IGNORED

Priss and Pecan: Texas Gleanin' - Part 2

Boogalou

A boy, eh? If they follow the P theme this one has gotta be called Pecan, right? Or Pistachio? Or even just Peanut?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least he wasn't wearing one of "I Survived Roe vs. Wade, But Roe vs. Wade Won't Survive Me" t shirts, during the water skiing video.  As for baby #3, they'll probably use a better name than Spurgeon.

4 hours ago, Mela99 said:

IIRC, they're having a boy. 

Last I heard they fought the huge temptation to learn the ginder and would not find out until the newest little pecan is born.

10 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I wonder who I'm thinking of then .... I thought someone was expecting a boy

In the fundies we follow.....some poor woman is expecting a boy.

12 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

A boy, eh? If they follow the P theme this one has gotta be called Pecan, right? Or Pistachio? Or even just Peanut?

Priscillo for a boy, of course.

Why not just straight up Poverty for a boy? And obviously Paul and Davia would love a precious baby sister named Dismay. 

2 hours ago, Mela99 said:

What's Pecan's middle name? I assume it'll be some variation of that regardless of boy/girl.

I believe it's William, as is Paul's middle name, and Gothard's first name.

18 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Last I heard they fought the huge temptation to learn the ginder and would not find out until the newest little pecan is born.

They did, but I'm starting to wonder if it's part scheme.  They're doing the family conference tour and - no doubt - meeting lots of people who are asking if it's a boy or a girl.  If these new potential ATI'ers want to know the answer, they'll need to keep tabs on or get in touch with D & P after the baby is born; i.e., more opportunities to bring attendees into the fold.

I think they'll name a boy Peter, or some other biblical "P" name, and a girl something frilly with a "D", like Daisy.

I could see them going with "Drusilla" for a girl. I like the name for a storybook character, less so for an actual person. Better than Davia though.

OOH OOH OOH unless they end up doing P for the boys and D for the girls as a kind of reversal of the parents' initial. So maybe something like Peter for a boy and Danielle for a girl, or whatever. Of course they could call it Alice or Sam or Rosie or Freddie. But that possibility just occurred to me.

8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

OOH OOH OOH unless they end up doing P for the boys and D for the girls as a kind of reversal of the parents' initial. So maybe something like Peter for a boy and Danielle for a girl, or whatever. Of course they could call it Alice or Sam or Rosie or Freddie. But that possibility just occurred to me.

I just went all WWE on this: initials for their first three kids: PDD; reverse that & you get DDP (Diamond Dallas Page).

Ok, I'll go back to drinking my coffee now. And I also freely admit to loving wrasslin, so there.  ;) 

when I originally posted the above post, there were a few ads on the page for a Dallas 1/2 marathon. Better let Mr Speedy Pecan Thief Gonzales know about it; he loves marathons as much as he loves himself  his family.

ps: sorry for any insane ramblings today

I rarely peruse Priss and Pecan's website, but it was linked on another topic. I saw that they are on a grand tour, so I was curious. Sure enough, they are going to be within 90 minutes of my house in September. I'm half tempted to sign up, just to see them with my own eyes. I don't know if I can do it alone, so I may have to drag a friend. I wonder if I'll be kicked out because I wear pants? If I go, I'll definitely do a report for FJ!

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I rarely peruse Priss and Pecan's website, but it was linked on another topic. I saw that they are on a grand tour, so I was curious. Sure enough, they are going to be within 90 minutes of my house in September. I'm half tempted to sign up, just to see them with my own eyes. I don't know if I can do it alone, so I may have to drag a friend. I wonder if I'll be kicked out because I wear pants? If I go, I'll definitely do a report for FJ!

Is this the Family Conference - Walking in the Light?  They won't kick you out for wearing pants but you will probably get the hairy eyeball for not going with your Headship and multiple offspring!  They do allow individuals to attend though.

You had better get your wallet out too because it is quite expensive.  For individuals who are not already ATI members it is $60 if you pre-register and $90 at the door.  For families $200 pre-registered and $250 at the door.  ATI members get a steep discount.

It would be tempting to go even so. :)

48 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Is this the Family Conference - Walking in the Light?  They won't kick you out for wearing pants but you will probably get the hairy eyeball for not going with your Headship and multiple offspring!  They do allow individuals to attend though.

You had better get your wallet out too because it is quite expensive.  For individuals who are not already ATI members it is $60 if you pre-register and $90 at the door.  For families $200 pre-registered and $250 at the door.  ATI members get a steep discount.

Crap, that's way too expensive for me! I somehow doubt they'd allow my headship in the door, since he's of the canine persuasion. Maybe I'll just have to see if I can see them from the parking lot, or maybe not...

23 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Crap, that's way too expensive for me! I somehow doubt they'd allow my headship in the door, since he's of the canine persuasion. Maybe I'll just have to see if I can see them from the parking lot, or maybe not...

I know!  I could buy 3 gorgeous martingale collars, or two 35lb bags of dog food, or two harnesses with change to spare for 90 bucks!  Priorities. :laughing-jumpingpurple:,  

At least the Maxwell conference was free ...

I don't think they'll go with the Matchy letter thing - I think they'll go with a different letter for each kid and they'll try for the whole alphabet. 

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:12 PM, Palimpsest said:

Cleary, they are not out there trying to get new followers. They are spending a fortune and traveling to preach to the choir.

I can't say it surprises me; these aren't the brightest bulbs in existence. But, overall, aren't most religious based parties conferences for the purpose of getting new believers/recruits/money sources? 

Those fees are quite pricey for people who may want to see what this ATI crap has to offer and they very well may walk away. Hell, even things I agree with and support, unless it's charitable or an awesome concert, I will avoid if it costs money.

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Cleary, they are not out there trying to get new followers. They are spending a fortune and traveling to preach to the choir.

I can't say it surprises me; these aren't the brightest bulbs in existence. But, overall, aren't most religious based parties conferences for the purpose of getting new believers/recruits/money sources? 

Those fees are quite pricey for people who may want to see what this ATI crap has to offer and they very well may walk away. Hell, even things I agree with and support, unless it's charitable or an awesome concert, I will avoid if it costs money.

I think it is more that they don't want individuals wandering around and the pricing actively discourages them.  

If you have eleventy children and register in advance for the conference $200 probably doesn't sound that bad for an *educational* family day out.  

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I think it is more that they don't want individuals wandering around and the pricing actively discourages them.  

If you have eleventy children and register in advance for the conference $200 probably doesn't sound that bad for an *educational* family day out.  

I think the pricing has two agendas. First of all, they have to cover the expenses of the RV caravan of the Wallers and other ATI royalty to travel all over God's green earth to "encourage" families to remain in the cult. Second, just as you said, they want to keep the looky loos, riff raff, undercover journalists working on an expose, and all the FJ fans from learning more. Obviously if someone is willing to fork over the cash they will probably gladly let them enter, but it discourages the casual fans. And that to me is a sign of something amiss. If they have nothing to hide, why not open the doors to the curious, even if just for the keynote speaker? They claim to be a Christian organization, but most Christian groups are interested in expanding the membership and at least exposing folks to what they are about before demanding cash. It just seems bizarre. 

2 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

I think the pricing has two agendas. First of all, they have to cover the expenses of the RV caravan of the Wallers and other ATI royalty to travel all over God's green earth to "encourage" families to remain in the cult. Second, just as you said, they want to keep the looky loos, riff raff, undercover journalists working on an expose, and all the FJ fans from learning more. Obviously if someone is willing to fork over the cash they will probably gladly let them enter, but it discourages the casual fans. And that to me is a sign of something amiss. If they have nothing to hide, why not open the doors to the curious, even if just for the keynote speaker? They claim to be a Christian organization, but most Christian groups are interested in expanding the membership and at least exposing folks to what they are about before demanding cash. It just seems bizarre. 

They may be encouraging the attendees to help expand the membership.  AFAIC, anyone willing to pay to listen to that drivel - for anything other than pure entertainment purposes - is probably gullible enough to take on the job.

In their most recent blog post they say that the events are quite small, attracting 30-60 people each. That's an astonishing admission. Even the Staddons' FEW weekends with about three other families are bigger. Things must be falling apart fast in IBLP/ATI-land. 

It could be that the purpose of these conferences at the moment is to exhort the dwindling numbers to stay faithful to IBLP not to convert new members.  We also noticed that attendance at Big Sandy was way down this year.

Families may be absconding because the sexual abuse scandal and lawsuit was the final straw or because they maintain loyalty to Bill Gothard and not the upstarts who deposed him.

Pecan's glory days could be dwindling away.

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Families may be absconding because the sexual abuse scandal and lawsuit was the final straw or because they maintain loyalty to Bill Gothard and not the upstarts who deposed him.

As long as they run, it's good.  Two good reasons that might get two separate groups to leave.  It will be interesting to see what kind of gatherings IBLP tries to schedule for next year.  May they go as quickly as the Maxwells to zero conferences a year.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived