IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 17

Coconut Flan

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, CharityBear said:

I hope I did this right!

Does anyone recognize the guy in the gray shirt in the top left corner of the picture? I'm not familiar with fundies other than Duggars and Bates. I'm hoping for a nice guy for Jana or Jinger!

he is a cutie for sure...looks like they prepared a lot of food in that kitchen for their meal... 

On March 2, 2016 at 2:06 AM, warriorblade8857 said:

Fundies favor calf-length skirts. So, while I agree that I can maintain day-to-day-level mobility in just-at-the-knee-length skirts, calf-length becomes much more difficult.

Recently, I found myself tailing a theif that stole my phone (at a very significant distance because I'm not stupid or suicidal) in a calf-length skirt. The skirt was definitely a hinderance. If he had been remotely violent, I wouldn't have been able to move away fast enough.

And then there's the problem of flashing people in above-the-knee skirts. I find myself restricting my movement, not because I can't move (I find them easier to move in), but because I'm afraid of accidentally flashing people.

All in all, it's hard for me to strike a balance between being able to move freely, yet not being constantly paranoid. It's easier to avoid skirts altogether if I know I have to move.

Edited to add: Also, for someone who doesn't wear skirts on a regular basis, when I do wear a skirt, I'm semi-dressed up. So, there's also a psychological barrier preventing me from moving freely or throwing myself cross-legged on the floor because I'm trying to "maintain my look".

I'm VERY glad you got your phone back, and kudos to you, warriorblade! :)

When I was in SDA (Seventh Day Adventist) elementary-high school,  girls had to wear dresses or skirts.  From the time I left the church as a teenager I would only wear jeans. ;)   Anyway, I've always loved and collected vintage clothes.  

I work at home and on a typical day I wear sweats and Ts and yoga pants, no skirts ever  ;D

On super dressy occasions - and they usually happen to be arty occasions- I tend to wear vintage 50s- early 60s dresses when I can find them in my size (which is not easy but it can be done)  ;)  They generally have 3/4 sleeves and mid-calf hems and they can be dressed up with vintage rhinestone jewelry, which I have a lot of from years of collecting.  I'm really lucky that the look suits me- (I have chubby knees and most modern dresses are not my cup of tea. )  ;)

Vintage clothes are so much fun to wear. :)

I've often wondered why the Duggar girls didn't look for vintage clothes- especially when they shop at thrift stores. They would  easily fit into the sizes available and most vintage dresses would fit into their rules of modesty.

I guess they weren't allowed to read about the history of fashion... ?  ;(

Vintage clothes go to vintage & antigue  shoppes, not thrift stores. They seriously need to stop shopping in thrift shops. Really, they are not going to grow out of their clothes like the littles do. And no matter how classy you are, second hand clothes on an adult  just look like they are second hand.

13 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Izzy is almost a year & Spud is 3/4 months old-I don't for one minute believe that these girls are not using birth control. I'm sure Jill will hop on the baby wagon once they get back in 3-4 months and don't buy that she is already pregnant. One report is already spotting a "small baby bump" on Anna b/c she was wearing a loose sweater. Come on.

Really? You can't believe they wouldn't use birth control? Do you know the first thing about their cult and how they were raised? the girls are drilled from infancy- submit to god, submit! and submit to your husband. They were raised very strictly to trust in god's plan and not interfere. It's a central tenet to their belief system. They grew up hearing their parents preach how birth control is evil and causes abortions. The extent of sex ed Jill got was "don't until marriage, then give your husband sex every time he asks. NEVER reject him or turn him down".  They were raised to believe that god will protect them and everything will be fine, as long as they completely submit to god's will and serve him.  I can't for one minute imagine Jill going to the local pharmacy and picking up birth control.

And of course Anna has a baby bump. She's had 4 kids. No way she's got a flat tummy! She may not be pregnant, even if she never has another pregnancy, her belly will most likely always have a lovely baby bump- so what?

I'm not going to speculate on Jill's cycle, even though michelle shared way more about hers in her books than I needed to know. But I will say I have had friends who went years with no returned cycles because of full term breastfeeding. Granted they were older, so that was part of it.  that being said, breastfeeding isn't a reliable form of bc, and stops being effective after the child is 6 months (and only works well if 95% of the child's calories come from your milk, you nurse on demand, and through out the night, and your cycle hasn't made an appearance).

Son #1 was never 100% breastfed yet it took going down to 1 feeding a day to get #2. We wanted 2 years apart and we go a 3.5 year space.  My doc just looked at me and said "well of course you can't get pregnant, you're still nursing". He finally stopped when I was 6 weeks pregnant and when I asked him why he said that the food was gone. BF varies in birth control effectiveness.  BF and pregnancy kept my Crohn's in remission so I was motivated to keep it going. #2 nursed even longer but we weren't trying for 3 so no idea if the birth control aspect was working.

17 hours ago, CharityBear said:

I hope I did this right!

Does anyone recognize the guy in the gray shirt in the top left corner of the picture? I'm not familiar with fundies other than Duggars and Bates. I'm hoping for a nice guy for Jana or Jinger!

From seeing some discussions, some say it's someone named Austin Smith but I think they mean Logan Smith. He has an Instagram and it's not locked (loganflying4Jesus). To my eyes, the guy in the picture looks extremely close to pics of him on Instagram and I would say that, in my opinion, it's him. In one of the posts dated 11 weeks ago, I says that he's 20 yrs. old. 

33 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

From seeing some discussions, some say it's someone named Austin Smith but I think they mean Logan Smith. He has an Instagram and it's not locked (loganflying4Jesus). To my eyes, the guy in the picture looks extremely close to pics of him on Instagram and I would say that, in my opinion, it's him. In one of the posts dated 11 weeks ago, I says that he's 20 yrs. old. 

Sorry if this has already been discussed! It's hard to keep up.

Looking at this Instagram, I see plenty of Duggar sightings but I also see Marjorie. She sure is around the Duggars a lot still.

On 2/26/2016 at 7:44 AM, DuggarWatch said:

Jim Bob might just love it, since he loves dancing to rap music:

How much time did he have to spend in the prayer closet to repent from this sin? 

The latest pic on the Duggar site shows Hannie and Jenny holding a cake that they supposedly baked. It had birthday candles on it. Could it be for Josh? Is he hiding out at home?

No, no, no, no...that guy would be a terrible influence on any Duggar girl. I mean, the guy wear basketball shorts on his instagram...that's just not appropriate.

(Thanks to FJ I'm checking out random fundie guys' instagrams on a Friday night...wonderful. Where's that monkey covering his eye emoji when you need it. :P

On March 4, 2016 at 7:21 PM, CharityBear said:

I hope I did this right!

Yummy meal with friends?  If you say so, Duggar family. 

To me it looks like dinner at Piccadilly Cafeteria. 

Good times, for sure! ;)

I know it's just a bad picture but that kid on the left side behind Jinger looks seriously weird. :o

I just watched 14 kids. SOTDRT was teaching bankruptcy. They also said that the kids take regular standardized tests. Really? If so, do they ever look at the results and adapt accordingly? Also, I've never seen bankruptcy mentioned on any tests I've seen.

Still sick, so off to binge watch and snark some more.

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I just watched 14 kids. SOTDRT was teaching bankruptcy. They also said that the kids take regular standardized tests. Really? If so, do they ever look at the results and adapt accordingly? Also, I've never seen bankruptcy mentioned on any tests I've seen.

Still sick, so off to binge watch and snark some more.

Arkansas used to require homeschooled kids to take a standardized test every year.  However, kids didn't have to pass the test so it was basically meaningless.  Those tests also cost the state a lot of money.  So, Arkansas no longer requires any tests for homeschoolers.  Obviously, Arkansas is doing a bad job of educating all of its children.  

0.png.964d5dcab0a76dc0c31b0d0929c781e4.p 

Horseback riding in a skirt, wearing sandals and bloomers was ridiculous. Poor Jana.

M was excited about the commercial dishwasher. Dishes clean in 3 minutes, no more dishpan hands. Seriously, when was the last time she did dishes?

Binge watching is done. The episode where they switched jurisdictions, M was asked if she was raising her daughters to be SAHMs. She denied it, but said in their hearts the girls knew that they wanted their future husband to be the breadwinner.

Good job Duggar parents, your daughters married 2 dead beats, and except for JD, none of your sons could earn enough bread to feed the chickens.

ETA I was watching on my tablet and Mr. Wolf asked why I wasn't watching on our big screen tv. I told him I didn't want to frighten him.

The Duggars are so full of utter bullshit. The people who asked them questions never pressed them as hard as they could have. I remember they sat some of the kids and parents down in front of a computer to answer questions. Nothing too difficult came up. You know if a tough question was asked, they'd pull something out their asses.

5 hours ago, religiouslyconfused said:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/03/blind-items-revealed-8-100.html

Looks like this blind from a while got revealed as the Duggars, but it won't say who it is. It is a very vague blind and open to interpretation, as you know the Duggars could consider even kissing on the lips to be scandalous and sexual in nature!  

There is no way that that website is legit? Is that site accurate?

8 hours ago, Emcee said:

AnnaRUk the site is legitimate and often correct.

I find this rumor harder to believe than Michelle expecting triplets or Anna converting to tantric Buddism. But if it is true, heck, fj better be sure the servers are ready for the next big one.

On 3/4/2016 at 6:21 PM, Chickenbutt said:

Maybe they aren't using birth control. Maybe they just aren't having sex. :output_eeMbjt:

There could be some truth to that. There have been some insightful posts about derrick suffering from depression (in the jill and dullard thread). Depression can really kill libido. He also just went through surgery. And jill had a traumatic birth, she may have not been in the mood for some time postpartum.  and maybe lucky enough to have a guy who respects that.  They are in a foreign country, their lives have been a bit tumultuous, and they have the job of taking care of a baby. They may  not have figured out the logistics of when and where, and suffering some serious coitus interruptus. It's not like they have the full set of sister moms to help with baby.

16 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

There is no way that that website is legit? Is that site accurate?

CDAN is the least accurate blind gossip site. You can find articles about CDAN making stuff up. Most blind gossip sites have made up rumors. I pay attention when these sites have the same rumor(multiples sites had rumors about a reality star transitioning). CDAN is the only site that has Duggar blind items. 

I think Lainey gossip has the best, accurate blinds.

ETA: Read CDAN's disclaimer. It says some of their blinds are fantasy.

• choralcrusader8613 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived