IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel part 14

Boogalou

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 butchered spanish terms and counting..

14 attempts to lure catholics and holding out resources again!

14 pregnancy hints and pretending again!

Happy part catorce everyone!

14 razors that got misplaced.

14 skirt/shirt combinations to wear with flip flops.

14 "put my foot in my mouth" Instagrams.

14 round trips.  Frequent flyer miles.

14 pounds lost since wedding day--Derick. :(

"Our family is growing and changing every day"???????

3 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Translation: We're not doing anything substantial here, but we can't tell you that and we don't know what else to say.

15 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

"Why, just yesterday Derick took the pink polish off my toenails and painted them a sunny yellow! So many changes in our new season of life!"

3 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

14 round trips.  Frequent flyer miles.

I vote this :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

"Why, just yesterday Derick took the pink polish off my toenails and painted them a sunny yellow! So many changes in our new season of life!"

And Derick's hair and beard grow a little wilder every day.  And Little Izzy may go up a clothing size soon. And we now have a new Spanish teacher or gardener to convert....

You guys are funny. I was worried about the "growing" part... too close to "counting", KWIM?

14 calls to JB & M

14 spiders in the hem

14 ways to lure a heathen

14 foods for Israel's feeding

14 shots of crazy eyes

14 teases, but no surprise

Derick is still talking strangely. I thought for sure he'd be used to his new mouth by now.

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

You guys are funny. I was worried about the "growing" part... too close to "counting", KWIM?

I really, really hope not. Give your lady-bits a rest, Jill!

I think they were hinting at a pregnancy that hasn't manifested yet. Growing was an odd word for him to use. I think they were trying to spark another set of rumors with it.

As much as I can't stand Jill and want her to give izzy the childhood he deserves, I'm worried that she's picking up some of that Anna desperation we've seen so much of. After the first blessing, she probably thought she'd be like a pez dispenser. Now she'd like another pez to attract tlc money but not finding one so she just keeps hinting that maybe there's one now.

Remember how long her last pregnancy was, from the early announcement to the late delivery? How long will this one be, from the preliminary un fertilized rumor hints through to the end. I don't think I can handle it.

2 hours ago, missegeno said:

I think they were hinting at a pregnancy that hasn't manifested yet. Growing was an odd word for him to use. I think they were trying to spark another set of rumors with it.

As much as I can't stand Jill and want her to give izzy the childhood he deserves, I'm worried that she's picking up some of that Anna desperation we've seen so much of. After the first blessing, she probably thought she'd be like a pez dispenser. Now she'd like another pez to attract tlc money but not finding one so she just keeps hinting that maybe there's one now.

Remember how long her last pregnancy was, from the early announcement to the late delivery? How long will this one be, from the preliminary un fertilized rumor hints through to the end. I don't think I can handle it.

I really hate that we are comparing her to Anna because it just SO TRUE - and the reason they are using that word is because what else do they have to tell us besides the fact that is they are paid to do. 

Maybe Derick meant they were growing and learning emotionally. Maybe not.

Meh, I took the growing and changing every day, to be more about Izzy, than anything else. I remember my kids at that age, and they were learning how to do things faster, than poor old mom could keep up with. Like on Monday they barely said a word and would only crawl, by Wednesday they toddled over to the bathroom and said "hi", before toddling off somewhere else.

If they mean Izzy, they should say Izzy. He is in fact a separate human being. It makes them sound like they're well on their way to a second generation of enmeshed family if they can't just refer to their son as an individual rather than acting like everything is about all three of them as a family unit. 

If they mean they're learning and growing from the experience of living in a different country... that's nice, but without giving an indication even in general terms of what they're learning or how they've grown, it's just a meaningless soundbite. 

The fact we aren't even sure who/what they're talking about suggests they really aren't getting their message across as intended.

If they mean Izzy, they should say Izzy. He is in fact a separate human being. It makes them sound like they're well on their way to a second generation of enmeshed family if they can't just refer to their son as an individual rather than acting like everything is about all three of them as a family unit. 

If they mean they're learning and growing from the experience of living in a different country... that's nice, but without giving an indication even in general terms of what they're learning or how they've grown, it's just a meaningless soundbite. 

The fact we aren't even sure who/what they're talking about suggests they really aren't getting their message across as intended.

I disagree. I think it's exactly how they intend it. They don't see Izzy as an autonomous person because children are accessories more than people in jill's worldview and upbringing. She always got lumped in with her family and siblings growing up, so she does the same even with a small number of children.

Plus, they seem to be big on hinting about the next blessing without necessarily conceiving one. I think they kept it vague specifically so that people would wonder if it's about a baby, when it's actually just child growth/personal growth/whatever.

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

it's just a meaningless soundbite. 

That might be the point. That way it entices people to watch the show to find out what they meant.

They could also be referring to spiritual growth

1 minute ago, OnceUponATime said:

They could also be referring to spiritual growth

Most likely, but that still doesn't actually tell anybody anything. How have they grown spiritually? What lessons have they learned? I feel like a lot of times the Dillards and their ilk talk about "spiritual growth" in general terms as a way to sound sufficiently godly without really having to process their experiences on a deeper level.

It probably is just a pitch for their show. What awesome missionaries! ;)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived