IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel part 14

Boogalou

29 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Israel is going to be one in two days and Jill hasn't announced Blessing #2 yet!

We also haven't seen her below the shoulders or un-obstructed by wearing a child or carrying something in front of her, either.. just sayin'.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jill won't announce her next pregnancy until her second trimester and will refuse to give a due date. She doesn't want to deal with the "OMG you're still pregnant!" comments she got last time, and she knows that people will be circling the wagons and speculating about the birth. VBAC? Homebirth? RCS? She's not going to want see comments about her stupid she is if she's postdates again and still trying for a homebirth.

8 hours ago, Jessalyn said:

Here is a screen shot of Israel on the fan. 

I may have an unpopular opinion, but I don't see what all the fuss is about, its just a kid on the fan. Free Jinger has a tendency to be very judgmental. One minute Jill is being criticized for having Izzy on a blanket, and the next she is being criticized for letting her child explore and massage his teething gums on the fan. 

I understand that these people are connected to a harmful, cult-like organization. But they are still people, and Israel isn't going to die in a horrible electrical accident because of his unhealthy relationship towards fans. If my kid was doing that I would probably just laugh and let him because its cute. 

And I disagree that because they willingly put these videos out there for the public that we are somehow allowed to pass judgment and criticize left and right. The general rule of be a nice person still holds for me. Just because they are on t.v. doesn't make them less of a person. I realize that news on the Duggar front is slow, but we don't need three pages about a baby holding a fan. 

Midnight rant over. 

Israelfan.jpg

My problem with it is we don't know if it's weighted enough, and I don't condone nomming on ANY electric appliance or such, let alone one that is plugged in.  Get him an electric toothbrush if he likes the vibration!   This isn't the first time they've shown Izzy in REAL dangerous situations, vs the perceived OMG DANGER their siblings spout about their location. Its not that they let Izzy do this stuff on purpose, its that they just don't THINK. The common sense wagon just never showed up.

32 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

My problem with it is we don't know if it's weighted enough, and I don't condone nomming on ANY electric appliance or such, let alone one that is plugged in.  Get him an electric toothbrush if he likes the vibration!   This isn't the first time they've shown Izzy in REAL dangerous situations, vs the perceived OMG DANGER their siblings spout about their location. Its not that they let Izzy do this stuff on purpose, its that they just don't THINK. The common sense wagon just never showed up.

There is a reason that stores sell baby teethers that vibrate. I can't imagine allowing a baby to do that and not redirecting him with a teether.

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

Israel is going to be one in two days and Jill hasn't announced Blessing #2 yet!

That will be included in an episode focused on the Dillards.

I, personally, don't think putting a child on a blanket is bad. So I never judged Jill for doing that. Now if there was actual evidence of blanket trained...I WOULD judge that harshly. The fact that he's chewing a fan makes me think no on blanket training.

If this is what Izzy does when she IS watching...it makes me wonder what he gets into when she turns her back. Their apartment looks far from baby proofed at all. I think I saw a baby gate but that might be it.

I would never let a child chew on anything that's plugged in. If that makes me a helicopter parent...well, I'm okay with that. 

I would much rather be a helicopter parent than a Duggar-type parent.

3 hours ago, Ali said:

There is a reason that stores sell baby teethers that vibrate. I can't imagine allowing a baby to do that and not redirecting him with a teether.

And if you are in "Cintral Murica" without access to such a product, you could always freeze a clean damp wash cloth a plastic baggie, then let your teething child gnaw on the frozen cold cloth.  It's old school and low tech, but it does temporarily sooth teething gums.

On 4/1/2016 at 4:18 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

when my dad accidentally dislocated my elbow when I was 2 (protip to parents: no matter how much fun it is for your toddler, don't pick them up by their wrists and spin them around in the air), he was absolutely terrified that the doctor would think I was being abused, since he caused the injury (the doctor reassured him that dislocated elbows are super common and he knew full well that I was loved and well cared for). 

My dad also dislocated my shoulder or arm by accident when I was a baby! One of those toss the baby in the air and catch her things, but either I grabbed on to his shirt on the way up or he caught me by my arm. Either way, they felt TERRIBLE (which you can tell by the fact that I was 6 months old and have no memory of it, but have heard the story approximately 500 times). Stuff happens, most of the time it is thankfully just stupidity, not abuse :) My 4 year old currently goes on and on about how "mommy scratches me with her ring ALL THE TIME!" because when I help him get dressed sometimes I forget about my engagement ring and the stone scrapes him. His teachers probably think I'm attacking him.

On 4/2/2016 at 8:14 PM, PennySycamore said:

I thought all kids that had access to dry dog food would try it.  Or a Milk Bone.  Btw, Milk Bones aren't bad, as I recall.

I ate Milkbones whenever we went to my grandparents house! lol They tasted like nothing and were SUPER hard to chew!

5 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

The common sense wagon just never showed up.

:clap:This can be said of the Quiverfull movement in general. 

19 minutes ago, twinmama said:

My dad also dislocated my shoulder or arm by accident when I was a baby! One of those toss the baby in the air and catch her things, but either I grabbed on to his shirt on the way up or he caught me by my arm. Either way, they felt TERRIBLE (which you can tell by the fact that I was 6 months old and have no memory of it, but have heard the story approximately 500 times). Stuff happens, most of the time it is thankfully just stupidity, not abuse :) My 4 year old currently goes on and on about how "mommy scratches me with her ring ALL THE TIME!" because when I help him get dressed sometimes I forget about my engagement ring and the stone scrapes him. His teachers probably think I'm attacking him.

I ate Milkbones whenever we went to my grandparents house! lol They tasted like nothing and were SUPER hard to chew!

Sorry, now that there have been several mentions of Milkbone, aren't they dog treats? I'm not a pet person, so I'm genuinely asking. :)

If so, that's hilarious so many people have eaten them! I'm guessing no one got sick. :pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

Sorry, now that there have been several mentions of Milkbone, aren't they dog treats? I'm not a pet person, so I'm genuinely asking. :)

If so, that's hilarious so many people have eaten them! I'm guessing no one got sick. :pb_lol:

Yes, they are a dog treat. :laughing-rollingyellow:

My mom loves to say that all of her children managed to eat dog food at some point and we all survived. 

Why didn't Jill and Derrick just stay in their Arkansas mansion? What is this Central America saviors play they are putting on? What must Cathy think of what her son is spending his time doing?

10 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

lol Yes, Milkbones are totally dog treats. Super hard ones that I think were good for their teeth or something. And when I say I ate them whenever we went to my grandparents, I recall eating them but not like as a 13 year old or anything! I want to assume my parents read the ingredients, but who knows! It was the 80s.

5 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

How long did Izzy court the fan before that sinful front hugging????

He gave away pieces of his heart to that fan by putting his mouth all over it.

Though maybe the fan defrauded him with its cold metal stand and oscillating motion (LIKE DANCING!)

17 hours ago, Jessalyn said:

Here is a screen shot of Israel on the fan. 

I may have an unpopular opinion, but I don't see what all the fuss is about, its just a kid on the fan. Free Jinger has a tendency to be very judgmental. One minute Jill is being criticized for having Izzy on a blanket, and the next she is being criticized for letting her child explore and massage his teething gums on the fan. 

I understand that these people are connected to a harmful, cult-like organization. But they are still people, and Israel isn't going to die in a horrible electrical accident because of his unhealthy relationship towards fans. If my kid was doing that I would probably just laugh and let him because its cute. 

And I disagree that because they willingly put these videos out there for the public that we are somehow allowed to pass judgment and criticize left and right. The general rule of be a nice person still holds for me. Just because they are on t.v. doesn't make them less of a person. I realize that news on the Duggar front is slow, but we don't need three pages about a baby holding a fan. 

Midnight rant over. 

Israelfan.jpg

I agree to disagree about this... but it looks to me like Izzy could have possibly rocked the fan over onto himself. I'm really glad he didn't :) but if that had happened on my watch, i would have rushed in there and scooped him off  :o

I admit I'm (maybe overly)  a safety-conscious person but when I was charged with the care of someone's child, this wouldn't have happened.

Kids at that age are easy to distract to something else- a different toy, something exciting on TV, anything really. I used to have good results singing the They Might Be Giants song 'Why Does the Sun Shine?'

I've often wondered if the facts in this song were accurate and if any of the kids I babysat recalled them during a science test in later years. ;)

There's also a very distinct difference, I think, between a common sense parent (don't leave dishwasher/laundry detergent packs, knives, other dangers in reach of a 1-2 year old) and a helicopter parent (Freaks out at every germ, bump, scrape, etc. Does child's homework for them, "MY child would never do that").  My kids fall or hurt themselves, its "Are you bleeding? Are you broken? No? OK let me see." Quick kiss and off they go! I check all 3 of my kids grades at the end of the week on their parent portal, if anything isn't done, I'm on THEIR butt, not the teachers.  They pick what extracurriculars they want and if they decide they don't like it or want something different all we ask is they finish out the season/session. And mine aren't the music on Mondays, ballet on Tues, soccer Wed, type. We tell them pick one thing per season, I had parents with those types of kids when I coached soccer and it drove me NUTS. "Sorry coach, Dad said not to push it in practice today because I have a basketball game tomorrow".

Hubby started out with a U10 soccer group, losing the first 4 games until his work schedule changed and he had to turn the team over to me. (I already had a U6 team) After 2 practices with the older kids, I had ENOUGH. I was getting phone calls from the league director, she was getting flooded with complaints. Why? Parents threw an absolute fit because I benched their child for 5 minutes in practice because they refused to listen and participate with the group. She backed me, and I coached those kids to be regional tournament champions.

I also think SOME level of responsibility and stuff is good for kids.  I don't push my oldest to go to Harvard, but we do hint that the more sports/clubs/volunteer things she does look good on her applications. We're trying to teach her how to cook basics and balance the household budget because she's due to graduate in 2 years and after that she's on her own. They all know how to separate, start and fold their own clothes. Hubby has taught us girls how to use a drill, how to change a tire, etc.  I see that as giving the kids the tools to be able to survive without us. I refuse to be doing their laundry when they're 25 kinda thing! Common sense parenting.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived