IGNORED

Josh - back to selling used cars in plain sight -Part 17

OnceUponATime

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

This actually makes a lot of sense. Until relatively recently, a lot of men took mistresses and went to prostitutes because they wanted to do certain sexual acts that they considered to be "degrading" to their wives, who were "respectable women" and above such things (I say "until recently" but I have no doubt this attitude lives on in many quarters). It wouldn't surprise me if Josh wants Anna to be the mother of his legitimate children and keeper of the home, but wants various side women he can be freaky with in a way Anna won't or shouldn't be, in his mind.

I'm sure the attitude lives on. I mainly know about it through the histories of aristocrats and royal families, where marriages were arranged, and it was pretty much expected that a prince or king would marry a noble/princess who was selected for political reasons, only deal with her for official functions and popping out an heir, and then get all his emotional and sexual gratification from a mistress or lots of prostitutes. I'm sure that this sort of thing didn't stop with love marriages becoming more common/the end of political alliances through marriage of monarchs.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, so those other accounts were Josh?  He had some interesting things listed in them.   I think one account mentioned that he like to drink.

1 hour ago, Jennifer Hart said:

Hmm, so those other accounts were Josh?  He had some interesting things listed in them.   I think one account mentioned that he like to drink.

I think those accounts were boring as hell and things we already knew. Like no drinking, a person is inmoral if not a christian, bubble bath for two...

8 hours ago, imokit said:

more details on the daily fail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3724839/Josh-Duggar-sued-stealing-man-s-image-using-attract-women-cheating-site-Ashley-Madison.html

This one may have merit - if they can prove in court that those accounts were Josh's, the pic was the guy and the guy has kept some of the nasty comments he's got about it.

I almost feel sorry for Josh, everytime he starts to inch away from the top of JBs s**t list, something like this happens to remind JB why Josh is there.  JB must be furious at the moment!!!

He may have a case, but what is the real chance of recovery?  Smuggles (and his family) are mostly unemployed with no assets.  

I wonder if they saw this coming and announced Jinger's engagement as a distraction. The timing's a bit off, but we were surprised the courtship wasn't announced at the end of the last season.

^That wouldn't surprise me knowing how well the Duggars try to control their image. But now that the engagement is old news, hopefully this will pick up some steam. 

On 5/30/2016 at 7:59 PM, Jana814 said:

After the scandal about Josh came out I realized why they married him off so quickly and young. They probably thought he's normal & now married to a lovely girl. 

Also, I think they rushed to have him married off before word got out about his past.  If that had gotten out before he would have never been seen as marriage material.  Understandably so! What fundie woman would marry him and actually raise children with him if they knew all the details of the molesting?

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Anna said she knew about it, but how much she knew is anyone's guess.

I am guessing she knew very little and probably did not understand most of it.

24 minutes ago, Jessie E said:

I am guessing she knew very little and probably did not understand most of it.

I'm sure she didn't understand much. I also think her parents pushed her marrying him because they thought she could have financial stability because of the show. 

51 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I'm sure she didn't understand much. I also think her parents pushed her marrying him because they thought she could have financial stability because of the show. 

I full heartily agree!

I don't think this guy suing Josh has a leg to stand on. He willfully put his picture on the internet where anyone could use it.

I can't wait to see the lawsuit details.  They ought to be good. 

48 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I don't think this guy suing Josh has a leg to stand on. He willfully put his picture on the internet where anyone could use it.

I think there have been cases where people's images who have been stolen and used for unsavory purposes have successfully sued:

http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/2014/07/can-you-sue-if-your-photo-is-used-without-your-permission.html

Maybe he could claim false light? What do our degreed law officials think?

Interesting. Depending on the state, he might be able to make a claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress, or potentially false light. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived