IGNORED

Bates Family Part 11

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

Annoying post ahead that is completely irrelevant to the conversation:

@picklepizzas YOUR SIMS AVATAR IS SO PERFECT AND FITTING AND IT IS EVERYTHING YAS YAS YAS

I agree with the avatar! I think I had one family once who had 10 kids, lots of twins, there was a LOT of boolprop going on with the Tombstone of Life and Death/get pregnant/forcetwins etc. I even gave the woman two sets of alien twins, including the first pair. I remember ONE of the kids' names, Billie, and the rest I forgot... but it was years ago.... I've done some fundie style families on the Sims 3, including one where the oldest had a no-touch courtship haha, first time they hugged was when they were engaged...

Sorry for derailment. 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Snarkle seems Talbots is a bit pricey...I don't know if paying 90 bucks for a pair of jeans to destroy on a construction site is a great idea...there's no outlets here in Lost Wages either :( 

3 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

Annoying post ahead that is completely irrelevant to the conversation:

@picklepizzas YOUR SIMS AVATAR IS SO PERFECT AND FITTING AND IT IS EVERYTHING YAS YAS YAS

haha thanks! i have to admit this site often makes me yearn to play the sims...that may even be where my fascination with mega families began!

I haven't seen this discussed before, but are the Bates girls allowed to dye their hair? I have seen so many different shades of brown and I wondering if some of it is from a bottle? IIFC Alyssa highlighted her hair in the past year. 

Alyssa dyed her hair darker right before Michael's wedding, but I don't know if it's one of those "now that she's married she can do what she wants" deals. 

I'm in the would only wear soft pants, no jeans, skirts or dresses, until I was 13. Then I found out that jeans could be stretchy, too. Now it's jeans outside, always. And tights inside. I always change out of my 'outside' clothes, as soon as I get home. Brings less allergens inside, and cuts back on laundry. 

I hope Nathan's announcement is he's moving away

10 hours ago, sunshine said:

I think he bought himself a new horse. :content:

At least he hopes to do some riding soon... (apologies in advance).

3 hours ago, bashfulpixie said:

Alyssa dyed her hair darker right before Michael's wedding, but I don't know if it's one of those "now that she's married she can do what she wants" deals. 

I remember in the Michael's wedding episode, Gil was making a huge deal about how he didn't recognize her with darker hair and didn't greet her at first. I'm not sure if he was joking around or if this is a borderline Tevye Finds Out His Daughter Married Outside the Faith situation.

3 hours ago, DugFan said:

I know there is the constant debate about Bates vs. Duggars, but after the last episode I have to put one more check in the "yes, the Bates are still a little cookoo, but less so than the Duggars" box.  Can we just give tiny props to their modest swimwear?  I mean, if you really believe in modest swimwear, this was the way to do it.  T-shirts over suits... all clothing made of water-appropriate materials.  Gone were the Duggar's ridiculous flowery jumpers and Boob's JEANS!  I daresay Kelly's swimwear was more attractive than her normal clothing.  A baby step IMO. :)

They weren't dumb enough to not notice how dorky they looked in prairie dresses, so they changed to more fashionable  clothes. They surely changed to less freakish swim wear because it makes them appeal more to the masses. There's nothing endearing about their change of dress. It's just a step they took to appear more normal than they actually are.

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I remember in the Michael's wedding episode, Gil was making a huge deal about how he didn't recognize her with darker hair and didn't greet her at first. I'm not sure if he was joking around or if this is a borderline Tevye Finds Out His Daughter Married Outside the Faith situation.

I thought I missed that scene so I just watched that episode again. I just saw Zach and Whitney talking to Alyssa that they didn't recognize her and then the TH. Where exactly is that scene with Gil not recognizing Alyssa?

2 hours ago, Pretzel said:

They weren't dumb enough to not notice how dorky they looked in prairie dresses, so they changed to more fashionable  clothes. They surely changed to less freakish swim wear because it makes them appeal more to the masses. There's nothing endearing about their change of dress. It's just a step they took to appear more normal than they actually are.

Unfortunately for them it's on tape. 

10 hours ago, feministxtian said:

@Snarkle seems Talbots is a bit pricey...I don't know if paying 90 bucks for a pair of jeans to destroy on a construction site is a great idea...there's no outlets here in Lost Wages either :( 

If you watch for sales, you can get stuff a lot cheaper. I just bought a sweater there that was originally $90 for $15 and I bought a skirt that was originally $120 for $20. 

10 hours ago, Withagrainofsalt said:

I haven't seen this discussed before, but are the Bates girls allowed to dye their hair? I have seen so many different shades of brown and I wondering if some of it is from a bottle? IIFC Alyssa highlighted her hair in the past year. 

Pretty sure that Erin colors her hair.  I've noticed darker roots in pics of her.

22 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Pretty sure that Erin colors her hair.  I've noticed darker roots in pics of her.

I think she colors her hair too, and I think she started a long time ago, before she was even courting Chad. I guess Alyssa and Michaela highlighted their hair before their weddings.

I know it's not the same thing, but I'm pretty positive Whitney does too, because I noticed her grow out right before she announced her pregnancy

Those girls are no strangers to hair color.  I've had my hair color done for years. Highlights, lowlights, and did an all over color about a year ago to take it back closer to the shade I was originally issued.  I now maintain that shade with a demipermanent color (although I'm thinking about throwing some highlights back in it this summer).   Erin's blond definitely has had some help over the years.  And Alyssa and Whitney have both played around with foils/color.

9 hours ago, Pretzel said:

When they visited Alyssa in the first season they went into the water in their clothes.  I think they got swim wear purposefully after that. 

17 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Jeans...I have muscular legs, no butt and a nice PCOS gut. I can't find JACK to fit. 

Hey!  Me, too!  American Eagle kick boots with peasant tops.  You're welcome.  

Someone asked Kelly on her blog years ago (when Erin and Chad were in the early stages of their relationship) if Erin coloured her hair. Kelly said something along the lines of her not dying it, but using sun-in and I'm sure she said that's all she lets her kids use.

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

Someone asked Kelly on her blog years ago (when Erin and Chad were in the early stages of their relationship) if Erin coloured her hair. Kelly said something along the lines of her not dying it, but using sun-in and I'm sure she said that's all she lets her kids use.

as far as she knows.  

There is zero chance Erin doesn't highlight her hair.  

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

LOL Sun-in. I can smell it now.

33 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

as far as she knows.  

There is zero chance Erin doesn't highlight her hair.  

In the basket Chad bought Erin for their babymoon pre-Carson, the hair-care products in there were specifically for color treated blonde hair.  Not that natural blondes can't use them as well, but most people who use hair products specifically for chemically lightened hair have chemically lightened hair.   

^^^ Eagle eye!!!!!  That's a good catch.  I'm not hating on highlighted hair, BTW.  I use them to hide the gray hair that is starting to vex me in my advanced age.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived