IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 3

samurai_sarah

Confession:  I wear men's cologne sometimes.  I don't know what it is about traditionally "masculine" scents, but I find them very calming, so I like to put them on before bed.  Earthy, woodsy, pine, smoke, citrus, and spicy notes tend to read better on my skin than florals, so I have better luck with male scents than female ones.    

And I wear a lot of hoodies with PJ pants at night (main time I wear hoodies), so my hoodies often smell slightly of men's cologne.  

What I am saying is that I happen to have a lot of hoodies that smell like men.  And I am obsessed with approximately 0 of them because they are just hoodies.  

Stop being creepy, Raquel.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long until she scares off these two guys because she acts all creepy and overly attached? She doesn't seem to maintain the same circle of guy friends for very long. 

7 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Confession:  I wear men's cologne sometimes.  I don't know what it is about traditionally "masculine" scents, but I find them very calming, so I like to put them on before bed.  Earthy, woodsy, pine, smoke, citrus, and spicy notes tend to read better on my skin than florals, so I have better luck with male scents than female ones.    

And I wear a lot of hoodies with PJ pants at night (main time I wear hoodies), so my hoodies often smell slightly of men's cologne.  

What I am saying is that I happen to have a lot of hoodies that smell like men.  And I am obsessed with approximately 0 of them because they are just hoodies.  

Stop being creepy, Raquel.

I bought an Ed Hardy men's cologn by accident, it is one of my faveorit scents and I get compliments on it all the time. I only recently discoverd it was the men's version. And in the cold weather I almost always end up with a hoodie on at some point in the day. Those front pouches are so handy!

I started listening to this but it is annoying so I stopped. I got to the part where Raquel says that she is the only female vocalist in her band and then says that there are only two people in her band because the non-ex-boyfriend dropped out. They are doing a show in August. I'm not sure I even want to hear about the theology of Deadpool. I haven't seen the movie, but Raquel is obsessed with it. 

I took one of Mr. D's t-shirts with me to Europe, when we were dating, to sleep in because it smelled like him. I also really like the "man in a can" candle my sil has. I don't rub up on random men in order to get their scent on my hoodie. Nor do I try to get them to give me theirs. It's about boundaries Raquel. Boundaries are important. 

On 5/31/2016 at 6:14 AM, formergothardite said:

She is obsessed with hoodies. I can't tell if she constantly brings up hoodies because she actually has a hoodie fetish or it is because she just thinks that women are supposed to be constantly obsessed with hoodies that smell like men. She seems to get a lot of her info about life from romance novels. 

I find this really gross.  

No, I don't want to wear some guy's sweaty stank hoodie.  

15 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

I find this really gross.  

No, I don't want to wear some guy's sweaty stank hoodie.  

Stank Hoodie should be Raquel's next band name.

According to her newest post she is moving at the end of the summer. Whoever had their bets on six months and then God "blessing" her with a better opportunity wins!!!!

When is she leaving for Peru? I can't tell if this is a family visit or if that orphanage is so awful they are letting her back. 

Here's hoping it's a family visit. I don't want to see any more creepy pictures of her plastering herself on young boys.

4 hours ago, xRoo said:

According to her newest post she is moving at the end of the summer. Whoever had their bets on six months and then God "blessing" her with a better opportunity wins!!!!

Maybe her roommate is sick of finding hoodies, Dutch Bros coffee cups, and pieces of crumpled paper with crappy poetry written on them strewn all over the floor?

I'm guessing she is going now - because her twitter shows a pic taken from the air over San Fransisco. 

Oh, my. So of course I had to go and visit her twitter, and read down a ways, and ran across this. (And if it's already been discussed, apologies)

Spoiler

CjrRG3PVEAAN1vK.jpg

On 6/1/2016 at 5:54 AM, formergothardite said:

theology of Deadpool

:pb_lol:

I love it. The only way the Deadpool movie could be more fundie-unfriendly is if someone whipped out an aborted fetus and started eating it onscreen. You're not even trying anymore, are you, Raquel?

Re: Man smell. I've never understood this. I started writing romances for moolah this year, and one thing I came to realize very quickly is how damn codified all of it is. These weird little descriptions of men ("rippling muscles" "masculine scent" "hard manly muscles of manliness" are really more like legos than anything else. You take these elements and you put them together in certain expected patterns. Variation from these patterns is taken very poorly, and it's a large part of why romance novels can be so bizarre. It's less about true romance and more about presenting a pre-determined, comfortable pattern to the reader, like going to your favorite restaurant and ordering your favorite dish. I don't think anyone is really that obsessed with how men smell in real life, except maybe Raquel, but people go on about it in books all the time... But then, I have a very poor sense of smell, so who knows. If I could find a cologne that smelled like the smoke from a wood fire I would douse every fabric surface in my home with it. A man that smells like THAT I could get into sniffing. :pb_razz:

That's not to say that romance novels can't be magnificently written, but even the best of them have about as much bearing on real life as a down coat in hell.

There are certain male scents that I do get quite turned on by. I'm a scent person. My bil once wore a pheromone cologne over to our house to see if it worked. It got really awkward there for a minute. 

22 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

There are certain male scents that I do get quite turned on by. I'm a scent person. My bil once wore a pheromone cologne over to our house to see if it worked. It got really awkward there for a minute. 

:pb_eek: Was he trying to attract you or your sister?

I think he thought if it did anything to me, it must work. I don't think he anticipated the reaction though. He's been much more careful with it since. 

4 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

I'm so sorry, but this made me chuckle a bit. It sounds like you had a good sense of humor about it, and I hope your sister did, too!

My husband wore Aramis cologne when we were dating. It meshed really well with his natural scent, very addicting, and I would sleep with the shirt or sweater I had been wearing while with him. I had not, and still have never, been drawn to another man's scent, but my husband's can lower my heart rate and really comfort me. I tell him he's medicinal! We don't argue often, but when we do he tries to quickly envelope me in a hug because he knows it will be game over for me. What's nice, though, is he reacts the same way to me.

There are many studies linking the longevity of relationships to the partners really liking each other's scents. We will be celebrating 25 years together in August, and even after all of this time, if he isn't available, I'll still cuddle with his shirts. From what I'm reading, though, it sounds like I really need to get him a hoodie.

and last night she whined on twitter about her layover in San Fransisco.  At the time she had been there 6 hours with another hour and a half until her flight.  Poor poor darling of the first world problems to get to the poor poor orphan boys in Peru.  (assuming that is what she is doing and not visiting family)

28 minutes ago, clueliss said:

and last night she whined on twitter about her layover in San Fransisco.  At the time she had been there 6 hours with another hour and a half until her flight.  Poor poor darling of the first world problems to get to the poor poor orphan boys in Peru.  (assuming that is what she is doing and not visiting family)

This must be why she has been wanting to know if any of her readers lived in San Fransisco. She probably wanted them to entertain her. 

wtf.png

Of all the ignorant shit she's ever posted, this made me come closest to pissing in the popcorn.

1. Absolute fuckloads of monarchs have seen combat. It used to be completely standard for monarchs to lead troops into battle, though admittedly it's been a while: Charles XII of Sweden in 1718 appears to have been the last, at least in Europe. Today's interesting historical factoid is brought to you courtesy of doing two minutes of fact-checking
  2. Fuck right off with your smug cutesy viral-bait Christian couplet. Which you BASED ON A COMPLETE LACK OF HISTORICAL KNOWLEDGE.
  3. Is that a fucking photo of her own tweet which she's desaturated and painted a heart over? Presumably so she can repost it, even though it's a load of shite?

On 6/1/2016 at 3:54 AM, formergothardite said:

I started listening to this but it is annoying so I stopped. I got to the part where Raquel says that she is the only female vocalist in her band and then says that there are only two people in her band because the non-ex-boyfriend dropped out. They are doing a show in August. I'm not sure I even want to hear about the theology of Deadpool. I haven't seen the movie, but Raquel is obsessed with it. 

Who is this podcast guy? He's annoying AF

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived