IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel part 14

Boogalou

Maybe they just don't really care if they wear the latest fashions or trends. Or if their clothes are flattering. Some people don't place these things high on their priority list. There's nothing wrong with that.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

Honestly, why do people care about these women's breasts? The bras they choose to wear (or not wear) have nothing to do with their awful belief system! :roll:

According to the nurse when I had my first, not wearing a properly fitting and supportive bra, particularly while lactating, can lead to future issues, mostly related to the back and shoulders.

Speaking as a now "older" woman (and a former RN as well), I believe that the nurse was spot on correct.

11 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Maybe they just don't really care if they wear the latest fashions or trends. Or if their clothes are flattering. Some people don't place these things high on their priority list. There's nothing wrong with that.

I agree with you. Personally, I love fashion! In my opinion, I dress very well. But others don't care, including some of my friends. It doesn't affect me at all. Everyone has different priorities. 

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

According to the nurse when I had my first, not wearing a properly fitting and supportive bra, particularly while lactating, can lead to future issues, mostly related to the back and shoulders.

Speaking as a now "older" woman (and a former RN as well), I believe that the nurse was spot on correct.

Perhaps this is true, but I still think it's in poor taste to comment on other people's body parts, or choice of clothing/undergarments. 

If these girls were just average people then it would definitely be in poor taste to snark on their abysmal fashion. They're not though. They make a conscious choice to put themselves in the spotlight and spout off their hateful close minded beliefs. So excuse me for making  some rightfully deserved low blows at these hateful women.

Basically, I refuse to wear what I consider a torture device for women just because society thinks my boobs need to be higher.

But then, I'm looking forward to the day when I can have too surgery so maybe what I say shouldn't be taken too seriously.,

1 hour ago, Trynn said:

Basically, I refuse to wear what I consider a torture device for women just because society thinks my boobs need to be higher.

I think this may depend on your bust size. As a larger-breasted woman, by the end of the day my bra sometimes starts to feel a bit uncomfortable, but it's nothing compared to the discomfort of trying to do anything remotely physically active without sufficient support or the back problems that result from the load not being distributed. 

If a bra feels uncomfortable for you, by all means don't wear one, but for some women depending on size and/or build a bra can really be a lifesaver. It's not necessarily all about aesthetics.

I think the boobs are fair game. If you're going to talk about not drawing attention to certain areas then wear some clothes that fit. This includes bras. Any time the married Duggar girls posts a pic (especially Jessa) my eyes go right to their boobs. I admit this is not their fault it is mine but if you are going to preach modesty to all of us heathens then hold yourself to the same standard. 

6 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

I think the boobs are fair game. If you're going to talk about not drawing attention to certain areas then wear some clothes that fit. This includes bras. Any time the married Duggar girls posts a pic (especially Jessa) my eyes go right to their boobs. I admit this is not their fault it is mine but if you are going to preach modesty to all of us heathens then hold yourself to the same standard. 

And it's another area where their mom, who should be an expert, seemingly failed to impart any basic, useful information.

Maybe Jessa and Jill are comfortable that way. And, speaking for myself, my boobs are also similarly built because I am "blessed" with a large chest. There's not really a lot that you can do past a certain point to make them look perky, and I'm not sure how comments on that area of their body really are pertinent to their modesty standards.

3 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

Derick never admitted to working for and receiving a salary from S.O.S. until it was revealed in a S.O.S. newsletter – hence all of the secrecy about location and what he was doing with donation money.   He still doesn't say much about being employed by S.O.S.  and is still asking for people to send donations to the Dillard's "ministry" directly.

Wait... Derrick is drawing a salary for paid ministry and soliciting donations without willingly disclosing that fact to potential donors? That's incredibly dishonest.

I realize some organizations require missionaries to raise a portion of their own support, and I don't necessarily have a problem with that (it may not be the most efficient division of labor, but that's neither here nor there) as long as the missionary is fully open with their supporters about the arrangement. If the donors are aware and still choose to give their money, that's their own business.

What's very much not okay is portraying yourself as needing support for your full living expenses while also cashing a paycheck. Jill may not be bright enough to realize that - though you'd think she'd have heard enough of the Bible to pick up the idea of basic honesty - but surely someone with an accounting degree would grasp that money needs to be accounted for, so Derrick really has no excuse.

The one silver lining is for Izzy, that it means his parents will have somewhat of a stable income to provide for him even if they hit a slow donation month. I was worried about that, with the uncertainty of donation revenue, because I didn't know Derrick was also getting paid.

I'm sure the family lawyers have gone over the wording of their donation appeals to make sure they aren't technically committing the legal definition of fraud, but I really find this the moral equivalent. The Dillards must be really desperate for other people's money, to stoop that low.

9 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Maybe Jessa and Jill are comfortable that way. And, speaking for myself, my boobs are also similarly built because I am "blessed" with a large chest. There's not really a lot that you can do past a certain point to make them look perky, and I'm not sure how comments on that area of their body really are pertinent to their modesty standards.

Exactly. If you're busty what the hell are you supposed to wear so people don't look at your chest? 

28 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Wait... Derrick is drawing a salary for paid ministry and soliciting donations without willingly disclosing that fact to potential donors? That's incredibly dishonest.

I realize some organizations require missionaries to raise a portion of their own support, and I don't necessarily have a problem with that (it may not be the most efficient division of labor, but that's neither here nor there) as long as the missionary is fully open with their supporters about the arrangement. If the donors are aware and still choose to give their money, that's their own business.

What's very much not okay is portraying yourself as needing support for your full living expenses while also cashing a paycheck. Jill may not be bright enough to realize that - though you'd think she'd have heard enough of the Bible to pick up the idea of basic honesty - but surely someone with an accounting degree would grasp that money needs to be accounted for, so Derrick really has no excuse.

The one silver lining is for Izzy, that it means his parents will have somewhat of a stable income to provide for him even if they hit a slow donation month. I was worried about that, with the uncertainty of donation revenue, because I didn't know Derrick was also getting paid.

I'm sure the family lawyers have gone over the wording of their donation appeals to make sure they aren't technically committing the legal definition of fraud, but I really find this the moral equivalent. The Dillards must be really desperate for other people's money, to stoop that low.

This is from the S.O.S. Hope Ministries Newsletter for January:

"It is SOS's privilege to introduce Derick and Jill Dillard to the Latin mission. They will come alongside Alex Lara, our Director of Missions for Latin America, to assist, preach, and engage the new regions. We have prepared, trained and now appointed them...We know that the Dillards and Levi would appreciate your prayers. To financially support their work and the work of many others in the Americas, Africa, and mid-Asia, visit SOSHope.org."

In other words, S.O.S. paid for their language "training" and everything else from the beginning.  They also request that donations should be sent to S.O.S. to support the Dillards.   What the Dillards have done is deceitful and despicable.  

As a person with a very full chest of heavy boobs it can be very hard finding properly fitted bras that can provide a good fit. It took me years to find a decent supportive bra when I had a mother who wasn't really understanding of when it came to supportive bras. Which is my bet when it comes to the Duggar's girls no one sat them done and explain the benefits of a good bra. 

Also to answer question posted earlier about finding clothes that does a good job covering up one boobs it's like a needle in a haystack. For the most part whatever tops I wear my boobs are very visible they only way I can keep them concel is if I have them tape down under a very lose fitted hoodie. 

I came across this song recently that is nice humorist video at what it like having heavy boobs: https://imgur.com/a/mBanX

All this talk about heavy boobs....I cannot relate at all...but I like this video from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend....

Spoiler

There are plenty of snark-worthy topics when it comes to the Duggars, but breasts and body-shaming are not on that list. 

Just in case it wasn't clear....the video I posted is not in reference to the Duggar girls' bodies. Just something I thought was funny since people were talking about boobs.

The picture posted recently of Jill in a green top-I was noticing that she must have a very good bra b/c she looked fine for a nursing mother. And the episode where Jill & Jessa are talking together *Ben bench-pressing Izzy in the background* I noticed they both had good support. So I don't know what all this talk is about.

I wasn't snarking on the girls' boobs being far south of where I thought they should be for girls that age, newly made mothers or not. I was commenting on the extreme discomfort of being large breasted and not having them supported well. Yes, I believe they will have issues down the road, with back pain and so on. Do you know that droopy breasts + sweat + bacteria can = smell and infections.

I'm mammary-challenged so I have no experience in this, but I don't think Jill or Jessa's breasts look so big that they'd have back issues from them? Or does it not not require one to have huge breasts for that to be an issue? I think they look fine as far as breasts goes, just often poorly dressed in general.

Can we please snark on something other than what Jill and Jessa's breasts look like?

I am seriously bothered my Izzy playing with the fan in the newest episode. They sell vibrating teethers, Jill, BUY ONE.

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Do you know that droopy breasts + sweat + bacteria can = smell and infections.

Well, let me tell you, I for one am shocked! :pb_surprised:

Fuck.... I just asked Google and it gets worse.  Apparently it seems that human beings can sweat and smell in ALL the places that their skin forms folds that trap perspiration and generate body heat! Oh no!  

I am going straight to my GP to ask for a referral for a boob job AND a full armpit removal procedure, stat, and I am going to write to the Duggars and advise them to do the same.

Thank God for this thread! :tw_grimace:

15 hours ago, lascuba said:

Of course Jill and Derrick are despicable liars. Of course. 

Jilly muffin.  The golden child.  Boob's favorite.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived