IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 17

Coconut Flan

here's the article.

This week's issue of PEOPLE Magazine features seven of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's 19 children, who, along with Jill Dillard, will star in the upcoming season of Counting On, set to premiere March 15th at 9pm ET/8pm CT on TLC.

The Duggar siblings speak on a variety of topics, including their current career endeavors, their love lives, and the forgiveness they have extended to brother Josh.

Jinger Duggar, 22, reveals that she has entered the family used car sales business.

"I started watching them, and all my little brothers were making a lot of money," she tells PEOPLE exclusively. "I decided to get in on that."

Jinger, along with Joseph Duggar, 21, and Josiah Duggar, 19, are also working in prison ministry. (You may remember that Anna's family, the Kellers, are also involved in prison ministry.)

John-David Duggar, 26, is a volunteer at the International ALERT Academy, a Christian organization based in Big Sandy, Texas, and a part-time police officer, and he is also involved in the Duggar family real estate business, which is in its fifth generation.

Joy-Anna Duggar, 18, works alongside her siblings in helping Jim Bob remodel residential and commercial buildings and also babysits for family and friends.

Josiah, who briefly courted Marjorie Jackson during spring and summer of 2015, shares why that relationship ended. "We were just trying to follow God's lead on everything," he tells PEOPLE exclusively. "She didn't feel that it was the right timing then, so we called it quits for a bit."

On forgiving Josh, who has recently completed his rehab program and is back home in Arkansas, Jessa and Joy say that they have forgiven their older brother but that it will take time for him to rebuild their trust. "We love him very much, though, and we are very hopeful for the future," says Jessa.

For more info, visit PEOPLE.com, and pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE Magazine, available at newsstands starting today.

bold is mine.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

here's the article.

This week's issue of PEOPLE Magazine features seven of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's 19 children, who, along with Jill Dillard, will star in the upcoming season of Counting On, set to premiere March 15th at 9pm ET/8pm CT on TLC.

The Duggar siblings speak on a variety of topics, including their current career endeavors, their love lives, and the forgiveness they have extended to brother Josh.

Jinger Duggar, 22, reveals that she has entered the family used car sales business.

"I started watching them, and all my little brothers were making a lot of money," she tells PEOPLE exclusively. "I decided to get in on that."

Jinger, along with Joseph Duggar, 21, and Josiah Duggar, 19, are also working in prison ministry. (You may remember that Anna's family, the Kellers, are also involved in prison ministry.)

John-David Duggar, 26, is a volunteer at the International ALERT Academy, a Christian organization based in Big Sandy, Texas, and a part-time police officer, and he is also involved in the Duggar family real estate business, which is in its fifth generation.

Joy-Anna Duggar, 18, works alongside her siblings in helping Jim Bob remodel residential and commercial buildings and also babysits for family and friends.

Josiah, who briefly courted Marjorie Jackson during spring and summer of 2015, shares why that relationship ended. "We were just trying to follow God's lead on everything," he tells PEOPLE exclusively. "She didn't feel that it was the right timing then, so we called it quits for a bit."

On forgiving Josh, who has recently completed his rehab program and is back home in Arkansas, Jessa and Joy say that they have forgiven their older brother but that it will take time for him to rebuild their trust. "We love him very much, though, and we are very hopeful for the future," says Jessa.

For more info, visit PEOPLE.com, and pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE Magazine, available at newsstands starting today.

bold is mine.

Good for Jinger! I know it's still heavily controlled and under JB's watch but I'm glad she's working and getting some life experience. It's something. And I'm a little shocked that JB's even allowing her to work in such a stereotypically male profession.

I'm speaking on the assumption that she's joined them as a saleswoman. I hope she has. I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if they've just plonked her on the reception desk for show to placate the 'jobless Duggars' critics. 

Still. It's nice that she's earning her own money.

Likely the only reason Jinger is allowed to work at the car lot is to look good. She's 22, not courting, not doing any sorting of schooling, and not really need to watch babies (that's Jana's job, apparently). They have to have her do something. The same with Joy. 

It's all tightly controlled for the public. 

Notice, Jana isn't included in that list? Sounds like she really is the Cinderella Duggar. And remember when Josh said the paperwork at the lot was a mess until Anna came on board & straightened that all out.

58 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Notice, Jana isn't included in that list? Sounds like she really is the Cinderella Duggar. And remember when Josh said the paperwork at the lot was a mess until Anna came on board & straightened that all out.

I read that someone on here had bought the People magazine and they stated that Jana is in charge of the design when the family flips a house. 

JD isn't a cop He's a constable, an unpaid position but the humpers will believe it all and try to rub it in the critic's faces like see they have 'careers. I don't see the making a bunch of money at a car lot.
Also three more sponsors to contact IFC(Independent Film Channel) HGTV, and POP TV. They haven't' pulled ads.

Saw a promo on Foot Network this morning too. 

Foot network, eh? Does it have shows devoted to Jessa's godly exposed feet? Lololol

1 hour ago, missegeno said:

Foot network, eh? Does it have shows devoted to Jessa's godly exposed feet? Lololol

"The Barefoot Jessa Blessa"

On 3/9/2016 at 9:57 AM, ScreamingIzzy said:

I'm not sure she could teach at a Christian school...maybe a funding one, but then you'd run into the whole "women-can't-teach-men" thing. 

I have an MDiv, and I can't even begin to think what "Biblical Exposition" is, because I would bet money she didn't do any work with Greek or Hebrew. It seems like it would function more as a stfu card when she gets in scriptural debates: "Well, do YOU have a MASTER'S DEGREE in Biblical Exposition? I do. Sit the hell down."

Biblical exposition, to me, would be exposing the parts that don't add up. I'm sure that's not it though.

I tried doing a search, but I was wondering. Did Michelle Duggar who is now 49 ever say she was in menopause? I would love to hear that on the new show lol

Knowing J'Chelle and her crazy, she'll probably never stop hoping for baby number 20. I mean, imagine all the attention she would get!

I assume that Michelle is in menopause and has been for the past couple of years, but she and JB still had to claim they were "working on number twenty" for the cameras. Since neither of them are supposed to be on Counting On (in theory, at least), hopefully this will be the end of the talk of number twenty. 

Back when Kelly still kept up the Bateseses blog she said that babies had to come in the form of grand babies. I took that as her acknowledging that the baby years are over and she's hit menopausal age. Never heard that from Michelle, though.

Sickly sweet euphanisms have given us hope but I don't recall her saying anything that confirms she is done.   My guess is she was getting subtle changes in her cycle...like having one instead of being pregnant because she seemed to be holding out hope, talked about hormone supplements to help her uterus hold on to a embryo.

I would hope that no doctor would go beyond that in assisting them in another pregnancy.  The risk to the baby, and I don't mean dying, outd be too great.

I remember her saying that it was sad to not be having babies anymore (this was a couple or three seasons back), where she was talking about how sad it was to not have more kids, but that was okay because "that's about the time when God starts bringing grandbabies".

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Didn't JB say something about Michelle's plumbing not being right? 

Oh god, that's more information than I ever wanted to know. :brainbleach:

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Yeah, when they went to go put up Josie's crib in the Dillard house for Israel, JB said, "I'm not sure if it's my plumbing or hers, but..."

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

What the hell? Does that man listen to himself?

9 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I remember her saying that it was sad to not be having babies anymore (this was a couple or three seasons back), where she was talking about how sad it was to not have more kids, but that was okay because "that's about the time when God starts bringing grandbabies".

I remember that too, and thought it was weird since Josie and the other little girls were and still quite young. Most parents of a six year old and half a dozen tweens and even more teens wouldn't consider their parenting days anywhere near being done, but to hear Michelle talk, she's practically an empty nester because no more babies will be forthcoming. I guess once the babies hit the six month mark, it's time to look forward to the newest model.

Just now, Fundie Bunny said:

What the hell? Does that man listen to himself?

Only enough to be pleased by the sound of his own melodious (:lol:) voice.

"Jinger Duggar, 22, reveals that she has entered the family used car sales business."

They may not have a brick-n-mortar car lot anymore. They may just be buying cars at auction, fixing them up a bit, and selling them on Ebay or elsewhere. They can store them in their storage buildings. 

I just watched the GMA clip, and yeah, looks good. Nothing to snark on except Jessa's asking for rumors with mentioning "double wedding of the twins".

If people in their town are really "angry" about them still filming, then all they have to do is start setting boundaries. For example, the lumberyard manager said he was asked for permission to bring the film crew. He clearly said yes, but he could've said no. Plenty of their people I'm sure have, like some of Anna's siblings(I think all but Priscilla, actually) and Michelle's family. It's not that they don't see them, but one brother-in-law(rumored to now be ex-BIL) indicated that "yes, we love Josh and Anna and we spend time with them off-camera". All the businesses in their town forbid the film crew equipment on their property and all they can film is them at home. Then there's snark about them isolating themselves.

We'll see what happens.

• choralcrusader8613 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived