IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel part 14

Boogalou

Did Jill and Derick say that they would be gone to DangerousCintralAmerica for 6 months? What month are we on now? 5?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't they both nursing? It is tough to find good nursing bras that are comfortable, plus even with the good ones the fabric stretches as the day wears on (keep in mind you're having to undo the cups multiple times/day, plus some babies like to tug on the straps); I always looked droopy and/or uniboob-ish by halfway through the day. Those nursing tanks that look so cute for layering (you know, on the non-postpartum, non-lactating models) were even worse.

20 hours ago, PecanThief said:

If these girls were just average people then it would definitely be in poor taste to snark on their abysmal fashion. They're not though. They make a conscious choice to put themselves in the spotlight and spout off their hateful close minded beliefs. So excuse me for making  some rightfully deserved low blows at these hateful women.

I'm sorry - are they hateful for their fashion?  Or because of the belief system they are helping perpetuate?  

Their lifestyle/career choices do not make their breasts fair game - how is this ANY different than Trump reducing women to their hotness level and collection of body parts regardless of what they were actually SAYING.

If a manager at work comes down on you and you disagree is it okay to toss in "and clothes are ugly and her boobs saggy?"  Because guess what...it's not.

Beyond making yourself look beyond shallow, you're putting their looks on par with their beliefs.  One harms us, one is none of our business.

FFS knock it off.

18 hours ago, crazysnark said:

I think the boobs are fair game. If you're going to talk about not drawing attention to certain areas then wear some clothes that fit. This includes bras. Any time the married Duggar girls posts a pic (especially Jessa) my eyes go right to their boobs. I admit this is not their fault it is mine but if you are going to preach modesty to all of us heathens then hold yourself to the same standard. 

So we generally agree that their standards are damaging to women and people shouldn't raise their daughters to conform to them...and then smack at those same people for NOT adhering to the dangerous standard.

Gotcha.

I really hope everyone here who feels completely comfortable criticizing the breasts of strangers is totally fine with strangers doing it to you.  But I'm sure no one posting here has any physical flaws they would be embarrassed to have pointed out.   Online.  Where the internet is forever.

When did their beliefs become so palatable and completely acceptable that this is all people have left to bitch at the Duggars for?

Can we please just move on? There are a thousand things to snark on about the Duggars. New mothers' breasts are a seriously low blow! If you want to talk about supportive underwear, there's plenty of opportunity to start a thread for that.

Am I allowed to ask why I was issued a warning for talking about Duggar boobs, when I was talking about my own boobs, (ie. not contributing to the dogpile on certain Duggar women) ?

3 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

Am I allowed to ask why I was issued a warning for talking about my own boobs, (ie. not contributing to the dogpile on certain Duggar women) ?

It isn't about your boobs, it's about carrying on the discussion about Jill's and Jessa's boobs. You received a warning to ask you to refrain from furthering this conversation.

Okay, just so I'm clear (for threads in the future), an infraction may be issued for rebutting body-shaming and cattiness, because it is still contributing to the discussion. Got it. Won't happen again :my_blush:

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Did Jill and Derick say that they would be gone to DangerousCintralAmerica for 6 months? What month are we on now? 5?

Good question. I can't recall. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them come home soon.

If/when they do come home...I wonder what their plans are exactly.

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

Good question. I can't recall. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them come home soon.

If/when they do come home...I wonder what their plans are exactly.

I guess they hope they can lecture at churches about their time in OMGDANGEROUSCINTRALAMERICA?  But after they do that for a month or so--then what????

I have a bad feeling that Derick may end up working for Jim Bob when they come back. I really hope not, but I can't see Jill suddenly being okay with Derick leaving her alone to go work at a regular company again.

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I guess they hope they can lecture at churches about their time in OMGDANGEROUSCINTRALAMERICA?  But after they do that for a month or so--then what????

they get pregnant

duh :D 

14 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

Okay, just so I'm clear (for threads in the future), an infraction may be issued for rebutting body-shaming and cattiness, because it is still contributing to the discussion. Got it. Won't happen again :my_blush:

Hi - not trying to jump into something that's not my deal (but I am) but I think there is some confusion I'd like to clear up.

One - 0 point warnings are sometimes used as an FYI to try to right the direction of a thread.  

Nothing you said was out of line - and in normal circumstances would have been a totally fine contribution...it just kinda got caught up in the whole boob shaming net because other people were being pretty awful and there continuing down that road was just going to break bad.

We do have a lot of new helpmeets who are doing an outstanding job, but  I know I woulnd't have wanted to cut my teeth in a Duggar thread where people were ranting on breasts!

If anyone has a question about a warning or whatever you can always PM the HM (or another HM or admin) or ask about it openly (as you did).   The 0 point warnings aren't always as clear cut in reasoning as a violation of ToU so I'm glad you asked for clarification.

32 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

The way I read it, you were throwing fuel onto the fire. If that was not the case, I sincerely apologise to you.

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If anyone has a question about a warning or whatever you can always PM the HM (or another HM or admin) or ask about it openly (as you did).   The 0 point warnings aren't always as clear cut in reasoning as a violation of ToU so I'm glad you asked for clarification.

Just to clarify:  That does not mean that you will always get an answer. :my_confused:

2 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

*deleted quote*

Edited to delete post, because I didn't read all the posts before posting mine.  If that makes sense, which it probably doesn't.

I got a warning for posting  I agree with nothing else. It was explained why I couldn't do that.I have been pretty careful since then. If I got sent to the prayer closet I would cry.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

My step grandma was a born again baptist in alabama. When i visited over the summer as a little kid I got dragged to church thing after church thing. My parents aren't church goers, so it was weird for me.  I remember the sunday sermon being short, and rather useless.  I kept listening for a take home, a message of some sort, but he mostly did a bunch of double speak.  Most of the hours were filled with people talking about missions they went on, and how many doors they knocked on, and how many "conversions" they got.  I was under 10, and felt the whole thing was rather sickening and a sham.  I couldn't figure out what people were converted TO- in all the hours, over the many different church trips and bible studies I was dragged to, I couldn't find a decent message.

I went to an Episcopalian summer camp for a week every year for like 7 years as a kid, and daily evening chapel was compulsory. Each evening you left feeling like you had a take away, some kind of message, some kind of quiet, spiritual connection.  While the chaplain was Episcopalian his services were more denominational. Similar experiences in small town Christian (not sure of denomination) and large scale catholic services.

Note: i'm not saying one religion is better or anything, just that that one particular church seemed to be a lot less about well....god and spirituality and morality, than any other church i've been to.

2 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

Just to clarify:  That does not mean that you will always get an answer. :my_confused:

You got an answer, several times.   Just because you choose to be obtuse does not mean you didn't receive an answer.

8 minutes ago, Curious said:

You got an answer, several times.   Just because you choose to be obtuse does not mean you didn't receive an answer.

No, I didn't get an answer.  I got a warning for "stating my opinion as a fact" on the Counting On thread.  I wrote back and asked what post she was talking about, because I had no idea since all of my posts are my opinions.  I never got an answer.  Where do you come up with I "got an answer, several times?"  I didn't send the email to you and I don't even know who you are!

Just now, DuggarWatch said:

No, I didn't get an answer.  I got a warning for "stating my opinion as a fact" on the Counting On thread.  I wrote back and asked what post she was talking about, because I had no idea since all of my posts are my opinions.  I never got an answer.  Where do you come up with I "got an answer, several times?"  I didn't send the email to you and I don't even know who you are!

Hi,

Let me introduce myself.  I own Free Jinger.   I realize this apparently comes as a shock to many people here, but the administrative staff of freejinger.org actually....talk to each other.  Every day.   Several times a day.

To be a member here, you must be 18 years old or older.   We expect people to understand simple concepts like do not state your opinion as though it were a fact.

You were given an answer.  Just because you don't like it doesn't mean anyone on the admin team is going to endlessly PM with you until you get an answer that satisfies you. If you don't understand how you are stating your opinion as though it were fact, considering you do it quite a lot, I guess you are eventually going to end up back in the prayer closet.

7 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

You are here since more than six months, with more than 700 posts and you don't know who Curious is. Maybe it's time to wander outside Duggarland. 

On 3/29/2016 at 4:18 PM, PecanThief said:

Tbh I'm not trying to be cruel when I talk about how saggy they look. It's just kinda sad seeing these young women dress so frumpy when they have the means to go out and buy clothes that fit and flatter them.

Also I do feel like the bra thing is totally because of their beliefs. I highly doubt these girls are actually allowed to measure themselves or heaven forbid let someone measure them so they can figure out what size they are. When they started developing I'm sure DQ just tossed a Walmart sports bra at them.

*HELPMEET HAT ON*

Guys, can we please avoid bringing their boobs into this?  Body shaming gets none of us anywhere.   Arete

*HELPMEET HAT OFF*

If we can't discuss boobs, might we talk about penis length?  After all, that has been discussed by presidential candidates:GPn0zNK:.

3 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

The way I read it, you were throwing fuel onto the fire. If that was not the case, I sincerely apologise to you.

Thanks, no biggie :) I really was sympathizing with them because I remember challenges of dressing cute as a nursing mother.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived