IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

6 hours ago, Dugg@rTime said:

I'm not usually a beardy-guy kind of gal, but I think you've convinced me, yum ;).

Those are some REAL GOOD beards. I like facial hair done right.

2 hours ago, MoonFace said:

How can they say that they are forbidden - after all Jesus had a beard.    

Jewish men were required to have beards. But hey, Gothardites don't eat pork so that's enough Jewishness, right?

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband has always had a beard and I like it. He keeps it trimmed and groomed though. I saw pictures of the Duck Dynasty guys back when they looked like a bunch of rich preppies? The long beards they have now are just ugly and look especially ridiculous when they are shown at formal events with their wives in nice gowns, they're in suits and then they have the long unkempt beards. I've always thought the beards were more a marketing thing for the tv show.

I actually didn't like her hair. I thought she looked like Mary Duggar. I think she needs something more radical (for her). I'm sure she wouldn't allow any more hair to be taken off, and if JB disapproves, then it won't happen. I can't imagine Mr. Wolf telling me what to wear or how to style my hair.

I think Jill has had some major issues.  I can't see Jill doing at all well with a tarantula on the toothbrush.  I have to say the worst I've encountered was a tarantula in the garage heading toward the laundry room and I wouldn't want to see that very often. 

I didn't like her hair when her friend did it. I think the people makeover was better because her hair had a bit of controlled curl, not like her usual fried mess. I do remember after her friend did her hair she said that was the way it looked when she got out of the shower. I think she doesn't see straight hair as a hairstyle. She thinks she  needs curls. That would be fine if she styled it like some of her daughters do with loose curls. No matter what she does though, she needs to cut off some of that fried, unhealthy length and stop teasing the top all to hell. Healthy, shiny hair and soft, natural makeup would really make a huge difference. I don't understand how they  can let people magazine do  such a nice  makeover and then go back to their old ways.  I guess they are willing to do anything to be in the magazine.

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Looking at the pics of M again, I'm struck by how unattractive JB wants her to be. The hair, the puffed sleeves, the GREEN shirt. We know he loves the long hair and the sleeves, but she could look so much better with a good haircut and flattering clothes. He must not want her to realize what an attractive woman she is. She might develop some self esteem.

Both of them are stuck as teenagers in the 80s. If Michelle updates her look, the two of them will have to admit that they're old. I don't think either of them CAN do that. I mean look at how they took the news of her not being able to conceive again because of her age.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I actually didn't like her hair. I thought she looked like Mary Duggar. I think she needs something more radical (for her). I'm sure she wouldn't allow any more hair to be taken off, and if JB disapproves, then it won't happen. I can't imagine Mr. Wolf telling me what to wear or how to style my hair.

If I remember correctly, her friend WANTED to do a much bolder change, but Michelle was not having any of it.

9 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

If they were, then Josh would have been in trouble a few years ago lol

From the Duggar Family Blog:

IMG_9061.jpg

Weelllll... Hookers and molesting your sisters and babysitters are on the no list for Gothardites too. I don't think Josh is the poster boy for rule following. ;)

5 hours ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

To be fair, I think Michelle (other than the dress sense and hair) looks incredible after having 19 children. I'd look like Gollum.

If I had 19 children, there wouldn't even be any pictures of me outside of a state hospital. The fact that she can stand there, hold still and take a picture without twitching every second from stress is unbelievable to me. -signed a mom of three 

7 minutes ago, lotsuvyarn said:

If I had 19 children, there wouldn't even be any pictures of me outside of a state hospital. The fact that she can stand there, hold still and take a picture without twitching every second from stress is unbelievable to me. -signed a mom of three 

This is absolutely hysterical. Full points here. 

28 minutes ago, RootBeerFloat said:

Weelllll... Hookers and molesting your sisters and babysitters are on the no list for Gothardites too. I don't think Josh is the poster boy for rule following. ;)

Yea, but Michelle and JB would have been all over him to clean up his act before he put their well being in jeapordy if it was against Gothard's teachings. Unlike the molestations, which they thought were hidden, and AM, which hadn't yet come into play by the time this picture was taken, a beard would have been hard to hide. lol

4 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Those are some REAL GOOD beards. I like facial hair done right.

Jewish men were required to have beards. But hey, Gothardites don't eat pork so that's enough Jewishness, right?

I'll bet they are eating pork down there in Central America.

21 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Menopause is finally  kicking in. Rejoice, no more kids Will come out of that vagina

I noticed the weight gain also. Would fundies take antidepressants?  Her weight gain, especially around her face is reminiscent to me how some people look who gain weight from their antidepressant, or other medicines. 

lots of the new antidepressants don't cause weight gain, but some of the older ones that are still used a lot like Elavil do. 

Though I think we mostly agree that they have brought the stress of the past year onto themselves, there is no denying it must have been very stressful and it wouldn't surprise me if anyone in that situation would end up  depressed. 

While it isn't impossible that she could be pregnant, I just think if she was, we would be seeing a huge media blitz about it.  This would be there ticket back to TV easily. 

Everyone sees the fried mullet and ken doll hair but them. The kids managed to get past the pilgrim clothes and home perms, and always seem to want update their parents. Do ya'll remember this? I think the kids styled Boob to look more modern, and I feel like this look doesn't really work on him either. (It might just be the fact that I can't stand him, so my opinion of his appearance can't be helped...)

image.jpg

I just wanted to something about their mission trips in general: I find it really really really offensive of them to go to a country, that is alreay christian (catholic), and try to convince people that what they believed for hundreds of years is wrong and they are going to hell when they do not become protestant and follow the gospel or whatever, sorry I don't really know what their branche of christianity really is like. I mean they are totally harassing people (to use Jill's words here).

I admit that the spanish people did the same thing to the Indians 500 years ago but that doesn't make it right today. The actual motive in all of this is always money money money. 500 years ago it was the gold and the work force of the poor Indians, today it's the "church tax" and also the work force (especially for women) that goes with being a member of a evangelical church. For women all your free time goes into the church, cooking, baking, organizing things, very often for free or very little money. It is always the same damn thing.

16 hours ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I don't think anyone here said their only issue with him was his beard. It's just what we're talking about right now.

Fair enough.

6 hours ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

Everyone sees the fried mullet and ken doll hair but them. The kids managed to get past the pilgrim clothes and home perms, and always seem to want update their parents. Do ya'll remember this? I think the kids styled Boob to look more modern, and I feel like this look doesn't really work on him either. (It might just be the fact that I can't stand him, so my opinion of his appearance can't be helped...)

Nothing would make JB look any better, because his main problem (physically) is his weird facial expressions. His real smile looks like a very unconvincing fake smile. I find people like that so unsettling. Ted Cruz is the same way. I've never seen either of them with a normal-looking expression. I don't know if it's that they're such revolting, phony people that it shows in their expressions, or if they were just born with exceptionally punchable faces.

Derick's jaw surgery left his teeth misaligned with his nose.  The shaggy hair and beard he is now sporting might be a self-conscious attempt to cover up his appearance.  He also seems to speak with a lisp now.  This guy is seriously in bad shape.

56c1d8c3f3686_0DerickTeeth.PNG.d55ed25fe

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

Was Derick in pain prior to his jaw surgery, or was it purely for cosmetic reasons?

tlc storyline that horribly wrong ....

9 hours ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

image.jpg

I think it looks like Jeff Dunham going on in this pic.  Not to diss on Jeff cuz I love his comedy but that was my first impression.

Now, I don't mean to hop on the meany bus direct to Bitch Corner, but I feel it needs to be said:

MOST serious medical issues that come up in your 20's and 30's don't get better as you age: they get worse.  I say this as a person WITH chronic medical issues.  I may get better at managing them as I age (I'm nearly 28 now), but I accept that as I age, my body will not handle the toll of serious flare ups as well nor recover as quickly.  I can do all I can to keep my body otherwise in top shape, but that's life.

Which is why I would NEVER consider marrying a partner I would be expected to support.  I used to consider this in my early 20's before my insides went on strike, but now I know it's a bad call as there is a VERY REAL chance my health may require me not to work for an extended time later in life, and I need a partner that can pay the bills if they have to.  

So what is Jill going to do?  If Derick's health continues to be an issue (and if it has gone on this long, it likely will) and the issues get worse with age (as is to be expected), what is Jill going to do if he needs to take an extended leave of absence from working in his 40's?  What if his health forces him into early retirement?  How are they going to afford the medical bills without insurance from a "real" job?  

Jill is not expecting to EVER have to be the primary bread winner, but if her spouse has health issues, she may not have a choice.

22 hours ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I, too, am surprised that he doesn't have a mangy beard, but it is still  bit too patchy. If he properly groomed it, the patchiness wouldn't be so noticeable, since most of it is along the edges.

That said, Derick would look world better if he either went for the intentionally messy hair with a well groomed beard look, the just beyond stubble beard with well groomed hair, a somewhat bushy (not unkempt) beard with well groomed hair, or both being well groomed. But, you can't have both unkempt hair and an unkempt beard and expect to look attractive.

Also, because someone up thread asked earlier, here are some examples of good beards:

Hide contents

bd31bac0a2815aabc4d794893676efda.jpg

763ff5fcebf1b66738f4cd29e0b2d9f3.jpg

1bc2be3a9ee7e8c0af4d2be3ed9e0ded.jpg

cf710bb79997d553c642371bd1f91cf8.jpg

2214a52309278d401a6e8a603e30d29e.jpg

Can you PM me the link where you got the second photo?  I'm almost positive I know him.

Never mind - i just sent the pic to my daughter and it's not who I thought it was.  Looks exactly like her boyfriend...exactly.  If I saw this pic on her phone I'd have to text him and gently mock the silly tongue thing!  

That he's got a doppleganger out there is kind of freaking her out. :) 

On 2/13/2016 at 2:07 PM, zee_four said:

Hello FJ! Ive been a lurker on and off for years, i even remember reading Ruth and embarassingly believing her. However this is my very first post. Ive been tempted to post before now but never followed through with signing up a new account. Not sure why this was my ice breaker but better late than never.

Anyway as a Spanish speaker fairly immersed in Mexican culture I find the names of the children they describe strange..  Kevin, Jason? I was with friends from Hondoras last night and their names are Marcello, Roberto and Jose Luis.

Local families in need of resources are probably savy to the pervasiveness of these wannabe white savior groups and coach their kids to milk the most out of them. Americanized names, stories of learning English and sick relatives, anything to best play the part and to make it seem like they're the ideal stereotype of docile brown people, eager to shed their native ignorance and savegry for the enlightenment of the brand of white washed Americanized evangelism theyre so greatful all these pseudo wannabes like the Dillards have opened their eyes to. As they very well should, laughing at the stupid gringos all the way wondering how people from a place like the US are stupid enough to think no one in El Salvador has ever heard of this Jesus guy before.

About the names! Of course. If anything, they are likely to have Latinized biblical (Roman Catholic) names. That's a very good clue you've got there. And welcome to the mad house here.

On 2/14/2016 at 1:51 AM, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

I wandered over to google to see what all the fuss was about and whoa! I do not mean to be harsh, but the poor lad looks like an emaciated version of the Geico caveman.

Ok, I have a couple questions, please anyone let me know your thoughts:

Do you think that Derick's lack of grooming bothers Jill at all?

Do you think there may be a point to Derick's lack of grooming, like maybe he's purposely trying to look like he is really roughing it out there?

cavederick.jpg

I don't want to be mean. But my mom is a dentist and I've even worked at a TMJ office helping doctors. Who ever did his surgery misaligned his jaw. It's still crocked. It's been what 9 months? He should be healing by now. His front teeth are completely off center. 

I'll go back into my bitch hole now.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived