IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting on--part 3

Criscat

My poor headship had been home 15 minutes when he got called back into work so I tortured myself with these two episodes tonight.  First off, I do not think I will need my sleep meds tonight because this crap put me to sleep. Secondly, if "Centrl Murica" is so dangerous, then why do they keep going there?? Are there no other countries in need of Duggar wisdom? Not that I would wish those people on anyone but still. Give it a rest already. The Fall feast episode....ZZZZ!! Now I have an affinity for butter that will rival Paula Deen's but I have never in my life stuffed butter under turkey skin. I just do not see how that would be good. Ben is evidently bored to death with his life since he yawns so much. And I agree with previous posters that he either is very disillusioned or else he was told to sit there and look pretty. He just looks like he is so over it now. The dew is off the rose and he is realizing just what hell he has descended into.  Or else he is so chill that he doesn't care. Kinda wish I was that chill.  Anyway. Light fixture episode.... Again, ZZZZ. My impression of Jana and the 5 year question.  I rewound and watched it twice. When they asked her, she had this look on her face for a second that was almost wistful/resigned/pitiful/sad that said, I will be right here doing the same things I'm doing now. It made me sad for her.  And I did love the unintentional or perhaps intentional dig about not marrying the first suitor that comes along. I half expected a lost girl to pop up and say "She's waiting for one that's bona fide!" (Ala Oh Brother, Where Art Thou). Lol But I digress. For her to think she is not an adult because she is single is really pathetic. I do think that out of all the older girls, she and Jinger are the most attractive. The others are pretty but those two are just gorgeous.  I also noticed how her siblings kept saying how outgoing she USED to be. Made me wonder if she had been beaten into submission more than once. She seems like maybe her spirit has been broken.  Which is heartbreaking.  Ok enough of that.  I do not know if I can sit through any more episodes.  It's just too boring af.  Just my two cents.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw on Pickles that Benessaspud might be visiting Derjillizzy in El Salvador. There is a picture of Jessa and Spud on the bunk beds in Jill's guest room. Pickles captioned it that TLC is probably filming an episode about Izzy meeting Spud for the first time.

On 3/28/2016 at 2:08 AM, AnnaRuk09 said:

and now this time we get to see Jinger pulling thousands of dollars out of who knows where (perhaps the gaping hole Ben mentioned) and buying cars.

@AnnaRuk09 this is hilarious!

12 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Oh forgot the part that made me laugh outloud-- when Bin said Jessa knew how to make couscous.  There is  nothing as easy to make as couscous, it is easier to make than eggs because with eggs you have to judge when they are done cooking.  If you have never made couscous here is how you make the boxed kind:  measure water, add a bit of butter or oil, bring it to boil, stir in the couscous and remove from heat. 5 minutes later it is done.  If you know how to brew up tea, then you know how to make couscous. I suppose opening a container of yogurt is easier but not by much.

I hate the fact that he is critical of her cooking skills. Saying she was getting better and could make couscous. If she is so crap why doesn't he take over all the cooking? We have seen the picture of his amazing pasta and onion creation. 

The power balance between these two is interesting. While Jessa has a lot more natural authority, you don't hear her criticising Ben. 

on my pvr it says unexpected guests show up in CA during next week's episode 

and you do know who these unexpected guests are - and swoop in are 

picture one of these guests on the bunk bed 

sickening that is a plot point 

remember this was filmed awhile ago

and whoever guess DQ and the other one gets a  brownie 

I just realized that if the Seewalds  are in CA with the Dillards - I know why we havent seen any family pictures of the 6 because they are saving that for the finale 

On 3/26/2016 at 6:03 PM, MoonFace said:

Just looked at Jessa's FB page. 

https://www.facebook.com/JessaSeewald/?fref=ts

She is listed as an AUTHOR.   WTF? 

I just noticed this comment that someone left under one of Jessa's Christian quote pictures (5 likes):

Wow! Aren't you judgemental? Oh,and by the way,you calling yourself an author is sort of like Keanu Reeves calling himself a "film star". I know you don't know who that so let me put it another way. It's sort like McDonald's calling itself "five star dinning". Cheap and insulting!

I was laid up on the couch all last week, with the flu. I swear I thought I was gonna die. At one point, my fever was so high, that I rolled off the couch, crawled to the kitchen, and took a nap on the tile floor, because it was so cool. I think I actually prayed at one point, in the "please god, this is horrible, let me die" context.

Anyhoo, Discovery ID, and Destination America, were my channels of choice, during my convalescence. I swear to god, they advertised this stupid ass show, every other commercial break. Granted I was near death, but they seemed to show more commercials for it on all of the other Discovery channels, than they did on TLC. I couldn't escape these fools, because they were even showing the promos on On Demand.

I swear to god, after hearing how "dangerous Central America" is, god knows how many times, I wanted the lot of them to be kidnapped. It would have ended the incessant stream of promos for their stupid show. I also kind of wanted to push them off that trail they were walking on (it didn't look too steep). 

The good news is, is that I learned Deadliest Catch is starting tonight (I love that show). Plus I find it amusing, that in some of the promos I was forced to watch, they made Jessa look "mature" (aka she looks more mid-30s, than early 20's. I think it's the bangs).

Holy...William...Shatner.....pauses....thisshowis....terr..itble.  I agree that when Jana was speaking Jessa was arguing with Ben. I find it funny that at one point Ben wanted to be a actor, didn't one of the Teen mom's husband wanted to as well? Why do reality star want to act. 

16 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

If you have never made couscous here is how you make the boxed kind:  measure water, add a bit of butter or oil, bring it to boil, stir in the couscous and remove from heat. 5 minutes later it is done.  

Thats pretty much how you make boxed anything - noodles, mac and cheese, oatmeal, instant rice, dried soup, rice a roni, etc. I'm sure the house has had those frequently enough on the menu.

12 minutes ago, anotherone said:

Thats pretty much how you make boxed anything - noodles, mac and cheese, oatmeal, instant rice, dried soup, rice a roni, etc. I'm sure the house has had those frequently enough on the menu.

You are giving them a great deal of credit. From what I've seen and read, drive though fast food is on the menu more than anything else.

It occurs to me why Smugette and Jillard don't know how to straighten a bedroom:  

1) they're unfamiliar with bedding other than bottom sheets and pillows

2) they're unfamiliar with standard dressers and closets.  Their current houses don't have the space for a "family closet" off the laundry room.  The idea of sorting and putting away in a bedroom is a new concept.  Although I believe the girls did have dressers in their dorm room, but that was probably to hide away ginormous menstrual pads and DQ's pregnancy tests.

7 minutes ago, Mothership said:

Unless I'm misremembering, the girls have had comforters to sleep with, so they're familiar with at least that level of bedding. They may just not feel like making the bed every morning. I don't, but I also don't live with an SO either. :P

5 minutes ago, Mothership said:

It occurs to me why Smugette and Jillard don't know how to straighten a bedroom:  

2) they're unfamiliar with standard dressers and closets.  Their current houses don't have the space for a "family closet" off the laundry room.  The idea of sorting and putting away in a bedroom is a new concept.  Although I believe the girls did have dressers in their dorm room, but that was probably to hide away ginormous menstrual pads and DQ's pregnancy tests.

You are probably right. I never thought of that. It would never occur to them to have the two different sheets, light blanket and maybe a comforter as well depending on the temp. They hang everything up so it wouldn't occur to them that not everything has to be hung up and can just be put in a dresser. They likely never had a lot of items that were just theirs alone, so they would not know how to properly organize snd store different items. They never put up posters and random pictures taken with friends in a photo booth. No school artwork or fun collages decorated their walls. No medals or trouphies won. Just a picture of their dad next to their bed (I think that was the Duggars).

Jim Bob and Michelle decided how everything was organized or laid out. It's probably why Jill and Jessa's homes have a billion photos on the wall and look like grandmas live there.  They don't know that there is another way. They have never been allowed to decorate in their own style or have a style, which is why we see the Erin Bates pinkalious bedroom now that she has her own home. 

13 hours ago, librarychick said:

My poor headship had been home 15 minutes when he got called back into work so I tortured myself with these two episodes tonight.  First off, I do not think I will need my sleep meds tonight because this crap put me to sleep. Secondly, if "Centrl Murica" is so dangerous, then why do they keep going there?? Are there no other countries in need of Duggar wisdom? Not that I would wish those people on anyone but still. Give it a rest already. 

Evangelical Christianity is growing by leaps and bounds in Latin America in general, and the Duggars and their ilk want some of the action. I'm not sure how well Gothardism travels, since it's rooted in a very specific kind of white American conservativism, but the fact that Jill was shown handing out Gothardite literature to the "heathen" Catholic masses shows that she's willing and able to spread the gospel according to Gothardite.

3 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Evangelical Christianity is growing by leaps and bounds in Latin America in general, and the Duggars and their ilk want some of the action. I'm not sure how well Gothardism travels, since it's rooted in a very specific kind of white American conservativism, but the fact that Jill was shown handing out Gothardite literature to the "heathen" Catholic masses shows that she's willing and able to spread the gospel according to Gothardite.

To the Duggars, Gothardism is the only acceptable denomination of Christianity.

I don't know what all y'all are hating on.  This show is a BLESSING and an ENCOURAGEMENT.  

It blesses me by being adequate background noise and is so boring that it encourages me to work on my (occasionally tedious and frustrating) programming homework rather than pay attention.  

I know the Duggars don't believe in higher education, so it is really wonderful of them to create something to help me complete my post-grad certificates.  

5 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

To the Duggars, Gothardism is the only acceptable denomination of Christianity.

Yes, but I think the fact that evangelicalism in general is so popular in Latin America gives them an edge that they might not have otherwise. However, while evangelicalism may be popular, I don't know if Gothardism is, since it basically tells non-white people that they have to become conservative white people to be saved. One reason why Pentecostalism in particular does so well in Latin America and Africa is because it allows preexisting forms of music and dance to be integrated into worship, while Gothardism frowns on any music with a beat. In particular, dancing and drumming are very important in West African cultures and has none of the profane qualities we give it in the West. I couldn't see Gothardism working at all in those cultures, which could be why the focus is on Latin America, though that would assume Gothardites know and care about other cultures. One could ask why the Duggars don't engage in a Hispanic church plant in Arkansas if they "have a heart" for missions, but I think going to another country has more cred in their circles. I could also see the local Hispanic evangelical community being too savvy to give the Duggars the time of day.

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

You are probably right. I never thought of that. It would never occur to them to have the two different sheets, light blanket and maybe a comforter as well depending on the temp. They hang everything up so it wouldn't occur to them that not everything has to be hung up and can just be put in a dresser. They likely never had a lot of items that were just theirs alone, so they would not know how to properly organize snd store different items. They never put up posters and random pictures taken with friends in a photo booth. No school artwork or fun collages decorated their walls. No medals or trouphies won. Just a picture of their dad next to their bed (I think that was the Duggars).

Jim Bob and Michelle decided how everything was organized or laid out. It's probably why Jill and Jessa's homes have a billion photos on the wall and look like grandmas live there.  They don't know that there is another way. They have never been allowed to decorate in their own style or have a style, which is why we see the Erin Bates pinkalious bedroom now that she has her own home. 

Their homes do look like the way I would have decorated 2 decades ago....lol.   And I'm in my 40's!   

14 hours ago, librarychick said:

The Fall feast episode....ZZZZ!! Now I have an affinity for butter that will rival Paula Deen's but I have never in my life stuffed butter under turkey skin. I just do not see how that would be good. 

You mean people cook a turkey without butter under the skin? Seriously, we cook our bird for about 8 hours... butter under the skin is a must! 

8 hours ago, jas said:

I hate the fact that he is critical of her cooking skills. Saying she was getting better and could make couscous. If she is so crap why doesn't he take over all the cooking? We have seen the picture of his amazing pasta and onion creation. 

The power balance between these two is interesting. While Jessa has a lot more natural authority, you don't hear her criticising Ben. 

She did criticize him that one time about how he flings water off of his toothbrush and gets it all over the mirror.

And once she made a sarcastic remark about him being young. He seemed kind of annoyed. I liked it.

4 hours ago, anotherone said:

Oh nonononononono.  Those things all need to be simmered for a certain length of time and you can actually ruin them by burning or overcooking them which we will be covering in Home Economics 101.  We cover Couscous in Pre-Home Ec because it requires no cooking time so it is (almost) fool-proof.  I suppose you could ruin it by not measuring the water or by adding a stick of butter instead of a tablespoon, but provided you measure the water right and bring it to a boil before adding the couscous, it will be fine even if you let it sit for more than 5 minutes.

Also covered in Pre-Home Ec:

Opening an individual container of yogurt and sprinkling granola on top

Making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Cutting up an apple 

Adding a sliced banana to your cold cereal and milk

Note:  We will not be making toast this semester because of the unfortunate fire episode of last fall.  Toast will now be covered in Home Ec 101

17 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

Do they teach Home Ec 101 at the SOTDRT

Stay tuned for the entire class devoted to TTC and the frozen vegetables eaten without thawing unit!

19 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

Do they teach Home Ec 101 at the SOTDRT

Y'all don't go giving TLC any ideas now or next thing you know we will be getting an episode where the Lost Girls learn to cook while the remaining J'slaves ask each other about courtships and giggle uncomfortably.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived