IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 17

Coconut Flan

The helpmeets whose headships won't take detours to visit the Duggar diggs are just not doing it right.  I was once in love with the show Northern Exposure and wanted to see where it was filmed.  So I navigated my headship there by only going a hundred miles out of the way (but scenic) and found another helpmeet there who did the same to her headship, but she has to navigate him a couple of hundred miles.  I was delighted and bellied up to the bar they used.  Great little town in Roslyn, Washington as I recall.  Got a t shirt and night shirt with the Moose on it too.  My headship ended up enjoying himself and being charmed as well.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

A couple new photos on the duggar official Facebook page. Michelle, Jackson, Jordyn, Josie, and Jenni in the waiting area of the dentist office. At least I think it's Jackson. I get all the howlers mixed up. If it is, why the heck is an 11 year old looking at flash cards that say 5+0? 6+0? Etc.

After looking at the picture I still have problems with it. *maybe* he's drilling a younger one, but i don't see anyone nearby to be drilled. Of course, that could just be the photo's angle.  But he's looking at the back of the card with the answer. If he's just drilling josie  he shouldn't have to look at the back that hard. or at all.  I'm sorry, but even a dyslexic 11 year old knows 5+0.  Ask how i know.  by 11, almost 12, you shouldn't have to think about that answer, it should be automatic. You really shouldn't have to look at the back of the flashcard for the answer either.

The fb comments are all "he needs new boots, no he doesn't!" people. his boots aren't the issue. That's just how cowboy boots get when kids wear them a lot, especially if they play hard.    The real issue is the poor education. And the very few people who point that out get jumped all over. "math is hard" "i still need help doing that stuff and i'm in my 20's" (lady,dude, whoever you are, your education wasn't stellar either then. maybe you should work on that).  One person simply said "i sure hope those flashcards aren't for him" and was told she had a nasty heart, or something like that.

Found this on Pickles & thought it was very informative. But now she's an atheist. Don't think I'd go that far under her circumstances, but I can't speak for her. It's nice to know some of them do get out of it, even if it's 7 kids in.

With Jackson and the cards...I just hope he was bored and looking at cards. Because if they aren't his, I fear if he has some sort of learning disability it's just being ignored.

34 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Found this on Pickles & thought it was very informative. But now she's an atheist. Don't think I'd go that far under her circumstances, but I can't speak for her. It's nice to know some of them do get out of it, even if it's 7 kids in.

I don't know. If they don't have access to someone willing to share a different u understanding of God and Christianity, I can EASILY see a woman thinking, "Fuck that noise. I'm out." if all she knows is the ATI understanding of God. 

I mean, if I was taught that JB was like God? No, thanks. I'll try it on my own.

3 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

After looking at the picture I still have problems with it. *maybe* he's drilling a younger one, but i don't see anyone nearby to be drilled. Of course, that could just be the photo's angle.  But he's looking at the back of the card with the answer. If he's just drilling josie  he shouldn't have to look at the back that hard. or at all.  I'm sorry, but even a dyslexic 11 year old knows 5+0.  Ask how i know.  by 11, almost 12, you shouldn't have to think about that answer, it should be automatic. You really shouldn't have to look at the back of the flashcard for the answer either.

If I was forced into doing flashcards with someone I would be doing them like the pic shows. I wouldn't even look at what it had on the other side (they can read it themselves) - I would just pull the top one (to the other person) up so I could see the answer to tell them yes or no. There is no way I would have the cards like that if I was the one reviewing them.

5 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

With Jackson and the cards...I just hope he was bored and looking at cards. Because if they aren't his, I fear if he has some sort of learning disability it's just being ignored.

^^ This was my thought. They might have brought along thing to keep the youngest ones occupied and he got bored enough to grab them up.  I've never seen any of them with pleasure books of any kind so he might have just picked them up to keep himself from being stir crazy.

I was a little surprised to see that Michelle was the only adult. (Unless Jinger or someone snapped the photos.)

The J'slaves are probably filming or promoting their show. They will be D-list stars until Josie marries. :2wankers:

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

And Michelle thinks everyone will be fascinated by a(nother) trip to the dentist. :562479a9d021a_Titanicyawn:

Bolded, FTFY

Does it bother anyone else that whenever Michelle is shown paying attention to her little girls it is always Josie? It is like she has just one little girl - Josie - and the other ones don't need any loving. It is not just that Josie is so young and that it is an occasional thing, Michelle had been doing this since Jordyn and Jennifer were toddlers and pretty much always. And she is a lot older then the age that Michelle neglected the other girls at. How ridiculous can Michelle be? What more damage is she doing to her children with this obvious favoritism? It's just not bad for the other children, but it also is destructive to her precious Josie. How do the other kids really feel about their sweet little baby sister? What do you all think? Sorry for the rant, but this has been bothering me for a long time!

3 hours ago, Hugababy said:

Does it bother anyone else that whenever Michelle is shown paying attention to her little girls it is always Josie? It is like she has just one little girl - Josie - and the other ones don't need any loving. It is not just that Josie is so young and that it is an occasional thing, Michelle had been doing this since Jordyn and Jennifer were toddlers and pretty much always. And she is a lot older then the age that Michelle neglected the other girls at. How ridiculous can Michelle be? What more damage is she doing to her children with this obvious favoritism? It's just not bad for the other children, but it also is destructive to her precious Josie. How do the other kids really feel about their sweet little baby sister? What do you all think? Sorry for the rant, but this has been bothering me for a long time!

I think it is self-preservation. Her identity has been tied up in making babies for almost her intire life. Now she can't any more. She is lost, adrift, and clings to the only thing she knows, and the only thing that makes her valuable. I don't think she sees the value in being a mother outside of producing more children. Filling the quiver is more important than adding to the quality of the arrows. 

8 hours ago, Hugababy said:

I've noticed this as well. It's sad to me. But not surprising. Josie will always be "the baby."

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

I've noticed this as well. It's sad to me. But not surprising. Josie will always be "the baby."

I also think that Josie is the first of the kids that Michelle has had the chance to really bond with, and maybe the only child Michelle really knows. Up until now she's either been pregnant or had a baby to care all.the.time, and have had neither the time or the energy (or inclination?) to take a active and/or personal interest in all of the other kids lives.

Yes, she should and could spend more time with the howlers, but, I do not think she knows what to do with a child above a certain age. I don't even know if the other kids really sees her as their mom, and not just their mother/bringer of life. 

Also, I think she really does not know what to do or think anymore. She probably does not recognize her own body (it is not pregnant or post-pregnant, after all), her life (no small child, her kids are growing up before her eyes) or her "status". If she is still menstruating, there is the stress of waiting for the period every.month, maybe hoping desperately for a pregnancy that never happens. If her cycles is turning irregular, there is the added stress of never knowing when it is going to come. If she has lost her period, it is the loss of her "reason for living" to deal with. 

I think she clings to Josie for many reasons, and maybe the biggest one being that she is afraid of the change Josie growing up represents.

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

On a completely different tangent, I was @ Trader Joe's last night, & I happened to see a little girl (~2-3 years oldish) in a shopping cart being pushed around by her (presumed) Mama. She was a towhead & had curls, & I immediately thought of Josie.

wth is wrong w/me?  :my_huh:

1 hour ago, Thorns said:

I also think that Josie is the first of the kids that Michelle has had the chance to really bond with, and maybe the only child Michelle really knows. Up until now she's either been pregnant or had a baby to care all.the.time, and have had neither the time or the energy (or inclination?) to take a active and/or personal interest in all of the other kids lives.

Yes, she should and could spend more time with the howlers, but, I do not think she knows what to do with a child above a certain age. I don't even know if the other kids really sees her as their mom, and not just their mother/bringer of life. 

Also, I think she really does not know what to do or think anymore. She probably does not recognize her own body (it is not pregnant or post-pregnant, after all), her life (no small child, her kids are growing up before her eyes) or her "status". If she is still menstruating, there is the stress of waiting for the period every.month, maybe hoping desperately for a pregnancy that never happens. If her cycles is turning irregular, there is the added stress of never knowing when it is going to come. If she has lost her period, it is the loss of her "reason for living" to deal with. 

I think she clings to Josie for many reasons, and maybe the biggest one being that she is afraid of the change Josie growing up represents.

Empty nest syndrome, perhaps? Or with that many kids/grandkids/future grandkids, that might not be an issue. :: shrugs ::

My Gramma had 9 kids and has always prefered babies to older kids. Her favorite daughter is still her youngest, because she was the only child in the family for so long. Then my cousin K was the favorite for being the only baby girl for so long. Now my cousin G is the favorite because she's the only toddler girl right now. 

2 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Guess that didn't work. Anyway, it said jinger is working at the car lot & it listed half-ass jobs the other kidults had.

What car lot?

I often wonder about Jackson. He's a month younger than my grandson. Today, my grandson is at an all day merit badge workshop for scouts. He'll learn some interesting things, eat, probably tell fart jokes with his buddies, and have a great time.

Jackson will be in the TTH with his sisters, doing what? I guess I am really aware of Jackson because of his age. I guess he can play the violin.

Didn't they have two car lots? If they did have just the one I could see it being 'sold' to a family friend who then let them have it back the minute they came calling...

12 minutes ago, gustava said:

The car lot was sold long ago.

Maybe there are more than one car lot just as there are more than one house that the Duggars are buying and moving into and selling etc.

• choralcrusader8613 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived