IGNORED

Counting On - Part 5: Ben Raps, We Cringe

choralcrusader8613

21 minutes ago, InThePrayerCloset said:

Any advice for us poor souls outside the usa? its not popular enough for any of the torrent sites (not that i would ever use one...) :kitty-wink: and youtube isn't producing much joy either... perhaps the best bet is a masking VPN to look like i'm in the usa and stream it through the TLC site?

Not sure where you are but TLC UK are showing the specials which were broadcast in the US in Dec starting on the 11th APR. I imagine they will show the series as well at some point. It sucks it is such a long time after the US but might be better than trying to find a copy illegally.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Car "detailing" Yes, there are courses to take to become a detailer. One of Three's friends is a detailer, and she had to take a course.  We actually hired a guy (he quit his other job and got a little detailing trailer) to detail the outside of our camper to make it pretty so we can sell it. We have hired the same company to detail our son's vehicle (we are in control of it right now, but it smelled and was dirty like the inside of an ashtray. A TEAM of guys worked on that car . When they were done, the inside was like the inside of a brand new car. They even did some ozone treatment to the heating and AC vents, to get the smoke smell out.  

It was pricey but It was Worth It.

Three's friend the detailer works primarily for a used car company. I think it's piecework. She also does people's cars on the side. The guy we hired assesses the vehicle then gives a price. TBH, I was shocked when he quoted the price for the car and said it would take three hours. They worked SIX and didn't charge an extra cent. I'd hire that guy again and again!

19 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Ben-Pac, Easy B, Benye, or Benstie Boy.

Killa Benz

Big Daddy Ben

B-Unit

B-Pain

And with apologies to Salt n Pepa--

Binderrella

I'd be surprised if Ben has talent to go with his interest, but you never know.  He didn't grow up in the musical culture that gives rise to rap.  From the short clip I watched, Ben seems to be into the music intellectually, which shows he has a capacity to think cross culturally.  That's more than I could say about any of the Duggars.

Sure, Flame could be doing the rap session with Benye for the TLC exposure, but I think there's some true respect for the faith tradition of the music on Ben's part.  I think Benye and Flame are trying to say something about how faith in Jesus transcends race and culture. Benye might turn out to be something more than a Doogar house bitch.  I can always hope!

21 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

People pay for "detailing," which is a method of cleaning a car. I can't imagine there being a course on it, though. :pb_lol: I thought it was something you learned by experience, or--ya know--during the course of on-the-job training.

It's amazing that such simpleton tasks require some sort of "training".  I just figured most people that get jobs at car washes were innately born with the ability to make filthy cars look showroom new.

1 hour ago, MatthewDuggar said:

It's amazing that such simpleton tasks require some sort of "training".  I just figured most people that get jobs at car washes were innately born with the ability to make filthy cars look showroom new.

I take this was sarcastic, but I'll still add my own story to the mix. 

I got a job cleaning houses and I thought "how hard could it be? I clean my house every week!" holy shit was I wrong. They had special company policies on how to clean EVERYTHING because the way people clean at home is not conducive to cleaning for 8 hours straight. Also, people expect empty and clean houses to look a certain way. Probably the same way people expect their cars to look like they drove it right off the car lot.

My first day I learned how to clean windows. That's it. Blinds, glass, and window tracks. And it took all day for me to learn and practice and be good enough for my boss to sign off on, and she said that I learned the fastest of any of the new hires.

They taught me how to clean quickly, effectively, and with the least amount of fatigue. It took me about 2 months to catch up with everyone and learn everything I needed to know so that my boss didn't have to come check on everything after I did it.

I'd actually probably take a class on how to detail a car because I am absolute shit at cleaning the car out.

Yeah, I would definitely need to be taught how to clean properly if someone was paying me to do it. No one would pay me for the way I clean my own house...ha!

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Killa Benz

Big Daddy Ben

B-Unit

B-Pain

And with apologies to Salt n Pepa--

Binderrella

B Headship

Benny B Good (Not rap, but kind of fits)

4 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

The difference between cleaning out your own car and a professionally detailed car is night and day. They use cleaners and tools the average person just doesn't keep around (and they also get paid, which is a great motivator). My sister used to date a guy who worked as a detailer for a pretty big car dealership. He made decent money at it, and while they were in the honeymoon phase of their relationship all the cars in our family were in showroom condition. Now, not so much, but I'd rather have a filthy car and a happy sister. :my_smile:

3 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

The difference between cleaning out your own car and a professionally detailed car is night and day. They use cleaners and tools the average person just doesn't keep around (and they also get paid, which is a great motivator). My sister used to date a guy who worked as a detailer for a pretty big car dealership. He made decent money at it, and while they were in the honeymoon phase of their relationship all the cars in our family were in showroom condition. Now, not so much, but I'd rather have a filthy car and a happy sister. :my_smile:

Exactly. I do not have the tools, specialized cleaning products or skills to detail my car. And my husband knows that giving me a gift certificate for a detailing is a wonderful  birthday present!

