IGNORED

Bates Family Part 11

Coconut Flan

I'm Venezuelan-British and I lived in London for a few years until recently, I've found british stores much more consistent than American ones when it comes to sizes, especially for body types like mine (curvy latina). Buying clothes in the US or Latin America is kinda a pain in the ass.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that clothes are more standardized in the UK relative to the US. It's just that they standardly don't fit my Latin American body. I save time since I don't have to try a range of sizes anymore, but now they just all fail to fit in the same strange manner. I've had to shift to being a skirt wearer until I move back to the states since I've lost weight and my American jeans are now too large on me (but I wear them sometimes, since they still stay up better than my newer brit pants). Maybe the silver lining on American failures of consistency is that it accommodates a wider range of body types?

Have you tried Tesco jeans? I recently bought a pair & liked them so much I bought another pair. And they were cheap as chips.

There are so many different cuts of jeans it is exhausting.  But M&S, Next, New Look, Debenhams etc have diff cuts for diff body types, so theoretically may have a shape that fits you. 

Sainsburys have jeans with a good bit of stretch in them so the smaller size might work. Their 8 is on the larger size.

It appears that Nathan will make an announcement towards the end of this season. "Nathan calls a family meeting to share some exciting news." (3/31)

44 minutes ago, sunshine said:

It appears that Nathan will make an announcement towards the end of this season. "Nathan calls a family meeting to share some exciting news." (3/31)

That announcement is so surprising, no one on free jinger will ever figure out what it is!

:shhhh:

16 hours ago, infooverload said:

I wonder if Allyssa goes to Grandma Jane and her husband, to discuss their thoughts on marriage. Their marriage model is certainly different from what they have been exposed to. They are a Christians who raised upstanding Christian's, but didn't subscribe to quiverfull. Both had careers and from what we have seen seem to be enjoying their golden years.

Remember the pic Alyssa posted a few weeks ago of herself in a sleeveless dress and she said it was a vintage one belonging to Mama Jane.  You know Mama Jane has been waiting to have a granddaughter who doesn't subscribe to the crazy.

6 hours ago, missegeno said:

I didn't notice any snark from Michael's family about the size of the apartment, but rather about how cluttered it was. Kelly Jo mentions her and Gil starting with a small place. The issue, as I understand it, was in the amount of furniture crowded into it. These are people who are used to leaving a good amount of floor room available because that's where people fit. Michael and Brandon, being only two people, can fill some of that people space with furniture and still be comfortable. But then when the crowd of people visit, it seems like too much furniture. As posters already mentioned, Michael and Brandon may agree that its too much furniture for the space but not want to get rid of things pre-Texas. Or they may like it cozy or just just not care. Regardless, her family seemed to realize the apartment would be small because it's Chicago, not rural TN. It's the furniture and use of space that they were overly opinionated about.

And while I'm at it,

- I don't think Brandon is creepy or controlling in the way that some commenters have noted. To me, Michael seemed happy to have some backup after a day of trying to defend her furniture to overbearing family.

- Jeans used to fit me perfectly, but now I have an athletic latina body and am shopping in british stores instead of San Francisco's Mission street. The last pair of jeans I tried on squeezed the shit out of my calves, flattened by butt, and ballooned in the front like maternity clothes for somebody with a giant crotch. I couldn't get the size 8s over my calves, but size 10 simply does not stay on my hips, being too large even for my bubble butt and held up only by the incredible tightness around my thighs. I don't think ASDA is used to people who are round in back and flat in front. Or muscular calves.

Have you tried Uniqlo? I get all my jeans from there now. They have a huge variety. My absolute favourites are the stretchy leggings they have that look exactly like jeans but are SO comfy and have a stretchy waist. Cheap too - the jeggings are around £10 I think, maybe less. :)

I know there is the constant debate about Bates vs. Duggars, but after the last episode I have to put one more check in the "yes, the Bates are still a little cookoo, but less so than the Duggars" box.  Can we just give tiny props to their modest swimwear?  I mean, if you really believe in modest swimwear, this was the way to do it.  T-shirts over suits... all clothing made of water-appropriate materials.  Gone were the Duggar's ridiculous flowery jumpers and Boob's JEANS!  I daresay Kelly's swimwear was more attractive than her normal clothing.  A baby step IMO. :)

28 minutes ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

Have you tried Uniqlo? I get all my jeans from there now. They have a huge variety. My absolute favourites are the stretchy leggings they have that look exactly like jeans but are SO comfy and have a stretchy waist. Cheap too - the jeggings are around £10 I think, maybe less. :)

Uniqlo is the best, i have four pairs of those.

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

Well a predictable birthday present....

59 minutes ago, hollywood said:

That announcement is so surprising, no one on free jinger will ever figure out what it is!

:shhhh:

I think he bought himself a new horse. :content:

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

He's getting hitched to a Yankee who sometimes wears pants!  

{And probably doesn't have a picture of Grand Wizard Nathan Bedford Forrest hanging in her home.}

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

I hope it is the courtship! to be honest the season has been dissapointing so far, only interesting thing was the wedding...

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

Nah. He's going to announce that he kissed a girl.... and he liked it! 

image.jpeg.e9c07aea892de7b5ffb9bb393505d

If it's not the courtship I am going to scream. They introduced Ashley in season one and it was pretty obvious where things were going then. I don't understand the secrecy at all.  

1 hour ago, tumblr said:

If it's not the courtship I am going to scream. They introduced Ashley in season one and it was pretty obvious where things were going then. I don't understand the secrecy at all.  

Ratings.

Oooh-- what if he asked her to court without mommy & daddy present??  Hence the announcement at a family meeting.

¡es un escándalo!

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Oooh-- what if he asked her to court without mommy & daddy present??  Hence the announcement at a family meeting.

¡es un escándalo!

I thought it was just the girl's parents that are involved in courtship decisions.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

On 3/5/2016 at 4:03 PM, picklepizzas said:

count me in on getting a weird vibe from brandon, but feeling that it has nothing to do with control issues/potential mistreatment of michael. he just seems weird, but not in a way that makes me think he's at all a bad guy. if anything, he seems over the top considerate of michael (i mean, c'mon, he let her design their bedroom in baby pink....)

Annoying post ahead that is completely irrelevant to the conversation:

@picklepizzas YOUR SIMS AVATAR IS SO PERFECT AND FITTING AND IT IS EVERYTHING YAS YAS YAS

Jeans...I have muscular legs, no butt and a nice PCOS gut. I can't find JACK to fit. 

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Jeans...I have muscular legs, no butt and a nice PCOS gut. I can't find JACK to fit. 

Hi five, I am familiar with PCOS gut!  I found this winter that Talbots makes stretchy jeans that work really well.  I was even able to go down a size or two because they were so adaptable, and even tapered to the ankle.  They're even better than the ones I got a few years ago in the same style.  My problem is I have shorter legs but a long torso and I only wear flats, so boot cut is out.  I find ankle length is best on me (and I am 5'7").

5 hours ago, sunshine said:

Better if he Got a Horse from God, though!

gonna need boot cut...seeing as how I've been accepted into an apprenticeship program and I'll be running around on construction sites. I'm going to hit Talbots as soon as I have some $$...I have a couple of pairs of jeans that will work for now. 

Just now, feministxtian said:

gonna need boot cut...seeing as how I've been accepted into an apprenticeship program and I'll be running around on construction sites. I'm going to hit Talbots as soon as I have some $$...I have a couple of pairs of jeans that will work for now. 

I luckily live near several Talbot's outlets, so that helps, but this season I bought them direct from the regular store - five pairs in different colors!  And congrats on your apprenticeship!

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived