IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 4

Boogalou

On 3/12/2016 at 10:11 PM, ClaraOswin said:

I can't stand Ben. He's so dumb and he doesn't realize it, of course.

And I feel like he has anger bubbling beneath the surface. I don't know why I think that. Just a feeling.

I've always thought about him. I can easily imagine him becoming abusive some time in the future.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

The only thing I'd add to this is, after a bunch of kids/pregnancies, hot Xtian wife might not be so cute anymore!

That seems to be the reality of the Duggar girls who have inherited Michelle's genes.  Both Jill and Jessa have saggy boobs and no waist, after just one baby.  Sad, really.

7 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

That seems to be the reality of the Duggar girls who have inherited Michelle's genes.  Both Jill and Jessa have saggy boobs and no waist, after just one baby.  Sad, really.

Well, they could exercise to help their waists. But if they are going to keep getting pregnant, why bother? 

A good, well fitting bra can improve the looks of anyone's boobs. Trust me, I know!

20 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

Wow. It hasn't even been a year since either girl gave birth.  If they were actively dieting and exercising to lose weight, you would probably criticize them for being vain. Its gross to snark on a woman's immediate post baby body

5 minutes ago, ElegantMajesticPearls said:

Wow. It hasn't even been a year since either girl gave birth.  If they were actively dieting and exercising to lose weight, you would probably criticize them for being vain. Its gross to snark on a woman's immediate post baby body

I'm not really snarking, just making a comment that it is probably genetic.  By the way, Jill gave birth about a year ago and Jessa had a natural birth four months ago.  

If Jill hasn't snapped back by now after a Cesarean, she's probably not going to.

Many people don't "snap back" to their old bodies after any type of pregnancy/delivery. Especially not a c-section. It takes work for a lot of people. And some people don't really care to do it. It's not a priority to them. Nothing wrong with that. Jill strikes me as someone who probably doesn't care much. Jessa does though so I could see her trying to regain her old figure at some point. Neither way is right or wrong though.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@Kayleigh83, Bin, an Elmer Gantry for the internet age!

I can 150% guarantee you that Ben has no idea who that is.

3 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

Di you not see the picture of jessa/ben taken at an airport not 2 weeks ago? She was wearing a heavy gray coat with the belt tied tight. her waist was the same as when she found her wedding dress.

6 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Many people don't "snap back" to their old bodies after any type of pregnancy/delivery. Especially not a c-section. It takes work for a lot of people. And some people don't really care to do it. It's not a priority to them. Nothing wrong with that. Jill strikes me as someone who probably doesn't care much. Jessa does though so I could see her trying to regain her old figure at some point. Neither way is right or wrong though.

Even women who lose all the baby weight find they never fit their old jeans the same again. Hip spreadage is real.  After baby number one my boobs were sagging.  Hell, they've always been on the saggy side. Oh well. My husband loves the way i look.

I was so proud to leave the hospital 5 # lighter than when I got pregnant & when I tried to get into those genes; no way. No one can appreciate how beat-up you get from the inside.

9 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

I'm not really snarking, just making a comment that it is probably genetic.  By the way, Jill gave birth about a year ago and Jessa had a natural birth four months ago.  

If Jill hasn't snapped back by now after a Cesarean, she's probably not going to.

I never 'snapped back' either even after loosing the weight. I got a post-baby look, and really I should be as proud of that as a veteran who lost a limb in the war. I've had my own war and I came out on the other side alive. Not quite the same, but my kids like my 'soft spots'. But then, my husband didn't marry me cause I was hot (even though looking at my pre- kids pictures I kind of was:tw_blush:), and I don't have to live up to the expectations of a TLC audience.

19 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

What I think is "sad, really" is the insane pressure society places on women to have perfect figures no matter what stage of life they are in.

I'm all for snarking, but I'd really rather not snark on the natural body changes that happen to women as a result of pregnancy and childbirth. Yes, they may not have the same body they did on their wedding days, but that is actually OK. Celebrities who can afford plastic surgeons and 6 hour a day sessions with personal trainers have really messed up our perception of what is a normal post-partum body.

14 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Even women who lose all the baby weight find they never fit their old jeans the same again. Hip spreadage is real.  After baby number one my boobs were sagging.  Hell, they've always been on the saggy side. Oh well. My husband loves the way i look.

The hip spreadage is totally real. With my first kid, I swear they started spreading, as soon as a I got a + pregnancy test. Nothing I owned, could get past my hips, so I was in elastic waist pants early, aka first trimester pants..from Liz Lange. With my second kid, since I apparently hit maximum hip width, it seemed like my shoulders spread. Every top I owned, was sooo tight through the shoulders

I felt like this...my entire 2nd pregnancy.....

Spoiler

3C1cTCh.gif

42 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

The hip spreadage is totally real. With my first kid, I swear they started spreading, as soon as a I got a + pregnancy test. Nothing I owned, could get past my hips, so I was in elastic waist pants early, aka first trimester pants..from Liz Lange. With my second kid, since I apparently hit maximum hip width, it seemed like my shoulders spread. Every top I owned, was sooo tight through the shoulders

I felt like this...my entire 2nd pregnancy.....

Hide contents

3C1cTCh.gif

This made me laugh this morning!

I reached maximum hip spreadage with the first baby too.  No shoulder spreadage with this second though. I don't think they can spread- i was born with super wide shoulders.  I was a size 12 at 8 years old, with zero cleavage. Just so the shirts could fit over my shoulders. I've been the fat guy in the little coat my whole life.

What's the difference really?  The both of them will just always wear baggy clothes and never be caught dead at the beach with a swimsuit, pregnancies or not. 

I will snark on the Duggars all day long for many, many things but never about their bodies. (Aside from perhaps Jim Bob's Lego Man head.)

I've always been skinny, but at 15 weeks pregnant I already feel like Scarlet O'Hara when Mammy can't lace her corset to an 18 inch waist after Bonnie Blue was born. I'm in denial. :my_rolleyes:

On 3/13/2016 at 5:11 AM, ClaraOswin said:

I can't stand Ben. He's so dumb and he doesn't realize it, of course.

And I feel like he has anger bubbling beneath the surface. I don't know why I think that. Just a feeling.

56e84c05c278b_00Ben.jpg.0bbbc143321da2a1

19 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jessa has mastered the adoring look at her headship.

It's about the only thing Michelle teaches. 

I noticed on the preview that Jessa's back/hips had succumbed to the evil spread, but I would not really call it "sad," simply a reality of pregnancy-related body changes.  She is a beautiful girl.  It's just not ok to snark on her body.  Or Jill's.  Or even Michelle's, IMO.  

21 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

I noticed on the preview that Jessa's back/hips had succumbed to the evil spread, but I would not really call it "sad," simply a reality of pregnancy-related body changes.  She is a beautiful girl.  It's just not ok to snark on her body.  Or Jill's.  Or even Michelle's, IMO.  

Sorry, but I'm going to continue to snark so long as they continue posting the endless selfies, condemning others for immodest dress and behavior, professing that their version of Gothardism is the only correct religion, making a woman accountable for her husband's behavior, blaming a wife's appearance and lack of availability for sex for her husband's adultery, blaming a woman's appearance and dress for getting raped or molested, promulgating pregnancy and childbirth beyond a woman's health and ability to properly parent and care for her children, etc.

56e85d48b49ff_0snark.png.9b7e81c6685c48e

22 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

It's been 2 months since I miscarried at 9 weeks and I still can't fit back into 75% of my jeans. I also can't believe how much I gained in my stomach- I have always been naturally skinny with a flat stomach so this is new territory for me. Since the loss I've been using an exercise bike 30 mins a day plus walking my dog at least 4 days a week, and doing exercises with weights plus crunches. It hasn't made a dent. With a miscarriage it can take 3-6 months for hormones to level out so I can't imagine when you actually make it to the end and give birth what the recovery time is. 

• Criscat locked this topic

Archived