2 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

B Headship

Benny B Good (Not rap, but kind of fits)

Lil' B

B. Sizzle

GrandHeadship B

Ben.i.be

SweetTea B

Preacha Boy

2 Hatz

I'm guessing Ben's interest in rap is no different than that of a lot of young suburban white guys who didn't grow up with any black friends. Nothing wrong with it, but it's coming from a place of wanting to be cool, and lucky for him, he's found artists that rap from a Christian perspective. This is probably a phase he'll outgrow and look back on it like, "Look at this foolish thing I liked in my 20s."

You know what would be really interesting and would never happen because we're not allowed to have honesty from a reality show? A frank TH from Jessa about how she didn't grow up with any music except classical and hymns, because her parents/faith say it's a serious sin. And a confession that either she's disagreed with that for a long time, or she has a problem with Ben's interest in music and it's been a serious challenge for her to accept it. 

5 minutes ago, lascuba said:

You know what would be really interesting and would never happen because we're not allowed to have honesty from a reality show? A frank TH from Jessa about how she didn't grow up with any music except classical and hymns, because her parents/faith say it's a serious sin. And a confession that either she's disagreed with that for a long time, or she has a problem with Ben's interest in music and it's been a serious challenge for her to accept it. 

That would be awesome.  Jessa being vulnerable and real.  We can always hope.

35 minutes ago, Drala said:

That would be awesome.  Jessa being vulnerable and real.  We can always hope.

I think the most ever real we saw Jessa was  in two things

1) The Megan Kelly interview and her claiming We don't need the show - crapola - because I truly think in that moment she actually believed it 

2) her engagement was pretty real to me 

I don't get why they were in Euerka Springs in last week's episode though 

as for being real - she can't - the bathroom scene comes to me blaring in the fact 

1 hour ago, nst said:

1) The Megan Kelly interview and her claiming We don't need the show - crapola - because I truly think in that moment she actually believed it 

as for being real - she can't - the bathroom scene comes to me blaring in the fact 

What bathroom scene?

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

What bathroom scene?

Sorry - I was re watching you tube videos of the fall shows of 1982 on you tube :D

the  bathroom scene -in the three part mini series - where the camera crew followed Jessa into the bathroom to ask her a question and she was silently curling her hair and she wouldn't answer it

did anyone see the Seewalds birthday video to Iddy - highly entertaining - I swear I heard Jessa refer to her son as Spurgy.

On 4/10/2016 at 8:57 PM, ClaraOswin said:

I don't know if Jessa's awkwardness is due to her upbringing or if it's just her personality. I feel super out of place when I don't know anyone in a group of people so I can kind of get it. Hopefully she'll get more comfortable over time.

She's 19 or 20, right?  I didn't grow up fundie, but I did grow up part of a large family.  I was very at ease when with my family or friends, but at that age, I was still quite insecure and shy, so in situations where I didn't know most of the people, or just one (like Jessa knowing only Ben), I was ill at ease and it probably showed.  

1 hour ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Yup, she's 23.

How old is she mentally?

I'm suddenly reminded of a therapist who told me that when we suffer a trauma, we can get stuck at the age it happened. The Duggar parents already encourage immaturity/prolonged dependence in their children. Add to that dealing with the trauma from whatever Josh did.........She's not really 23.

In my own case, my dad took sick when I was 17 and died when I was 18, and I definitely felt stuck at that age for several years. I'd say I don't feel I really caught up until I was 23 or 24.

13 hours ago, lascuba said:

This is probably a phase he'll outgrow and look back on it like, "Look at this foolish thing I liked in my 20s."

Or, when I was 20.  When he was just coming off of his teens.  I see plenty of guys in college, and in their early mid 20's, still walking around with their pants hanging low and all that other stuff.  He is just a kid still.

6 hours ago, BabyFreeZone said:

How old is she mentally?

I'm suddenly reminded of a therapist who told me that when we suffer a trauma, we can get stuck at the age it happened.

Wasn't she like 12 or so.  I'm not saying she acts that age but having the abuse happen as a pre-teen has to be seriously traumatic.  It still just boggles the mind that they can act like they're over it completely.  And that the husbands are fine with it.  Are they great actors or what?  How can you not cringe every time it's brought up?  And be so "joyfully available" on your wedding day after absolutely no physical contact in your whole life except the abuse. I just don't get it. Think Ben or Derrick noticed anything unusual with them? I know Derrick at least had some experience with other women.   They seem like aliens to me.

Big Spurge Daddy

Rappin Miss o genist

The Elect

Prazor

But really, can someone PLEASE autotune something Bin for us?  PLEASE?

16 hours ago, nst said:

The labor/delivery of Spurgetron was also real to me.  

4 hours ago, anotherone said:

I know Derrick at least had some experience with other women.   

Really?! Is there any discussion or talk of Derrick having dated other women before Jill? Despite the Duggar's strong beliefs and teachings, I would think that that would not settle all that well with them, especially with the daughters. They'd forgive, but probably still be jealous. 

18 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

Lil' B

B. Sizzle

GrandHeadship B

Ben.i.be

SweetTea B

Preacha Boy

2 Hatz

B'izzle to the See'wizzle

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived