IGNORED

Counting On Season One

Coconut Flan

38 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I will not accept you talking to me this way. I was quoted, so why would I not think it was about me? Good grief...

No, you were not. If you go back to my post (it's the first one on this page), I did not quote anyone. So if you could stop putting words in my mouth, I would really appreciate that.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TL:dr. ANATOMY OF A SHITSTORM

LBE made a comment. I commented on her comment. Things were civil at first. Then, she dug into her position and I dug into mine. I offered to agree to disagree several times. When personal inferences were made about me merely because I held an opinion different than hers, I responded in kind. That tends to happen. 

To avoid future shitstorms:

Stick to discussing WRITTEN opinions

Refrain from expressing disdain about the person making the opinion that you disagree with.

Do not expand the scope of a posters' comment. Nobody is a mind reader.

Before assuming bad things about the person you disagree with, seek clarification. I asked several question (real, not snarky ones) to get a better understanding of LBE's thoughts, but she did not answer. 

Hope something productive comes out of this. It distracts from the fun of being a member here, these unnecessary conflicts.

39 minutes ago, JillyO said:

No, you were not. If you go back to my post (it's the first one on this page), I did not quote anyone. So if you could stop putting words in my mouth, I would really appreciate that.

Your post is not the first one on the page on my phone. I upvoted your post, but as with all dust-ups, my sensitivity was heightened. Sincere apologies for the confusion here, I made a good faith error.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived