IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 3

samurai_sarah

On 5/31/2016 at 7:03 PM, Georgiana said:

Confession:  I wear men's cologne sometimes.  I don't know what it is about traditionally "masculine" scents, but I find them very calming, so I like to put them on before bed.  Earthy, woodsy, pine, smoke, citrus, and spicy notes tend to read better on my skin than florals, so I have better luck with male scents than female ones.    

And I wear a lot of hoodies with PJ pants at night (main time I wear hoodies), so my hoodies often smell slightly of men's cologne.  

What I am saying is that I happen to have a lot of hoodies that smell like men.  And I am obsessed with approximately 0 of them because they are just hoodies.  

Stop being creepy, Raquel.

I've started getting more into fragrances, and I've found that I prefer more "unisex" scents or male cologne. I like woodsy, smokey, and citrusy scents, and the floral/fruit scents I tend to like are usually under those categories. I'm sad I didn't buy any, but I found an awesome juniper-scented male-but-eff-your-gender-roles cologne at a shop while I was on vacation. Though I might splurge on this Jo Malone fragrance I found: Earl Grey and cucumber. The cucumber gives it a nice crispness, while the Earl Grey is citrusy, but the tea gives it depth. Love.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Season of life... said:

I'm so sorry, but this made me chuckle a bit. It sounds like you had a good sense of humor about it, and I hope your sister did, too!

It was funny. He still gets a little embarrassed, but that just makes it funnier. He's my husband's brother, and he was getting back out there after a divorce. Luckily, Mr. D also thought it was funny. We try not to take ourselves too seriously around here. ;)

1 hour ago, daisyd681 said:

It was funny. He still gets a little embarrassed, but that just makes it funnier. He's my husband's brother, and he was getting back out there after a divorce. Luckily, Mr. D also thought it was funny. We try not to take ourselves too seriously around here. ;)

Well, that's good. :pb_lol: Did he ever actually try it in the wild?

I think it freaked him out. Either way, he never told me. Lol

Her post about tinder.... I just can't. She seriously seems to exist on compliments from strangers. Will she die if she doesn't get them?? Is that why she demands them so constantly??

How many dates did she go on in those whole 5 days of Tinder?  Yes, I am noting that her story  and that 5 day time line don't jive. 

Her five days story doesn't really make a lot of sense. How many dates could she have gone on? I don't know a lot about online dating, but it seems like if you rush out on a date with every guy who compliments you without first spending some time chatting and getting to know each other, online dating isn't going to work well. And that is what it seems like she did. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

How many dates could she have gone on? I don't know a lot about online dating, but it seems like if you rush out on a date with every guy who compliments you without first spending some time chatting and getting to know each other, online dating isn't going to work well.

I think she fundamentally misses out on the point that online dating is still dating -- not some old-timey matchmaker. She seems to feel entitled to magically end up in a fairy tale romance with Mr. Right simply because she put herself out there for a few weeks. A few guys gave her shallow compliments and she didn't find a husband in five days; therefore, online dating isn't for her and actually destroyed her sense of self worth. Okay. 

She says: Or you'll have a good, steady messaging-back-and-forth going with one guy, but the next day, won't hear from him.  Next week his account will be deleted.  And next week, you're left feeling depressed and wondering, "What did I do wrong?"

And somehow that's the fault of the dating being online?! I seriously hope she finds a way to have better self esteem, because that overeager, self-critical attitude is going to torpedo any new relationship, no matter how they meet. 

You know that sequence in Groundhog Day, where Bill Murray's character is trying to get the date to go EXACTLY right, and the harder he tries, the more he gets slapped in the face? It occurred to me that Raquel probably has no clue what that sequence is about. She probably thinks a guy trying to set up an evening where everything is EXACTLY what the girl likes is super romantic, rather than artificial and creepy.

1 hour ago, December said:

She says: Or you'll have a good, steady messaging-back-and-forth going with one guy, but the next day, won't hear from him.  Next week his account will be deleted.  And next week, you're left feeling depressed and wondering, "What did I do wrong?"

And somehow that's the fault of the dating being online?! I seriously hope she finds a way to have better self esteem, because that overeager, self-critical attitude is going to torpedo any new relationship, no matter how they meet. 

Or maybe the good, steady, messaging-back-and-forth was enough to show him that he doesn't want to dip his toes into that particular warm bucket of crazy.

(Not sure if I got that idiom right... haven't seen my s-i-l in a long time, and she was the supplier of interesting idioms)

So she would be chatting back in forth with guys, then she won't hear from them the next day and then they start deleting their accounts? How much do you want to bet that they started chatting, they quickly realized she was insane and decided to not pursue any sort of relationship with her. The next day she starts sending them messages. And more messages. And even more messages. By the next week they delete their accounts because she is stalking them. 

And if her online dating experiment only lasted five days, how did she know that they had deleted their account a week later? 

26 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

And if her online dating experiment only lasted five days, how did she know that they had deleted their account a week later? 

This is why I said her story (and I'm calling it a story, because - well - Raquel) doesn't make sense/jive from a time perspective. 

And now she's setting up an iPhone that she either bought or is giving to someone. Family or "her boys," what do we think? (I'm getting these from snapchat, by the way)

Also, if they are on tinder, they just hit "unmatch" or blocked her. They definitely didn't delete.

3 hours ago, xRoo said:

I think she's going to the orphanage.... She used the term "my boys"

Well, fuck.

Curses on the people who let Raquel back in contact with orphans. She is right up there with John Shrader when it comes to being the world's worst missionary. 

Even if she deleted Tinder after five days, didn't she say she used several different dating apps? 

If Raquel deletes her profile on a dating site, it's a declaration that she deserves better.

If a guy deletes his profile on a dating site, it's a slight to Raquel who is left wondering what she did wrong.

Does she recognize scammers? If a profile gets deleted it's not always the profile owner who deletes it.

Is anyone else on her snapchat? She posted about seven videos cooing with her "best friend," with her legs thrown in his lap, and him petting her legs while he plays with his new iPhone and she says, "Thank you, no?" and he says "Your welcome" and she gets all giggly and whiny trying to make him thank her for his new iPhone. They also watched the warriors game on a big-ish TV that looked like a home living room. Maybe the "best friend" is not one of the kids she was there working with?

Which "best friend" is it? This one?

If it is him, if you look back, she met him when he was living at the boys home. It seemed like he was still living there last year.

Raquel is a disturbed person and she does not need to be in contact with anyone that she can prey on. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Which "best friend" is it? This one?

If it is him, if you look back, she met him when he was living at the boys home. It seemed like he was still living there last year.

Raquel is a disturbed person and she does not need to be in contact with anyone that she can prey on. 

From the side and weird lighting, but I'm 80% sure that's him.

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

So did God pay for the iPhone? 

Did God pay for the trip to Peru?

Both of the guys she called her "best friend" she met when they lived at the boy's home. 

The guy in the picture above is the guy whose hoodie she took. He was living at the boy's home during her last trip. 

Did she buy that iphone herself? Wasn't she asking God for money the other day, and giving him a time limit?

.....there is so much cuddling on the snap chat. I am so uncomfortable. I think she's at the boys home, based on the fact there are many being cuddled now. She also snapped a video of one's ass while he walked. I ... ugh...

2 hours ago, xRoo said:

.....there is so much cuddling on the snap chat. I am so uncomfortable. I think she's at the boys home, based on the fact there are many being cuddled now. She also snapped a video of one's ass while he walked. I ... ugh...

Sheesh, she sounds just like a predator.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived