IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting on--part 3

Criscat

4 hours ago, withaj said:

Yep. Ben's facebook categorizes him as a Writer, which is actual WTF material.

but he writes Instagram and Facebook posts so that MUST mean he's a writer. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attribution to self isn't problematic in and of itself. That's getting kind of Bitch Eating Crackers at the Duggars just because they're the Duggars. Many people do it, including physicians writing for medical pubs, CEOs, many Fortune 500 C-suiters...etc. This whole scenario is very normal. We work with a ghostwriter, and who has a whole network of writers who do this exact thing. I couldn't tell you the exact percentage, but given the amount of "scandalized" articles that come out later about how so-and-so didn't write their book alone, I can't imagine anyone thinking someone did unless the titled author was a professional writer by trade. Ghostwriting can be a very lucrative profession and it's understood that the "purchaser" of the service will take credit. It's not a Duggar thing.

3 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

"The book about the four Duggar sisters was actually written by Charlie Richards and not by the Duggar sisters themselves, according to the book’s Acknowledgements page. Richards is a middle-aged man who compiled information for the book from interviewing Jessa and her sisters Jana, Jill, and Jinger. Though the book is written in first person, the text is all in Richards’ voice and not that of the Duggars.

"One professional reviewer of the book, Carolyn Warren, wrote on Amazon.com, 'And next time, I’d like to read a book that was actually written by one of you – preferably after the age of 35 when you’ve had time to acquire an independent perspective.'

"Jessa Duggar Seewald, however, likes to present herself as an author even though she has never written a book or even part of a book."

http://www.inquisitr.com/2449571/jessa-duggar-seewald-appears-onstage-today-in-orlando-without-duggar-family/#GYDGHTTRzpZrGumL.99

He writes blog posts. :my_confused:

Not very well

21 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

Attribution to self isn't problematic in and of itself. That's getting kind of Bitch Eating Crackers at the Duggars just because they're the Duggars. Many people do it, including physicians writing for medical pubs, CEOs, many Fortune 500 C-suiters...etc. This whole scenario is very normal. We work with a ghostwriter, and who has a whole network of writers who do this exact thing. I couldn't tell you the exact percentage, but given the amount of "scandalized" articles that come out later about how so-and-so didn't write their book alone, I can't imagine anyone thinking someone did unless the titled author was a professional writer by trade. Ghostwriting can be a very lucrative profession and it's understood that the "purchaser" of the service will take credit. It's not a Duggar thing.

Totally disagree. These are folks who have achieved and individually earned nothing. In your scenario, at least the doctor had done something and could legitimately document such. The Duggar girls and a book related to relationships? Laughable. So Not the same, IMO.

Totally disagree. These are folks who have achieved and individually earned nothing. In your scenario, at least the doctor had done something and could legitimately document such. The Duggar girls and a book related to relationships? Laughable. So Not the same, IMO.

Plenty of celebrities who've done nothing but gotten famous for being on TV have used ghostwriters for their books too. Nicole Richie, the Kardashian-Jenners, Snooki are just a few...a quick Google can yield you a LOT more results, but I just picked a few who got famous the same way the Duggars did (though they maybe started other industries after). So again, lots of people do it. It's not just a Duggar thing. Maybe not as estimable in your opinion as someone with a more reputable profession, but still not just a Duggar thing.

Also, for all we know they may have chosen to use a ghostwriter because they didn't feel their SOTDRT education prepared them to publish a book. There are tons of reasons people choose to use ghostwriters that we'll never know why the Duggars did.

My point is that if you're looking for reasons to shit on them, I would think there are a ton of more legitimate reasons than this. Using a ghostwriter is awfully Bitch Eating Crackers considering how widespread the practice is.

Another humper or two thought it was unfair the camera crew grilled Jana.They seemed to think they put her on the spot. I think it's fair, and not grilling. When you have 26 yr olds with no control over their lives doing nothing but serving parents people will ask questions. Maybe the 5 yr question will make them think seriously where they will be in five years.

Of course, fans say it's wonderful Jana helps and they should help being part of the family. Excuse me I dont see just helping here.
P.S.I don;t even want to know what's in "The Lies We Believe".

It really drives me crazy when the Duggars claim to be victimized by sponsors (or the network) pulling out of the show.

No one is owed a TV show. No matter how photogenic you think you are, or how freakishly large your family is, or how much you love Jesus, you are not entitled to other people's money to keep you in front of the cameras. It is not victimization if sponsors are deciding they no longer want what this family is selling - it's the free market. You can't preach the joys of capitalism until it goes against your personal interests, then start screeching that it's unfair.

While I'm sorry that the girls' lives were affected in any way by Josh's actions, television is a rough and fickle business, especially when your success depends on your whole family staying in line. If they can't handle the fact that whether they sink or swim isn't always going to be under their control (and I can't blame them, I wouldn't do reality TV in a million years) they should choose a more stable and predictable way of supporting themselves.

So I had never looked at the J&J FB page. Wow at the comments. I knew there were leg humpers  but good grief. These people needs hobbies....oh wait they have one...praising an undeserving family.  

35 minutes ago, roddma said:

Another humper or two thought it was unfair the camera crew grilled Jana.They seemed to think they put her on the spot. I think it's fair, and not grilling. When you have 26 yr olds with no control over their lives doing nothing but serving parents people will ask questions. Maybe the 5 yr question will make them think seriously where they will be in five years.

Of course, fans say it's wonderful Jana helps and they should help being part of the family. Excuse me I dont see just helping here.
P.S.I don;t even want to know what's in "The Lies We Believe".

So we have seen a Jana centered episode and it appears that the next epsiode is going to be all about our beloved Jinger. In the previous one, we saw Jana doing a 'manly' job and her talking all big and daring about hands on projects (and at the end we see her holding a flashlight for the guys to install the stupid things), and now this time we get to see Jinger pulling thousands of dollars out of who knows where (perhaps the gaping hole Ben mentioned) and buying cars.

The show is honestly just too dry and boring. And it's so noticable that the network is trying super hard to show them in a different way (and then failing miserably by the way). I don't see another season coming on, unless money whore TlC pounces on a courtship  (Jinger?!). It's bugging me so much that they keep teasing about the topic of courtship! Also, did they shoot interviews for the whole season in one day? In the two episodes that they've showed, and also in the preview for the next one, Jana is wearing the same outfit. 

A couple or three humpers in particular are rabid. I think one blocked me. And what gets me is some of them have been sexually assaulted then brag how they didnt report, or never got therapy. . The one who blocked me said things like inappropriate touching was handled by a whipping behind the shed. Excuse me, it takes more than a 'whipping' for this kind of behavior to resolve, and it's actually too good for perverts like JOsh, and Jared Foggle.. I wonder why I even bother on the Duggar FB fan pages. FI they haven't learned the harm of this in almost a year, the won't ever.

The problem with the Duggars is that they have polished all their kooky beliefs and the chaos of being a mega family completely out of the show.  Now it's like watching paint dry.  It was a lot more interesting when JB & Chelle were in full on fame whore mode in the early specials and TV Show days.  

59 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

So we have seen a Jana centered episode and it appears that the next epsiode is going to be all about our beloved Jinger. In the previous one, we saw Jana doing a 'manly' job and her talking all big and daring about hands on projects (and at the end we see her holding a flashlight for the guys to install the stupid things), and now this time we get to see Jinger pulling thousands of dollars out of who knows where (perhaps the gaping hole Ben mentioned) and buying cars.

The show is honestly just too dry and boring. And it's so noticable that the network is trying super hard to show them in a different way (and then failing miserably by the way). I don't see another season coming on, unless money whore TlC pounces on a courtship  (Jinger?!). It's bugging me so much that they keep teasing about the topic of courtship! Also, did they shoot interviews for the whole season in one day? In the two episodes that they've showed, and also in the preview for the next one, Jana is wearing the same outfit. 

I noticed that too.

8 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

that they keep teasing about the topic of courtship! Also, did they shoot interviews for the whole season in one day? In the two episodes that they've showed, and also in the preview for the next one, Jana is wearing the same outfit. 

I've noticed this on other reality shows as well.  I suspect that they film multiple episodes, do some preliminary editing to determine how the episode is going to flow and then ask questions that reflect on what is being shown.  The THs are filmed in one general sitting. I've even noticed on other shows that hair styles reflect the post episode styles.

So they have been filming for 4 months. I assume they want show the most interesting parts of their lives during that time. But they have to come up with those silly plot lines, does that mean that none of the 8 or so Duggar kiddults have anything more interesting going on in their lives than the made up plots? In all those months? That is just astonishing.

In my little family alone we had in the past four months two new jobs, a new school, the passing of two loved ones, three international trips, major surgery, reunions with old friends and family, and these were no extra-ordinary months. It is beyond me that so many people just have nothing going on. Except of course the persecution of the media.

20 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

So they have been filming for 4 months. I assume they want show the most interesting parts of their lives during that time. But they have to come up with those silly plot lines, does that mean that none of the 8 or so Duggar kiddults have anything more interesting going on in their lives than the made up plots? In all those months? That is just astonishing.

In my little family alone we had in the past four months two new jobs, a new school, the passing of two loved ones, three international trips, major surgery, reunions with old friends and family, and these were no extra-ordinary months. It is beyond me that so many people just have nothing going on. Except of course the persecution of the media.

Well -this is brilliant

they can't show jinger at prison, they can't show Ben with Jb working, and since Derrick only works two days a week they can't show that -so manufactured stuff is the only way.

since January I have been studying, working, bought another apt, rented it out.

Since January? Ugh! Moved twice the first being out of state, my husband's job hunting thankfully he's finally settled somewhere, all of the hubaloo that goes with getting a special needs child with an IEP into the right school, hockey lessons, falling at the ice rink and getting a major concussion (and post-concussion syndrome/aphasia), oldest daughter's choir performances.  Its all just life for us normal folk.  Can I be paid $20,000 while someone films my daughter getting her first pair of contact lenses?

I know it was on another network but I loved the show Army Wives. It wasn't great, but military spouses deal with SO much and honestly our service members get paid so little for what they go through....I'd love to see some real military reality shows.

4 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

The trouble is not that Jessa is claiming authorship of a book that was really ghostwritten. The trouble is that she claims "author" as her profession or main occupation.  This is different from the MD or movie star or CEO who lists a ghostwritten book among his/her accomplishments. Such people usually identify themselves by their real occupations.  

Jessa is a "reality show performer."  If she wanted, she could list herself as "speaker" and be close to the truth. She does get paid for speaking appearances.  But "author"?    (Of one fourth of a ghost-written book?)

That's like claiming that you are a mechanic because you handed the tools to the mechanic who fixed your car.

The Duggars are so pretensious!

2 minutes ago, Tomboy said:

Does anyone else think it's weird how they never tease each other? 

Considering the fact that they don't appear tone close, affectionate or to even like each other, it seems to be just part of their norm. I think you seem more normal family behavior with the Bates family because it seems the kids have a real relationship with each other and enjoy each other's company. The Duggar kids always seem like they just happen to be in the same room with other people who happen to be their Siblings. Outside of a few of the younger kids, I don't get the feeling that the older kids, particularly the girls have a close relationship with anyone or even like each other. Maybe Jessa and Jinger to a point.

If you didn't know them, you likely would think they were strangers that just met. Half the time they seem uncomfortable with each other. It's why the promo's for this show were so bad, it's obvious that they are not a fun loving, close, affectionate family. They don't seem to even touch each other, other than the side hugs for the camera at the airport. It doesn't have to be a hug but not even a touching of an arm in everyday activities.

I have always thought that they may not have been allowed to be close because that leads to siblings keeping another's secret. I don't doubt that Jim Bob and Michelle policed their kids to the point of scaring them into telling on every detail of another sibling's activities. I don't think one can confide in another without worrying that it will get back to their parents. 

Oh GAH ...

I had completely forgotten about Got-hard's "Lies We believe" crapola.  Another re-telling of his whole theme that "bitterness is a sin and is the root of all evil" and diseases.  

Yeah.  Like the years of being abused by the pedophile next door and being raped by a monster from church youth group had nothing to do with my stress & fear issues!  (... if I had a dollar for every time I heard that crap during my previous lifetime ...)

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

The Duggars are so pretensious!

That should be PRETENTIOUS.  I am wasting a message to make an insignificant spelling correction because I have been having problems with editing messages even minutes after posting. Sometimes the edit refuses to go through.  I am wondering if this is a problem other people have. 

Plus "The Duggars are so PRETENTIOUS," bears repeating.  :smiley-signs136:

50 minutes ago, Tomboy said:

Does anyone else think it's weird how they never tease each other? 

Jessa does mock Jill in a TH moment about Jill being gushy/silly about everything Derek (back when they were skipping and he was in Nepal).  What really seems nasty about it--although funny and spot on at the same time, is that while Jill is packing and reading a note from Derek, Jessa tells her how happy she is about her impending visit to see/meet him.

I would have expected my daughters to opening tease each other about something like that.  Of course, they didn't have the opportunity to publicly mock in a TH!

3 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

The trouble is not that Jessa is claiming authorship of a book that was really ghostwritten. The trouble is that she claims "author" as her profession or main occupation.  This is different from the MD or movie star or CEO who lists a ghostwritten book among his/her accomplishments. Such people usually identify themselves by their real occupations.  

This. I would expect Jessa to claim authorship of her portion of the ghostwritten book. That's normal. What's not normal is claiming being an author as her career on the basis of a book someone else wrote for them.

It's sort of like... I'm not going to tell you that you didn't really climb a mountain because you drove part of the way in your car. Ultimately what matters is you got to the summit somehow. However, if you then turn around and use that experience as the basis for claiming to be a professional mountaineer, I'm going to look askance at you a little, you know?

I also don't get why it seems so hard for Jessa to admit that she's a homemaker as her primary profession. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Using the flimsiest of credentials to try to claim to be something else kind of makes it seem like Jessa thinks there is something wrong with it.

17 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Just looked at Jessa's FB page. 

https://www.facebook.com/JessaSeewald/?fref=ts

She is listed as an AUTHOR.   WTF? 

The leghumpers are out in force on that page! The video of Spuge showing his 'vocabulary skills' is rather cute.

One thing I noticed on the 2 episodes of the show is that JD and Bin speak really slowly, is that an Arkansas thing, a fundie thing or are they just thick as 2 short planks? (Ok, I guess that should be 'is that an Arkansas thing, a fundie thing AND they are thick as 2 short planks). That is how dull I found the show, I wasn't focusing on what was happening. The only thing I'm looking forward to in the upcoming episodes is Bin rapping, I may never stop laughing at him.

8 hours ago, socalrules said:

Considering the fact that they don't appear tone close, affectionate or to even like each other, it seems to be just part of their norm. I think you seem more normal family behavior with the Bates family because it seems the kids have a real relationship with each other and enjoy each other's company. The Duggar kids always seem like they just happen to be in the same room with other people who happen to be their Siblings. Outside of a few of the younger kids, I don't get the feeling that the older kids, particularly the girls have a close relationship with anyone or even like each other. Maybe Jessa and Jinger to a point.

If you didn't know them, you likely would think they were strangers that just met. Half the time they seem uncomfortable with each other. It's why the promo's for this show were so bad, it's obvious that they are not a fun loving, close, affectionate family. They don't seem to even touch each other, other than the side hugs for the camera at the airport. It doesn't have to be a hug but not even a touching of an arm in everyday activities.

I have always thought that they may not have been allowed to be close because that leads to siblings keeping another's secret. I don't doubt that Jim Bob and Michelle policed their kids to the point of scaring them into telling on every detail of another sibling's activities. I don't think one can confide in another without worrying that it will get back to their parents. 

That last paragraph:

Its possible - but doesn't explain the Bates kids seemingly being so close with one another. Everyone on their show is constantly talking about how you can't keep secrets in their family. Maybe I'm just ridiculously skeptical, but that sounds like teaching your kids to tattle on each other... Just dressed up nice for the cameras.

As I said on another thread, I find it very likely that any perceived differences between the two families has more to do with the actions and reactions to a certain Duggar offspring scandal - combined with better editing, better marketing, more outgoing personalities, and the Bates' need to have their adult kids work with common heathens in order to feed the rest of their family.

If the Bates family had to deal with things the Duggars did - and I seriously hope they didn't - then we might see them acting more like the Duggars in many ways.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived