IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 4

Boogalou

23 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

If a certain person gets into the Whitehouse, I may be moving back to the UK.

*ventures off edge of blanket to plump tartan cushions and fill the whisky decanter *

Ready to welcome you should the unthinkable happen! 

* pours a wee dram. slàinte!*

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessa posted an adorable video of Spurgeon on facebook, I cant tell if its Joy or Jessa talking to him though, what do you guys think? sounds a lot like Joy to me

53 minutes ago, Jessalyn said:

Jessa posted an adorable video of Spurgeon on facebook, I cant tell if its Joy or Jessa talking to him though, what do you guys think? sounds a lot like Joy to me

I think it's Jessa

Gotta say, The Spurge is right up there with Bradley Bates in the cutest fundie baby competition - that video is adorable! 

:face_bear:

I think it's safe to say that Spurgeon is already more capable of having an intelligent, thought-provoking conversation than his dad. 

I think it is safe to say that making all maternity related care free of charge is a sign of civilisation. These women are hurting like hell, shedding blood and tears in an attempt to provide the country with a new generation of tax payers an then you punish them whith huge medical bills?

My friend told me she saved money for four years so she could afford the c-section she knew she might need. And I just thought, what if she had gotten pregnant before she had saved up enough?

And how many mums opt for homebirths for financial reasons, even when there are risky situations? How about protecting unborn children, you Republicans out there? 

33 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

I think it is safe to say that making all maternity related care free of charge is a sign of civilisation. These women are hurting like hell, shedding blood and tears in an attempt to provide the country with a new generation of tax payers an then you punish them whith huge medical bills?

My friend told me she saved money for four years so she could afford the c-section she knew she might need. And I just thought, what if she had gotten pregnant before she had saved up enough?

And how many mums opt for homebirths for financial reasons, even when there are risky situations? How about protecting unborn children, you Republicans out there? 

Yup. It's pretty ridiculous. I had an unplanned c-section last year, which of course was more expensive than the vaginal birth I was hoping to have. Our insurance is pretty good but we still ended up paying about $1,700 out of pocket for the surgery and my hospital stay. This on top of the fact that I was on leave for 12 weeks, not getting paid. It didn't kill us or anything, but like you said, what if we hadn't planned to get pregnant when we did and we hadn't had the money? And we actually got lucky- I was on a forum with other moms-to-be, and there were a couple of horror stories of moms unexpectedly getting hospital bills in the mail for thousands of dollars.

39 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Yup. It's pretty ridiculous. I had an unplanned c-section last year, which of course was more expensive than the vaginal birth I was hoping to have. Our insurance is pretty good but we still ended up paying about $1,700 out of pocket for the surgery and my hospital stay. This on top of the fact that I was on leave for 12 weeks, not getting paid. It didn't kill us or anything, but like you said, what if we hadn't planned to get pregnant when we did and we hadn't had the money? And we actually got lucky- I was on a forum with other moms-to-be, and there were a couple of horror stories of moms unexpectedly getting hospital bills in the mail for thousands of dollars.

Not having national health insurance is a bummer!  In Israel, for instance, not only are hospital births totally free, but the government actually gives you about $500 USD to help pay for the expenses of a new baby in the family even if the new baby is adopted.  Also, all women giving birth (or adopting) receive five months of paid maternity leave at their current salaries and their jobs are guaranteed to be there for them when the five months is up.  New fathers can also take some paid leave if they want.  In addition, new mothers are entitled to stay at special maternity hotels for a week after giving birth, to bond with the baby, have 24-hour medical care and advice, and be free from domestic responsibilities and care of other children while she rests and recoups.  America is way behind the times!

You are so right. I think, thanks to Bernie Sanders starting this conversation, the politico's will mull this over for another 20-30 years before anything is done about it. I'm on Medicare & last year I had 5...5 MRI's on my back & didn't pay a dime for these. Each one cost over $5,000. We should all have Medicare.

*Leg went numb; couldn't find anything. Leg still numb*

So can anyone report on what jessa or anyone else said on gma.

because if she really said what I read it goes to show you how entitled they feel and that to me triggers something not even remotely good.

So can anyone report on what jessa or anyone else said on gma.

because if she really said what I read it goes to show you how entitled they feel and that to me triggers something not even remotely good.

What did you read? I hadn't heard of a gma (good morning America, I assume?) appearance.

Just now, missegeno said:

What did you read? I hadn't heard of a gma (good morning America, I assume?) appearance.

I read it on here. I think and don't quote me because it is hot here and my mind hurts.

jessa said its time for the family to be back to on tv. I could be wrong.

21 minutes ago, missegeno said:

GMA is running previews of a show right now featuring an interview with some of the Duggar daughters.  The show is scheduled to air Monday morning.

21 minutes ago, nst said:

I read it on here. I think and don't quote me because it is hot here and my mind hurts.

jessa said its time for the family to be back to on tv. I could be wrong.

Just went searching - it looks like that was mentioned in the Counting On thread:

From @Cleopatra7: "The J'slaves will be on GMA to hawk the new show. Jessa says, 'We're ready to be in the spotlight again.' As if there was ever a time when you weren't?"

Thanks, @DuggarWatch for clarifying the status of the appearance. I can't find any clips online yet, but hopefully soon.

I don't think pregnancy-related healthcare should be free but I do think what things end up costing is pretty insane.

I do think birth control should be free though.

I still remember 30 years ago when I was having my first, I was in my second day of labor and in agony but I was told that a spinal would be $800 extra and our insurance would not pay for that.  That was a horrible decision to make because $800 was a lot of money and I knew we would need it for the baby.  I did my best to hold out but in the end I caved and got the spinal. 

I just saw this on tumblr and......wow, I could see this happening one day:

It just occurred to me that Jessa and Ben’s marriage will most likely not go well in the same manner that Jon and Kate went South: a control freak with tons of children married to a man-child who didn’t realize what he signed up for.

2 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

I still remember 30 years ago when I was having my first, I was in my second day of labor and in agony but I was told that a spinal would be $800 extra and our insurance would not pay for that.  That was a horrible decision to make because $800 was a lot of money and I knew we would need it for the baby.  I did my best to hold out but in the end I caved and got the spinal. 

That is awful that they were discussing the bill with you while you were in so much pain. I mean it's good you were informed but it just seems so mean to be charging that amount of money for necessary medical care. I've never had a baby but I've been in hospital in terrible amounts of pain and if someone had told me the pain meds were $500 a pop I'd be in an entirely different type of pain as well.

14 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

Not having national health insurance is a bummer!  In Israel, for instance, not only are hospital births totally free, but the government actually gives you about $500 USD to help pay for the expenses of a new baby in the family even if the new baby is adopted.  Also, all women giving birth (or adopting) receive five months of paid maternity leave at their current salaries and their jobs are guaranteed to be there for them when the five months is up.  New fathers can also take some paid leave if they want.  In addition, new mothers are entitled to stay at special maternity hotels for a week after giving birth, to bond with the baby, have 24-hour medical care and advice, and be free from domestic responsibilities and care of other children while she rests and recoups.  America is way behind the times!

Post-birth hotels are definitely not free or cheap there! Maternity leave is decent compared to the US but is nowhere near the year Canadians get. In both countries, though, you will pay through the nose for parking and mediocre hospital food. 

I don't know if someone already talked about this but did it annoy anyone that Ben had to get a word in on Derricks Birthday video? He wants to be some "hip" mega preacher but he doesn't have charisma whatsoever. Ben also comes off as a try hard. Like you can't have a decent conversation without him spewing something about Jesus and trying to save you. I know most people think Jessa wears the pants in the relationship but something about Ben ticks me off.......I just can't put my finger on it.

• Criscat locked this topic

Archived