wedding or JinJer episodes..  He'll probably be visible in the background.  What will be unavoidable is a potentially pregnant Anna.  Whether she's in the background or right up front with the pregnancy, it will need to be addressed.  Likewise, a lack of pregnancy will eventually need to be addressed, as fertile Myrtle/Anna has either been unavailable to Josh or using birth control.

Meredith is just a baby and Anna is usually getting pregnant when kids are older than 1 year old, so I don't think pregnancy is an issue right now.

I'm sure Josh and Anna will have more kids, in order to keep the marriage strong. It's a typical religious solution for marriage crisis and yes, it's a recipe for disaster. But Josh was obviously done with kids after Michael, so maybe he'll try to have the less the possible.

If Josh was done with kids, he could have put his foot down and told Anna he wanted to introduce contraceptives into their lives, or at least a vasectomy. I assume no real attempts were made to prevent Marcus and Meredith, so I expect more Duggar babies in the future.

4 hours ago, season of life said:

If Josh was done with kids, he could have put his foot down and told Anna he wanted to introduce contraceptives into their lives, or at least a vasectomy. I assume no real attempts were made to prevent Marcus and Meredith, so I expect more Duggar babies in the future.

As a Duggar male he would probably never have a vasectomy. Because : monty python: every sperm is sacred.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived