IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel part 14

Boogalou

14 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I vividly remember eating several handfuls of raw hamburger meat my mom had left on the counter while she went to help my brother with something. I was at least four, old enough to know better, so my Mom was beside herself. To this day, raw hamburger meat always looks strangely appetizing to me. 

I'm gagging! 

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

Carol, you are so much braver than me!

I never managed the closed eye driveway drive. 

I did eat tang powder out of the jar with a spoon, though. ;)

I really hope the powdered cleaner wasn't too terrible!!! 

Hey, when I was in second grade I stood up in front of my class and sang, "Gonna Take a Sentimental Journey".  All of it.  And the nun sang along with me.  Every Friday we were supposed to prepare something special to show the class.  I hadn't bothered to prepare anything so I was sweatin' bullets.  Deep in the recesses of my 7 year old mind I pulled up that song, every fucking verse.   :Yes:

Looking at the glazed over eyes of my fellow students brought me back down to earth, though.  

4 minutes ago, Carol said:

Hey, when I was in second grade I stood up in front of my class and sang, "Gonna Take a Sentimental Journey".  All of it.  And the nun sang along with me.  Every Friday we were supposed to prepare something special to show the class.  I hadn't bothered to prepare anything so I was sweatin' bullets.  Deep in the recesses of my 7 year old mind I pulled up that song, every fucking verse.   :Yes:

Looking at the glazed over eyes of my fellow students brought me back down to earth, though.  

Carol, that was one of my mother's favorite songs. :D. I get it and thank you for me and my mother. :)

I thought all kids that had access to dry dog food would try it.  Or a Milk Bone.  Btw, Milk Bones aren't bad, as I recall.

One of my girls not only cut her bangs, but cut them entirely off. 

I stuck my finger in a light socket and another time grabbed the electric fence at my grandparents' farm just for the experience.

You're never too young to be eccentric!  I think I was born that way.

When I was three, my older sister dressed as a gypsy for Halloween.  (it was the 70's - when things weren't as PC).  After trick or treating she took off an earring and set it on the table.  While nobody noticed, I took it and stuck it into an outlet and *zap*, got a nice burned finger.  

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I thought all kids that had access to dry dog food would try it.  Or a Milk Bone.  Btw, Milk Bones aren't bad, as I recall.

I stuck my finger in a light socket and another time grabbed the electric fence at my grandparents' farm just for the experience.

Milk Bones are, indeed, not bad. For some inexplicable reason, a friend and I decided to try them in high school and decided we liked them. We spent several weeks bringing one each in our school lunches just for effect. (Yes, we were total dorks.)

I got chemicals for the toilet in our pull behind camper in my eye.  My dad told me that I shouldn't touch the bottle and whatever I do don't get it in my eye.  He put the empty bottle down and walked away.  I promptly got the bottle, removed the lid, placed the opening of the bottle over my eye and raised my head and the bottle to see the great mystery that was so special I couldn't see it.  My mom rinsed my eye under the campground spigot for about 20 minutes.  I think I was 4, old enough to know better for sure!  :eyewash:

I also stuck a toothpick in my ear once to see how deep it was.  :tw_confounded:

11 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

My brother asked mom for a cookie once as a teenager. Mom had him close his eyes... Then placed a Milkbone in his mouth.

I can still hear the sounds of disgust and amusement... :pb_lol:

Mom also shoved my face into a piece of birthday cake when I was 20... It was my sister's birthday and the second I got cleaned up my sister shoved my face into it again. Good times! Lol!

Ok time for a confession..I used to eat raw bacon from the fridge when I was a young lad. I think this goes to show what i always say, 'Us old timers are tough..and the fact that we are still here proves it' :pb_lol:

14 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I vividly remember eating several handfuls of raw hamburger meat my mom had left on the counter while she went to help my brother with something. I was at least four, old enough to know better, so my Mom was beside herself. To this day, raw hamburger meat always looks strangely appetizing to me. 

I had my tonsils taken out when I was four, and in the hospital after surgery I threw a tantrum because I didn't want jello and ice cream, I wanted food. The day I went home, my mom cooked chicken and tostones (fried green plantains), and prepared something soft for me. She went to do something, and when she turned back, I wasn't there. She found me in a corner somewhere, a drumstick in one hand and a toston in the other. She was freaked out, because the hospital gave her very specific instructions, but according to her, I practically growled like a dog when she tried to take the food from me. She decided to hell with it, and let me eat what I want.  Even now, there's not a whole lot that will kill my appetite. 

There are just some children who's upbringing you survive rather than manage, you know?

I was definitely an adventurous child. I once drank an entire one of those little perfume samples. Smelled nice, so I thought surely it must taste nice. Mom called poison control, but they said if I'm a healthy kid, I wouldn't drink more than I can handle... Okay. Mom says I reeked of perfume out of my mouth for days. I also managed to climb the outside of a spiral staircase when I was 14 months old. It was at my mom's best friend's house, and she had a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs. Little did they know I'd just climb up all the way to the second floor on the outside of the staircase. When I couldn't go any further, I just kind of let go. Broke me arm, but otherwise I was fine. Aaaand, my finest hour, when I was two-and-a-half, we were on vacation in Turkey. I was supposed to be asleep and my parents went for dinner in the hotel restaurant. I managed to get out of my crib, open the locked door, and walk to the beach because I wanted to play by the ocean. My parents thought I'd been kidnapped or something when they came home and didn't find me. So yeah, they must have had a great time with me. :D

Luckily for them, I was a pretty good older kid/teenager, so the worst was over by the time I started school!

I love this thread. I was a very careful girl, but my kids take after their inquisitive father. One day my little boy had a physical. First a hearing test, which was fine. Then a check up with the PE, who looked in his ears. They were full of green play dough. It had been there for a while and getting it out was no joke!

2 hours ago, lascuba said:

I had my tonsils taken out when I was four, and in the hospital after surgery I threw a tantrum because I didn't want jello and ice cream, I wanted food. The day I went home, my mom cooked chicken and tostones (fried green plantains), and prepared something soft for me. She went to do something, and when she turned back, I wasn't there. She found me in a corner somewhere, a drumstick in one hand and a toston in the other. She was freaked out, because the hospital gave her very specific instructions, but according to her, I practically growled like a dog when she tried to take the food from me. She decided to hell with it, and let me eat what I want.  Even now, there's not a whole lot that will kill my appetite. 

There are just some children who's upbringing you survive rather than manage, you know?

This was me after I had my tonsils and adnoids out.  My mom had stocked the ice cream but all I wanted was my favorite food which was peanut butter sandwiches and tomato soup.  I was still somewhat sick to my stomach due to the anesthesia.   My mom called the doctor in frustration and his advice was to give it to me.  I ate it and she marveled that I could do it because my throat was a total mess plus the stomach issues. 

5 hours ago, floridaotaku said:

Milk Bones are, indeed, not bad. For some inexplicable reason, a friend and I decided to try them in high school and decided we liked them. We spent several weeks bringing one each in our school lunches just for effect. (Yes, we were total dorks.)

One of my friends used to give her babies Milk Bones to teeth on. She said they were harder than teething biscuits, less likely for pieces to break off. Or so she said.

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

I was definitely an adventurous child. I once drank an entire one of those little perfume samples. Smelled nice, so I thought surely it must taste nice. Mom called poison control, but they said if I'm a healthy kid, I wouldn't drink more than I can handle... Okay. Mom says I reeked of perfume out of my mouth for days. I also managed to climb the outside of a spiral staircase when I was 14 months old. It was at my mom's best friend's house, and she had a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs. Little did they know I'd just climb up all the way to the second floor on the outside of the staircase. When I couldn't go any further, I just kind of let go. Broke me arm, but otherwise I was fine. Aaaand, my finest hour, when I was two-and-a-half, we were on vacation in Turkey. I was supposed to be asleep and my parents went for dinner in the hotel restaurant. I managed to get out of my crib, open the locked door, and walk to the beach because I wanted to play by the ocean. My parents thought I'd been kidnapped or something when they came home and didn't find me. So yeah, they must have had a great time with me. :D

Luckily for them, I was a pretty good older kid/teenager, so the worst was over by the time I started school!

It's a wonder you lived that long!

My dad once ate half a box of "cheese flavored" dog treats before he figured it out. 

My cousin's 3 year old is the pickiest eater on earth...she'll happily go a whole day without eating a bite. But she sure as hell has been caught stuffing her face with dogfood. 

Kids are so weird.  

I ate a live worm once, dog food (the wet and dry kind), mud, cut my own hair including my fringe/bangs the day before school pictures, drank perfume, rode my trike 2 blocks away to a playground I saw on the way home, one day got a q-tip stuck in my ear and had to go to hospital. I'm still alive!

@Ungodly Grandma, I've heard of using Milk Bones as teething biscuits before.  I may have read that in  The Last Whole Earth Catalogue, but I'm not sure.

@paulypepper,  I've eaten a slice or two of raw bacon myself years ago.  

If you've ever seen the Doris Day -David Niven movie Please Don't Eat the Daisies, the Mckays' youngest child is seen what is basically a baby cage; i.e. a playpen with a top on it.  The McKays definitely needed that as their boys were always up to some mischief.

I have a climber on my hands. She can do the stairs, chairs. She has eaten cat food and tried the dog food, and sometimes sticks her hand in the water bowl and lick it off.

Trips-Small.jpg

I'm sure the people of El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala love having a bunch of white people showing in their country wearing shirts calling them 'hope less'. 

4 minutes ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Trips-Small.jpg

I'm sure the people of El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala love having a bunch of white people showing in their country wearing shirts calling them 'hope less'. 

Where did you get it?  I think it might be old, the Duggar girls seem younger. 

Those shirts are really awful.

Speaking of awful...Milkbone treats. I don't even feed them to my dog. Haha! (Then again, I'm a dog food snob.)

2 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Trips-Small.jpg

oh good lord who is that kid on the right with a green base ball bat and sparkling Jesus personality??  If heathens didn't say the Duggar prayer was he gonna beat them up?  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived