IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 17

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

What the hell? Does that man listen to himself?

OMG did he really say that?  Geeze what a horrible thing for a husband to say on camera taped for eternity in regards to his wifes lady parts.  Jim Boob is a jerk.  How modest of him.  :soapbox:

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because Michelle hasn't been pregnant in 4 years doesn't mean she's hit menopause.  The ability to have a baby usually stops about 5 or so years before menopause hits.  I'm close to her age and I still haven't gotten there though my cycle has seen significant changes and I can't imagine I'd be able to get pregnant at his point.  The average age is 51 so most likely she has another year or so to go.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

"Jinger Duggar, 22, reveals that she has entered the family used car sales business."

They may not have a brick-n-mortar car lot anymore. They may just be buying cars at auction, fixing them up a bit, and selling them on Ebay or elsewhere. They can store them in their storage buildings. 

good god those poor people who buy those cars had better get a licensed mechanic look them over....I wouldn't trust a duggar kid with something so important safety wise as a vehicle.    I can just imagine Jim Boob telling a little kid to get under the car and tighten a screw or something.  Might be put together with scotch tape and bubblegum.  

Sadly Jinger is the age in which she could have a bachelors degree in her hand and out looking for an entry level position with her degree.  

In my state you need a dealer's license to sell more than 3 cars a year. They may still be licensed from when they had the car lot. AR may have different laws. Or the Duggars could be working under the table.

13 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

In my state you need a dealer's license to sell more than 3 cars a year. They may still be licensed from when they had the car lot. AR may have different laws. Or the Duggars could be working under the table.

Good point.  In Arkansas, you have to have a dealer's license to sell more than 5 cars a year and a business address.  You can't use your residence as a business address.

https://static.ark.org/eeuploads/asp/used_motor_vehicle_dealers_license_applicatoin_062012.pdf

15 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

Good point.  In Arkansas, you have to have a dealer's license to sell more than 5 cars a year and a business address.  You can't use your residence as a business address.

https://static.ark.org/eeuploads/asp/used_motor_vehicle_dealers_license_applicatoin_062012.pdf

Is there a listing of people that have their dealers licenses?

On 3/11/2016 at 10:38 AM, LadyCrow1313 said:

Empty nest syndrome, perhaps? Or with that many kids/grandkids/future grandkids, that might not be an issue. :: shrugs ::

For MEchele it's empty womb syndrome followed by empty cradle syndrome.    That is followed by, I may as well curl up and die because I have no further use on this earth syndrome. 

27 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

In Colorado its 3 from the same address. The Duggars could easily avoid that loophole. My boyfriend buys, fixes and flips cars. He doesnt have a dealer license. Its irregular though not always 3 i dont think. Its in addition to a 60+ hour a week job plus a few side projects like owning a house and renting it out doing maintenance and now buying tons of land amd wanting to build a cabin this summer.

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I assume that Michelle is in menopause and has been for the past couple of years, but she and JB still had to claim they were "working on number twenty" for the cameras. Since neither of them are supposed to be on Counting On (in theory, at least), hopefully this will be the end of the talk of number twenty. 

It's their way of saying they are humping their nights away.   

31 minutes ago, biblelandjunkie said:

good god those poor people who buy those cars had better get a licensed mechanic look them over....I wouldn't trust a duggar kid with something so important safety wise as a vehicle.    I can just imagine Jim Boob telling a little kid to get under the car and tighten a screw or something.  Might be put together with scotch tape and bubblegum.  

Sadly Jinger is the age in which she could have a bachelors degree in her hand and out looking for an entry level position with her degree.  

I agree. Also, as I've heard from proper car mechatronics I know, that cars are becoming more and more complex technically with all their computer-based electronics. Where I live, they've even changed the official name of the profession formerly known as "car mechanic" to "car mechatronic" to reflect the much higher knowledge and skills you need nowdays if you want to work with cars.

I don't know what kind of cars the Duggars want to "fix up", but, at least with newer models, that could become pretty difficult if they don't know how to deal with all the electronics inside the car.

I really love the point that Michelle has, what, 12(?) kids under the age of 18 living at home and acts like her mothering days are over for good and it's just grandma time from here on out.  No wonder Jana seems stuck.  Someone's got to be the actual mother to those poor kids. 

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Just because Michelle hasn't been pregnant in 4 years doesn't mean she's hit menopause.  The ability to have a baby usually stops about 5 or so years before menopause hits.  I'm close to her age and I still haven't gotten there though my cycle has seen significant changes and I can't imagine I'd be able to get pregnant at his point.  The average age is 51 so most likely she has another year or so to go.

http://www.healthline.com/health-blogs/hold-that-pause/can-i-get-pregnant-during-perimenopause

According to this source, you CAN get pregnant during perimenopause, the years before menopause sets in for good.  But the odds are like 5%, and that's for a women in her 40's.  michelle is almost 50 now.

Once michelle can officially no longer conceive baby's, are she and jim bob allowed to do the hey hey hey? isn't sex only for procreation in their cult?

1 hour ago, Sundaymorning said:

I agree. Also, as I've heard from proper car mechatronics I know, that cars are becoming more and more complex technically with all their computer-based electronics. Where I live, they've even changed the official name of the profession formerly known as "car mechanic" to "car mechatronic" to reflect the much higher knowledge and skills you need nowdays if you want to work with cars.

I don't know what kind of cars the Duggars want to "fix up", but, at least with newer models, that could become pretty difficult if they don't know how to deal with all the electronics inside the car.

Yes this is becoming a serious problem.  My husband and I use a company that specializes in European imports and recently the owner confessed he is having trouble finding a new mechanic.  Years ago anyone willing to get their hands dirty could learn how to fix a car and many dads taught their sons (and sometimes their daughters) how to tinker with the family car.  Now it is much more complicated and requires a knowledge of computers and software. The window on our Passat stopped working and it turned out to be a faulty computer chip.

The same thing is happening with appliance repair-- we use a guy who worked at Maytag for 30 years and now works for himself.  He wants to train someone to help out with his business but it is hard to find someone with a blue collar work ethic willing to get their hands dirty coupled with a knowledge of computers.  When our stove was 4 years old the oven would no longer ignite-- turns out the computer chip needed replacing.  Story of my life these days.

I think the woman has to be available at all times, because she is the only one who can righteously fulfill his needs. Remember, anyone can make him a sandwich. That means during pregnancy too, so I don't think it's for procreation only.

18 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Once michelle can officially no longer conceive baby's, are she and jim bob allowed to do the hey hey hey? isn't sex only for procreation in their cult?

I think they're still hoping for another miracle. If they ignore all signs of menopause and just keep praying, her womb will be blessed with the J'blessing that finally shows her superiority to Kelly Jo Bates.

39 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

http://www.healthline.com/health-blogs/hold-that-pause/can-i-get-pregnant-during-perimenopause

According to this source, you CAN get pregnant during perimenopause, the years before menopause sets in for good.  But the odds are like 5%, and that's for a women in her 40's.  michelle is almost 50 now.

Yes, you can still get pregnant during perimenopause which is why OB's recommend you stay on BC until menopause but the chances are very slim.   All I was saying is that just because she hasn't gotten pregnant doesn't mean she's in menopause.

17 minutes ago, missegeno said:

I think they're still hoping for another miracle. If they ignore all signs of menopause and just keep praying, her womb will be blessed with the J'blessing that finally shows her superiority to Kelly Jo Bates.

Agreed. I'm sure she's in several stages of denial. But at some point there will be too much evidence for her to deny.

1 minute ago, justmy2cents said:

Yes, you can still get pregnant during perimenopause which is why OB's recommend you stay on BC until menopause but the chances are very slim.   All I was saying is that just because she hasn't gotten pregnant doesn't mean she's in menopause.

This is very true.  I'm guessing having all those kids, so close together, might change things for her- her average menopause onset might be delayed. Or early. who know? 

And now i've done tooooo much speculating about michelle's womb and need to go bleach my brain. 

7 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

What the hell? Does that man listen to himself?

Clearly he doesn't...

RE: Mullet's cycle - it really depends on the person.

I hit perimenopause in my mid 20's and the full blown menopause just recently. (What a scandal! A barren woman! OMG!)

IF she is in menopause; which may not be the case at all - I doubt she'd be filmed having hot flushes or having intensive sweats when you walk 1m (maybe not 1m, but you get the point!). :exercise:

7 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Yeah, when they went to go put up Josie's crib in the Dillard house for Israel, JB said, "I'm not sure if it's my plumbing or hers, but..."

He and Trump are gunning for my number one spot on the List of Men I Want to Kick in the Crotch with Steel Toed Boots...

9 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I assume that Michelle is in menopause and has been for the past couple of years, but she and JB still had to claim they were "working on number twenty" for the cameras. Since neither of them are supposed to be on Counting On (in theory, at least), hopefully this will be the end of the talk of number twenty. 

The stage Michelle seems to be in is "peri menopause." She is moving towards menopause but is not there yet.  So she may still have hope. If she hasn't stopped menstruating, even if her cycles are far apart and irregular, she could still get pregnant.  

The talk about hormone supplements to help her keep the baby may be related to  irregular cycles.  If JB said that he wasn't sure if it was his "plumbing" or hers, that suggests that she was (at least then) still menstruating.

Technically "menopause" is the end of menstruation, not a stage but an ending.  If you go a year without a period you have  "gone through menopause."  So long as Michelle is hoping for number 20, it would seem that she hasn't gotten there yet.  However, the doctors have probably told her that it is unlikely she will conceive and even more unlikely she can carry another pregnancy to term.   

Of course, with God, everything is possible. Sarah had Isaac well into old age; Elizabeth gave birth to John-the-Baptist when she was no spring chicken.  Maybe Michelle hopes for a similar divine intervention.

The woman is appalling, but I do feel a little sorry for her.

Oh God, someone please help me, I'm seriously considering buying 17-19 KAC. Whaaaaaaaa!  I want to watch them ALL. And I think I have a problem.  It wouldn't trouble me so much if the episodes didn't cost between $25-$30 for a season.  How utterly sad.  Both the expense and my urge to binge watch the early years.  I'm not sure if I should be talked out of this or something.  It's crazy to see how much they've changed.

Ha, I (meno)paused the convo for a moment.  Hehehehehehe :)

I wonder if you could find all the episodes on youtube or something instead of having to pay?

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

I wonder if you could find all the episodes on youtube or something instead of having to pay?

No, not full episodes.  Nor does the official YouTube channel offer anything before 19KAC.  All the other, non-official videos are in separate parts, some of which have been removed due to copyright issues. 

7 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Did you look on ebay to see if someone is selling theirs cheap?

I did NOT :)  I will though.

• choralcrusader8613 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived