choralcrusader8613

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've thought of some potential album titles for Ben:

Benpacalypse Now

Fear of  a Duggar Planet

9 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

The labor/delivery of Spurgetron was also real to me.  

yes, I spaced after seeing all that blood  on the floor and Jessa mentioning six weeks later she hadn't cleaned under the bed 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

yes, I spaced after seeing all that blood  on the floor and Jessa mentioning six weeks later she hadn't cleaned under the bed 

Lol someone send that poor girl a swiffer wetjet!

I did not watch the Spurgeon Birth......did they honestly show the blood loss??.

7 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

I did not watch the Spurgeon Birth......did they honestly show the blood loss??.

I saw blood on the  sheets on the stretcher they took her to the hospital on. Some people disagreed with me but it was blood!

Ok. Because I was present for my SIL's 2nd birth, where she had a postpartum hemorrhage, and boy, howdy, that was NOT for the faint of heart.

52 minutes ago, Snarkylark said:

I saw blood on the  sheets on the stretcher they took her to the hospital on. Some people disagreed with me but it was blood!

I agree that it was blood on the sheet.

6 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

Lol someone send that poor girl a swiffer wetjet!

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they lost P&G as a sponsor long ago...

Ben is seriously trying to be a rapper? I haven't had chance to find a link for Counting On. Maybe I should soon. It sounds like absolute cringe.

8 hours ago, Kjaerringa said:

you can see as Jessa pops him out the midwife's legs or something and you see a gush of blood all over her legs,knees, and the ground 

32 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Is this episode the last of the manufactured Duggar drama?

no next week according to my pvr the girls go on a road trip 

18 hours ago, Lillybee said:

How about Boob's Dawg?

18 hours ago, Georgiana said:

He could start a group and they could be The Lawn Boyz

Boob's Dawg and The Lawn Boyz

1 hour ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Is this episode the last of the manufactured Duggar drama?

But weren't they all?  Even in the beginning.  I remember an early episode where they went grocery shopping and virtually all the kids went too, and they were all pushing loaded shopping carts.  And I'm thinking, how inefficient, with all the kids there the parents have to watch them and can't concentrate, you wouldn't push 10 carts around, you'd probably call the store ahead of time, you'd probably buy the canned stuff in bulk, etc. So even everything at the start was contrived.

You know, maybe even the leghumpers realize it's all contrived, but still don't care.  Maybe to them it's this idealized world that they like watching and like pretending it's real.  Like watching a Disney movie or something or little kids' cartoons like Teletubbies.  That might explain the somewhat high ratings.

in the newest promo on usmagazine.com 

jessa is at TTH discussing the tree house with JD while breastfeeding beside him and giving him heck because he won't put a window in the tree house 

he actually glanced at the camera while talking to her - because she was being obnoxious 

3 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

Ben is seriously trying to be a rapper? I haven't had chance to find a link for Counting On. Maybe I should soon. It sounds like absolute cringe.

The TLC website has a couple of episodes as well as some clips. I haven't seen any um, samples of Ben's rapping yet. :)

@anotherone, yes they definitely have to call ahead. In any reality show when they visit public places or friends or whatever, production has to plan beforehand and have people sign releases. For example, they can't show footage of a store clerk legally, without a signed release from that person. 

11 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

The TLC website has a couple of episodes as well as some clips. I haven't seen any um, samples of Ben's rapping yet. :)

Oh you're in for a real treat then. :my_biggrin:  They showed the rapping scene in some commercials a few weeks ago and let's just say I don't think he'l be getting any record deals anytime soon.  I don't know that he actually wants to be a rapper.  I think he befriended Flame and Flame let him go inside the recording booth just to get a feel for it.

The only rapping Ben needs to be doing is wrapping it up and getting a real-world job like a responsible husband and father. (And lose the hat... for good.)

2 hours ago, anotherone said:

But weren't they all?  Even in the beginning.  I remember an early episode where they went grocery shopping and virtually all the kids went too, and they were all pushing loaded shopping carts.  And I'm thinking, how inefficient, with all the kids there the parents have to watch them and can't concentrate, you wouldn't push 10 carts around, you'd probably call the store ahead of time, you'd probably buy the canned stuff in bulk, etc. So even everything at the start was contrived.

You know, maybe even the leghumpers realize it's all contrived, but still don't care.  Maybe to them it's this idealized world that they like watching and like pretending it's real.  Like watching a Disney movie or something or little kids' cartoons like Teletubbies.  That might explain the somewhat high ratings.

I think that must play a role, to a certain degree.  Sort of like people who like watching Pioneer Woman and the idealized version of "living in the middle of nowhere" feeding hungry kids and cowboys.  It always cracked me up when Ree would go up to the "lodge" to cook - this beautiful expensive lodge on their property, probably built specifically for filming the tv show.  As if that's so normal - doesn't everybody with a little bit of property have a nice fancy lodge for cooking and entertaining? 

Real life for most fundies must be somewhat grim, what with all the kids, usually very little income, and living on a shoestring.  Just like during the Depression, people would go to the movies to watch rags to riches movies, poor little orphan Shirley Temple find a wealthy grandfather or father and head off into the sunset for a life of ease.  So fundies must enjoy watching the Duggars or the Bates and imagining that they too might have such good fortune one day.

13 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Just like during the Depression, people would go to the movies to watch rags to riches movies, poor little orphan Shirley Temple find a wealthy grandfather or father and head off into the sunset for a life of ease.  So fundies must enjoy watching the Duggars or the Bates and imagining that they too might have such good fortune one day.

Oh, you KNOW Jill-Rod does!

Treehouse:  Another opportunity to sell the idea that the girls don't just do "Girl work".  Well, at least they're not in flip-flops this time.

I'm still waiting for the boys to branch out in to non traditional boy work.  If they really wanted to sell this storyline, then maybe JD should have done his own laundry!

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived